Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives

Hello All,
Arizona Dyno Chip is now offering a group buy on the new release of the Xcalibrator 2. The unit is awesome. The specs seem endless. See below or visit link:

SCT Xcalibrator 2 link

" The XCalibrator 2 is a very advanced version of our existing XCalibrator flash tool. To meet customerâ??s requests and to include advanced technology, we have added more features to the XCalibrator 2 than any other flash tool on the market. It is the only USB-based tool on the market, which will simplify customer use and save costs from â??proprietaryâ? cables that all other currently available flash tools on the market require for updating or reprogramming. Just as the original XCalibrator, the XCalibrator 2 can be programmed to work on any ODB-II equipped Ford vehicle from 1994-2005.
The XCalibrator 2 has both end user adjustment and high speed data logging capability. Using the keypad, you can make changes to your timing, fueling, fuel injector size, and dozens of other parameters. You can also monitor and data log all critical parameters by both connecting the XCalibrator 2 to your PC and using the SCT Live Link software, or by using the built-in LCD display.

The XCalibrator 2 also allows 2 analog inputs when data logging (such as Wideband O2s). Also, because everyone should know what those Check engine lights mean, the XCalibrator 2 allows you to read and understand these codes the minute they appear so you can get back to enjoying your favorite vehicle."

We have the best reputaion as the place for Contour and Cougar tuning

Here is the pricing breakdown:

any combination of programming will count towards the group buy quantity. This is not some stock generic program. We custom tune your program to your application and modifications.

5-10 units with cord
Custom 2.5 auto or manual program with Xcalibrator 2 $375
Custom 2.5-3.0L swap for manual or auto with Xcal. 2 $425

Prices include Xcalibrator 2 unit, cord, shipping and custom ADC tune!!

Thanks
Shawn
Arizona Dyno Chip

well im down
sounds good. either gb is a great deal guys and sct is a great product and WILL get you more power. prices vary but trust me people if you have a tour you NEED sct
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: SCT Xcalibrator 2 Group Buy! Froim ADC!! - 06/24/05 05:36 PM
How many tunes does this come with? What additional charges for a nitrous tune?

Mark
Additional Nitrous Tune will cost you $10.
No love for the Zetec?!?!
I would so be in for one of these.
1) Does this come with a chip that it flashes, or does it flash the ECU?

2) Does it connect via OBD-II access port, or through the ECU access port?
no chip, flashes the ecu..also it plugs in through the obd port
time frame? and what does this go for normaly? This must be brand new.
And the biggest ? what kind of gains with below mods, and 91 rat piss.
I'm not 100% sure of a lot of things on this , Is there a "safe mode" so if you write something messed up to the ECU ? Does it hold some sort of a backup for the default program " stock" ...Im just a little worried writing something to the EEprom and screweing myself ..

If I can get more info im probably down with this as well .
How many programs does it hold? And is this everything needed to make it work? Thanks.
-tropictour
will this work with the zetec, would be willing if it will
Yes... More information would be appreciated. What kind of time frame is it going to be? I'll probably be interested
Posted By: Pope Re: SCT Xcalibrator 2 Group Buy! Froim ADC!! - 06/25/05 02:59 PM
Originally posted by dubkatz:
and what does this go for normaly?

$375

Quote:

Modular Depot can custom tune your car according to your modifications through the mail with the SCT Advantage software. This flasher will not only give you more power, but it will take the place of multiple products. No need for a timing adjuster, MIL eliminators, speedcal (when changing rear end gears). This can all be taken care of in the tune. MD uses the new Advantage 4 bank tuning software from Superchips Custom Tuning. These tunes are created from years of research and thousands of dyno pulls. Customized according to your combination. Be sure to include all details about your car during checkout

Sounds damn good ! I really want to get my hands on this.
has anyone used this on a stock svt. what gains would be gotten with no mods done.
i would pm "ryan(CF)blacksvt" before going with this gb. he hooked me up! thanks Ryan
Originally posted by racerbox77:
i would pm "ryan(CF)blacksvt" before going with this gb. he hooked me up! thanks Ryan

True , I met Ryan in person so maybe I should talk to him a little before jumping on this .
-What if we have multiple Contours?

-Multiple Ford products?

-Is this tied to the VIN#?
Posted By: Pope Re: SCT Xcalibrator 2 Group Buy! Froim ADC!! - 06/26/05 03:00 PM
it's only good for one car

Originally posted by Pope:
it's only good for one car

Thats enough for me to say I dont want in the GB , thanks for the info .
well the obd2 scanner would work on any obd2 ford right?
correct...also if you have/no someone with the same code why couldnt you reflash that persons car as well? for a slight fee
Can you share a chip? Same deal. You can re-sell it but you can't share it.

