Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Mirko Racing has replied back and the info is in!

Heres a copy of the email I got:

"You bet we'll do a group buy! We are charging $220 for the splitter now, so we could go down to $200 each if you can get 10 orders. Let us know!

Thanks, rosi mirko "

Also for those of you who do not know what it looks like here are pictures from their website:

Only respond to this post if you wish to place an order!!

This will help me control the list and make things a lot easier. If you have any questions PM me or email me at irocu26@hotmail.com">irocu26@hotmail.com</a>, or during the week at <a href="mailto:riesm@minnesotaelevator.com
If you are looking for an answer to a general question about the product post in the other section and someone may be able to answer it quickly that already knows about it, searching can be made in the aesthetics section as well. Also make use of Mirko Racing's website.

Thanks!
Obviously I'm in so thats 1 person.

Also if we start pushing the 10+ mark I will ask if we can get a better deal.
is it 200 shipped or 200 + shipping??

I could use one...
It's probably $200 plus $70 for shipping. I'll let the deal organizer answer that though. It's nice they put it back down to $220 from the previous $250 they marked it up months ago. Depending on when payment is needed, I will be interested. This is a bad month for me (and some others) with college starting (Book Fees), and insurance coming up next month. A projected period of payment (when we can pay) would be appreciated. Thanks
i'm in.
details on shipping and a deadline. once i kno that, ill be able to say yes or no.
I'm in but $200.00 SHIPPED would be awesome if you can nail Albert into that dealio.
im in!
Think I'd like to get in on this deal, too.
Originally posted by csvtjohnga:
details on shipping and a deadline. once i kno that, ill be able to say yes or no.

I've never seen one in person yet - how thin are these things? I assume that I can easily screw and unscrew it if needed (IE snow in the Winter)

is it thicker than a fiberglass front bumper?
Originally posted by NVMYCAT:
I've never seen one in person yet - how thin are these things? I assume that I can easily screw and unscrew it if needed (IE snow in the Winter)

They are VERY thick and rigid! the only part that is somewhat thin, is the sides that screw into the bumper cover. This portion is thing, as it doesn't need the support that the front does, and it would look plain ugly if it were thick, and protruded from the rest of the bumper.

These might help show different angles also.

Mark
very hot car!!!
very hot car!!!

yep....damn your paint looks good...wish my black would stay looking like that...
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:
very hot car!!!

yep....damn your paint looks good...wish my black would stay looking like that...

Thank you both! It definitely helps buying the car new, and knowing just how hard it is to maintain black paint. Funny, I drove this car for the first 3 winters I had it, and the paint still looks great!

But to keep this Mirko related, I'd really like to repaint mine. It's so low to the ground with the Eibachs that it does tend to get some little rock chips. It takes a little getting used to, driving with it, but not too bad.

Mark
upon installation, will they scratch the bumper?

they do scratch the bumper up some. just get it molded to your front bumper and you dont have to worry about taking it off.
Originally posted by mikey boy:

they do scratch the bumper up some. just get it molded to your front bumper and you dont have to worry about taking it off.

I do plan on taking it off like during the winter..isnt there like foam or somthing protective I can put on between the bumper and splitter to prevent scratching? I mean to say this because my front bumper is like cleanest shiniest part of my car since I got it repainted, I'd hate to have it all scratched up ya know..
I have foam on mine (I take it off in the winter). It makes it stick out a bit, but whatever. Im not ruining my brand new paintjob. After I took it off my old bumper, it wasnt scratched up at all compared to how most people's get thrashed from having it on there. It just window insulation foam, you can get it at home depot or lowes. Its sticky on one side, smooth on the other. Stick onto Mirko and say bye bye to scratches.
What kind of bumper do you need/will it fit on pre98 models?
Originally posted by Kerry2Kool4U:
What kind of bumper do you need/will it fit on pre98 models?

Only if you take the time and trouble to mold it on, and then it's awesome!!

BTW, count me in. I can't afford it but I can't pass it up either....not at $200, anyway. Work on Albert about the shipping.
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
I have foam on mine (I take it off in the winter). It makes it stick out a bit, but whatever. Im not ruining my brand new paintjob. After I took it off my old bumper, it wasnt scratched up at all compared to how most people's get thrashed from having it on there. It just window insulation foam, you can get it at home depot or lowes. Its sticky on one side, smooth on the other. Stick onto Mirko and say bye bye to scratches.

sounds fantastic
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

They are VERY thick and rigid! the only part that is somewhat thin, is the sides that screw into the bumper cover. This portion is thing, as it doesn't need the support that the front does, and it would look plain ugly if it were thick, and protruded from the rest of the bumper.

Mark

Mark, how is yours fastened? Are you just using screws or do you have the 1/4 turn fasteners? I think they're called dzu's or something like that. Anybody else know what I'm talking about? I'll have to be able to take it off in winter since I still don't have a winter beater.
i'm in shipping help would be great though
Tom I just use screws. It doesnt take much time to take off (maybe 5 min). I plan on using those push in plastic plugs to fill the holes in the winter.

And yes, they are Dzus fasteners. I was going to use them, but you have to drill a large hole (1/2" IIRC) in the bumper to use them. Since I would like to have something fill them in the winter, I just decided to use screws so I could use those plastic plugs.
Originally posted by wa2tuff:

Mark, how is yours fastened? Are you just using screws or do you have the 1/4 turn fasteners? I think they're called dzu's or something like that. Anybody else know what I'm talking about? I'll have to be able to take it off in winter since I still don't have a winter beater.

mark and i are both running flush mounted hex head bolts with lock nuts. You can buy both the parts at home depot.
Posted By: CSVT#49 SHIPPING - 09/10/05 01:16 AM
Well I got feedback on the shipping....

