Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 99 red SVT Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 07/24/05 09:43 PM
Redline Goods have begun making post '98 Contour leather shift and e-brake boots. Cost is $40 for either the shift or e-brake boot and $60 for both. CEG members get a 10% discount upon request. You can get many different leather and stitching options at no additional cost, so be sure to check out the site.

This is NOT a limited time product, but will be available ANYTIME through their website. They will be posting pictures of the completed products with installation instructions on their site very soon, but are able to take orders now.

Special thanks to LUCA for helping me throughout this process by getting the old boots to be used as templates for the company and with the installation pictures (I'm still feeling like a movie director )

Doing a post like this is very new for me and I'm sure there will be lots of questions. I will do my best to answer them.

Because I'm having trouble posting more than one link, will do another post following this one with a link to the installation pictures.

Here's the link to the installation pictures: shift and e-brake boot intallation pictures

Some additional notes on the installation:

1. Use a 3/32" drill bit when drilling out the plastic welds on the e-brake boot frame.
2. Allow approximately 30 minutes for the epoxy putty to cure and test that it has bonded securely. I'm sure you can use other methods to reinstall the e-brake boot frame to the center console, but that's what we used.
3. On the shift boot, there is an elastic band incorporated around the opening, so the zip-tie is no longer needed. There is also one on the e-brake boot, which makes for a snug fit, but it works nicely.

On my shift boot, I elected to have black leather with red stitching. Because of their sewing machine, one edge gets stitched shorter than the others (they assured me this was NORMAL). Redline will revise the boot so that this will occur on the edge furthest away from the driver.
Posted By: m!key Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 07/24/05 10:28 PM
both links are no good.
Originally posted by mikey boy:
both links are no good.

I'm trying to fix it, but I don't know why it isn't working. Any help?
both links have a double set of "http://". just had to remove the additional "http://".

Redline Goods

shift and e-brake boot intallation pictures
Thanks.
I'm in.

The shift and e-brake boots look great. I think Redline Goods did a great job! Their turn-around time was very fast also.

Finally, after a hard time picking a color, I have picked black with dark blue stitching. I'll also be ordering the shift and e-brake boots for my daughter's new 'tour.

Paul, thank you for taking the time to contact Redline Goods, they made a quality product!
Thanks. I'm sure you'll be happy with your choice.
Yours came out great so I know I will be happy.
Take note that if you have a pre 98, or those of you with a pre 98 console installed, you can order these as well. Redline Goods already makes these for the pre 98's. Paul sent them the post 98 shift/e-brake boots so that we post 98'rs could also get these products.

pre 98
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 07/25/05 01:54 PM
Food for thought: You may even try and offer a shortened shift boot for the people with short throw shifters. I know it's not 100% necessary, as you can just tuck the extra leather down into the console, but it does get pretty bunched up if you have a lot that needs tucked down in. Can also save on supplies.

Mark
That's true. However, I'm using it with a B & M shifter and it doesn't look too bad. I'll question Redline to see if they would shorten the boot by an inch or so if requested by the customer.
im in for both on the post 98
You can contact the company directly at to order and using the link at the bottom of the page to send Maciek (company president) an email with your order.
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Food for thought: You may even try and offer a shortened shift boot for the people with short throw shifters. I know it's not 100% necessary, as you can just tuck the extra leather down into the console, but it does get pretty bunched up if you have a lot that needs tucked down in. Can also save on supplies.

Mark

............mark, i bought one for the pre98,you have to use the stock plastic frame and restaple the boot to it,so if you have a short throw shifter you can just staple the frame up farther ..btw the quality is great...but the boot for the pre98 ebrake wasnt even close to working...
Originally posted by 99 red SVT:
CEG members get a 10% discount upon request.

does this apply to the pre98 boots also?
Originally posted by brapple:

.....i have a black one for sale if you want it...
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 07/25/05 04:32 PM
Originally posted by tour96se:
............mark, i bought one for the pre98,you have to use the stock plastic frame and restaple the boot to it,so if you have a short throw shifter you can just staple the frame up farther ..btw the quality is great...but the boot for the pre98 ebrake wasnt even close to working...

