Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
For those that are unaware of what i'm doing here, this is what i'm looking at producing multiples of. it is a 2-5/8" gauge molded into the dash for a stock look and feel, with easy reading ability. Shown is a 2-5/8" Oil pressureg gauge. I have not done a 2-1/16" yet...so there may be a discount involved for the first person on that one, as it will also be used to make my mold when i'm done with it.

Requirements: You send me your bezel, and gauge you wish to use...i do the rest.

Turnaround: No mroe than a week, i'm doing these n the side after work, so i only spend a cuple hours a day on them.

Cost: $125 shipped....this pod has OVER 8 hours of sanding into it....it flows FLAWLESSLY, believe me, those that have seen it will tell you it's worth it.

Note: This pod eliminates the "off" function of the center vents....but really, who close them anyway?? You'll also have to find a new home for your change.
Mines already painted body color

I'll find one in the junkyard
it's goin to have to get painted anyway, the bezel is shipped pack primed over the areas the molding was done.
but you'd have to sand mine before it was even reday to work on.

I'll see if I can find you one.
Don't saend anything yet...this is an interest check.
No, not interested, but it does look good mang...
very interested in the 2-1/16", i would be willing to be the first, your work looks very good.
Originally posted by Bk4293L:
No, not interested, but it does look good mang...

Yup, for those who don't have gauge pillars - I would highly recommend to get Pole's - the stuff looks great!
I could send you mine with my front mount that needs to be filled. I could be your 52mm guinea pig. PM with how much...
I'm in 100% -- I'd want the same size as you show in your original post.. that looks great and very OEM ..
i want 1

add me 2 the list
Josh, is there a time limit on these? I'm very interested, but I can't do anything for a month or so.
I'd be interested in a 2 1/16th.
I'm probobly lookingat starting this around the end of Oct. and I will be doing the on a one-at a time basis, I will concentrate on one, and when it's done, i'll notify the next person to ship that way i don't rush three to get them out in a weeks time and do a sh!t job.
excellent idea
Id like one, but right now im not sure what size gauge i want.
I'll be in on a 2 1/16 in bezel. So go ahead and add me to that little notification list you got going there. BTW, it looks really good finally finished.
Thanks guys, it looks like i might begin offering this the begining of november, but i'm not sure yet, i will be sure to let you guys know with a final list when this is going down. Untill then, those that are interested but haven't posted, please do so. This is most definitly going to be a ONE TIME ONLY run.

Pole
Woop! Woop! 2 5/8" for tropictour!
-tropictour
Originally posted by BlackBirdRacing:
Mines already painted body color

I'll find one in the junkyard

Ive got one for sale in the classifieds.
i want one for my Pre-98, we get no loving
what does a pre-98 bezel look like, post a pic and maybe i can work something out for you.

Josh
but pre-98 guys have the 3 guage cluster that can fit in the DIN area. Why complain about 1 guage for the post-98's?
that 3-gauge cluster is not at eye level. Lik ei said, throw up some pics of an early cluster, and i'll think about giving it a shot(no additional charge)
Posted By: Pole120 DONOR POD NEEDED - 10/18/05 04:21 PM
For anyone interested in the 2-1/16" pod, I need a donor, if anyone is willing to front one for the design, i'll offer a price break on you're final piece. It will not be useable after i'm done with it(mold will be created from it), so if you can get ahold of a spare...send it my way.

Shipping details can be given through PM to anyone that is willing to do this.

The 2-5/8" mold will be ready after this weekend, and i'll start a new thread for that pod's production., once the 2-1/16" is ready i'll do the same.
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: DONOR POD NEEDED - 10/19/05 11:31 AM
question, are you making a whole new bezel out of fiberglass or are you just modifying the one we send you with fiberglass for the gauge.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: DONOR POD NEEDED - 10/19/05 12:18 PM
modifying the one you send.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: DONOR POD NEEDED - 10/19/05 03:54 PM
Josh, would yours fit with these gauges?

Posted By: Pole120 Re: DONOR POD NEEDED - 10/19/05 03:58 PM
To do that, you'd have to mold in the 2-5/8" first, then do the 2 2-1/16", but i see no reason why it can't be done....i'm working on it for myself actually. You'll have to talk to dpa43 and see if he'd be interested in doing that for you, it's his design and i'm not going to step on toes and offer it to others.
Posted By: muntus Re: DONOR POD NEEDED - 10/19/05 03:59 PM
I'd be more interested if these could be produced with the smaller gauge without eliminating the on/off function.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: DONOR POD NEEDED - 10/19/05 04:18 PM
i'm not sure the on\off needs to be eliminated with the smaller gauge, i don't have one in hand to tell you that, i assume it can be done without having to do that, but the work to re-shape the vent side AND include the on\off will definitly inpact price.