The deal is $200 + $70 as some of you may have expected. The shipping price breaks down to $20 for the box and $50 for flat rate shipment. The price on the Mirko splitter is still $250, Rosi just misquoted. They are giving us a $50 discount on the splitter with 10 purchases. Again if we get more then that then we may have something to bargain with. So lets get some people commited!

Again I've noticed a lot of posting on here with just questions, which I would have liked to have been in the other post, but whatever I guess.

If you DO WANT TO ORDER send me a PM or email that way I can sort through people who want in on this GB without having to read through all of these posts and determine who wants to be on the list and who doesn't.

I will post an list with the people who want to buy in on this group purchase and update it as people commit to it.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: SHIPPING - 09/10/05 05:23 PM
how soon can this go through, I want my mirko before winter starts here and this is the best time of the year..
Posted By: CSVT#49 Order List - 09/11/05 02:01 AM
Heres everyone I have as of right now

1. Mike (SHOTIME2669)
2. William Posey Jr.
3. Justin M. (teamsvtour)
4. Goonz SVT
5. wa2tuff
6. Getlucky151
7. Bryan (Hdbngr8)

Still need 3 more people on this. If we get more we got more to bargain with possibly lower the price (no promises on that though)

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Order List - 09/11/05 04:32 AM
so if we get 10 people..how longs the wait?
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: Order List - 09/11/05 08:55 PM

1. Mike (SHOTIME2669)
2. William Posey Jr.
4. Goonz SVT
5. wa2tuff
6. Getlucky151
7. Bryan (Hdbngr8)
8. Chris (NVMYCAT)

Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Order List - 09/12/05 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
so if we get 10 people..how longs the wait?

I need to know this too...like i said in a previous post, this month and maybe even the first week next month I wont be able to do it. But after I will. Textbooks and insurance are taking there tolls on me and others as well.
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: Order List - 09/12/05 02:57 AM
I'm looking into it, hopefully I'll have an answer for you guys when I get home from work tomorrow at 5:30pm (CT). I sent an email to Mirko Racing and they usually reply back within 24hrs.
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: Order List - 09/12/05 11:19 AM
can a few of them be shipped together to reduce shipping costs? Like if all the WI and IL people interested just ordered as 1 person or they shipped as 1 order?
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Order List - 09/12/05 05:24 PM
Good idea. That would be pretty cool if it helped out shipping costs. (being that they are completely rediculous charges, unless they arrive here next day)
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: Order List - 09/12/05 09:01 PM
agreed.. I'm tellin ya, I'm determined to help get this thing for 200 shipped!
Posted By: CSVT#49 Shipping - 09/12/05 11:56 PM
Heres the response I got from Mirko Racing.

"Canada's just $10 more. We should be able to have the splitters for you in
about 2 weeks from purchase date.

Let us know! Thanks! Albert Mirko"

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Shipping - 09/13/05 02:10 AM
I wanna buy..NOW
Posted By: Rance Re: Shipping - 09/13/05 03:30 AM
im in if i can pay in about two weeks.? my mirko is busted really bad and it would cost more to fix then it would to just buy a new one.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Order List - 09/13/05 01:53 PM

1. Mike (SHOTIME2669)
2. William Posey Jr.
4. Goonz SVT
5. Getlucky151
6. Bryan (Hdbngr8)
7. Chris (NVMYCAT)

I'm gonna have to remove my name from the list. The water pressure in my house has dropped. Had the water dept check it out and they say I have a leak in my service line. That means tearing up my yard, sidewalk, and God knows what else. Anyway, it's gonna be very expensive so the Mirko is gonna have to wait. I'm sorry and hope this won't cause a problem.
Posted By: NorthPole SVT Re: Order List - 09/13/05 06:50 PM
i am in even though i know the shipping to alaska is going to be crazy

1. Mike (SHOTIME2669)
2. William Posey Jr.
4. Goonz SVT
5. Getlucky151
6. Bryan (Hdbngr8)
7. Chris (NVMYCAT)
8. Steve (NorthPoleSVT
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: Order List - 09/14/05 02:31 AM
I can't imagine it will be to bad, if they are only charging an additional $10 for Canada.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Order List - 09/16/05 01:46 AM
whats going on here

i want my mirko!!
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: Order List - 09/16/05 03:59 AM
No doubt, your telling me there isn't 2 more people interested?

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Order List - 09/16/05 04:49 AM
i waaaannt itttt

come on people
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Order List - 09/16/05 01:46 PM
I would be all over this if I had the finances.
Posted By: Big_B Re: Order List - 09/16/05 08:52 PM
Me too, but I need new tires. My Mirko is chipped and chewed to heck.
My women is going to kill me, put my name down on the list.
Originally posted by Chuchurocket37:

thats what I'm talking about!

1. Mike (SHOTIME2669)
2. William Posey Jr.
4. Goonz SVT
5. Getlucky151
6. Bryan (Hdbngr8)
7. Chris (NVMYCAT)
8. Steve (NorthPoleSVT
9. Chuchurocket37

ONE MORE!!!
Originally posted by Chuchurocket37:

thats what I'm talking about!

1. Mike (SHOTIME2669)
2. William Posey Jr.
4. Goonz SVT
5. Getlucky151
6. Bryan (Hdbngr8)
7. Chris (NVMYCAT)
8. Steve (NorthPoleSVT
9. Chuchurocket37
10.Tom (wa2tuff)

ONE MORE!!!