I was only pointing this out, as the leather tends to need some overlap to have a nice fit. Not to say it can't be done, but when the boot is shorter, it's quite a bit easier. And again, it'll save on supplies in the long run.

Mark
...but the boot for the pre98 ebrake wasnt even close to working...

I can assure everyone that the post98 e-brake boot fits great, but the installation is a little more involved.

Maciek informed me that people can order the post98 boots from the site and that they have it listed now as one of their products - do the vehicle search. The pictures posted on the Redline Goods site showing the post98 shift boot are ones that I just took from my car this weekend.

This GB was originally set up for only the post98 shift and e-brake boots, so I'm not sure if the CEG 10% discount applies to all of their products. I will find out.

Mark

Redline will make the boot shorter upon request, you only have to state how much shorter you would like it to be.
Update:

Redline has elected to offer free shipping for all orders above $50 versus the 10% discount. This applies to all of their products listed on their website.
Update:

Redline has elected to offer free shipping for all orders above $50 versus the 10% discount. This applies to all of their products listed on their website.

cool, someone wanna buy me this?
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
Update:

sure i'll buy it for you....just send me your bank acct. #,and routing # so i can deposit some money for you...
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:
Update:

sure i'll buy it for you....just send me your bank acct. #,and routing # so i can deposit some money for you...

You can do the same for me too.
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:
Update:

You can do the same for me too.

bastards!
well I sat down and ordered a black set with the light grey stitching to go with my interior last night. just received a email that it shipped and it should be here in 6 to 10 days priority mail from Poland
You won't be disappointed Brian!
I'll be ording mine tonight/tomorrow.
Glad to hear that this is going smoothly.

LUCA - be sure to check out our pictures of the installation link
Looks good Paul!
Glad to hear that this is going smoothly.

LUCA - be sure to check out our pictures of the installation link

where did you find the epoxy putty? my parking brake bezel is already broken and I have tried melting it back on, but it pops free after after awhile and in the heat the other day it popped completely off so I need another way of mounting it as I don't want to take the console out again
Any hardware store, e.g. Lowe's or Home Depot. It will come in a tube labeled "epoxy putty." It's basically a clay stick made with an inner and outer section. Cut off a piece and shape it with your hand - I like to make snakes until it becomes a uniform color. Once it's the same color throughout, i.e. light gray, you can use it for your application.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 07/27/05 03:18 AM
Which one of these is the closest to our tan interior? I'm thinking maybe the one named "sierra". Their "tan" seems too brownish looking. Here's another look at it.
I think you're right, "sierra" seems to be the closest one.
I agree - I almost went with "sierra" myself.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 07/28/05 12:44 AM
I agree - I almost went with "sierra" myself.

Almost??????? Did you do a different color?
Now Tom, I don't want to let all my secrets out, but since it's you...I went with black leather and red stitching link
Posted By: Matty K Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 07/28/05 05:54 AM
Does anyone know if the eBrake boot works with the Transfer Racing brake handle? My stock boot was too short, so I'm looking for a replacement that fits.
The e-brake boot was made to replace the stock one. If you need one that is longer, email Redline and request that one be made to your desired length. They have no problems making small alterations to existing products.
Posted By: Matty K Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 07/28/05 07:16 PM
Awesome, I'll do just that!
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 07/28/05 10:57 PM
Now Tom, I don't want to let all my secrets out, but since it's you...I went with black leather and red stitching link

I'm really at a loss as to which way to go. Black with black stitching, black with sierra stitching, sierra with sierra stitching, or sierra with black stitching. Little bit of help here, please. I'm kinda leaning toward sierra with black stitching....... Everyone has plain black, so the sierra boots would be different and the black stitching should contrast nicely without being ricey. I really don't want green since nothing inside the car is green. Your black boots with the red stitching looks classy. I'm just not sure the green would look nearly as good.
I decided to go black because of the black frame around the shift boot. I was concerned that it would contrast with a lighter colored boot.

