Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Con-Man Pre 98 Mirko Racing Front Splitter - 10/13/05 06:02 PM
Pre 98 owners I contacted Albert Mirko and ask if he would consider making a front splitter for Pre 98 contour. He say he has thought about it but we need at least 30 people before he would consider making this happen.The price would be $200-$250 range if anyone is interested please post.

Thanks
Calvin
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Pre 98 Mirko Racing Front Splitter - 10/13/05 06:24 PM
Plus $70 for shipping
Posted By: Con-Man Re: Pre 98 Mirko Racing Front Splitter - 10/14/05 08:38 AM
Yes I just confirmed it is a $70.00 fee for shipping. I contacted Albert and asked for a price with shipping include. I will update when I receive the price.

Thanks
Calvin
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Pre 98 Mirko Racing Front Splitter - 10/14/05 12:13 PM
How would one actually make a splitter for the pre-98 bumper?

THat splitter would be MASSIVE to look at all aestetically effective.

Nonetheless, it would be awesome to see them do this. Good luck guys. I know how it feels to want a Mirko, I've had oen chiling in the basement for 2 years from my first CSVT, when ever I get the chance to have it molded to the front of my new one... what glorious day it shall be.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Pre 98 Mirko Racing Front Splitter - 10/14/05 12:36 PM
I do not want to take away from this idea as it is great that some one wants to step up and put it all together but I feel you would have better luck pitching this to post 98 guys first as I think there are more of them on the board anyway. also that idea was brought up before and some photshops were done to give ideas and some interest was taken

either way good luck and I hope 30 people step up as it would be cool to see one made
Posted By: Con-Man Re: Pre 98 Mirko Racing Front Splitter - 10/14/05 07:29 PM
Mirko Racing has replied back. Heres a copy of the email I got:
Yes, send them to the site to see the SVT splitter, it should be similar. We can't go down on the price, we have to make a mold from scratch for this project and the boxes we ship the splitters in cost $17 each, the shipping runs about $57 to continental USA...

We haven't made any other body mods for SVT but may consider it if you can get orders for that too. So if we get orders for the splitters, ask them if they'd be interested in sideskirts and rear too...we'll decide from there...

thanks, albert mirko
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1396/mirko28ec.jpg picture of the splitter
http://www.mirkoracing.com/ splitter can also be seen on the website

Pre 98 people it is time to step up we're always asking is anything going to be made for us. Well here it is our time. If we can get this off the ground he will consider making side skirts and rears. We can make history. I still have a few emails that Mr.Mirko has not answered. I will update as soon as I receive more info. Remember we need 30 people that want the splitter and please put if your interested in side skirts and rear. I will be the first to step up.

1.Con-man Calvin Carter (Splitter) must see finished product
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Pre 98 Mirko Racing Front Splitter - 10/14/05 08:41 PM

Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Pre 98 Mirko Racing Front Splitter - 10/14/05 09:45 PM
Wow, great post Goonz
Posted By: 95tour Re: Pre 98 Mirko Racing Front Splitter - 10/14/05 09:51 PM
Can someone photo chop the micro on our bumbers to see what it looks like? and if it looks good count me in 100%
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Pre 98 Mirko Racing Front Splitter - 10/14/05 10:01 PM
May i ask just this. If he's willing to make splitters for the pre-98 kids, why not just see if he'd be willing to make pre-98 svt bumpers and run the current splitter.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Pre 98 Mirko Racing Front Splitter - 10/14/05 10:18 PM
Originally posted by pole120:
May i ask just this. If he's willing to make splitters for the pre-98 kids, why not just see if he'd be willing to make pre-98 svt bumpers and run the current splitter.

That would be a great idea Josh!! But then that almost forces people to buy the rest of the SVT plastic. Then again, I don't know how a Mirko on a pre-98 without any plastic will look proportional with no sideskirts.

Mark
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Pre 98 Mirko Racing Front Splitter - 10/14/05 10:30 PM
I wish I had better news, but my forsaken car just isn't running right. I am interested, but I can't be counted in with the group buy because my money is too randomly spent on running the damn car in the first place.

Btw, I'm posting once again about my problems in Troubleshooting.