I'm back!!!
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSsss

its SHOWTIME!
let's get this group buy goin' now!!
Hell yes. I'm sending Mirko the request and I will find out what the next step will be for us!
Email has been sent I'll post the details as soon as I get the reply!

-Mike
Hey Shotime, Did You Get My PM???
Heres the email I got from Mirko:

"Okay the total will be $2,700 and if you order on line it will default to
$3,200 total for 10 splitters, so you can order 8 splitters at $320 each and
that'll add up to $2,560, then you can mail us check for $140 difference.
Or you want to collect from everyone and mail one check that'll work.

Let us know and we'll get them into production!

thanks! rosi mirko"

I really don't want to be in charge of collecting everyones money as you are doing business with Mirko Racing, not me. So I shot them back another email asking if they could set up an account so that when everyone places there order they can be grouped together allowing everyone to pay on there own. The email just sounds like they want me to place one large order myself... which I guess I will do if it comes down to it, but I would rather not have you guys pay me.

Pale Horse I got your PM, but these guys really do not want to wait to see if we can get 20 people. Judging by the amount of time it took us to get 10 I don't think we'll see 20. Plus theres no guarantee that we will save anymore off of the cost. So I guess that will just put you at order 11, no big deal you still save $50.

I'll keep you guys updated as the info comes in.
so how much will we each owe with shipping?
so how much will we each owe with shipping?

so its 270.00 each? his email is sorta cryptic --
so its 270.00 each? his email is sorta cryptic --

I know huh, I didn;t really get it..
Posted By: CSVT#49 PAYMENT - 09/20/05 10:58 PM
Ok yea I thought that email was hard to understand, but this one is much much easier:

"They can each pay and order separately via paypal. Just to go
www.paypal.com and each one needs to send $270 to us - our paypal account is
mirkocar@garlic.com. They can pay via Visa, Mastercard, ck account etc.
with Paypal. They need to specify their name and shipping address on the
Paypal when they order. And have them specify it's for the splitter group
buy. We will ship each one separately to each individual person. They just
can't pay via our website because it defaults to the prices advertised on
the site.

Let us know as we've got 10 splitters in production so need them to pay
asap...

thanks, rosi mirko

Thanks! rosi"

So thats it Paypal payments to mirkocar@garlic.com and your good! Except Canadian orders we already know it will be an additional $10 for shipping for a total of $280. However!... if you are having them ship to Alaska, Hawaii, or outside the US like Canada I would really suggest that you call Mirko Racing and verify the shipping cost before sending payment. My order is in so lets get the rest going woohoo!
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: PAYMENT - 09/20/05 10:59 PM
thats cool.. unfortunately I can't pay until next week (mid week) will this still be cool?
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: PAYMENT - 09/20/05 11:22 PM
Not sure. I guess we'll find out.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: PAYMENT - 09/21/05 02:38 AM
payment sent
Posted By: Chuchurocket37 Re: PAYMENT - 09/21/05 10:21 PM
Sent in my payment last night.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: PAYMENT - 09/22/05 05:59 AM
Money just now sent.

Are we gonna get our splitter when they get our money or will we have to wait until all ten are paid for? That wouldn't be too cool. Guess I should have asked before I paid. Oh well, I still want it.
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: PAYMENT - 09/22/05 01:08 PM
Yea we will have to wait until all 10 orders are paid for before they are shipped out. Otherwise whos to say any joe smoe could call up and say he has 10 people wanting the splitters, he sends payment, they ship it, but he remaining 9 never exisited and then they get screwed. So it makes sense. I got this email yesterday:

"HI! I've got 2 orders so far, will ship when all 10 recd for the group buy discount. Thanks! albert mirko"

EDIT---------------------------------------
Heres what I've got for a payment status:

PAID 1. Mike (SHOTIME2669)
2. William Posey Jr.
PAID 4. Goonz SVT
5. Getlucky151
6. Bryan (Hdbngr8)
7. Chris (NVMYCAT)
8. Steve (NorthPoleSVT
PAID 9. Chuchurocket37
PAID10.Tom (wa2tuff)
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: PAYMENT - 09/22/05 03:00 PM
come on people pay, I want my mirko!!
Posted By: TjZ Re: PAYMENT - 09/22/05 07:03 PM

could I just go buy one to help ya out Goonz?
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: PAYMENT - 09/22/05 07:10 PM
Originally posted by LoganB:

Posted By: NorthPole SVT Re: PAYMENT - 09/22/05 07:36 PM
Just got an email back saying its only 10 more dollars to ship up to alaska. I thought it was going to be another 40 at least. Anyways I am going to pay mine right now so i will mark myself off.

2. William Posey Jr.
PAID 4. Goonz SVT
5. Getlucky151
6. Bryan (Hdbngr8)
7. Chris (NVMYCAT)
PAID 8. Steve (NorthPoleSVT
PAID 9. Chuchurocket37
PAID 10.Tom (wa2tuff)
Posted By: TjZ Re: PAYMENT - 09/22/05 07:43 PM
Originally posted by LoganB:

If someone bails I will pick one up for some reason, mmk?
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: PAYMENT - 09/22/05 08:10 PM
OK, folks, wake up! It's time to get the credit card out.

WAKE UP!!
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: PAYMENT - 09/22/05 08:38 PM
Who would these be shipped with to Canada? (USPS, FedEx)
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: PAYMENT - 09/23/05 04:06 PM
You would have to call Mirko Racing, but it says on their website they ship UPS ground.