I tried to convince Christine to go with black and dark gray...maybe you could do that with green stitching? Your e-brake boot could then be dark gray with green stitching.

The dark gray would match your color scheme outside your car with your rims, along with the green stitching...?
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 07/29/05 12:15 AM
I'm gonna go with a black boot and either tan or green stitching. Input anyone???? It appears that both cars have a tan interior.

Posted By: Matty K Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 07/29/05 07:50 AM
Ordered... what wonderful people! I can't wait for them to arrive... they even custom-lengthened my e-brake boot (my stock boot doesn't reach my Transfer racing handle).

Black with silver stitching (Midnight blue interior with black and silver accents).
I didn't order yet because I'm still deciding...black with the dark grey (as Paul suggested) or black with blue. This weekend one of those choices will be ordered.

Stephanie's will be ordered also. She needs something new to personalize her new 'tour. Going with black with charcoal stitching for hers.

Tom...I like the black with the sierra stitching. I think that would be a nice contrast to your interior. IMHO, the sierra boot might contrast to much with your interior color.
I do like the green stitching also though.

Decisions, decisions...

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm not much help.
Done. Black with medium gray stiching!
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 07/30/05 08:13 PM
Originally posted by LUCA:
I didn't order yet because I'm still deciding...black with the dark grey (as Paul suggested) or black with blue. This weekend one of those choices will be ordered.

Stephanie's will be ordered also. She needs something new to personalize her new 'tour. Going with black with charcoal stitching for hers.

Tom...I like the black with the sierra stitching. I think that would be a nice contrast to your interior. IMHO, the sierra boot might contrast to much with your interior color.
I do like the green stitching also though.

Decisions, decisions...

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm not much help.

Yes.....I was thinking, "boy, she's alot of help". But the more I close my eyes and visualize them in my mind, and because I already have the embroidered SVT in green with tan edges, I think I'm going with the black and green stitches. In your car, Chris, what would match/contrast with blue? If I remember, the only blue on your car is on the calipers. If so, I'd probably do black with the dark grey.

I do like the black with green. I think that's a good choice Tom.
Yep, I have the blue calipers, also blue on the inlet pipe, blue interior and plan on blue sp. wires that's why I was leaning toward the blue stitching.
This is harder than I thought.

You won't be disappointed Matt. These are really nice.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 07/31/05 03:42 AM
I was thinking you had a black interior. Do the dark blue stitching. It's no contest.

I do like the black with green. I think that's a good choice Tom.
Yep, I have the blue calipers, also blue on the inlet pipe, blue interior and plan on blue sp. wires that's why I was leaning toward the blue stitching.
This is harder than I thought.

You won't be disappointed Matt. These are really nice.

Go with your gut, Chris.
Hi everyone,

thank you Paul for being the movie director and getting us the templates first, followed by the install instructions and pictures! Great job!

Everyone, here are some pictures of his setup:

This is Maciek from RedlineGoods here and I'm here to help - answer all your questions and take care of any doubts you may have!

OUR CURRENT SPECIAL is FREE SHIPPING on orders above $50 (so if you order both boots, you'll have free shipping).

Thank you!
Maciek
the quality is great...but the boot for the pre98 ebrake wasnt even close to working...

Hi,

Could you send me some pictures showing your current ebrake area? I'd like to compare them to the ones on our site, we may have had the templates from a Mondeo (which is what Contour's are called in some parts of Europe as you probably know) and they could simply be different than yours... We'd like to fix it for you!

Maciek

I was only pointing this out, as the leather tends to need some overlap to have a nice fit. Not to say it can't be done, but when the boot is shorter, it's quite a bit easier. And again, it'll save on supplies in the long run.

OK, two important things.

