Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: TeamCF1 98- 00 Contour Cowl Group Buy - 07/13/05 06:52 PM
Carbon Fiber One is setting up a group buy on the Contour Cowl for 25% off retail for the CEG members
10+ members will get this price
Price will be $410

(insured) shipping
$150 to anywhere in the U.S
$200 to Canada & Hawaii

copy and paste the list ... lets get the 10 people!!!

PM me to send payment
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: 98- 00 Contour Cowl Group Buy - 07/13/05 06:59 PM
Which hood is this? Not the EVO style right? But the original cowl?
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: 98- 00 Contour Cowl Group Buy - 07/13/05 07:25 PM
CF1 didn't make the EVO style hood. So yes, it is the cowl hood. And am I reading it correctly, $560 shipped?

Mark
I wouldnt do it unless you guys are planning on moving your fenders in and so on ...Gap city
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: 98- 00 Contour Cowl Group Buy - 07/13/05 07:40 PM
i dont have gap city josh, i had 1 gap issue but i did as you sudgested and lowered my hood latch and now its great.
oh ok , maybe you got lucky then...From the ones I seen they all needed to be modded in some way to fit .

I'm selling mine in the classifieds .
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: 98- 00 Contour Cowl Group Buy - 07/13/05 09:40 PM
lets keep our opinions out of this thread as they have been voiced MANY times!!! this is for buyers, not opinions!!!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: 98- 00 Contour Cowl Group Buy - 07/13/05 10:48 PM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
lets keep our opinions out of this thread as they have been voiced MANY times!!! this is for buyers, not opinions!!!

AMEN!!!
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: 98- 00 Contour Cowl Group Buy - 07/13/05 10:55 PM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

Thank you!
Posted By: 98EB_Expedition Re: 98- 00 Contour Cowl Group Buy - 07/14/05 02:42 AM
hoods are on ebay for $239 + shipping BTW
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: 98- 00 Contour Cowl Group Buy - 07/14/05 02:51 AM
I want the plain stock looking CF hood.. any GB on that?
Posted By: Quick_SVT Re: 98- 00 Contour Cowl Group Buy - 07/14/05 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

Posted By: RawBurt Re: 98- 00 Contour Cowl Group Buy - 07/14/05 03:03 PM
Like this
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: 98- 00 Contour Cowl Group Buy - 07/14/05 03:21 PM
Originally posted by RawBurt:
Like this

ditto homie
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: 98- 00 Contour Cowl Group Buy - 07/14/05 03:31 PM

Your looking for the wrong group buy. Look for one with rims.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: 98- 00 Contour Cowl Group Buy - 07/14/05 03:40 PM
shouldn't buyers be able to read opinions?

I don't see how keeping their opinions out of the thread can POSSIBLY be looking out for our fellow members.

Ray
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: 98- 00 Contour Cowl Group Buy - 07/14/05 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Ray:
shouldn't buyers be able to read opinions?

Ray

Well Ray, yes. I do agree with you on that one. Unfortunately CEGers are not mature enough to handle OPINIONS with out freaking out and name calling. Also, sometimes they lack the maturity to actually just state the problems.

What should be "Well, I had a really tough time getting the hood to fit correctly. All of the gaps are too large. The fit quality leave lots to be desired" Turns into "This flaming piece of dog [censored] [censored] sucks! I spent all [censored] day trying to get this piece of [censored] to fit, blah blah blah."

And someone will respond with "We all told you that hood looks horrible, why would you waste your money on that pile? You're a dumbass for not listening to everyone!" And is responded to with "I posted pics only for people who want to tell me how sweet my car is now. If you dont like it, STFU and I hope you get raped by a gorrilla you piece of [censored]!"

Thats why!

This thread is off track already, and is partly my fault. Im done, if anyone cares to chat I accept PMs!
Posted By: eyevancsu Re: 98- 00 Contour Cowl Group Buy - 07/14/05 06:19 PM
"*If you do not agree with a Group Buy price or product, let it be. Do not post negative remarks. If the price is high, don't buy it. You don't like windshield washer lights? Don't buy them. "

- GB Rules
I remember when I offered Group Buys on powder coating , there was a handful of BEWARE remarks along with negative remarks. Well I guess some people are diffrent twoards others .
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: 98- 00 Contour Cowl Group Buy - 07/14/05 11:35 PM
I, for one, think that trying to keep opinions out of a purchase thread is like handing a child a gun... You KNOW they don't know anything about it, but they'll still hurt theirself.

