Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: JustStock Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/09/05 02:56 AM
I have made 10 of these brackets to relocate your imrc to a safe and cooler spot!! All you will need is to have is a aftermarket air intake and the origanal bracket that held the old air intake in place. " mount thats comes off the drivers side trans mount" They are made of Polished Steel, or can be painted to your desired color. All have Beautiful welds and will alow you to move the imrc with out disconnecting it. If need be i will make as many as needed

I will be selling them for $20.00 plus shipping

You will get bracket, Bolts, Ground Cable, Detailed Instrutions. Install time 20 min, Pro machanic 5 min, Not Car friendly mechanic 2 days.

Please Post If you need one.

I do have extra monts if needed

Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/09/05 03:22 AM
Have any pics of one installed? sounds quite interesting.
Sweet i'll take one !! And I will powder coat these for you all as well !!
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/09/05 04:07 AM
Pics please!!! But I will take one!
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/09/05 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Stry-ped:
Pics please!!! But I will take one!

I just relocated mine like 2 days ago. This will complete it perfectly and get rid of the ghettoness.

So I'll take one.
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/09/05 04:26 AM
Pics please!!!

I'm interested but need pics first.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/09/05 04:41 AM
Originally posted by 98_HO_Contour:
Pics please!!!

I'm interested but need pics first.

yea i took my thingy for the airbox out cause of the CAI..how will this work now?
Posted By: esveetee Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/09/05 08:27 AM
ya, I'd like to see some pics first, especially since I don't even have the intake for it yet.
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/09/05 10:47 AM
def get some pics and i would be interested....i am assuming you mean the bracket that has two holes with what look like grommets still installed above my tranny that has nothing connected to it now....
Posted By: JustStock Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/09/05 01:58 PM
I will have pics today by noon, didn't have my camera yesterday so i will post them by noon thnaks guys.
Posted By: JustStock Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/09/05 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
Originally posted by 98_HO_Contour:

yea i took my thingy for the airbox out cause of the CAI..how will this work now?

All you need is the 2 gromet/bolt things on the drivers side trans mount you don't need the old air intake bracket.
Posted By: JustStock Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/09/05 04:00 PM
Do to The cost Of the welding rod's and steel we use. The Imrc Relocation Kit's will now be $24.00 Plus shipping. but i dont inflate shipping like other people do!!! Pic's will be up soon. waiting for them to load. Thanks Again
Posted By: ZACK860 Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/09/05 06:02 PM
SWEET!

I'll definately take one.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/10/05 12:18 AM
Originally posted by JustStock- Wikkid-:
Pic's will be up soon. waiting for them to load. Thanks Again

Posted By: FROSTY SVT Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/10/05 12:33 AM
Definitely would like to see the pics...although i've already relocated mine under the battery its not perfect but would be nice to see if this would be an alternative solution.
Posted By: Aspire Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/11/05 05:24 AM
I want one
Posted By: OB1 Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/11/05 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Aspire:
I want one

Posted By: ZACK860 Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/11/05 10:28 PM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Pic's will be up soon. waiting for them to load. Thanks Again

Im hoping for a pic as well .
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/12/05 04:04 AM
So, installing a 50 cent transistor is harder and more expensive?

FYI, the part that is failing on so many Contiques' IMRC is the faulty transistor. Relocating the IMRC won't really aide in the failure by much (especially in the summer). I have tried the relocation trick and it still failed after a while.

If someone was to have a group buy for these transistors or the service to "fix" them, what would people do?

This has been covered before by Glenn in UK.

Search?
Posted By: BrianW Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/12/05 12:16 PM
Originally posted by The Chris:

FYI, the part that is failing on so many Contiques' IMRC is the faulty transistor. Relocating the IMRC won't really aide in the failure by much (especially in the summer). I have tried the relocation trick and it still failed after a while.

If someone was to have a group buy for these transistors or the service to "fix" them, what would people do?

Search?

Thread with his post in it: Part number TO-220

Another thread with the part listed as 2N6045

Hopefully they are the same thing. Anyone have a web site with these parts on it?
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/12/05 12:38 PM
Originally posted by BrianW:
Thread with his post in it: Part number TO-220

Another thread with the part listed as 2N6045

Hopefully they are the same thing. Anyone have a web site with these parts on it?

Both those numbers are bogus. Here's why:

Quote:

It's on the hidden side of the PCB. It's a bit tricky to get to as you have to desolder the pins for the main connector to get the PCB out. If I don't have a pic of the PCB unfortunately but here is a pic of a similar transistor..