1) You cannot shorten the boot by cutting off the top or stapling the frame deeper into the bottom of it. If you take a minute to think before you grab your stapler/scissors, it will be obvious why. It's a coned shape, after all.

2) We do make short shifter versions of all our boots. Just let us know how much shorter do you need it and consider it done. We don't charge extra for it either.

Maciek
ill have to find my stock shifter and compare it with the steeda to see the difference. GREAT looking boots!
received mine today and I am very pleased with how they look and feel. can't wait to get them installed
Finally...I went black with dark blue stitching.

Maciek, I was at Paul's house for the install of his e-brake/shift boot so I had the pleasure of seeing your product in person (before this offer was posted). Quality product, great workmanship!
Thank you for taking the time to make these for us.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 08/03/05 01:59 AM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
ill have to find my stock shifter and compare it with the steeda to see the difference. GREAT looking boots!

The boot looks super!! Chris, I'd like to know how much shorter the shifter is so I can tell them how much to shorten the boot. Like I said, it looks great but I'd like it to be just a little less bunched up at the bottom. As long as we're getting something custom made, it's nice to know that Redline is willing to go the extra mile.

I believe you have the same B&M shifter as I have...I would measure how much shorter the B&M shifter is compared to stock (if you still have the old one) and then order the boot accordingly. I can't imagine the boot being more than 1 to 2 inches shorter, however.
Tom I got the Krafty boots with tan stiching. These boots look like better quality to me. They appear to have double stiching instead of the single mine have.
for the pre 98 boots the shift boot lined up perfectly, all the precut holes were fine.

the ebrake boot on the other had was off some I think, I haven't looked at it since monday but I think it seemed like the bottom oppening (console end) wasn't large enought, but I couldn't tell well either because I have a broken bezel for the ebrake boot, it might be alright.

will post after checking it out tonight
I double checked the e-brake boot and it matches fine for the pre98. the only little thing I think I noticed is one of the pre cut mounting tab holes is a bit off, when I get my console out I will check against that since the plastic bezel I have for it is broken something bad

here are some pics of the shift boot, I used new staples and put them back into the existing holes, and used some Meguires leather cleaner, will post pics once in the car

Looks great - I contemplated the black leather with lighter stitching myself. I'm quite happy Redline has come through for us on these boots.

Posted By: Rishodi Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 08/05/05 01:35 AM
Holy crap, I'm in. Both my shift and e-brake boots are pretty worn. I just need to decide on the stitching color...

Yeah, that's the hard part...deciding on the stitching color.
Mine were shipped today.
I got mine. Looks great, and smells great too! Real leather smells so good compared to vinyal. I am going to install it tonight. Thank you redline for a great quality product!
Told ya that you'd be happy with the quality.
Make sure to post some pictures, we wanna see.
I need a E brake boot myself .....
Posted By: Rishodi Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 08/08/05 05:39 AM
Okay, so are there any other opinions on which stitching color would look best with the midnight blue leather CSVT interior? I definitely want black leather, but should the stitching be black, or dark blue, or white, or what? lol
What about silver or lt. grey stitching?
That was fast! I got my shift and e-brake boots today. They're very nice!
Can't wait to get them installed.
Pictures?
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 08/09/05 08:50 PM
Finally got my butt in gear and ordered the set. Ordered black boots with the dark green stitching. Now I'm all excited. They're gonna look so . I asked them to make the shift boot 1 inch shorter so it doesn't bunch up as much.
Pictures?

Here they are:
Shift and e-brake boots

Tom...I don't think you'll be disappointed in your choice. I think the black with green will look sharp.

EDIT: I added two installed shift boot pictures a few minutes ago.
Nice. Let me know how the e-brake boot install goes..
Nice. Let me know how the e-brake boot install goes..