Granted, the immature negative comments could be tossed, but negative comments in general shouldn't be shunned.

Ray
Posted By: eyevancsu Re: 98- 00 Contour Cowl Group Buy - 07/15/05 12:55 AM
I agree 100% with you Ray, i was just pointing out the rules.

-ivan c.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: 98- 00 Contour Cowl Group Buy - 07/15/05 03:07 PM
Gee wonder why I never offered up another GB here . I guess thats what you get when you have a company that has provided good products, for an outdated car very fast, with great service. Should have got the good fitten, good customer service,overplayed ricey look ones from Japan with soon to yellow over-rated rolled edge, not to mention the speedy service. Seriously drop the hate on this company, no need. If you don't plan to buy or don't already have one, or can't offer any carbon fiber input (yet to see an expert on this forum). Drop it, continue with the GB.

Wonder why there won't be a pre-98 trunk anymore either. Take it to pm's. Please don't bother quoting me and making a page long post(s) about how you have the right to voice your opinion or what ever it is you want to clog this post with more than I/we have already. No one wants to hear it, and not needed. PM me if you like.

Now as far as the product. Its a good product, very strong and I never had a fitment issue I wasn't easily able to take care of. Your talking with someone who has installed a few. It may take a little effort to get it to fit absolutly perfectly dead on, but than you would be even better than a factory hood . Sad but true.

Keep it moving nothing to see here
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: 98- 00 Contour Cowl Group Buy - 07/15/05 05:14 PM
Originally posted by livinsvt:
If you don't plan to buy or don't already have one, or can't offer any carbon fiber input (yet to see an expert on this forum). Drop it, continue with the GB.

I don't plan on buying a howitzer, but I would advise my friends about possible quirks on those before THEY did.. Just because I don't plan on spending any money on the product doesn't mean that I can't speak what I have seen, verified, many times. Your logic makes no sense.

Quote:

Take it to pm's. Please don't bother quoting me and making a page long post(s) about how you have the right to voice your opinion or what ever it is you want to clog this post with more than I/we have already. No one wants to hear it, and not needed. PM me if you like.

You contradict yourself. You state that you are completely aware that "we" all have a right to voice our opinion, but then you say that we shouldn't, and you assume that "nobody" wants to hear it (and its not needed).. I seem to recall a few people saying that they agree with me 100%.. not 98.. or 99.. 100..
Again, your logic makes no sense.

Quote:

Keep it moving nothing to see here

Something I agree with..

If you don't want negative comments, don't post on here. (Just as I expect a negative comment on THIS post that I made, I can't argue with your right to do so. Anyone who will actually ask, or even TELL us, as a community, that we SHOULDN'T badmouth the product (if it is indeed a bad product), simply doesn't deserve to sell anything on here. If you want to sell something and have EVERYONE give positive revues, perhaps you should go to a corporation that you can buy a review..
There's my reply, not quite a page long, is that okay with you?

You know, if it isn't, you have the right to give me your opinion.

Now back to your regularly scheduled GB offer.

Ray
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: 98- 00 Contour Cowl Group Buy - 07/15/05 06:02 PM
I don't get it your pm's broken . You can click on my screen name to the left, thats this way <----, and click send private message. Any thing else can be said there. Not even going to read the post, since you must have skipped over most of mine.

I say again. Continue on with the GB
Posted By: TeamCF1 Re: 98- 00 Contour Cowl Group Buy - 07/15/05 09:47 PM

^^ PM sent
Posted By: TeamCF1 Re: 98- 00 Contour Cowl Group Buy - 07/15/05 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Quick_SVT:

^^ PM sent
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: 98- 00 Contour Cowl Group Buy - 07/15/05 10:43 PM
Originally posted by livinsvt:
I don't get it your pm's broken . You can click on my screen name to the left, thats this way <----, and click send private message. Any thing else can be said there. Not even going to read the post, since you must have skipped over most of mine.

I say again. Continue on with the GB

You, sir, have a pm.. I sincerely hope it was worth it.

Ray
© CEG Archives