$375

Quote:

Modular Depot can custom tune your car according to your modifications through the mail with the SCT Advantage software. This flasher will not only give you more power, but it will take the place of multiple products. No need for a timing adjuster, MIL eliminators, speedcal (when changing rear end gears). This can all be taken care of in the tune. MD uses the new Advantage 4 bank tuning software from Superchips Custom Tuning. These tunes are created from years of research and thousands of dyno pulls. Customized according to your combination. Be sure to include all details about your car during checkout

Yes. Dealers are allowed to sell the unit for as low as $375 however what type of tune are you getting?? Are you really comfortable getting a tune from a place that may not know much about the 2.5L and 3.0L platform? Why else would you be purchasing this for your car if it wasnâ??t for a great tune? We charge a little bit more than the bottom line pricing because we have specialized in this platform for years and put many hours into R&D to insure you are getting the best. This price is only valid on this group buy.
Originally posted by Molson Hightower:
-What if we have multiple Contours?

-Multiple Ford products?

-Is this tied to the VIN#?

It can be reused for a different for vehicle but not while it is currently being used on one. It has to be unlocked and reprogramed.
well the obd2 scanner would work on any obd2 ford right?

Yes
Zetec?
Originally posted by ArizonaDynoChip:

$375

Quote:

Yes. Dealers are allowed to sell the unit for as low as $375 however what type of tune are you getting?? Are you really comfortable getting a tune from a place that may not know much about the 2.5L and 3.0L platform? Why else would you be purchasing this for your car if it wasnâ??t for a great tune? We charge a little bit more than the bottom line pricing because we have specialized in this platform for years and put many hours into R&D to insure you are getting the best. This price is only valid on this group buy.

Ok, I have a chip from back when you guys were with Streetflight. I know Keith fairly well, but I don't know you. Is Keith still there?
The reason for the question is Keith and I worked hard tuning my SVT with a 3L and turbo in Chandler back in summer 2003. I dyno'd one of the first 3L swaps at his shop and then of course the first 3L turbo setup I did there. I still have the chip and had it reburned once for some changes.
I want the last burn I used to be my base tune for the xcalibrator2.
Basically, I already paid for my tune and I don't think I should have to pay twice for it.
I also want to upgrade it to the SCT Racer package at the same time so that I can do all of my own custom tuning.
What can you do for me?

I'm considering this setup through Hypnotic because I met Wayne who so far seems pretty cool and knowledgeable, and because he is close.

Posted By: morbid Re: SCT Xcalibrator 2 Group Buy! Froim ADC!! - 06/27/05 06:55 AM
Just to make sure I understand.... $375 gets you a dyno tune AND the xc2? If so, is it just 1 program, or all 3?

Also... I saw that you can adjust the fan on/off temp... does it support both fans? Can you also do other funky stuff like adjust the RPM in which the idle hang occurs between shifts?
The price does not include dyno time. Email me for dyno tuned pricing. shawn@arizonadynochip.com

Originally posted by morbid:
Just to make sure I understand.... $375 gets you a dyno tune AND the xc2? If so, is it just 1 program, or all 3?

Also... I saw that you can adjust the fan on/off temp... does it support both fans? Can you also do other funky stuff like adjust the RPM in which the idle hang occurs between shifts?

So you missed my post?
does this xcal gb come with 6 months of free tunes??? and is the shipping free???
Can this be used on the zetec equipped cars? If not, are you planning on offering a flasher for the 4 cyl cars?
Originally posted by evocontour:
Can this be used on the zetec equipped cars? If not, are you planning on offering a flasher for the 4 cyl cars?

..........no soup for you henry.... ....give me a call sometime we need to figure out a couple of things..if you need my number again pm me
can it recalibrate for bigger wheels/tires so the speedo is correct.
Originally posted by hmouta:

Very good question , would like to know as this as well .
Originally posted by P??WD???®C????TM????:
Originally posted by hmouta:

Very good question , would like to know as this as well .

Yes it can be. Can I get an email from anyone interested in purchasing this shawn@arizonadynochip.com

Thanks!!
This may be a dumb question, but in the specs for the unit under MAF it say from 80mm-90mm etc, does that mean it does not cover the standard Contour/Mondeo MAF size?

No. The unit has the ability to adjust if you wish to run one of those mafs. The unit is custom programs to your application and modifications.
does the unit come with the cables in that price,also does it come with any free tunes and how many prograhms does it come with??????
Ryan, though I'm not a moderator in this forum I would ask that you stick to your own threads in regards to this particular item as it would seem you have an intent on discrediting this offer from ADC.

This thread is for people interested in purchasing from ADC and I know that is not your intent.

Thanks,
Rick
Posted By: morbid Re: SCT Xcalibrator 2 Group Buy! Froim ADC!! - 07/06/05 05:09 PM
dood... drop it already. I believe these questions were already answered.

You have your xc2, so why persist with your spamming in this thread?
Posted By: liquidX Re: SCT Xcalibrator 2 Group Buy! Froim ADC!! - 07/06/05 05:40 PM
dood... drop it already. I believe these questions were already answered.

You have your xc2, so why persist with your spamming in this thread?

I believe his is just an XC1, and a flash only at that. I don't think he has the module but the flash service only...
actually buckshot i just wanted to know what they were offering, if everything was included. there are others that wanted to know the same thing and i have asked the question before and adc hasnt replied yet, i am NOT trying to discredit them at all, i was just wondering what they offer with thier gb. and no i dont even have a flasher i have a chip, but will be upgrading to a flasher verrrrry soon.
Ryan, sorry but since all of the information you were asking is posted in the very first post announcing the group buy and the fact that you're tied in with someone who is also trying to sell this product, I don't beleive you're simply acting in the interest of fellow CEGers.

