Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: posthuman63t Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/25/05 11:02 PM
Just getting an interest check. Seeing as the Mirko Splitters have gone up in cost ($250 + $70s/h). I am going to contact Mirko providing there are say...10 people that are interested. No idea on how much they would knock off for us, but I think they will be willing to go with the last listed price ($210?) at least. So...If your interested, leave a message.
Posted By: mcfast Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/26/05 01:31 AM
I think the price just went up, I got mying last week, I paid $205.00 plus $72.00 for shiping and handling to Quebec Canada.
Posted By: Harrry Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/26/05 06:39 AM
i just paid 262 for mine. It does put a smile on my face every morning so it was worth it. Even when i scrap it driving
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/26/05 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Mkingracing:
i just paid 262 for mine. It does put a smile on my face every morning so it was worth it. Even when i scrap it driving

262 shipped? Thats a good price. I mean compared to 250+70=320 they want now.
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/26/05 10:48 PM
I am interested if they give you a good price. I am not spending a hell of a lot of money on something that is going to get scraped up badly.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/26/05 10:59 PM
I doubt you will get a significant discount. Heck, most of the time you need 5 orders for him to make them anyway (for the normal price!). And, if you drive carefully, you shouldnt scrape it up too bad. Ive had mine for over 4000 miles now with only 1 small scrape on the underside [knock on wood].
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/26/05 11:28 PM
I checked and they currently have some in stock....

But, doesnt seem like there is an interest for em.
Posted By: Snipey Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/27/05 10:47 AM
Originally posted by RandyCSVT:
I am interested if they give you a good price. I am not spending a hell of a lot of money on something that is going to get scraped up badly.

AMEN! damn new england roads

but if theres gunna be a good deal on it, id definetly think about it.

-Snipey
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/27/05 11:40 AM
Interest right here!
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/27/05 01:21 PM
i want one
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/27/05 03:53 PM
im in
Posted By: liquidX Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/27/05 04:02 PM
Originally posted by XxPlAyBoYpImPxX:
im in

Posted By: OB1 Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/27/05 05:58 PM
Originally posted by XxPlAyBoYpImPxX:
im in

Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/27/05 06:29 PM
Interested
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/27/05 07:00 PM
interested, if we get enough people we should be able to get a pretty good deal. im sure it doesnt cost them much to make.

"negotiate everything"
Posted By: neversummer7 Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/27/05 08:21 PM
I would be intrested depending on price.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/27/05 08:31 PM
anything lower than thier website peice is a deal to me
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/27/05 08:39 PM
If I hadn't just purchased a new in box one for 150$ i'd be all over this like white on rice!
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/27/05 09:08 PM
Originally posted by racerbox77:
interested, if we get enough people we should be able to get a pretty good deal. im sure it doesnt cost them much to make.

"negotiate everything"

Add me to the list.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/27/05 09:15 PM
Tomorrow (Tuesday) I'm going to get ahold of Mirko and see what kind of deal they might be able to give us. As soon as I know what's up, I'll tell you guys. Hoefully they can give us a good price...more so being that they just raised the damn price!!
Posted By: Kyledriver83 Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/28/05 04:36 AM
I'm in if it fits a '99 'Stique...I'm pretty sure it doesn't, but if yes, I'm a shoe-in!
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/28/05 04:43 AM
In
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/28/05 06:44 AM
Originally posted by ryan(CF)blacksvt:
anything lower than thier website peice is a deal to me

Alright...here's what I was told. Mirko is willing to go from $250, to $220 on the splitters. That's if we get 10 people who will commit to buying. I am going to find out if thats the limit on the discount or if we can get say 20 people if they would be willing to drop it down even more. (which honestly, I wouldn't count on it) But I'll let you all know ASAP.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/28/05 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Kyledriver83:
I'm in if it fits a '99 'Stique...I'm pretty sure it doesn't, but if yes, I'm a shoe-in!

wont work for you. gotta have the SVT front for it to fit.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/28/05 01:31 PM
$30.00 thats it., sorry thats not good enough for me, thank you for the effort and work put into it but if mirko isnt gonna give a better deal than that then i dont need to do buisness with mirko.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/28/05 03:36 PM
$30.00 thats it., sorry thats not good enough for me, thank you for the effort and work put into it but if mirko isnt gonna give a better deal than that then i dont need to do buisness with mirko.

