Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: m!key morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 02:41 PM
well kids here are the first pics of what will be morettes produced for the post 98 contours. i have been in contact with morette and morette usa now since febuary and this morning i received the teaser pics.

details are up in the air as of now as to a time frame and a price. i dont think that there will necessarily be a group buy on these rather it will just be a product produced for us. i sent the lights to morette usa in arizona april 7th and they inturn sent them to france.

please dont email morette as of now as these are all the details that they have at this time. i will talk more about them at spring zing. see you all there.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 02:44 PM
i am 100% in for those sweet headlights, will they be HID'S???
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 02:49 PM
Wow!!! I would probably sell my Quad projector headlights for those!
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 02:52 PM
i would buy them from you, and the morette's and have 3 pair , i plan on having a put together car, 2 different cf hoods, 2 different cf trunks, 2-3 different sets of headlights. 2 different types of rims....that would be cool imo.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 02:53 PM
I'm surprised you spilled the beans so quickly Mike I'm gonna probably have to get a set of those for sure.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 02:53 PM
Why haven't we thought of that before...The morettes have always been a highly sought after mondeo peice for the contours. A few people tried modding them to our cars, but nothing really solid. (solid enough to start a buy on) This is awesome though. If they make thse for the contours... , hell, i still remember the first time i saw them... awe damn....anyone else getting excited...?

HEHE
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 02:58 PM
i wonder what the price will be on them???? probly over $600.00 dont ya think? Start saving now i will,hmmmmm
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 03:04 PM
600.00 is a drop in the bucket compared to what a certain person paid for some certain headlights. I'd drop 600.00 on those in a heart beat on a few condtiions:

Projectors are built in... not just a glassed over lens
Ability to accept the HID's.
And the lens is glass and the housing is paintable.
Posted By: m!key Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 03:05 PM
i cant answer any of your questions because right now you know as much as i do. start saving your money for these now. when they are released lets buy them up faster then they can produce them. they are supporting us so lets inturn show our support. thanks. they look awesome dont they?
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 03:07 PM
i would do it if they came hid's like all the aftermarket focus ones are, glass lense, and black housings, or even the way they are there with no outside plastic like ours are and either they come primered or black.....
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 03:17 PM
Simply awesome. Excellent job man. See if you can encourage them to do hid projectors in those holes.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 03:17 PM
EGADS!!! It's actually gonna happen! *runs to little boys room out of excitement*
Posted By: ButtonPuncher_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 03:21 PM
Sutpid post-98's get all the cool stuff.

j/k

BP
Posted By: 303GreenDestiny Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 03:45 PM
I want some too!
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 05:15 PM
Well there goes my Aussi Bar savings AGAIN ! lol Looks awesome, you know I'm in like flin. -B.
Posted By: morbid Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 05:56 PM
Originally posted by BlackwidowSVTT:
Well there goes my Aussi Bar savings AGAIN ! lol Looks awesome, you know I'm in like flin. -B.

hahah metoo. My rotating aussie bar fund has become a header fund... but might have to be spent on this.

I'm happy that I no longer have to even think about cutting my headlights!

Even better if I can pick them up from their AZ site... no shipping would be cool!
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 06:11 PM
I can't believe you got this done Mike. Almost makes me wish for an SVT...I won't spend the money on mine. Great job nonetheless.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 07:04 PM
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
i am 100% in for those sweet headlights, will they be HID'S???

I"M IN!!!! I already got HIDs and with those!!!

mike is the low beam gonna be a clear reflector or the standaed european lens? plus will we have the option of getting projectors in there for lows?
Posted By: Aspire Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 08:29 PM
Thank you for your efforts, you can count me in to buy them when they become available. You must be a good salesman to get those made for the Contour.
Posted By: RedlineZ Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 08:34 PM
They do look sweet.. I was just talking to a friend the othere day about how it would be nice to see something new for our lights pop up on the site and Ta DA

Today There is
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 08:48 PM
I hope they get these made for you post98 guys! Those are sick!
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 08:53 PM
wel all need these for us....i somehow dont think they will have any problem selling these
Posted By: mygameisplatnum Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 09:17 PM
definately needs to have projectors and these will sell like hot cakes. Morrettes + projectors + HID's + Glass lens =

Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 09:21 PM
ohhhh yes and either a painted or a paintable surface...ohhhh they will need some syrup that comes with them cause those hotcakes taste goooooood
Posted By: R_G Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 09:36 PM
101% down
Posted By: amarv12_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 09:43 PM
Wow, looks like it's finally gonna happen! Good work!
Posted By: mygameisplatnum Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 09:47 PM
ohhhh yes and either a painted or a paintable surface...ohhhh they will need some syrup that comes with them cause those hotcakes taste goooooood

haha hell ya, except I hope if they are going to be painted you can specify what color. Id hate them to only come in one color such as black....it would make my SF SVT look like a coon. The option to be painted and/or have a paintable service would be great.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 10:12 PM
rather than asking what colors they will probly just make it a paintable surface, that would be more cost effective for them i would figure, or charge more for a certain color which is fine by me ya know....i just want those lights
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/19/05 10:47 PM
I don't participate in GB's.. usually.. (I've hosted more GB's than I have purchased from... but... I am in, if they are HID's and glass!