Their number is 408-776-0073

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: PAYMENT - 09/23/05 04:14 PM
how many have paid yet!!
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: PAYMENT - 09/23/05 04:51 PM
PAID!
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: PAYMENT - 09/23/05 05:50 PM
I'll be paying on Wednesday (9/28)
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: PAYMENT - 09/23/05 06:30 PM

aww man
Posted By: machine Re: PAYMENT - 09/23/05 07:54 PM
this is william posey after i sign into paypal do i just go to send money and send it to the e mail posted above or is their another way. sorry for the ignorance new to this
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: PAYMENT - 09/23/05 09:56 PM
Originally posted by machine:
this is william posey after i sign into paypal do i just go to send money and send it to the e mail posted above or is their another way. sorry for the ignorance new to this

you put in the posted email address and once u are ready to send out the payment, it verifies it and the screen reads the email address as "Mirko..." its really easy

Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: PAYMENT - 09/23/05 10:13 PM

aww man

sorry.. I get paid every 2 weeks and thats payday for me.. if you feel inclined to pay my 270.00 and I pay you back that works too..

trust me, payment on Wednesday morning - ask anyone over at FastCougar - my word is GOLDEN, I'm not a slacker - I want one of these things bad.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: PAYMENT - 09/24/05 01:45 PM

2. William Posey Jr.
PAID 4. Goonz SVT
5. Getlucky151
6. Bryan (Hdbngr8)
7. Chris (NVMYCAT)
PAID 9. Chuchurocket37
PAID 10.Tom (wa2tuff)

If you've paid, please update the post so those of us who've paid know where we're at......
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: PAYMENT - 09/24/05 03:53 PM
i was hoping to get mine in before my painter left, its gonna cut it close..
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: PAYMENT - 09/25/05 11:26 AM
Just got back from vac. My order will be put through shortly
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: PAYMENT - 09/26/05 06:06 AM

2. William Posey Jr.
PAID 4. Goonz SVT
5. Getlucky151
6. Bryan (Hdbngr8)
7. Chris (NVMYCAT)
PAID 9. Chuchurocket37
PAID 10.Tom (wa2tuff)

If you've paid, please update the post so those of us who've paid know where we're at......

?????????????????????? Once NVMYCAT and Justin pay, we're still 3 short. What's the holdup??
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: PAYMENT - 09/26/05 06:18 AM

2. William Posey Jr.
PAID 4. Goonz SVT
5. Getlucky151
6. Bryan (Hdbngr8)
7. Chris (NVMYCAT)
PAID 9. Chuchurocket37
PAID 10.Tom (wa2tuff)

?????????????????????? Once NVMYCAT and Justin pay, we're still 3 short. What's the holdup??

No kiddking, I think Im gonna hafta call up mirko tommorow cause I REALLY need that piece cause my painter is gonna be gone for two months and he's the only one who will paint it for $50
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: PAYMENT - 09/26/05 08:20 PM

2. William Posey Jr.
PAID 4. Goonz SVT
5. Getlucky151
PAID 6. Bryan (Hdbngr8)
7. Chris (NVMYCAT)
PAID 9. Chuchurocket37
PAID 10.Tom (wa2tuff)

Posted By: machine Re: PAYMENT - 09/26/05 08:30 PM
i'll be paid as soon as i get verified through paypal seems i used up my spending limit without being verified.just waiting for a post in my account so that i can respond.started this process on friday so should be good sometime today or no later than tommorrow,sorry for the hold up but i'm definately still in
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: PAYMENT - 09/27/05 12:57 AM
It seems that we have to scratch off Getlucky151 from the list. I was just informed via PM that he has run into some problems and will not (at the moment) be able to come through. So we now need another person to make 10.

2. William Posey Jr.
PAID 4. Goonz SVT
5. SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO BUY PLEASE INSERT YOUR NAME HERE AND PAY!
PAID 6. Bryan (Hdbngr8)
7. Chris (NVMYCAT)
PAID 9. Chuchurocket37
PAID 10.Tom (wa2tuff)

I had another person (Pale Horse) express interest in getting in on this GB, whether he actually does or not remains to be known. So if anyone else wants in on this please do so ASAP!!

Thanks.
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: PAYMENT - 09/27/05 03:27 AM
oooooooooooh I want one so bad.

My wallet says I shouldn't spend the $270 right now, and my logical side says Florida's stupid gutter system will eat this thing up.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: PAYMENT - 09/27/05 03:50 AM
Originally posted by RandyCSVT:
oooooooooooh I want one so bad.

My wallet says I shouldn't spend the $270 right now, and my logical side says Florida's stupid gutter system will eat this thing up.

peer pressure!
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: PAYMENT - 09/27/05 07:03 AM
The Front Bumper I Was Going To Buy Fell Through...So I Wont Be In On This Guys...Sorry But I Just Found This Out Today!!! Obviously My Priority Is The Front Bumper, So Unless Any One Is Selling One Of Those Too, I Have To Wait A Bit...Sorry Again For The Inconveniance...However I Was The Eleventh Interested Party!!
Posted By: muskamike Re: PAYMENT - 09/27/05 01:48 PM
I [censored] hate money. This is the one peice of the car I wish I had money for. God damn it. I hate you all for buying this. Wait till xmas for a group buy.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: PAYMENT - 09/27/05 09:19 PM
This is starting to be just what I was afraid it was gonna be. People say they want one of what ever the GB is about, but when it's time to pony up, just a bunch of blank stares. GetLucky151, why did you decide not to do this, it'd go perfect with your new rims. Come on guys, don't leave the ones of us who said we were in and then paid, high and dry.
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: PAYMENT - 09/27/05 10:05 PM
I'll be paying tomorrow morning as soon as my direct deposit paycheck hits my account.