Agreed. Discount or not..they are still OVERPRICED pieces of fibreglass.
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/28/05 03:38 PM
im in if we can get a better discount w/ say 20 ppl interested.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/28/05 05:15 PM
Originally posted by HoeClearanceStripper:

Fat chance guys its been tried way too many times on CEG over the past few years. Inless you get 20 people or more which will never happen you're gonna pay whatever the fug Mirko wants. You should be happy he still gets them made.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/28/05 06:06 PM
Don't forget to add the $70 for shipping & handling

If you realy want one you will just have to bite the bullet and pay the price. Over the last 2-3 years not one Mirko GB has happend do to lack of commitment. You will never get 20 to commit and pay up and it will drag on for 6 months and just die as it has in the past. Do a search in GB and you will see for yourself.

I wish you all good luck
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/29/05 12:08 AM
Originally posted by HoeClearanceStripper:

As are most of the mods we put on our cars. If you want to play, you have to pay. It just depends on how bad you want it, as it does with everything else in life. If you want a Mirko, you'll pay the price. It's not like anyone else makes them.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 06/29/05 08:34 PM
So...It looks as if this isn't going to work out. Mirko says

Original Price - $250
10 People - $220
20 People - $210

And you have to add the $70 for shipping. So, your basically paying full price on the splitter and half off of the shipping. Either way you look at it, it doesn't look like they want to give us a deal. Sorry Fella's
Posted By: BlackBirdRacing Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/05/05 11:23 PM
Why hasn't anyone copied these?

If they don't want to play, we should find someone who will...

Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/06/05 12:09 AM
Are you volunteering to find someone?
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/06/05 12:24 AM
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
If you want to play, you have to pay.

i hope you guys can keep the negative comments about mirko to a minimum. they are one of the few aftermarket suppliers we have left.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/06/05 04:01 AM
if you think finding a new company to r&d a new splitter, make the molds, etc. is going to be cheaper and easier than just forking up the cash for a mirko you are wrong. its not that much! i will say i am surprised at how cheap some of you are!

on the other hand, a few months ago (while i was still in CO) i got in contact with someone local about making a CF mirko knockoff. it is a local company that does some great work with CF. i was basically inquiring as to how much work it would be for them to just make a mold of my mirko, then lay in the CF, not design a whole new piece. i know its not cheaper, but damm it would be hot! i never got any numbers, because i left before i got a chance to show them the piece in person. i figured very few, if any, people would want one because of the cost and it would basically be a show piece.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/06/05 04:10 AM
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
If you want to play, you have to pay.

i hope you guys can keep the negative comments about mirko to a minimum. they are one of the few aftermarket suppliers we have left.

No one is making negative comments about Mirko, or their awesome splitter. Some people are just frustrated that Mirko is unwilling to budge and give us a decent price if we do a group buy. Being that the price went up by 40-50 in the last month, I thought they would be willing to at least give us the old price if we commit to a 10 person buy. And as I stated before, they are not willing to give us a discount, let alone a price that they sold them at a month ago. No disrespect to Mirko in any way.

And to everyone saying stop being cheap...and pay to play...bottom line for me is...this is simply an appearance thing. It does nothing to improve performance and it just to change the front end look and make it a little more aggressive. You can buy bumpers for less than what they want for the peice of fiberglass. Do I want one, yes, is it worth 320 to me and about 90% of people on here, no. Thatys just how it is. 320 is half way to msds headers! No disrespect to anyone.
Posted By: m!key Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/06/05 04:37 AM
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
this is simply an appearance thing. It does nothing to improve performance and it just to change the front end look and make it a little more aggressive.

did you know that mirko raced a contour svt? did you know that the splitter is functional? i dont know what kind of parts that you have bought for cars before, maybe a giant wing or something that was not functional, the mirko isnt that.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/06/05 04:42 AM
Originally posted by mikey boy:
this is simply an appearance thing. It does nothing to improve performance and it just to change the front end look and make it a little more aggressive.

did you know that mirko raced a contour svt? did you know that the splitter is functional? i dont know what kind of parts that you have bought for cars before, maybe a giant wing or something that was not functional, the mirko isnt that.