Thanks,
Rick
actually i was and i am mistaken cause i didnt see that at first but now i did.
Dear Ryan,
I feel that it is a little weird for you to be asking all these questions when you really have no business in purchasing this product from us. So with that being said I am a little excited to announce great news for our past and future customers!! If you purchase or purchased your SCT product from ADC, you will save even more money when the release of our New lower priced turbo kit is released. The kit is planned to work on both ATX and MTX transmissions and we plan on keeping the total price of the kit below $3500. This should allow Contour and Cougar owners that were previously not able to afford a turbo kit, the ability to own a turbo Contour!!

To all:
Now the bad news for Ryans customers. Ryan is acting like Wal-Mart and ADC does not like Wal-Mart due to how they bully there vendors, poor worker benefits, and there effect on small business. Due to poor sportsmanship and Wal-Mart like behavior on Ryans part we will not be offering a discount for people that have purchased this unit outside of ADC. We will gladly reflash all X-cal units and chips not purchased through ADC but there will be a fee. If the unit was purchased from ADC, not only will there be no fee to reflash it for the turbo program, BUT there will also be a discount!!
Shawn,

I just want to thank you for your quick response earlier this week, and I look forward to the dyno session and the X cal2.

Mark
Ok ADC well for that childish behavour you get this face and how am I acting like walmart? This isnt something **I** am selling. The new price for the turbo kit sounds amazing and I surely will be doing that down the road even though I will have to pay extra for it. Or maybe I will have a friend get it in his name for me Either way you would still need to get the car dyno tuned for the turbo application to make sure everything is correct, and if you arent sending the car to Arizona then any SCT dealer can tune your car. Yes it will be a ADC chip/flasher but it can be read and re-flashed. You have amazing products and the best turbo made for the csvt I have never said anything but that and I hope this new price for the turbo get alot of people more power for less money. On that note like I have posted quite a few times I havent knocked you guys at ADC nor do I think you are a bad company. Thank you for offering this new lower price turbo kit for all us financialy challenged peeps.
Ryan,
Iâ??m sure you are a good guy and mean no hard feelings by posting away in my little group buy. I take no offense I just find it a little odd. I hold no grudges with anyone on this board nor do I wish to. Let me put things into my perspective. I just wrote this little story and I am going to call it:

The tail of two fruit sellers:
By Shawn Nielsen

Letâ??s say that you and I work at different supermarkets. Letâ??s call my store #1 and I sell fruit. Your store is #2 and you sell fruit as well. I charge so much for the fruit I sell and a customer get "x" lbs of fruit for the price I charge. I know my fruit is good fruit and I stand behind my fruit. My fruit has kind of had this great reputation in town as being..well...great fruit. It may not be the cheapest fruit in town however it is fresh and taste very yummy. Now I am at my store selling my fruit to happy customers, even a little elevator'isk music coming from the ceiling speakers when a representative from store #2 pops up from out of a pile of apples and starts asking questions in front of my customers about pricing, freshness, almost trying to put doubt in my customers head about the yummy ness of my fruit. He has on his store #2 uniform and shows no real intention of buying my fruit as he sells his own and feels that his fruit is better. He is simply there to yell out to my customers if a label is out of place, if I am out of bags for customers to put fruit in, or if he does not agree with my pricing. Yet my fruit is organic and comes from the cool valleys of California where it is picked daily and flown in to insure freshness. So one day after I noticed store #2 handing out ads for his store in my banana section, I said â??hmmm, I wonder what I can do for my customers that have ignored this guy. I got it!!! I can offer them a coupon for there next visit!!â? I see this as a fair way to show appreciation to my past and future customers. Especially those who didnâ??t care what store #2 was trying to do.

And we all lived happily ever after.
The end
Posted By: morbid Re: SCT Xcalibrator 2 Group Buy! Froim ADC!! - 07/08/05 09:01 PM
hehehe that was... um.... fruity!

Indeed. Very fruity.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: SCT Xcalibrator 2 Group Buy! Froim ADC!! - 07/09/05 01:53 AM
Originally posted by ArizonaDynoChip:

Indeed. Very fruity.

you show far more professionalism than he deserves. i think most of us here completely see through to his intentions.

i commend you for taking the high road!!
I bet those turbos could make one hell of a good strawberry smoothie.
man if you give up modding cars(which hopefully never happens)you should take up writing,that was a great story...lol...and the "elevatoresque" music part made me actually feel like i was in your store there for a second...lol...
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:
man if you give up modding cars(which hopefully never happens)you should take up writing,that was a great story...lol...and the "elevatoresque" music part made me actually feel like i was in your store there for a second...lol...

I have been throwing around the idea of pop-up books and childrens novels.
PM's sent.

For those interested in this GB, look for a new thread from ArizonaDynoChip when available.
© CEG Archives