I REALLY don't need this item until probably Spring or something but I'm not passing up this deal - plus each of my cars are guarenteed at least 1 Christmas present every year.
Posted By: machine Re: PAYMENT - 09/28/05 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Hdbngr8:

PAID William Posey Jr.
PAID 4. Goonz SVT
5. anybody?
PAID 6. Bryan (Hdbngr8)
7. Chris (NVMYCAT)
PAID 9. Chuchurocket37
PAID 10.Tom (wa2tuff)

just 2 more after chris
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: PAYMENT - 09/28/05 01:56 AM
If I wasn't working on the 3L I would be in...SOOO...everyone who isn't doing a 3L should buy one.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: PAYMENT - 09/28/05 02:36 AM
Originally posted by machine:

PAID William Posey Jr.
PAID 4. Goonz SVT
5. anybody?
PAID 6. Bryan (Hdbngr8)
7. Chris (NVMYCAT)
PAID 9. Chuchurocket37
PAID 10.Tom (wa2tuff)

just 2 more after chris

3 more people!! ahh
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: PAYMENT - 09/28/05 03:56 AM
Well... Justin said his payment was going to go through shortly and Chris is obviously paying tomorrow so really it just sounds like we need one person to fill in for getlucky151 and we are good to go.

There has to be someone out there wanting this splitter especially since they'll be saving $50 bucks on it.

Come on people nows your chance!
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: PAYMENT - 09/28/05 12:17 PM
updated - because I just paid

PAID1. Mike (SHOTIME2669)
PAID2. William Posey Jr.
PAID4. Goonz SVT
5. SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO BUY PLEASE INSERT YOUR NAME HERE AND PAY!
PAID6. Bryan (Hdbngr8)
PAID 7. Chris (NVMYCAT)
PAID 9. Chuchurocket37
PAID 10.Tom (wa2tuff)
Posted By: Pienstars Re: PAYMENT - 09/28/05 01:20 PM
PEER PRESSURE SUCKS, PAYMENT SENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 Vinny "Pienstars"

So when do we get these mugs????
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: PAYMENT - 09/28/05 02:13 PM
NICE! Thanks Vinny.

Updated

PAID 2. William Posey Jr.
PAID 4. Goonz SVT
PAID 5. Vinny (Pienstars)
PAID 6. Bryan (Hdbngr8)
PAID 7. Chris (NVMYCAT)
PAID 9. Chuchurocket37
PAID 10.Tom (wa2tuff)

Justin did your payment get sent??

Because then these splitters should start shipping out!
Posted By: Pienstars Re: PAYMENT - 09/28/05 02:54 PM
Originally posted by SHOTIME2669:
NICE! Thanks Vinny.

Updated

PAID 4. Goonz SVT
PAID 6. Bryan (Hdbngr8)
PAID 7. Chris (NVMYCAT)
PAID 9. Chuchurocket37
PAID 10.Tom (wa2tuff)

Justin did your payment get sent??

Because then these splitters should start shipping out!

No prob
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: PAYMENT - 09/28/05 03:06 PM
Mine is being sent today. Can't wait to get these!
Posted By: teamSVTour All orders are in - 09/28/05 04:48 PM
PAID 3. Justin M. (teamsvtour)
PAID 4. Goonz SVT
PAID 6. Bryan (Hdbngr8)
PAID 7. Chris (NVMYCAT)
PAID 9. Chuchurocket37
PAID 10.Tom (wa2tuff)

Just paid for mine
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: All orders are in - 09/28/05 06:16 PM
Nice guys we should see these in a week or so I would imagine. I'll send a confirmation email to Mirko and see what they say.
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: All orders are in - 09/28/05 08:27 PM
wow.. that went REALLY well.. Group Buys on Fast Cougar never go that smooth... ever - IMPRESSIVE!
Posted By: TjZ Re: All orders are in - 09/28/05 08:37 PM
wow.. that went REALLY well.. Group Buys on Fast Cougar never go that smooth... ever - IMPRESSIVE!

Welcome to CEG, also nice to see you guys got all your orders in. rock those mirko's well.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: All orders are in - 09/28/05 09:13 PM

Chris.....wanna have a molding meet?...i'll bring my SVT front and mirko too......
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: All orders are in - 09/28/05 10:21 PM
Originally posted by pole120:

Chris.....wanna have a molding meet?...i'll bring my SVT front and mirko too......

sure! I have a full tube of Fusor 100EZ the applicator gun and about 10 extra tips.. molding that thing shouldn't be very hard at all.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: All orders are in - 09/28/05 10:27 PM
i'll bring my duraglass....man i love that stuff.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: All orders are in - 09/29/05 12:19 AM
Wow! Great work guys!! Mold meet and everything, good to see CEG pulling together and gettin' er' done!
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: All orders are in - 09/29/05 02:18 AM
I'm glad things went so well to. It just helps to have everything organized and have everything up front for people to see, have simple instructions on what people are getting and how to pay easily with confidence. Again I'm glad I could help everyone out and get a deal.

How far are you guys from the Twin Cities in MN?? I'm up for a mold meeting. Keep me posted.
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: All orders are in - 09/29/05 02:33 AM
I believe I'm about 4 hours from Minneapolis so that should work as a reference.. (Madison, WI area)

I'm known for having huge mod meets in the Cougar World.. now that I got this CSVT it just allows me open the range up even further now! WHOOT!

Perhaps if Stryped BS decides to swap hoods with me we can plan some sorta mod meet at the same time
Posted By: MLuko Re: All orders are in - 09/29/05 02:37 AM
I believe I'm about 4 hours from Minneapolis so that should work as a reference.. (Madison, WI area)

I'm known for having huge mod meets in the Cougar World.. now that I got this CSVT it just allows me open the range up even further now! WHOOT!