Don't even start man. I'm not here to start little fued with people 500 miles away. So don't go there with me. Secondly, my comment on the splitter as far as performance is that it doesnt increase power for the car. Something that is more important than an appearance item that "gives" the smallest amount of functionality in other area's.

Posted By: m!key Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/06/05 04:48 AM
so people informing you on something that you were otherwise ignorant to is "starting something?" boy you have a tough life ahead of you.

"performance" is only an adjective used when it comes to power? so, if you dont get better performance from an aftermarket suspension set-up, for instance, then what term would you use?

the mirko is a quality piece, and as tom stated earlier, you have to pay to play.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/06/05 04:57 AM
i think theyre more function then form. i dont like how they look very much but i would love to have one for when im theoretically doing 100 on the freeway.
i would definitely shell out the money for one of these if they were made of something besides "glass" ill break the sh*t out of this thing. im sure he designed it for track purposes, at least i would think so, but i think more people would spring for one if they were made of a more durable material. just my .02
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/06/05 04:57 AM
Originally posted by mikey boy:
so people informing you on something that you were otherwise ignorant to is "starting something?" boy you have a tough life ahead of you.

"performance" is only an adjective used when it comes to power? so, if you dont get better performance from an aftermarket suspension set-up, for instance, then what term would you use?

the mirko is a quality piece, and as tom stated earlier, you have to pay to play.

"i dont know what kind of parts that you have bought for cars before, maybe a giant wing or something"

--that isn't meant to be an insult? I wasn't ebing ignorant, I just didn't specify enough for you to understand me clearly.

And i guess I have to say it twice, when I said performance I was referring to power gains. I said that above and you've contridicted it and I corrected it so you inderstood what I mean. And here you are repeating yourself.

The mirko IS a quality piece. I never said or implied it wasn't.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/06/05 01:07 PM

No one is making negative comments about Mirko, or their awesome splitter. Some people are just frustrated that Mirko is unwilling to budge and give us a decent price if we do a group buy.

well, i wasn't talking to you directly.

but, since you said noone made negative comments... i was referring to crap like this:

if mirko isnt gonna give a better deal than that then i dont need to do buisness with mirko.

which is amusing coming from someone who stated 7 or 8 posts earlier in the same thread....

anything lower than thier website price is a deal to me

like i said, everyone, please keep the negative comments about one of the only aftermarket suppliers we have left to a minimum.
Posted By: liquidX Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/06/05 01:26 PM
I really didn't want to post this before, but I am seriously impressed at how high Mirko has raised their prices. In only a matter of months, you are still $15 higher than original price and another $13 higher on shipping even at Group Buy level. I guess supply and demand has taken it's toll on our Contour's aftermarket. Here is my PayPal receipt from March 17th this year:

In a way, negative comments about Mirko are really absurd, since dealing with this company is a true pleasurable experience, and customer service is top notch, not to mention their great attitude. You should just see the raise in price and group buy opportunity as a sign that says "get it while it's still cheap", rather than whine all day about "not dealing with them if they don't drop the price". You are lucky you have a company that still supports an edangered species that is the aftermarket for our cars ...

XL
Posted By: Davo Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/06/05 01:31 PM
I said that above and you've contridicted it and I corrected it so you inderstood what I mean. And here you are repeating yourself.

The only one doing any contradicting and correcting is you. 'It doesn't improve performance' turned into 'It doesn't improve the power' when you realized you said something stupid.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/06/05 08:50 PM
davo...

I wasn't as specific as to my intentions as I could have been. Not changing anything I said. Don't get me started...
Posted By: Davo Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/06/05 09:09 PM
I wasn't as specific as to my intentions as I could have been. Not changing anything I said. Don't get me started...

You can't say something dumb, then say "don't get me started" to try to make it seem like you never said it.
Posted By: m!key Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/06/05 10:16 PM
hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, buy the mirko splitters, they are quality and functionality rolled into one.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/06/05 10:18 PM
I never said anything dumb. I said that I wasn't as clear as I could have been. When using the term "performance" I meant it as a "power gain". Did I say that the only definition for performance is power gains? NO. I never argued saying anything. I said what I said and it wasn't as clear as it could be. Then I have people such as yourself, coming on here saying i'm ignorant and/or making dumb comments. Just because I didn't word something correct enough for you to understand what I was saying. No wonder Vet CEG'rs are tired of this place. Peolple coming out and calling names and starting stuff that doesnt have to be started. Which brings me back to...