101%

Ray
Posted By: SESportV Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/20/05 01:24 AM
Originally posted by SVZETEC:
I can't believe you got this done Mike. Almost makes me wish for an SVT...I won't spend the money on mine. Great job nonetheless.

Acutally; just in case some of you were wondering how they got contour headlights.... I sent them overseas about 2 months ago along with tons of pictures and measurements; they are still in the early stages; otherwise i would have posted, but I didn't wanna get anyone hopes up..... but i guess the cat is outta the bag
Posted By: SESportV Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/20/05 01:27 AM
Originally posted by mikey boy:
i sent the lights to morette usa in arizona april 7th and they inturn sent them to france.

Looks like they have 2 pair now lol
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/20/05 01:28 AM
Holy SH!t, The first group buy I am gonna be in and look what I'll get!!!!!!!!!!! Those are soooooooo hot!

OK, well, even if it isn't a group buy, whatever, I can't even type i'm so stoked!
Posted By: tropictour Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/20/05 01:31 AM
I was just about to buy a new set of headlights. I think I can wait.
-tropictour
Posted By: djdanyloz Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/20/05 01:43 AM
In like no other for those
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/20/05 01:47 AM
Could anyone even give a "rough" idea on cost? $500? I could swing that, instead of a CF hood..... And I know it's way early but, time frame?
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/20/05 02:41 AM
They probably won't be out and about (ready to order) for several months (being realistic here). Price will probably be $500-$600. That's a good rough estimate. So pretty much start saving and when you hit $500 your in pretty good shape for when they come out. I love these lights and will be saving up for them...but if it takes too long, I might just through my dough into some msds headers.
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/20/05 03:13 AM
Just when I thought I was almost done with aesthetic mods, these come along. You know, I promised myself I'd stop modding at summers end and start saving for school. These better be done by then, you don't wanna make a liar out of me do ya?

Looks sweet so far, kudos mikey
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/20/05 04:02 AM
Originally posted by mygameisplatnum:
definately needs to have projectors and these will sell like hot cakes. Morrettes + projectors + HID's + Glass lens =

same. i dont like them without an outer glass. ends up looking too aftermarket.
Sure looks good to me , I'm sure a lot of people will be very happy .
Posted By: SESportV Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/20/05 07:30 AM
Email Received this mornin!!!!

"working on the moulds, proto in 1 to 2 weeks

harold

Vasilios Koufos Koufos (vsofouk@hotmail.com) �©crivait:
>
>
> I was just wondering how these lights are coming along for the Ford Contour"
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/20/05 10:02 AM
OK, so now I feel like a stalker...I'm gonna be watchin every post you make dude!
I was wondering, is it possible to have them be HID and Projector for 5-600 dollars?!?! That seems like a lot of tech for pretty decent price.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/20/05 12:59 PM
yes i am staying on this too like white on rice
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/20/05 02:46 PM
This is real right? I mean, this is gonna happen...just someone reassure me please....
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/20/05 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Sl33stak:
This is real right? I mean, this is gonna happen...just someone reassure me please....

Mikey told me about this awhile back. He wants these regardless of price etc I do believe. He'll be buying a set and probably me too if I can find the money.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/20/05 03:05 PM
i will 100% without a doubt.....i like having parts that arent mass produced ya know.
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/20/05 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:

Mikey told me about this awhile back. He wants these regardless of price etc I do believe. He'll be buying a set and probably me too if I can find the money.

The phrase "regardless of price" freaks me out a bit. I mean, I suppose, i can bust out the Platinum, but dayumm, I'd like to know I am not lookin at $700 lights ya know?
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/20/05 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:

The phrase "regardless of price" freaks me out a bit. I mean, I suppose, i can bust out the Platinum, but dayumm, I'd like to know I am not lookin at $700 lights ya know?

