Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Harrry UDP group buy - 08/28/05 07:16 PM
I sent out inquiries for a pulley group buy and found a company that is willing to do one for use. They published a web page for us to expedite the group buy. The nice thing is they will not require 10 pulleys, they are offering the price for 30 days and will start shipping very soon after orders start coming in. They will honor 1 pulley or 100. I found them on a Ranger Forum and they have been very prompt to respond back to me. The contact information is on the website if you have any questions. You can view the group buy at:

http://underdog-performance.com/id55.html

The UD pulley in this group buy wieghs 2.0 lbs.

I am also trying to get this company to start producing our power steering and alternator pulleys. Currently they are backed up with other pulley developments. So ours is waiting in line for reviewing. Fingers are crossed!!

Free shipping $99.00 Out the door.

Posted By: tropictour Re: UDP group buy - 08/28/05 10:12 PM
Will these cause crank whip or anything like that?
-tropictour
Posted By: TjZ Re: UDP group buy *DELETED* - 08/28/05 10:42 PM
nice deal might have to get one.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: UDP group buy - 08/28/05 11:00 PM
Crank whip has nothing to do with the serpentine belt.

Posted By: posthuman63t Re: UDP group buy - 08/29/05 01:52 AM
Pro's and Con's would help this GB. As well as previous listed prices/availabity.
AWSOME ,,I have one on my car and I love it . I took it off to try out the DMD then took the DMD off 10 minutes later and gave it to the dog to chew on ..

UDP = AWSOME
Posted By: ToTalXS Re: UDP group buy - 08/29/05 02:19 AM
do you know what belt would be required for this?.....
thanks...im very interested in an udp as i loved the one i had on my focus...

-Shawn
Posted By: Harrry Re: UDP group buy - 08/29/05 04:19 AM
well as far as i know these are identical to ASP pulley. He is just getting them made for us at a cheaper cost.

Hopefully he will get the alt and pst pulleys!!

umm the belt i don't really know. Hmm i will ask the gurus here for ther opinoin on what belt would be needed.

spmotorsports sell these for 119.95 and 5 dollars shipping.

so we save 26 dollars. great deal look here.

http://www.spmotorsports.com/ATCcontour_engine_udps.html
Posted By: tropictour Re: UDP group buy - 08/29/05 05:06 AM
So are these ready to be shipped? Thats a pretty good deal for $99 shipped. Also does anyone have any charging problems after the install?
-tropictour
Originally posted by tropictour:
So are these ready to be shipped? Thats a pretty good deal for $99 shipped. Also does anyone have any charging problems after the install?
-tropictour

you know what , that just popped into my mind ......I hate my charging system but i never took notice to that with the pully , My car doesnt charge on idle at all , thats with a brand new 170 amp ALT , I have to hit 1000RPM or close to it in order to see the needle move on the volt meter ...

Im glad you asked this , now I think I know what my problem was all along.
Posted By: Harrry Re: UDP group buy - 08/29/05 04:07 PM
Originally posted by PÃ?â?¢WDÃ?â?°Ã?®CÃ?Ë?Ã?Æ?TMÃ?â?¬Ã?Æ?:
Originally posted by tropictour:
-tropictour

you know what , that just popped into my mind ......I hate my charging system but i never took notice to that with the pully , My car doesnt charge on idle at all , thats with a brand new 170 amp ALT , I have to hit 1000RPM or close to it in order to see the needle move on the volt meter ...

Im glad you asked this , now I think I know what my problem was all along.

Yes on the ASP website it states it needs 1050 rpms to be at charging lvl's, here is what the site says!!

96-99 2.5l 21% Reduction 1050RPM full charge $119.95
95-99 2.0L 15% Reduction 800 RPM full charge $119.95

http://www.aspracing.com/frame.htm
Posted By: tropictour Re: UDP group buy - 08/29/05 09:07 PM
Or you could just get a HO alternator. Thats what solved my problem on my mustang with UDP's.
-tropictour
that really sucks !!its sucks sitting at a stop light and having the lights dim , Is there a way to get past this ? can we change the pully on the alternator ? maybe I need to move this post ..
Posted By: Harrry Re: UDP group buy - 08/29/05 09:43 PM
How would u fix this pulley problem? Changing the alternator pulley? If u made it smaller it would burn your alternator out real early!! It would over work it on high rpms!! Great at low rpms but at high revs man your alternator would be over working!!

The lighten alternator pulley was a little larger i beleive than stock!!
I will have to look into that then I guess , I want to charge at idle speed.
Posted By: Harrry Re: UDP group buy - 08/30/05 03:23 AM
If u need to fix this u can have a chip programed to have your car idle at 1,000 rpms.
\
OR a redneck way is adjust the idle screw to make your car idle higher. I have heard people on these baords say it will reduce the idle automatically. Now will it i don't know i never tried. Give it a try to see what happens??
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: UDP group buy - 08/30/05 04:06 AM
There is no idle screw. It is completely programmed into the computer.
Posted By: Harrry Re: UDP group buy - 08/30/05 04:32 AM
Sorry let me correct myself. The throttle body screw. If you adjust it, it will in return adjust your idle!!
I have heard it done on here before!! Now will it stay at teh adjusted idle, i don't know never have done it. I have heard the computer relearns itself causing it to idle back to its orginal setting.
Ill have to check this out , hope I didnt mess up the thread
© CEG Archives