Quote:

The original one is a 2n-6045, but these don't seem to be available now so I used the closest equivalent which is a TIP 121.

Posted By: BrianW Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/12/05 12:41 PM
From what I've found in searches and HERE the 2N6045 is the same thing as TO-220
Posted By: eyevancsu Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/12/05 12:58 PM
TO-220 is the package type the transistor comes in, 2n6045 is the "model."
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/12/05 04:45 PM
The TO-220 was just a sample picture - not the actual part for the IMRC. Like the ebay ads for V-6 WR headers but I-4 headers are in the pictures.
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/12/05 07:18 PM
Sorry, I stand corrected. It's a 65 cent plus shipping part.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4666&item=3845244680

If I can get 10+ people to send me $2, I'll buy 20 of them and write a How-To for fixing the damn thing. Then, I will mail one of them to you. It shouldn't take more than 1 hour to fix with a solder iron.

Who's in? Maybe this would be a group buy?
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/12/05 07:26 PM
So, for those of us who may have an interest in the GB, when are you going to post pix?
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/12/05 07:33 PM
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
So, for those of us who may have an interest in the GB, when are you going to post pix?

Yes. Where are these pic's?! Must be uploading them using hampster power or something... needs more jigawatt.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/12/05 07:35 PM
maybe his scanner is broken
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/12/05 07:36 PM
Originally posted by SVTatGT:
maybe his scanner is broken

Or it's about to be broken like your face!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4666&item=3845244680

If I can get 10+ people to send me $2, I'll buy 20 of them and write a How-To for fixing the damn thing. Then, I will mail one of them to you. It shouldn't take more than 1 hour to fix with a solder iron.

Thanks im going to buy one for the hell of it .
Posted By: JustStock Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/12/05 07:42 PM
Sorry Guys My Wife is preganant and fell down the steps so i've been at the hospital she's due july 18 so we had to schduale a secection for tommorow. i will upload the pics again. i am sorry guys just need to handle my baby's needs.

Thanks Eric
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/12/05 07:50 PM
Sorry Guys My Wife is preganant and fell down the steps so i've been at the hospital she's due july 18 so we had to schduale a secection for tommorow. i will upload the pics again. i am sorry guys just need to handle my baby's needs.

Thanks Eric

Oh [censored]! man.. hope she's alright! . Hope the baby is okay, too....

oh,and congrats on a short coming of being a new father, too. Take care of your family man... get back when you are done enjoying your new boy/girl.. ceg is crap and unimportant when it comes to serious situations liek that.
Posted By: FROSTY SVT Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/12/05 07:56 PM

Search?

Relocating the IMRC worked perfectly for me...i'm sure the heat weakens this transistor initially and causes the fluctuation and then over a period of time completely kills it...lately we've been having 95+ degree weather and the secondaries open everytime..so i think relocation if done early enough is beneficial.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/12/05 08:11 PM
Geez, dude! My best wishes for your family! Take care of them FIRST. Go ahead, we'll wait.

<<< (Sits down & breaks out deck of cards)
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/12/05 09:16 PM

Thanks Eric

Family comes first. Take care of what you gotta do first.

Hope everything is alright.
Posted By: eyevancsu Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/12/05 09:55 PM
The 2n6045 can be had from digikey.com for a buck and shipping, the original is always better than an alternative (the tipXXX).

Good luck with your wife man, sounds like she wasnt too badly injured or the baby.

-ivan c.
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/12/05 11:29 PM
Originally posted by eyevancsu:
The 2n6045 can be had from digikey.com for a buck and shipping, the original is always better than an alternative (the tipXXX).

Good luck with your wife man, sounds like she wasnt too badly injured or the baby.

-ivan c.

IIRC, 2n6045 has heat tolerance issues (that is the part that is failing on our IMRC's)
Posted By: eyevancsu Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/13/05 12:01 AM
If there is enough space within the imrc a small heatsink coudl be attached to the transistor, but i dont know if there is any space at all. Id still be interested in the relocation kit.
Posted By: GoldenTour Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/13/05 12:03 AM
At E.T.L Audio we install the products that are client�s need. As the Electronics' Advance so do we. That�s why we carry all the newest product�s and supplies to make are client�s know we care.

Might want to update the "are client's know we care" to "our clients" just a heads up if the website is new.

not hating or nothing
Posted By: JustStock Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/13/05 01:27 AM
Originally posted by GoldnTour:
At E.T.L Audio we install the products that are client�s need. As the Electronics' Advance so do we. That�s why we carry all the newest product�s and supplies to make are client�s know we care.