Will do. We'll probably be doing that tonight.
All done. It looks great.
I'll post some pictures tonight/tomorrow.
well I tried fitting my e-brake boot tonight and its to small

I do not want to take away from the product because it is very high quality but the boot seems to small. even with a broken frame for the boot I can see it doesn't quite line up. also the openning for the e-brake handle is to small also

I guess I will email the company and see what they can do.

edit: looking at it again, it fits inside the old boot and has the same shape but it just seems small when trying to put in in the console
Hmmm... definetly call the company Brian. I know they will make things right for you.
I'm sorry that you are having trouble.

Here are the installed pictures: Shift and e-brake boots

They look awesome! Was the install easier the second time?

I do not want to take away from the product because it is very high quality but the boot seems to small. even with a broken frame for the boot I can see it doesn't quite line up. also the openning for the e-brake handle is to small also

edit: looking at it again, it fits inside the old boot and has the same shape but it just seems small when trying to put in in the console

Definitely email Maciek...I'm sure he will make things right. You might want to consider sending him pictures indicating exactly where the problems are, however.
They look awesome! Was the install easier the second time?

Thanks.
Yep, the second install was easier.

Definitely email Maciek...I'm sure he will make things right. You might want to consider sending him pictures indicating exactly where the problems are, however.

I did, he offered to make it right if I could send the stock boot I have to have them match it up.

like I said the boot looks absolutely correct but seems to be smaller then the stock boot. he suggested that mine is different from the one they copied so I will send mine to him

had a fast reply also, so good customer service so far
Turn around should be fairly quick, also. It took approximately two weeks from the time I sent him my boots until the time I got the new ones back. You'll be fine, throughout this entire process Maciek has always responded promptly to my emails.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 08/12/05 04:49 PM
I ordered the pre98 boots a while ago and they sent me an offer to be in their affiliate program. Click on the link in my sig and you can get 5% off of any boot on the site.
They just did the same thing for me.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 08/13/05 09:42 PM
I just purchased a set of boots for my pre-98 console. This made my life a lot easier, thanks for pointing this out!
Tom and Rishodi did you get your boots yet?
Rishodi, what color did you end up choosing?
Brian (brapple), did you get yours back yet?

I got a email alst night that my order had shipped, but I also got the same email a few weeks back after I had received my order
I got an email like that also. I had my order for a few days when the "your order has shipped" email arrived.
Hopfully you will have the boot back any day. Keep us posted.
Keep us posted.

Let me know if there are problems and I can attempt to contact Maciek.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 08/28/05 06:58 PM

I got both of them. The shift boot is perfect! I asked them to make it about an inch shorter so it wouldn't bunch up...it looks great. The ebrake is another matter. The opening for the ebrake handle is way too small. It also appears to be about a 1/2 inch shorter in the back. I managed to email Maciek a couple pictures and they're making another boot for me. Hopefully it will fit. It should since he can see the problem. He's very helpful and eager to please. BTW, thanks for the install pix Christine. Using the needle nose pliers made it a piece of cake the remove the console.
I'm sure that Redline will make everything right. Good idea on taking the pictures to show him.

Glad the pictures were helpful.
A big thanks goes to Paul for writing up the how-to.
Keep us posted.
Thanks, Christine. Tom, are you sure the e-brake boot was fitted correctly on the frame? The opening is tight, but it will fit with some effort. I surprised that the boots would vary that much from the template.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 08/30/05 07:03 PM
It was on the frame right. The opening was barely big enough to FORCE the release button through it. No way would the handle go through it.
got my replacement today, but I didn't get my original back, thought I would, this one looks better though
That's not surprising because they probably removed the stitching in order to use your original boot as the template.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 08/31/05 11:34 PM
I hope mine fits OK as Maciek didn't ask me to send my old one in for comparison.
He has mine, which is why I'm surprised yours didn't fit.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 09/08/05 04:27 AM
Well, I got the replacement boot Saturday. Didn't get a chance to put it on until Monday. The darn (sp?) thing still doesn't fit! The hole for the handle is fine but it's too short in the back. When the brake is on/up, it's OK but when the brake is released/down, it's too short and pulls the boot off the frame. I tried it twice, same result. I emailed Maciek Monday night but no answer yet. This is getting old. I don't see why it's so hard to make something right, especially when you have the original to use as a pattern.
Wow! I don't understand what happened.
Hopefully you will get a reply back soon! I'm sure they will make it right, but I can see where it would get old having to keep sending it back.
I'm sorry to hear this has happened...I'm going to attempt to contact Maciek.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 09/12/05 05:42 PM
Here's what I sent to Maciek when I got the second boot:
----- Original Message -----
To: info at redlinegoods.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 7:15 AM
Subject: Re: messed up ebrake boot