I like the idea, though I'd love to have a mirko for my car (and additional kit)
Posted By: 95tour Re: Pre 98 Mirko Racing Front Splitter - 10/14/05 10:31 PM
Lets see.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Pre 98 Mirko Racing Front Splitter - 10/15/05 03:04 AM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
Wow, great post Goonz

Posted By: Con-Man Re: Pre 98 Mirko Racing Front Splitter - 10/16/05 09:41 AM
Received another email from Mr.Mirko. I wanted to try to get a price for the splitter with the shipping included. I wasn't able to get that price right now. So the price is still $200 - $250 plus $70.00 for shipping, He may be able to do better on this price. He won't know until he starts making the mold etc. and it depends on how many orders we get to cover the initial R&D costs... Please understand we have time with this.If you say you would like to have a splitter the money won't be due for awhile. He still need alot more people. Thanks 95tour for stepping up.

Thanks
Con-man

1. Con-man(splitter)
2. 95tour (splitter)
Posted By: Tourige Re: Pre 98 Mirko Racing Front Splitter - 10/16/05 07:08 PM
Im in for Side Skirts if they are the exact same as OEM SVT skirts. (i also like the idea of a molded SVT front with a mirko)
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Pre 98 Mirko Racing Front Splitter - 10/17/05 02:54 PM
if they make the molded SVT front with a mirko i'm 100% in.
pre98 splitter: i'll have to see finished product first.

sides, rear, and molded front with splitter
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Pre 98 Mirko Racing Front Splitter - 10/17/05 04:25 PM
You won't get enough ppl to pony up the $ for this.
I'm in for two(2) splitters, and maybe the other stuff (got to see it 1st). I'd like Carbonfiber splitters as well.....

I know this buy( by myself and other instigators) has made the rounds (MANY)times, and not enough responce..........Maybe this time is the Charm!!!!!

ViVa Le Pre De 98! Oui?
Posted By: MazTour Re: Pre 98 Mirko Racing Front Splitter - 10/17/05 07:12 PM
I am definetly in. Also willing to pay a little more of a premium if we don't get enough people.

I want to make my front bumper more aggressive,but I want to keep the stock bumper,and if I were to change it,would be to an molded SVT bumper,no aftermarket stuff.

So yes,I'm in for a splitter. Not interested in skirts or rear bumper though. Already have SE skirts and searching for an SVT rear bumper.

....I don't even think we have enough modified pre98 guys to even get near 30 people though. But I'm crazy and going all out on my car,so I want one!
Originally posted by todras:
You won't get enough ppl to pony up the $ for this.

C'mon Todd this is the friggin CEG! Land of peoples who want every thing, yet no money for it!
Posted By: Con-Man Re: Pre 98 Mirko Racing Front Splitter - 10/18/05 07:10 AM
Hello Pre 98 people I want to update the list. I know everyone thinks this is not going to happen but I still have faith. Thank you to Supertouringmike and TwoToneTour for stepping up.

1. Con-man(splitter)
2. 95tour (splitter)
3. Supertouringmike(2 splitters)
4. TwoToneTour(splitter)
Hello To all my Contour family. As you can see I can't let this splitter go. I contacted Mr. Mirko and I asked him was it possible for this splitter to work for post 98. He said YES it will work for the SE model as well. So maybe we can get this off the ground after all. I will ask this it has been a few people that have asked me some tough question. Question that I can not answer about the splitter. If you look back into the GB you will see Mr. Mirko states it will look very similar too the SVT splitter. I would ask any question about the splitter please email Mr. Mirko @ mirkocar@garlic.com Now Post 98 we need your help. Come On lets make this happen.

Thank You
Con-man
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Pre 98 Mirko Racing Front Splitter - 10/21/05 03:01 PM
1. Con-man(splitter)
2. 95tour (splitter)
3. Supertouringmike(2 splitters)
4. TwoToneTour(splitter)
5. abwamo (splitter)

if this GB doesn't go thru i'm going for the SVT splitter anyways and modifying my front bumper to get the friggin splitter to work. thats it i'm going to make it happen this winter body work and new paint job.
© CEG Archives