Might want to update the "are client's know we care" to "our clients" just a heads up if the website is new.

not hating or nothing

Yah thats what happens when you design it and a idiot types it up. thats only my first rev, rev two is soon to come
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/13/05 02:55 AM
Originally posted by eyevancsu:
If there is enough space within the imrc a small heatsink coudl be attached to the transistor, but i dont know if there is any space at all. Id still be interested in the relocation kit.

If there is space, it is on the underside of the IMRC with the board on top of it. You won't be very effective trying to get heat out of there I'm afraid.

I just don't get why Ford would put an electronic component like that in a box on top of a valve cover... then cover it with a chunk of heat catching plastic. Plenty of cooler places to put it, & even under the battery or air box it would be out of sight too.

The kit sounds like a good idea for most as it will help to prevent premature failure. An ounce of prevention...
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/13/05 04:30 AM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

The kit sounds like a good idea for most as it will help to prevent premature failure. An ounce of prevention...

This is exactly why a relocation kit is preferable to trying to desolder and resolder a transistor that you don't have. Preventive maintenance is preferable.
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/13/05 02:21 PM

This is exactly why a relocation kit is preferable to trying to desolder and resolder a transistor that you don't have. Preventive maintenance is preferable.

You people aren't understanding that the transistor that was originally put in the IMRC was faulty (tolerence issues). The newer TIP121 is a MUCH better replacement if you compare the two spec sheets. Yes, it can handle the underhood temps.

Additionally, relocating the IMRC just delays the heat issue. If your IMRC is failing now due to heat, relocating it might give you 15-30 minutes more of operation before it heats back up and stops working.

If you relocate it, you still have a faulty transistor.

Oh, and in case you are new here, ask around. I know a thing or two about the Contour and its electronics.
Posted By: DDV Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/13/05 03:09 PM

I'm in!
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/13/05 03:22 PM

You people aren't understanding that the transistor that was originally put in the IMRC was faulty (tolerence issues). The newer TIP121 is a MUCH better replacement if you compare the two spec sheets. Yes, it can handle the underhood temps.

Additionally, relocating the IMRC just delays the heat issue. If your IMRC is failing now due to heat, relocating it might give you 15-30 minutes more of operation before it heats back up and stops working.

If you relocate it, you still have a faulty transistor.

Oh, and in case you are new here, ask around. I know a thing or two about the Contour and its electronics.

New... hehe.

I understand just fine. My IMRC is NOT faulty, so I will relocate it to prevent premature failure and/or prolong its life. GET IT??

You aren't suggesting people rip open their perfectly fine & functioning IMRC box just to replace this transistor, are you? The time to rip appart the IMRC to replace the thingy is AFTER the failure and BEFORE investing in a replacement IMRC. GET IT?

GOT IT?

GOOD!

Posted By: BrianW Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/13/05 03:32 PM
Originally posted by DDV:

I'm in!

Me too!
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/13/05 03:43 PM
Count me in for two.
Posted By: eyevancsu Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/13/05 04:54 PM
I thought this was an imrc relocation kit GB, not a transistor GB? Maybe you should start a new thread about it.

-ivan c.
Posted By: svt4b Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/13/05 05:09 PM
somebody needs to take there ball and go home, sounds like a god damn playground
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/13/05 05:37 PM
hey jim, you should be getting the package soon...and the lim has a perfectly fine imrc attached to it, a spare
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/13/05 05:52 PM
I'll get both (as long as you post a pic of the kit) and replace the transistor when I have to.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/13/05 09:40 PM
Originally posted by tour96se:
hey jim, you should be getting the package soon...and the lim has a perfectly fine imrc attached to it, a spare

- BONUS!!
Posted By: White99SE Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/14/05 06:13 PM

I would take one of these too. But to be fair to this GB originator, regardless if you agree with him or not, I think you should start a new GB thread, IMO.
Posted By: BrianW Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/14/05 06:19 PM
Originally posted by White99SE:

I would take one of these too. But to be fair to this GB originator, regardless if you agree with him or not, I think you should start a new GB thread, IMO.

I'll take 2. You should start another thread
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/18/05 02:56 AM
What happened to the IMRC relocation kit? Did it take a ?
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 07/18/05 03:00 AM
?

haha stop making fun of my car!
Posted By: morbid Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 08/09/05 05:09 PM
so what happened to the pictures of the IMRC relocation kit?
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Imrc Relocation Kit - 08/09/05 10:08 PM
I PM'd JustStock-Wikkid on July 21st, got no reply. Too bad. I was genuinely interested.
© CEG Archives