Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
There's been alot of SPEC Clutch questions going around and being asked so I figured it was a good time to update the prices and also give an answer or two.

To start off, the slave cylinder that comes with the SPEC kits is Ford OEM. I just now got off the phone one of the big guys at SPEC and he has once again informed me that the slave cylinder are from Ford. He said, "They come from Ford in Ford boxes."

Another thing...I've been selling you guys clutches and differentials and everything else for over 2 years now. If there is somthing I sell that you've found on another site for cheaper, then let me know and I'll be more than happy to meet their price. As long as I'm not loosing money on the deal, then I'll gladly meet any other stores price...

Now with that out of the way:

2.5L Duratec

Flywheel *by itself* = $375

Stage 1 = $272
Stage 2 = $337
Stage 3 = $355
Stage 4 = $360
Stage 5 = $400

2.0L Zetec

Flywheel *by itself* = $405

Stage 1 = $279
Stage 2 = $310
Stage 3 = $325
Stage 4 = $325
Stage 5 = $370

PM me if you guys have any questions or wanna make an order...
Are these prices before shipping? Also do you carry Torsen diffs? Thanks.
-tropictour
No those are before shipping...however, it rarely exceeds $20 and that gets the kit to your door in less than a week 99% of the time.

As for the Torsen, I stopped doing business with that supplier and now only offer Quaife.

If anyone is interested in a Quaife, I'm offereing them for $606 as of today.

Thanks
RamMotorsports
What are the torque and/or hp ratings of the zetec clutches (stage 3 and 4) SPEC doesn't list them that I could find. And is there there a lightening option for the clutches? I seem to remember seeing that on one website or other. Is there a price break for a clutch/flywheel combo hence the "*by itself*"? Sorry for so many Q's, just interested as I am not particularly happy with my fidanza/grizzly setup at the moment.
Originally posted by ohsigmachi:
What are the torque and/or hp ratings of the zetec clutches (stage 3 and 4) SPEC doesn't list them that I could find. And is there there a lightening option for the clutches? I seem to remember seeing that on one website or other. Is there a price break for a clutch/flywheel combo hence the "*by itself*"? Sorry for so many Q's, just interested as I am not particularly happy with my fidanza/grizzly setup at the moment.

I don't currently have the ratings for the Zetecs...sorry I can call SPEC tomorrow and see what they have to say about it. I wouldn't imagine anyone surpassing the Stage 2 anyways...after the stage 2, its mostly a "feel" thing.

As far as the lightweight option, it is an additional $79 for each kit.

Prices are as is. There are no additional discounts for paired items. Sorry, but the prices are already crazy low. Of course if you are buying a bunch of stuff, I can most certainly work out somthing for the CEG people.
I heard that rather than going with a stage 3, you can use a stage 1 with an upgraded pressure plate. Is this BS or is it true and do you sell it?
Originally posted by muntus:
I heard that rather than going with a stage 3, you can use a stage 1 with an upgraded pressure plate. Is this BS or is it true and do you sell it?

Probly, Im not sure though, it sounds legit. I wouldn't go with a stage 3 anyways, unless I were running a 3L forced induction...no need for it.

Stage 1 it is!

This is very true, and actually, stilov did it just a couple months ago. However it is still cheaper to purchase the kits as they are. It would end up costing you more to upgrade to the Stage 3 disc, then simply purchasing the the Stage 3 kits.
Can you get the Spec friction insert for the SPEC flywheels? And if so, will it bolt into my fidanza flywheel when I need to install my SPEC stage 1?
Are the stage 3 clutches the six puck version or the four puck version? Iirc, the six puck version is not as harsh.
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
Can you get the Spec friction insert for the SPEC flywheels? And if so, will it bolt into my fidanza flywheel when I need to install my SPEC stage 1?

I just spoke with SPEC and he has informed that it will bolt into a fidanza flywhell. However, this is not a claim I am making so this must be done on your own. The price is $79.95 for that insert.

Are the stage 3 clutches the six puck version or the four puck version? Iirc, the six puck version is not as harsh.

Its the 6 puck version for the Stage 3.
Spec inserts will not work on early model Fidanzas with 24 holes(I think 24, later ones have 18 I beleive), but they can make one for you at no extra charge.
Originally posted by livinsvt:
Spec inserts will not work on early model Fidanzas with 24 holes(I think 24, later ones have 18 I beleive), but they can make one for you at no extra charge.