Perhaps if Stryped BS decides to swap hoods with me we can plan some sorta mod meet at the same time

i didnt order a mirko. am i still invited?
Posted By: Pole120 Re: All orders are in - 09/29/05 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Tour4reak:

i didnt order a mirko. am i still invited?

NO!!!!
Posted By: Frosty Re: All orders are in - 09/29/05 03:24 AM
What about me??? I only have an SE with no SVT anything except rims and exhaust
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: All orders are in - 09/29/05 03:38 AM
saweet! cant wait to get mine, good job everyone!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: All orders are in - 09/29/05 03:46 AM
Originally posted by 99contourdriver:

NO!!!!

Posted By: Frosty Re: All orders are in - 09/29/05 03:47 AM

NO!!!!

You guys suck
Posted By: Pole120 Re: All orders are in - 09/29/05 03:48 AM

NO!!!!

You guys suck

thats what everyone who's jelious of us says......
Posted By: Frosty Re: All orders are in - 09/29/05 04:28 AM

NO!!!!

You guys suck

thats what everyone who's jealous of us says......

I'm not jealous of anyone who can't spell
Posted By: Pole120 Re: All orders are in - 09/29/05 04:29 AM

NO!!!!

You guys suck

i don't need to spell well to be faster than you......
Posted By: Frosty Re: All orders are in - 09/29/05 04:35 AM

NO!!!!

You guys suck

Bah, so what if you're faster than me? Oh dangit..no good comeback comes to mind....i just got pwn3d
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: All orders are in - 09/29/05 01:39 PM
Got this today:

Thanks for the order! We've rec'd all 10 orders and will ship next week, we'll let you know when.

Thanks, rosi mirko

Yea!!!!!
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: All orders are in - 09/29/05 02:25 PM
I sent an email to Mirko a few days ago and here is the reply:

"Hello Mike,

Yes all 10 have been paid for. We will ship them next week, we'll let you
know when they're ready! Thanks so much!

Rosi Mirko"

I think this may be pretty much the same email that wa2tuff got but whatever. Net week it looks like we can plan on seeing them.

Goonz is this going to get to you in time for your painter??

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: All orders are in - 09/29/05 03:06 PM
his going to get to you in time for your painter??

I got a conformation e-mail from them as well..My painter is leaving for his Hawaii home on Oct 8th..It'll take him a day or two to paint so Im hopefull it should get here on time
Posted By: MLuko Re: All orders are in - 09/29/05 04:45 PM

NO!!!!

You guys suck

Bah, so what if you're faster than me? Oh dangit..no good comeback comes to mind....i just got pwn3d

LOL kyle.. we can have our own little contour meet because i see we arnt wanted there
Posted By: Frosty Re: All orders are in - 09/30/05 04:27 PM

LOL kyle.. we can have our own little contour meet because i see we arnt wanted there

Sounds good to me...maybe we'll dust some ricers while we're at it, since we were rained out last time! LOL They can have their stupid Mirko splitter party
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: All orders are in - 09/30/05 08:18 PM
Mirko emailed me sayin that mine will be shipped out monday

Posted By: MLuko Re: All orders are in - 10/01/05 12:09 AM

Sounds good to me...maybe we'll dust some ricers while we're at it, since we were rained out last time! LOL They can have their stupid Mirko splitter party

yea.. Mirkos add weight but look good... yea you guys have to come up again sometime
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: All orders are in - 10/04/05 05:28 PM
Rosi e-mailed me, my mirko was shipped
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: All orders are in - 10/06/05 09:23 PM
Hi! We only had one in stock and shipped that one only, the rest will be finished on Saturday, 10/8 and we will ship them all Mon/Tues.

Thanks! rosi mirko
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: All orders are in - 10/06/05 09:43 PM
Hi! We only had one in stock and shipped that one only, the rest will be finished on Saturday, 10/8 and we will ship them all Mon/Tues.

Thanks! rosi mirko

lol..that one was shipped to meee
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: All orders are in - 10/07/05 12:18 PM

Thanks! rosi mirko

bastid! j/k. Get that thing painted and show us some pics!
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: All orders are in - 10/07/05 01:53 PM
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: All orders are in - 10/08/05 02:56 AM
Originally posted by teamSVTour:

Thanks! rosi mirko

bastid! j/k. Get that thing painted and show us some pics!

wtf! i didnt get it today!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: All orders are in - 10/11/05 02:29 AM
Don't feel bad I was the first to pay and I still haven't gotten mine.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: All orders are in - 10/11/05 03:26 AM
Don't feel bad I was the first to pay and I still haven't gotten mine.

no now my painter just left..I wont have mine painted for a while now and by the time I do, it'll be winter..

oh well

s*** happens but hey, atleast I have a mirko thanks to this GB
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: All orders are in - 10/11/05 05:23 PM
Anybody else get their's yet?
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: All orders are in - 10/11/05 05:24 PM
negative
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: All orders are in - 10/11/05 05:26 PM
Anybody else get their's yet?

hmm look what came in today..

Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: All orders are in - 10/11/05 05:55 PM
nice!! are they all going to be gelcoated white?
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: All orders are in - 10/11/05 06:11 PM
I want mine now!
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: All orders are in - 10/11/05 07:05 PM
goonz you suck j/k

you might have gotten it 1st but I bet you'll be the last to have it painted and installed

actually mine is going to take a little while to get painted as well, my painter is not local.