I was out of town this past Saturday when the boot came to my house. So when I got home on Sunday, I was very pleased to find it in my mailbox. I couldn't put it in on Sunday as it was my youngest daughter's birthday. So today, Monday, I put it on......twice. The hole for the handle was fine on this one but the length of the boot in the back is too short. When the brake is pulled up/on/engaged, everything is fine. When the brake is down/off/disengaged, the boot is too short and pulls the rear fastener off the frame.

As I said, it pulled the rear fastener off, twice. The fact that the rear post isn't totally messed up is a miracle. I really don't understand why I seem to be having so much trouble with this. When I put the second replacement boot next to the original boot---back to back, it is about 3/4" shorter from the edge of the handle opening to the bottom edge of the boot, hence it is too short with the brake handle in the off or down position. I'll have to have another one made, so please make this one longer in the rear, at least by 3/4".

I've got two (2) boots now that I can't use. If you want them back, please say so. I'm not trying to cheat you, they just don't fit, no matter what I do. Please let me know what you want to do. But right now, I've got two ebrake boots that I can't use.

Sincerely, Tom Hoyt

Here is his reply. I measured and sent the info to him on the 9th but haven't heard anything back yet. He didn't directly reply when the second one was sent, I just got an email that it had been sent. That's what I'm looking for now, just haven't gotten it yet. BTW, the boots they sent me were both 1/2" shorter (in the back) than my original. That's why the second one wouldn't fit.

Tom,

I'm really sorry about all this. I honestly don't understand why was there a problem with the second boot, we did make it 100% to the template that we had... I'm beginning to assume that for some reason your boot is slightly different in design than the one we had as a template.

I never assumed you were dishonest, not at all. I too am trying to get this resolved fully to your satisfaction. Could you do me a bit of a favor please? Please measure the rear edge of the boot, from the very bottom to the very top, along the rear seam and tell me what the size is, as precise as you can. We'll compare that size to the 3/4" more you requested and hopefully, we'll nail it this time.

Thank you,
Maciek

Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 09/13/05 12:15 AM
Got this today:

Tom,

we'll re-do the boot for you and make it longer as you requested.

Thank you,
Maciek

Sounds like it's being resolved. Is it possible to post pictures of the ones you had made next to the original?
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 09/17/05 04:54 AM
Sounds like it's being resolved. Is it possible to post pictures of the ones you had made next to the original?

I still haven't figured out how to post pics. Duh I could email to you if you could then post them. If you want, PM me with your email and I'll send them. And I got an email yesterday that the new boot was on it's way. This one's got to fit.
Tom, you can send the pictures to me if you'd like and I will post them.

Sent you my email address via PM.

**fingers crossed that this boot fits**

EDIT: Brian, did you get your boot installed yet? Does this one fit?
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 09/17/05 01:38 PM
Tom, you can send the pictures to me if you'd like and I will post them.

Sent you my email address via PM.

**fingers crossed that this boot fits**

Thanks Chris. I'll send a few pix in the next day or so.

well the boot fits well on the handle, it looks like it is larger and should fit the frame, I have not had a chance to try installing it completely yet. I just got some plastic epoxy so I can give it a try now
I hope everything is correct now.
Keep us posted Brian.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 09/22/05 06:10 AM
I got home around 10PM and the new boot was waiting for me. I put it next to the second one they sent and it's longer in the back. Looks like it shouldn't be any problem at all. I'll email pix to Chistine from work tomorrow so she can post them. Keep your fingers crossed it's OK. I'll install Friday after work and post the results.
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
I got home around 10PM and the new boot was waiting for me. I put it next to the second one they sent and it's longer in the back. Looks like it shouldn't be any problem at all. I'll email pix to Chistine from work tomorrow so she can post them. Keep your fingers crossed it's OK. I'll install Friday after work and post the results.