Umm and how much did Milans leakers cost? $700 for completely new custom lights doesn't sound bad at all to me. remember r&d isn't cheap.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/20/05 03:43 PM
yes r&d is what costs the most thats what i am slowly saving for now for a custom exhaust. but yes even $600.00 it alot for lights but you gotta think i just spent $250.00 overnighted for oem lights. $600.00 if they are HID'S arent bad. shoot the hid's for the focus are about $600.00 and the angel eye morette style are like $550.00
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/20/05 03:55 PM

Based on the costs of R&D for a new product and who is producing them, it wouldn't shock me if these run in the $800-$900 range.

Keep in mind that the already established Mondeo Morettes cost about $625 USD.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/20/05 03:58 PM
Originally posted by SVT PETE:

Based on the costs of R&D for a new product and who is producing them, it wouldn't shock me if these run in the $800-$900 range.

Keep in mind that the already established Mondeo Morettes cost about $625 USD.

Thanks Pete
Posted By: Aspire Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/20/05 04:01 PM
Is that $625 you are quoting for Mondeo Morettes based on the price in Pounds converted to US dollars? Because if the lights are produced in the US we may not be subjected to the weakness of the Dollare vs. the Pound. Either way I don't think I am going to be able to resist these lights.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/20/05 04:06 PM
details are up in the air as of now as to a time frame and a price. i dont think that there will necessarily be a group buy on these rather it will just be a product produced for us. i sent the lights to morette usa in arizona april 7th and they inturn sent them to france.

please dont email morette as of now as these are all the details that they have at this time. i will talk more about them at spring zing. see you all there.

Like Mikey posted people just chill out and wait. Patience
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/20/05 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Aspire:
Is that $625 you are quoting for Mondeo Morettes based on the price in Pounds converted to US dollars?

The $625 is converted from the British pound to USD.

Unlike previous GBs which have proven that "You get what you pay for" isn't always true, I think that these lights will be top notch and the producer will stand behind their product.
Posted By: BigB_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/20/05 04:49 PM
Hi guys - Long time reader, never posted. These lights are going to be amazing. I am in for sure, but I expect them to cost more in the $800 range. Can't wait.
Posted By: CLASSVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/20/05 06:28 PM
Originally posted by BlackwidowSVTT:

I think the saying goes, "in like flint". But regardless, these are definately going on my car....eventually.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/21/05 12:48 AM
i'm guessing with hids and projectors they'd be about a 1000. the halogen morettes with projectors for the focus r like 550. add in a few more hundred for hids.
Posted By: Plastique_synthetiX_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/21/05 01:02 AM
I seriously, seriously doubt there is going to be any kind of HID projectors, judging by morrette's other products. I've been looking at these for my Morrettes
Posted By: mygameisplatnum Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/21/05 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Plastique_synthetiX:
I seriously, seriously doubt there is going to be any kind of HID projectors, judging by morrette's other products. I've been looking at these for my Morrettes

Im not a fan personally...looks to much like an eyeball...my 2 pennies
Posted By: Plastique_synthetiX_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/21/05 02:38 AM

Im not a fan personally...looks to much like an eyeball...my 2 pennies

Why do you think I've not bought em yet...... Maybe if it were behind a glass lense......
Posted By: mygameisplatnum Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/21/05 02:49 AM
$1000 for a set of headlights?? c'mon thats a little far fetched. If the company wants these lights to be marektable they wont be be setting the price that high. I myself would love a pair however, watch the number of ppl drop like flies more and more from the "I want" list as the price increases above $500-$600. $1000 is just not a reasonable #
Posted By: bigMoneyRacing_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/21/05 03:16 AM
$1000 for a set of headlights?? c'mon thats a little far fetched. If the company wants these lights to be marektable they wont be be setting the price that high. I myself would love a pair however, watch the number of ppl drop like flies more and more from the "I want" list as the price increases above $500-$600. $1000 is just not a reasonable #

Like was previously mentioned these lights are $600+ in the UK and have been around for a looooonnnng time. I've heard about them since joining CEG back in 2000 and they've always been a high dollar mod. I expect they'll run a *minimum* of $750. IMO, the little kiddies who don't want to pony up the big bucks for a top quality piece can go elsewhere for their custom headlight needs. Oh wait, there *isn't* an elsewhere!
Posted By: mygameisplatnum Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/21/05 03:30 AM
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:

Like was previously mentioned these lights are $600+ in the UK and have been around for a looooonnnng time. I've heard about them since joining CEG back in 2000 and they've always been a high dollar mod. I expect they'll run a *minimum* of $750. IMO, the little kiddies who don't want to pony up the big bucks for a top quality piece can go elsewhere for their custom headlight needs. Oh wait, there *isn't* an elsewhere!