Wonder how a white gel coated Mirko would look on a SF SVT
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: All orders are in - 10/11/05 09:35 PM
let me know because my car is SF and I don't think I will install that thing til Spring.. or install now and then take off for Winter perhaps - I don't feel like plowing the streets around here.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: All orders are in - 10/12/05 01:56 AM
its really not silver..its white..lol and at the moment its getting painted by macco..its a lip, who cares how the paint will be on it
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: All orders are in - 10/12/05 09:47 PM
its really not silver..its white..lol and at the moment its getting painted by macco..its a lip, who cares how the paint will be on it

You will, in a few months, when it starts to flake, crack, or whatever else. Hopefully it'll be OK, but I wouldn't trust them.
Posted By: Harrry Re: All orders are in - 10/12/05 10:06 PM

You will, in a few months, when it starts to flake, crack, or whatever else. Hopefully it'll be OK, but I wouldn't trust them.

Agreed it will chip so much when rocks hit it. What i had done wehn i got mine painted was to put flex in it. I saw ademo of flex on pain. ex they took a ballon blew it up. Then spayred it with a black coat with flex in it. After it dried, they deflated teh ballon. After about 2min htey then inflated the ballon, Guess what?? No cracks. I was like no sh!t. I gotta have that. So i got mine painted with flex for 110.00. Great deal!!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: All orders are in - 10/13/05 03:28 AM
yea I pulled mine away from macco, luckily they didnt start on it, I gave it to my friends dad who painted my front bumper, he did an awesome job with my bumper and I'm sure he'll do the same with the mirko
Posted By: teamSVTour Any one else get their Mirko yet? - 10/13/05 03:54 PM
Any one else get their Mirko yet? Just curious, still waiting for mine.
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: Any one else get their Mirko yet? - 10/13/05 04:00 PM
No
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Any one else get their Mirko yet? - 10/13/05 08:53 PM
Any one else get their Mirko yet? Just curious, still waiting for mine.

they just finished it like this past weekend, shipping takes a bit..calm down ladies even though i was the one freaking out before
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Any one else get their Mirko yet? - 10/15/05 01:33 AM
No

Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Any one else get their Mirko yet? - 10/15/05 01:49 AM
No

OMG tom you got a mirko!

Top 5
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: Any one else get their Mirko yet? - 10/17/05 09:46 PM
Got mine today!
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: Any one else get their Mirko yet? - 10/17/05 11:02 PM
mine was chillin on my deck as well.. haven't opened the box though..
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Any one else get their Mirko yet? - 10/18/05 09:06 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoââ??¢:
No

OMG tom you got a mirko!

Top 5

Yes I did (TODAY!!!), and thanks Pete. Also a large thank you to SHOWTIME2669 for setting this whole GB up.

Now I have a couple questions. In the box with the splitter was:

1. Three Z (open Z shape, I just can't show it here) shaped brackets, each with a hole in one end.
I guess when I crawl under the front, I'll see where they go??

2. Three large sheet metal screws, 2 small bolts with lock nuts, and 3 larger bolts with lock nuts and large washers.

It was my thought that the top of the splitter would lay in the fog light openings and center grille opening, and be fastened on each side with nuts and bolts (with large washers). I had instead planned on using dzu fasteners for convenience. That way I could remove it if necessary, such as in the winter time. What the heck are all these other ones for?
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Any one else get their Mirko yet? - 10/18/05 09:46 PM
Just extra support Tom. You should be able to tell where they go, once you get under the car. I figured Mirko sent out instructions with their Splitters? But anyway, get it painted, get under the car, and get that baby installed! Your car is going to look awesome!

Mark
Posted By: CSVT#49 Installation Instructions - 10/19/05 03:10 AM
Yes, I got mine as well.

Installation instructions are taped to the box along with the invoice in the plastic bag.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Installation Instructions - 10/19/05 03:17 AM
Yes, I got mine as well.

Installation instructions are taped to the box along with the invoice in the plastic bag.

mines all painted and gettin put on tommorow

Pascals Mirko-Installation How-To

hope that helps..
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: Installation Instructions - 10/19/05 03:34 AM
That's a pretty slick way of installing it and it looks good to if you want a permanent install, but I would see a problem if you want to remove it for say winter like me.

I've heard of people using foam behind the splitter to prevent paint scratching and using some sort of push pins that are color coded to the body paint and blend in very nice. Does anyone have any details on that? I found a few results with searches, but nothing really specific.

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Installation Instructions - 10/19/05 03:43 AM

I've heard of people using foam behind the splitter to prevent paint scratching and using some sort of push pins that are color coded to the body paint and blend in very nice. Does anyone have any details on that? I found a few results with searches, but nothing really specific.

Im gonna be doing the same too..my front bumper is freshly painted and the last thing I want is for my mirko to damage my bumper..I will be using some foam here and there and attach it to the mirko so that the foam part could hit my puuurrrty bumper..I'll post pic on what i did however..
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: Installation Instructions - 10/19/05 03:48 AM
Anything on those push pins? Thats the thing I'm really interested in. I'm thinking along the lines of what most Nascar teams use on attaching the front spoilers to the cars. I think I'll do some more searching but there has to be something else out there besides adhesive and machine screws.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Installation Instructions - 10/19/05 03:56 AM
Anything on those push pins? Thats the thing I'm really interested in. I'm thinking along the lines of what most Nascar teams use on attaching the front spoilers to the cars. I think I'll do some more searching but there has to be something else out there besides adhesive and machine screws.