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything"

Can this please end now?

Posted By: futureownerSVT Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/10/05 03:43 AM
I am new & do not want to rock the boat ( cryin over $320 on a unique vehicle is kinda odd inmy book). If the GB cannot happen.. can someone give me a link or a url or a phone # so I can pay the price.. I want one, period. I just picked up my SCVT ('99 Silver) & the previous 2 owners totally Geeked up the front valance lower 3"....

Can someone either post or PM me a link, URL, or phone #...

Rob W
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/10/05 03:51 AM
www.mirkoracing.com

or

http://www.mirkoracing.com/ford_parts.htm
Posted By: futureownerSVT Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/10/05 04:13 AM
thanks to everyone for the fast replys

Rob W
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/10/05 06:41 AM
Geez, will all of you just STFU!

I am so sick of this BS. If you don't like it, don't want to spend the money on it, THEN WHY THE [censored] COME ON HERE AND TALK [censored] ABOUT IT??? Nobody is putting a gun to your head to buy it. But no, you just have to add your worthless comments into the stir...

I just don't understand people that comment on [censored] that they will not be involved with. What's it to you? I mean, really? I just can't understand the mindset of some people...

I have had the Mirko on my car, and it is awesome. Period.

Don't have the cash to buy it? That is your problem, not Mirko's...

Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/10/05 06:44 AM
then stop bringing it up...it was dead until your post
Posted By: Ronan_dup1 Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/10/05 09:56 AM
Interested.
Posted By: liquidX Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/10/05 04:47 PM
Unfortuanetly, I will have to be part of this GB gang, that is if I do not find the missing piece to mine to perform re-constructive surgery

XL
Posted By: Snipey Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/18/05 12:18 PM
not to be mr stupid face and light this post up again,i see the price and all, im not b*tching in any way about anything here, i just want to know if they paint it for you or if you have to get it painted on your own after you get it.
and if you do need to get it painted, anyone know the average price youd expect to pay for a piece like that?
thanks in advance!

edit: sorry answered my own question yet again, well part of it, it comes primered, but my question still remains about the cost id be looking at for it to be painted...and put on right, if its not an easy job i could do myself.

thanks again

-Snipey
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/18/05 12:58 PM
a new one shouldn't cost more than $150 to have painted. many people do them themselves.... i guess it depends on yoru skill level.
Posted By: hdu Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/23/05 07:31 PM
count me in for one
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/23/05 09:07 PM
I have had the Mirko spliter for almost 2 years now, and it is a qaulity piece. Bear in mind, if your a midwestern state that gets a lot of road work done every year, you may want to hold off, especially if your lowered.....And definatly do not drive it in the snow.....because it will act like a snow plow...lol...

But it does serve a grate advantage on the track in improving airodynamics.....As i live a mear 30 mins from Mirko i ahve seen the extent of his quality and reliabilty....I assure you for the price you are getting a quality piece!!!!!

I only paied 180$ for mine shipped, because he delievered it personaly to me at the body shop and it was almost 2 yars ago!!! He has great customer service and skill with our vehicals...i only wish he was still doing mroe with them.

A little history on mirko....a few years back, he was racing a SVT contour in SCCA, but the only reason he stopped running it after one or 2 seasons, becasue Ford offered no type of sponsership or help getting decently priced replacement parts.

Pretty much they told him "heres the number or your local ford dealership..good luck..."

After that he swithched to an RSX and Honda gave him a ASS load of replacement parts for free.....theres a bucnch more inbetween...

He still misses the contour and i believe on occasion he has said its one of the best cars he has ever driven.

Lupe
Posted By: hdu Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/24/05 06:24 PM
SO this is for 98 and later contours?
Hows the installation?
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: Mirko Splitter Interest - 07/24/05 06:25 PM
Originally posted by hdu:
SO this is for 98 and later contours?
Hows the installation?

This is for SVT's. Otherwise it won't fit your bumper correctly.
© CEG Archives