I said $1000 is not reasonable. And "the little kiddies" is prob. half the # of ppl interested in this mod. So me saying "watch the number of ppl drop like flies more and more from the "I want" list as the price increases above $500-$600." is relavant. $1000 whether your a "kiddie" or not is still a good chunk of change to pony up. $ is $.

Posted By: Sl33stak Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/21/05 12:27 PM

I agree 100% How many here would HONESTLY spend a grand on lights? They would maybe sell 3 or 4 sets and that's it!
Posted By: R_G Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/21/05 01:51 PM
I am not saying a grand is reasonable, but quite a few ppl - more than 3 or 4 - spent more than that for a "home-grown" variant of Morettes. I would estimate the # of ppl actually buying them as 10-15.
Posted By: jthursby Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/21/05 04:45 PM

I'm no "kiddie" at 41 and I'll agree, $1,000.00 buys a lot of new lights and silverstar bulbs. Besides my car won't look like a gargoyle!

Jim
Wonder why people mention the silver star lights ? I tired them before and took them back 15 min's later ,,,I though they sucked
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/21/05 06:55 PM
1000 is a guess for hid morettes. the halogens should likely be less. the focus morettes are 600. add projectors and hids and the price goes up. go buy a car with stock hids then smash the headlight and see how much u have to pay to replace ONE headlight. you'll see why headlights are costing so much.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/21/05 07:45 PM
Originally posted by hmouta:
1000 is a guess for hid morettes. the halogens should likely be less. the focus morettes are 600. add projectors and hids and the price goes up. go buy a car with stock hids then smash the headlight and see how much u have to pay to replace ONE headlight. you'll see why headlights are costing so much.

well minus the HID kit and since I have the D2R bulbs (reflector based) my kit should work out well then with the regular morettes..but I'd want to have projectors
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/22/05 07:37 AM
in. looks like ill be buying new HID bulbs (another $150 or so) if they arent 9006, which of course im doubting they will be. still, it will awesome.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/22/05 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Kingpin Bananas:
in. looks like ill be buying new HID bulbs (another $150 or so) if they arent 9006, which of course im doubting they will be. still, it will awesome.

Dude, sorry to hi-jack the post...But that sig almost knoocked me off of my chair!!!!

That was the funniest sh!t of the night!!!!
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/22/05 06:00 PM

Originally posted by MapOfTazifosho:

She's slept with more people than Kevin dyno'd

Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/22/05 07:18 PM
You could buy 3 pairs of new headlights plus a set of HIDs. Then replace them every 3 years when they get a bit hazy. Still less money!
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/22/05 08:43 PM
Or just buy one set of morettes that will forever set your car apart, and look fantastic.

This simply comes down to personal taste and priorities, as with just about any car mod. Some people see sense in spending 1K+ on audio equipment, others won't spend more than 100 bux on their sound system. If you're one of the people that's been waiting years for an OEM type Morette light, this is your salvation. If you're someone who doesn't care about morette's, and doesn't want to spend the extra dough for some different headlights, then don't.

They make the prices, we respond buy purchasing or not purchasing based on our need for the product. Simple as that, nothing we can do to change it.
Posted By: R_G Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/22/05 09:31 PM
Originally posted by PlatoSVT:
Or just buy one set of morettes that will forever set your car apart, and look fantastic.

Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/22/05 11:24 PM

Well im hopeing they are projectors, If they are im in if not then im out.

I really hope they do keep it 9006s but im almost 100% it wont be.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/23/05 12:15 AM
I am going to start saving now!
Posted By: m!key Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/23/05 03:29 AM
news coming very soon. i wish i had read my emails over the weekend at SZ.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/23/05 06:52 PM
i really can't waite mike, thanks very much for taking this on for all of us.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/23/05 07:03 PM
yes for doing this your name will be remembered in the jedi order,oops i ment the ceg fraternal order.hahahaha you de man mikey
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/23/05 10:06 PM
I just hope i can afford em!
Posted By: m!key Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/23/05 10:09 PM
patrick emailed me this today about the projector questions...

We will make the lights DOT certifiable, I'm believe that we will not be able to put projectors in the lights and have them DOT, But I will find out for sure.

so that is a little more info about the lights and such. look for some substantial updates in the next 3 weeks. please start saving now so when they do start production we can buy up a lot of sets of these.
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/23/05 10:25 PM

We will make the lights DOT certifiable, I'm believe that we will not be able to put projectors in the lights and have them DOT, But I will find out for sure.