In addition, depending on year, some yurs have raised portions indicating on\off, while others are lettered in white., to keep these symbols while shaping the side is next to impossible.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: DONOR POD NEEDED - 10/19/05 06:41 PM
I would love to have you do one for me, but I think Im going to stick my shift light there. If I put anything there, it would be hella cool to have this, minus the $400 price tag!

Dakota Digital Tire Pressure Monitor
Posted By: muntus Re: DONOR POD NEEDED - 10/19/05 06:53 PM
Originally posted by pole120:

In addition, depending on year, some yurs have raised portions indicating on\off, while others are lettered in white., to keep these symbols while shaping the side is next to impossible.

I would just want to retain the functionality.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: DONOR POD NEEDED - 10/19/05 07:48 PM
Originally posted by pole120:
To do that, you'd have to mold in the 2-5/8" first, then do the 2 2-1/16", but i see no reason why it can't be done....i'm working on it for myself actually. You'll have to talk to dpa43 and see if he'd be interested in doing that for you, it's his design and i'm not going to step on toes and offer it to others.

Josh, was there a specific reason to do it in the 2 5/8" size rather than 2 1/16"? Was it just because of the size of the coin tray, personal preference, etc? I'm thinking if I get dpa43 to do it in 2 1/16" then yours should be the same, if for nothing else, appearance's sake and conformity.
What are your thoughts?

AND, does anyone know where I can pick up indiglo gauges to match those from the recent GB ? These are the only ones I've found so far and I'd like some other ones to choose from. They're also not showing voltmeters or the air/fuel meters (aka light shows...for my purposes).
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: DONOR POD NEEDED - 10/19/05 08:09 PM
Autometer, Faze, there are a few others. You could also do what dpa (and I think stazi) did and just use the blue bulb covers. It looks surprising good.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: DONOR POD NEEDED - 10/19/05 08:29 PM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
Autometer, Faze, there are a few others. You could also do what dpa (and I think stazi) did and just use the blue bulb covers. It looks surprising good.

Holy crap!! Only almost 300 pages to look through.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: DONOR POD NEEDED - 10/19/05 08:53 PM
I chose 2-5/8 solely for visibility, i intended to do 2-1/16, but later changed my mind i ordered the gauge.
Posted By: tropictour Re: DONOR POD NEEDED - 10/20/05 05:10 AM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

Yeah Autometer sells replacement LED bulbs for their gauges in green, blue, and red.
-tropictour
Posted By: Pole120 Re: DONOR POD NEEDED - 10/25/05 03:07 AM
so this is my list so far:

2-5/8:
tropic tour

2-1/16
Benny 1
Rtstabler
69boss302

Unknown:
Blackbirdracing
NVMYSVT
Realy big fuzzy
SVT490

if i missed anyone please add yourself.

if you're not SERIOUSLY interested take you name off the list.

I still need a 2-1/16 donor pod...i'm considdering taking the one out of the svt for that, but that will be an absoute last resort.

Once the GB tread opens up for the 2-5/8" people, it'll be first come first serve, so keep an eye out.

Pole
Posted By: Pole120 molded gauge update - 10/25/05 11:12 PM
the 2-1/16 donor pod will be on it's way shortly
Posted By: really BIG fuzzy Re: molded gauge update - 10/26/05 02:55 AM
2-5/8:
tropic tour

2-1/16
Benny 1
Rtstabler
69boss302
Realy big fuzzy

Unknown:
Blackbirdracing
NVMYSVT
SVT490

ugh, nana nana
Posted By: svt490 Re: molded gauge update - 11/03/05 03:44 PM
still interested,

I want a 2 1/16

Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: molded gauge update - 11/05/05 08:56 AM
Originally posted by svt490:
still interested,

I want a 2 1/16

same here
Posted By: Benny1 Re: molded gauge update - 11/05/05 02:21 PM
i still want one of these but i have to wait until after christmas. I am having surgery on tuesday and i will be out of work until at least jan. 1, sorry for that, i will contact you after i am back to work.

Ben
Posted By: Pole120 molded gauge update - 11/15/05 01:03 AM
Well guys it's goin to be starting here very soon.

Because there is only one person interested in the 2-5/8" pod i'm not making a mold, but will instead do a single pod.

The 2-1/16" pod mold is nearing completion and the first production piece will be here to show soon.

If you're no longer interested or your prefrence has changed requarding gauge size PLEASE POST SO NOW

Thanks
Josh
Posted By: Pole120 Re: molded gauge update - 12/07/05 05:39 AM
Well, after many hours of sanding and sanding and more sanding this is just getting to be to labor intensive to be worth it any longer. To those that REALLY want one of these (currently have one in process), PM me and we can talk about doing a custom piece.

Sorry guys, I just don't have the time to devote to a GB right now...perhaps in a couple months when things calm down i'll offer once again.

Thanks
Josh
© CEG Archives