Good luck Tom. Hope it works, and can't wait to see the pics!
Here are the pictures that Tom sent me:

Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 09/22/05 08:17 PM
It's hard to see in the first picture but the brake handle hole was barely big enough for me to get my thumb through, let alone the actual brake handle.

Thanks for posting the pix, Christine. I don't know why I had so much trouble (yeah, I do. Cause it was ME.), but since Maciek was so eager to please and to make things right, I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

-Tom
This was the first time that posting pictures worked for me. Normally I have to post a link.
Thanks to Chongo I can do it!
Anyone have any input on which thread color matches our Prairie Tan the best? I don't see "Sierra" listed as a thread color, just a leather color. I'm thinking black boots with tan stitching.
I think it's great these guys are going to all the trouble to make things right with the shift & e-brake boots. Even as-is they still look very nice & once all of the bugs are worked out I'll mos def order a set for my car too.
Once im ready, ill probably be snatching up a set with red stitching, Should look awesome! Will remind me of th old GTI Vr6
Originally posted by peepshow:
Anyone have any input on which thread color matches our Prairie Tan the best? I don't see "Sierra" listed as a thread color, just a leather color. I'm thinking black boots with tan stitching.

I checked out the tan color and at the top of the page it says "PERFECT for all tan interiors". I agree with you, the black boots with tan stitching.

Pudmunkie: The black boots with red stitching look really nice.

The black boots with red stitching look really nice.

I'll say...
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 09/26/05 06:02 AM
I finally put the ebrake boot in today. I glued it in the frame with "Goop" that I got at Lowe's. I tried the epoxy in stick form that you mix, but it didn't hold. The "Goop" did the trick.

The extra length on the back side of the boot was perfect. It doesn't bunch up or look funny. I asked Maciek to make the back 7 1/2" long and it came out great. If anyone orders the boots now, I'd advise you ask Maciek to make it longer. I'm glad I did. I'll try to take some pix.
Thanks for posting the length of the boot Tom. I think that will help to ensure that no one else has the problem.

Feel free to send me the pictures and I will post them for you.
Here are the installed pictures that Tom sent:

The green was a good choice Tom, looks good!
Looks great!
Is that a picture with the e-brake released?
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 09/29/05 12:01 AM
Is that a picture with the e-brake released?

Yes. I'd rather have it slightly loose than so tight that it pulls off the frame. And if you happen to be resting your hand on it, you could also possibly push down and pull it off the frame. This works for me.

And you couldn't ask for someone more eager to please than Maciek. Excellent customer service.
I'm glad everything worked out for you, Tom.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Post '98 Contour Shift and E-Brake Boots - 10/03/05 10:59 PM
I even got an email today wanting to know if I'd received the boot yet. I've never experienced such customer service before. These folks deserve 2 thumbs up, way up!!
way late in posting but I finally got my parking brake boot installed last week, I still feel the mounting tab holes were off, I had to cut a new one on one side because the top two were off, but in the end it does fit and it looks great, forgot to get a pick but I will soon

biggest pain for me as getting the bezel for the boot I had to work as it was in poor shape, I got two part plastic eppoxy from home depot and it worked great
Good to hear...pictures?
Good to hear...pictures?

when I am next in the car, its under the cover and it has been raining all week, I did post the shift boot pictures before

here
Good to hear...pictures?

Looks sweet...I like the B&M shifter.
Looks sweet...I like the B&M shifter.

I have a steeda tri/ax shifter
The reverse lock-out looks identical to the B&M - I didn't realize they were so similar...
© CEG Archives