No projectors? Looking a bit more affodable now
Posted By: tropictour Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/23/05 10:27 PM
Projectors or not I want a set!
-tropictour
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/23/05 10:34 PM
me too but what about HID'S they are dot legal
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/24/05 12:47 AM

so that is a little more info about the lights and such. look for some substantial updates in the next 3 weeks. please start saving now so when they do start production we can buy up a lot of sets of these.

Would they consider making both DOT certifiable and non certifiable lights? (ie regular halogen and projectors).... You know for "off road use"....
Posted By: m!key Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/24/05 03:30 AM
one more update from patrick...
ââ?¬Å?We are still in the final process of getting the lights designed. We are going to do the test fit in early June. After the test fit, we have to create two prototypes for the DOT Certification. It is going to take a little time, I wish I could tell you how long, but sense this is the first time we are doing this, I have no frame of reference.ââ?¬Â

so that is kinda up to the minute on the development of the lights. you guys know just as much as i do so your questions will be answered as the time approaches. thanks for all of your interest in these.
Posted By: tropictour Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/24/05 04:32 AM
Sweet! Keep the updates coming.
-tropictour
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/24/05 11:54 PM
Thanks for the updates mikey
Posted By: R_G Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/25/05 12:31 AM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:
Thanks for the updates mikey

Posted By: m!key Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/25/05 10:05 PM

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/25/05 10:16 PM
WHAT THE!!!!! WHAAA!?!?!?! 8==========D

DAAAAAAMN! Is that an update? Or is that the set you purchased a while back? I already had a NARB here at work, and this isn't helping!!

Mark
Posted By: m!key Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/25/05 10:23 PM
those are our babies.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/25/05 10:32 PM
When will these be ready. What are they made of and can they be taken apart for paint?
Posted By: m!key Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/25/05 10:39 PM
hopefully we will find out soon.
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/25/05 10:57 PM
OMG!!!
Those aren't angel eyes on the low beam side are they?
Ahhh who cares!!!! I am so in! My wife is gonna spank me!
Again....WHO CARES!
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/25/05 10:59 PM
One more thang... What kind of bubls are they gonna use? I couldn't tell in that pic..since I know NOTHING of lighting.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/25/05 11:10 PM
they look like the factory bulbs...9006 i think
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/25/05 11:16 PM
Dear lord.......
Posted By: Quick_SVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/25/05 11:53 PM
Sick, fuggin sick!!!! where do i make my check out too?
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 12:14 AM
oooo

WE GOTTA CELEBRATE!!!!
Posted By: tropictour Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 02:12 AM
OMG!!!
-tropictour
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 02:21 AM
THOSE LOOK AWESOME

Wait a minute, what did you guys say these things were gonna cost.....
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 02:29 AM
Huge props for mikey boy getting this on a roll!

WELL DONE!
Posted By: Aspire Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 02:53 AM
The only question now is when can we hand over our money for these lights
Posted By: tropictour Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 04:40 AM
Originally posted by 98_HO_Contour:
THOSE LOOK AWESOME

Wait a minute, what did you guys say these things were gonna cost.....

One Meeeeellion Dollars!
-tropictour
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 04:43 AM
do you have any idea if there is going to be any kind of warranty against breakage on those lenses? with the way i go through windsheilds in colorado, i would be scared with those things. maybe they will just be my "show" lights.
Posted By: m!key Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 04:46 AM
warranty? warranty? now how am i supposed to know that?
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 05:04 AM
i dont know
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 05:16 AM
Wow Mikey these guys don't mess around. Is the one light a Halo? Kind of looks like it.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 05:21 AM
can we please please please use headlights with halos?!?!?!?! bmw isnt gonna have ish on us!

another option, if its possible. if those lights are a "standard" size, do you think it would be possible to get the headlight "frame" without the light so we can add whatever we want? halos, projectors, whats in there, or any combination of those? that would also be an option for those with less $$$. get the frame, and add the lights, like the hella projectors everyone uses, later, when you have more $$$.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 05:34 AM
Damnit kingpin!!! mikeyboy is only one man!!!

Lol, you certainly are asking quite a bit of him. He's working as hard as he can, as fast as he can, just ask calmly and I'm sure mikey boy will be happy to ask morette for ya.

P.S. Since I stuck up for mikeyboy, do I get a discount?
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 05:42 AM
psshhh, me and mikey are toight, [censored]! im just tossing out ideas, not demanding them. i realize they are in pre-production and we know as much as he does. these are just questions that can be addressed if the need is there before the final word is layed out. thats all regardless of the final say, i can say im about 90% certain you will see my svt sportin' these at some point in the future.

you should be backing me up, cause those CO rocks are gonna get you too!

im sorry, im on summer vacation right now, and dont have a job yet. ive got too much time to spend on CEG!
Posted By: TheFordGuy Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 06:46 AM
No matter how these turn out I'm in!