I'm gonna hafta do machine screws..i think its the only way so far and since i'll be taking it off before winter..unless theres somthing better that someone else has tried..
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: Installation Instructions - 10/19/05 04:34 AM
Yea I found something after some indepth searching check out the aesthetics section, heres the post.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Installation Instructions - 10/19/05 12:57 PM
Goonz,
You'll want to put foam in more places than just "here and there." You're going to want to put it almost everywhere. I used 3M, two sided tape(obviously knowing that it's permanent), and put it every couple of inches. That fiberglass backing on the Mirko will scratch the SVT fascia up pretty quick if you have many big gaps with no foam.

Mark
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Installation Instructions - 10/19/05 12:59 PM
Yea I found something after some indepth searching check out the aesthetics section, heres the post.

From the above post:

"2000 Cobra R has them on the stock splitter. Works very slick...but at high speed it doesn't work. Local SVTOA member found out at speed So he got them modified to work better."

I'm wondering what the "high speed" means?? Like most people (?), I don't do 55, etc, so am I gonna have problems with the occasional triple digit mph+++ bursts? I don't want to lose anything to flex but I also really don't want to lose the ability to go fast once in awhile. I don't race but face it, fun is fun and anyone who says they don't, just isn't telling the truth.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Installation Instructions - 10/19/05 03:39 PM
Did 140mph with mine and it stayed on fine. Remember that lip over the bumper will take most of the down force loads.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Any one else get their Mirko yet? - 10/19/05 05:51 PM
mines in...I will get the screws on the side powdercoated in the winter black so that they dont stick out that bad..this is just temp for like 2 more months..

This looks weird to me, the bottom parts is being forced down by those metal brackets..I think I might have to re-drill the holes a little deeper to remove the tension being provided by those metal brackets..

took me 3 hours..
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Installation Instructions - 10/19/05 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:
Did 140mph with mine and it stayed on fine. Remember that lip over the bumper will take most of the down force loads.

is yours molded on stazi?
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Installation Instructions - 10/19/05 07:07 PM

is yours molded on stazi?

IIRC, it isn't. I think it's just fastened with 1 fastener per side. I don't know about brackets underneath.

Looks real good, Goonz. Did you use the sheet metal screws in the splitter or the front underbody panel? I'm guessing in the splitter.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Installation Instructions - 10/20/05 02:45 AM

Looks real good, Goonz. Did you use the sheet metal screws in the splitter or the front underbody panel? I'm guessing in the splitter.

sheet metal screws? I used the 3 machine type screws that went into the subframe/splash guard..then the ones with the huge washers to go inderneath the splitters and then the regualr screws for the sides to fasten it..
Posted By: Pienstars Re: Installation Instructions - 10/20/05 02:59 AM
Looks great!! Dropped mine off today for paint.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Installation Instructions - 10/20/05 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Pienstars:
Looks great!! Dropped mine off today for paint.

i only paid $60 for mine..it was sanded and the wholse shabang!

it looked sexy when I picked it up
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: Installation Instructions - 10/20/05 05:06 PM
still waiting for mine to show up. Has anyone else not gotten their Mirko yet?
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Installation Instructions - 10/20/05 05:25 PM
still waiting for mine to show up. Has anyone else not gotten their Mirko yet?

i live in MA so it took mine like 1.5 week
Posted By: Stazi Re: Installation Instructions - 10/21/05 02:56 PM
Haroon,
I would seriously relocate those lower brackets as the stress the Mirko is under will slowly cause the paint to start crazing which will suck!
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: Installation Instructions - 10/21/05 07:23 PM
Haroon,
I would seriously relocate those lower brackets as the stress the Mirko is under will slowly cause the paint to start crazing which will suck!

Staz, can you explain what you mean a little better? How should we have these brackets installed for a proper install? I'm still waiting for mine to get here but when I do I want to have a proper install.

thanks
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Installation Instructions - 10/21/05 11:05 PM
Haroon,

Staz, can you explain what you mean a little better? How should we have these brackets installed for a proper install? I'm still waiting for mine to get here but when I do I want to have a proper install.

thanks

I know what he means..the three metal brackets that came with the spliiter arent alligned properly onto my mirko causing some tension spots. I will rectify this problem as soon as I can..I planned on it sooner or later..thanks for the heads up stazi

I wish they came like pre-drilled, make life easier..
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Installation Instructions - 10/21/05 11:10 PM
got my first chip today..pissed but ah well, better then what i expected it would be..im getting a lot of looks now
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: Installation Instructions - 10/27/05 07:56 PM
does anyone elses Mirko need ALOT of body work done before sending off to paint? Mine has some tiny holes in the gel coat as well as needing ALOT of sanding, even the edges (where it touches the wheel well) needs trimmed b/c the fiberglass is not cut straight and extends past the gel coat.

Just wondering if this is normal.

thanks
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: Installation Instructions - 10/28/05 04:01 AM
Mine was like that too.
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: Installation Instructions - 10/28/05 11:04 AM
I still haven't opened my box yet... I figured I'd do it in the Spring when I install it.
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: Installation Instructions - 10/28/05 01:54 PM
Yes, mine does as well. I also noticed that the lip that overhangs the lower part of the facia (bottom of the grill area) doesn't match all that great either - I have about a 3/8" gap on one side, and a 1/8" gap on the other side.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Installation Instructions - 10/29/05 04:45 AM
does anyone elses Mirko need ALOT of body work done before sending off to paint? Mine has some tiny holes in the gel coat as well as needing ALOT of sanding, even the edges (where it touches the wheel well) needs trimmed b/c the fiberglass is not cut straight and extends past the gel coat.

Just wondering if this is normal.

thanks

mine was really really bad from the edges, i figured I give it a little sanding once i take it off for the winter..which is really really soon
© CEG Archives