Thanks for clearing that up...
Just thoguth I would interject... I had stage 2 and now that I am doing a 3L turbo instead of the 2.5 turbo...I bought a stage 3 disc. The pressure plates are the same from stage 1-3. I got that info from several sources...even spec directly (although I only asked about the 2.5).
FYI
Quote:

I wouldn't imagine anyone surpassing the Stage 2 anyways

My Garrett GT3071R says otherwise.

and it's torque you need to worry about as far as ratings go.
Quote:

I wouldn't imagine anyone surpassing the Stage 2 anyways

My Garrett GT3071R says otherwise.

You must be pulling a helluva lot of torque out of that little Zetec.
Count me in on this Group Buy

Thanks
Originally posted by PÃ?â?¢WDÃ?â?°Ã?®CÃ?Ë?Ã?Æ?TMÃ?â?¬Ã?Æ?:

Thanks

This isn't a Group Buy, but simply a price update...

These prices will be correct untill the next update

Thanks
RamMotorsports
These are SPEC flywheels to or OEM flywheels?
Originally posted by silverfrost99:
These are SPEC flywheels to or OEM flywheels?

These are SPEC Performance Flywheels...
Originally posted by SVTCuervo:
Originally posted by PÃ?â?¢WDÃ?â?°Ã?®CÃ?Ë?Ã?Æ?TMÃ?â?¬Ã?Æ?:

Thanks

This isn't a Group Buy, but simply a price update...

These prices will be correct untill the next update

Thanks
RamMotorsports

Thanks for the info , I will get right back to you with a payment .
please check your pm. i have sent you the money orders and need to know when i can expect the products. i reallly need the quaife asap as i may be sending my trans to terry haines.

you were really quick to respond to my pms when i was a potential buyer but you have not responded to my pms since i have sent payment. you said you could send me the stuff within a few days. i sent the payment via money order six days ago and we were really hoping to get the parts and install them this saturday. i realize that it may have taken a few days for the payment to reach you so i am simply asking for a status update. thanks
I sent a pm about a week ago and no response either.

Should have got your quiafe from Terry anyway. If he installs it, he sells it for cost
Should have got your quiafe from Terry anyway. If he installs it, he sells it for cost

x2
terry emailed me this morning that he would have sold me the quaife for $598, i paid svt cuervo $606 plus shipping. at the time, i wasnt planning on having the trans rebuilt. still dont know for sure as this whole 3L project is skyrocketing in budget.
Originally posted by svt4stv:
please check your pm. i have sent you the money orders and need to know when i can expect the products. i reallly need the quaife asap as i may be sending my trans to terry haines.

you were really quick to respond to my pms when i was a potential buyer but you have not responded to my pms since i have sent payment. you said you could send me the stuff within a few days. i sent the payment via money order six days ago and we were really hoping to get the parts and install them this saturday. i realize that it may have taken a few days for the payment to reach you so i am simply asking for a status update. thanks

Check your PM as I have explained everything there. The orders are processed and on the way...

I sent a pm about a week ago and no response either.

I did recieve your PM and I'm terribly sorry I didn't contact you sooner. The item you requested is not on my wholesale list and I will need to speak directly to SPEC tomorrow about the new product. Again, I apologize for the tardiness in response. I moved to Houston this last week and have been horribly busy. Not an excuse, just the truth.

And about my Quaife price...Its simply the best out there for those not having their tranny rebuilt by Terry.

Let me know if I can help anyone else out with anything.

Thanks
RamMotorsports
Any word on zetec clutch ratings? WOT above 3.5K is useless right now.
Any word on zetec clutch ratings? WOT above 3.5K is useless right now.

I've just gotten off the phone with SPEC and they say the torque capasity for the Zetecs are:

Stage 1 = 259 lb
Stage 2 = 279 lb
Stage 3 = 339 lb

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks
RamMotorsports
what are the advantages to buying the spec flywheel versus using the stock svt flywheel?
Originally posted by really BIG fuzzy:
what are the advantages to buying the spec flywheel versus using the stock svt flywheel?

A great deal of weight...

The SVT flywheel, if I'm not mistaiken, is somthing like 18 or 19lbs, while the SPEC is approximately 9lbs. Don't quote those numbers but I believe them to be very near to the actual weights. I know there are people on the boards that have the exacts...

Thanks
RamMotorsports
© CEG Archives