Greg
Posted By: m!key Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 12:32 PM
i am not doing any work really. the people you have to thank are patrick and harold from morette and morette usa respectively. they have been great with all of the updates and answers to questions. all i did was email them and send them a set of lights.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 01:39 PM
Thanks for the work on this Mike.

And FTLOG - NO HALOS.
Posted By: tropictour Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 02:57 PM
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
Thanks for the work on this Mike.

And FTLOG - NO HALOS.

Im glad someone said it.
-tropictour
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 03:03 PM
i personaly dont care either way i want them, but i think HID's would be best. shoot i will rock them if there is a candle you have to light inside them for the light.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 03:06 PM
i personaly dont care either way i want them, but i think HID's would be best. shoot i will rock them if there is a candle you have to light inside them for the light.

Ditto
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 03:31 PM
Long as I don't take the lights up snowboarding, I'll be fine. It's those damn sand/gravel highways in the winter that kill my front end/oval. But either way, I'm saving up for these now, and I'll be getting them ASAP!
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 05:19 PM
u the man mikey boy.....once their ready to buy i so wanna be in money permiting

Wesley
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 05:22 PM
At the same time...why didnt someone call and send a set of headlights 5 years ago!
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 05:50 PM
I have a question.... Will we be buying these through Morette USA? Or will we be getting them through a "middle man" like Mikey? Another question, I can't tell from the pics, but will the hood "over lap" the top edge of the housing? (kinda hard to explain what I mean) or will it be flush?
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 06:40 PM
Flush and directly thru morette...unless we wanna give our money to adam prewitt
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 08:11 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziF�³sh�³:
Flush and directly thru morette...unless we wanna give our money to adam prewitt

I take it he made some "Morettes" that were uh.....poopy?
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 08:41 PM
Holy Crap!! Wow... just amazing.

My only problem will be trying to sell my Quad Projector headlights.
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 09:25 PM
Originally posted by LilStrypedSVT:

LMAO! Like THAT is gonna be tough! Sheesh!
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 09:32 PM
exactly, i will buy them and the morette's and have 4 different style
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 09:34 PM
yes yes, I know. Ponder smiley was my sarcasm" smiley, lol.
Posted By: amarv12_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 10:21 PM

I think I'd have to smack you silly if you did that.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 10:26 PM
no no he is smart for selling them....the smartest man alive,,,i will sacrafice and buy them from you man,,,yeah yeah i will take one for the team brother
Posted By: m!key Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 11:12 PM
back on topic...i just got off the phone with patrick from morette usa. he likes how excited everyone is about these lights. morette usa just started up in november of last year as an outlet for morette products on this side of the pond.

i am writing down your questions, except for the dumb ones , and will give it to patrick and see if he cant get you some answers. as of now you know almost as much as i do and there is more to come soon. who has started saving?
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 11:48 PM
not me
Posted By: R_G Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/26/05 11:52 PM
who has started saving?

Me, won't take long (knock, knock on the wood)
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/27/05 12:43 AM
who has started saving?

Save? Pshhhhhh... Chase Platinum..... God my wife hates when I say stuff like that!
Posted By: TheFordGuy Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/27/05 12:45 AM
Originally posted by R_G:
who has started saving?

Me, won't take long (knock, knock on the wood)

Me too!

Greg
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/27/05 01:03 AM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I have 1,100 sitting on my desk right now just for a situation like this. Of course I'm not going to shell it all out for these, but I'm ready to snatch a pair up as soon as they comeon the market...
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/27/05 01:30 AM

yeah chad, you know what's up with those...
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/27/05 01:51 AM
Originally posted by SVT Bananas:

I'd say keep em. They're unique.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/27/05 02:21 AM
Originally posted by SVT Bananas:

I'd say keep em. They're unique.

Yeah.. I do agree with ya Pete. NOt like I can't swap themin and out. I REALLY want to get these lights.. regardless of the quads. . Well, guess we'll see when the cash money price comes out.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/27/05 02:24 AM
i'll take the projectors....free
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/27/05 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

Ahh... eat it goonzy!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/27/05 02:33 AM

Ahh... eat it goonzy!

Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/27/05 05:26 AM
dont get rid of your projectors!!!! that would be really dumb, IMHO, since they are worth a ton, look great, and you will never ever get them back if you decide you want them later!

mikey, as i said at SZ, i dont need to save. i have credit! ill pay those babies off $20 a month for the rest of my life
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/27/05 08:56 AM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

mikey, as i said at SZ, i dont need to save. i have credit! ill pay those babies off $20 a month for the rest of my life

Nice to see that I'm not the only one willing to pay for these lights.....with interest!
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/27/05 11:36 AM

Nice to see that I'm not the only one willing to pay for these lights.....with interest!

HAhahaha, me to!!
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/27/05 01:05 PM
yes after the 1st i am going to start saving, when these are out i wanna get em like now.....
Posted By: Pienstars Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/27/05 03:04 PM
Count me in for a set.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/27/05 03:04 PM

No projectors? Looking a bit more affodable now

Hmmm, possibly two sets for me...
Posted By: tropictour Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/28/05 12:46 AM

HAhahaha, me to!!

Definitely going to be worth the cash.
-tropictour
Posted By: CoolBlackSE99 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/28/05 03:45 AM

AMAZING!!!

I hope they don't go over $600-$700...
Posted By: Frosty Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/28/05 05:05 AM
Damn mikey, those look sweet. Nice work on getting this set up. I would love to have them, but my budget will only go so far I'm gonna start saving now and hopefully when these come out i'll have enough!
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/28/05 08:46 PM
Judging from those pictures, I say with great certainty that I would be able to retrofit them with Projectors....

Heck, if they come out that good, I will buy them and do my own Projector version then... LOL

Posted By: wontgrowup_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/29/05 02:15 PM
Sorry I'm coming in towards the end of this thread....how much is the projected price and can you have the projector lamps retrofitted onto these?
Posted By: m!key Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/29/05 04:22 PM
dont know and dont know so in other words the price range is $.01 - $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000... and if you want to do something to them yourself that is up to you.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/30/05 04:41 AM
I wonder what type of bulb the low beams will take, cause maybe if I buy a pair I might have to get the proper HID bulb for it
Posted By: DopePope Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/30/05 04:47 AM
is this to be a one time thing, or will they have these for a long time to come? sorry if i missed the answer up there, i looked. In the first post it says this isn't to be a group buy, so im assuming they will just be producing these and will have them in the future.
Posted By: wontgrowup_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/30/05 12:58 PM
Wow.....you do pricing for the Government too, don't ya??
The 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 I think is also the price of a tiolet seat in a B-52's bathroom. Thanks for the reply, I wasn't sure....willl keep looking for them. Anything has to be better than the crappy stock housings we are stuck with
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/30/05 07:56 PM
It's just that people keep asking Mike for the price and he said like a million times that he does not know. I mean, read the whole damn thread people.
Posted By: Swazo Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/30/05 08:41 PM
Mikey, can bare housings be purchased?
Posted By: m!key Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/30/05 08:59 PM
i dont know. there will be a huge update on the 9th-10th. some of your questions will probably be answered then.
Posted By: R_G Re: morettes-post 98 - 05/31/05 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
and he said like a million times that he does not know.

Posted By: m!key Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/01/05 01:47 AM
one thing i do know, is that there will be pics up late on the 9th of the morettes on a silver frost contour svt. 10 days i cannot wait!
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/01/05 01:51 AM
*Giggles with excitement!*
Posted By: CoolBlackSE99 Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/01/05 03:03 AM
Originally posted by PlatoSVT:
*Giggles with excitement!*

Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/01/05 04:34 AM
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
It's just that people keep asking Mike for the price and he said like a million times that he does not know. I mean, read the whole damn thread people.

Ya want me to break his legs boss???

Hey Mike, I cant wait to see these in person!!!
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/02/05 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Bk4293:

Ya want me to break his legs boss???

Hah, he's is alright. There are a few other subjects that I need your services with...
Posted By: IonNinja Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/02/05 12:56 AM
way to look out for the pre98s Mikeyboy...traitor!!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/02/05 02:51 AM
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
way to look out for the pre98s Mikeyboy...traitor!!

Not to be a D!ck but the Pre 98s are a rare breed...not many left and maybe 3 on CEG that would spend the money on those. SOmeone from AZ or CA did his own fab up...talk to him.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/02/05 03:17 AM
utah (exdelayed)

edit: and wherever plastixsynthetics is (or however he spells his name). i think he is in cali.
Posted By: Sl33stak Morette website - 06/02/05 08:16 PM
Sweet! Ya go to the Morette website and in the NEWS banner they mention our new lights!!! W00T!!!!!!!!!!!

New products for USA : Headlights for Dodge Neon and Ford Contour.. Will see you at the SEMA in Vegas
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Morette website - 06/02/05 08:22 PM
hells yeah i just looked at it, i think ours are gonna look alot like the mondeo 2's which will look good imo.
Posted By: Aspire Re: Morette website - 06/02/05 08:24 PM
What is the website address???
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/02/05 08:26 PM
Cough
Posted By: Aspire Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/02/05 08:26 PM
DOH!
Posted By: m!key Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/02/05 08:57 PM
wow! now thats what i am talking about! just how awesome is this?
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/03/05 06:53 AM

oh man I'm excited!!!
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/03/05 03:23 PM

oh man I'm excited!!!

Can't wait
Posted By: morbid Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/03/05 05:21 PM
I used to be a patient person until the latest aussie bar gb... I want these babies now!
Posted By: Tourgasm Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/03/05 06:14 PM
My heart started beating real fast when I first saw these. At first I thought they were a bit to expensive but now I've come to my senses and realized how much I NEED THEM!!! I have an almost brand new set of Keystones I'll be selling once I get the moretts. I'm so friggin excited FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/03/05 06:17 PM
i know i know i want these soooooo bad
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/03/05 06:48 PM
I didn't see any prices for the Mondeo lights or nuttin'. How much are a set of Morettes? $50? $80?
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/03/05 07:01 PM
�£332.95 ford the mk2 (98+) convert that to US currency and you have your total. I guess the price for the morettes that will fit the contour will be similar. Maybe a bit higher.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/03/05 09:05 PM
If that is GB pounds, it calcs out at $603 & change US...

No frenchman is getting that much of my money.
Posted By: bigMoneyRacing_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/03/05 09:07 PM
GD didn't we cover cost several pages ago? And several pages before that too?
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/03/05 09:09 PM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

No frenchman is getting that much of my money.

Hooo-ah! Freedom Fries!
Posted By: wontgrowup_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/04/05 12:41 AM
Wow! Very nice!! ANYTHING is better than the crappy light pattern that our stock lights throw!!! The light must be VERY crisp and focused with those lenses
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/04/05 02:58 AM
I'd pay $600..but they sure as hell better look like $600 on my car...

just curious, what will be the bulb number for the lows..the same 9006?
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/04/05 04:44 AM
I'd pay $600..but they sure as hell better look like $600 on my car...

just curious, what will be the bulb number for the lows..the same 9006?

Nope they are gonna change it just to screw you goonz

Posted By: R_G Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/04/05 05:05 AM
Posted By: m!key Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/04/05 05:22 AM
i dont know. man those keys are starting to wear out on my keyboard.
Posted By: Plastique_synthetiX_dup1 Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/04/05 12:10 PM
Well, my Morettes are H4 dipped beam and H1 main beam.......
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/04/05 02:23 PM
GD didn't we cover cost several pages ago? And several pages before that too?

All I've seen is guesses and conjecture. No hard or even soft numbers from anybody actually involved with the project.
Posted By: m!key Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/04/05 03:33 PM
thats because nobody knows yet.

look for some more info and pics of the units on the contour on thursday night.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/04/05 03:45 PM
i dont know. man those keys are starting to wear out on my keyboard.

thats because nobody knows yet.

LOL!
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/05/05 02:55 AM

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/05/05 06:17 AM

I was just curious because those of us with HID's are pretty mush screwed cause getting an HID bulb to fit in there will be somthin! but then again we dont know what bulb it really is till thursday
Posted By: djdanyloz Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/05/05 03:02 PM
Has anyone ever tried to mold these into the fender so they just flow perfectly?

Just an idea
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/05/05 04:43 PM

I was just curious because those of us with HID's are pretty mush screwed cause getting an HID bulb to fit in there will be somthin! but then again we dont know what bulb it really is till thursday

Look at these pics...those are the 9006's or whatever or car takes...but it doesnt have the reflector so these would be/could be bright as He11.

Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/05/05 04:54 PM

Look at these pics...those are the 9006's or whatever or car takes...but it doesnt have the reflector so these would be/could be bright as He11.

Are you sure pete because the main bulb looks like an "h" series buld because of a metal base, Like an H4 main and the high beam looks like an H1 bulb.
Posted By: SAV Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/05/05 07:00 PM
Man, I'd be all over these if I still had mine.

Anyone feel like fabbing up a pair for a Sedona? I'll donate mine for free.

-SAV
Posted By: m!key Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/05/05 11:42 PM
harold the rep from morette france is flying in thursday to chicago o'hare where patrick rep from morette usa will be picking him up. they will then drive and check into their hotel here and come over to do the test fitting.

i will get some video and a lot of pics for everyone to see. after they do the test fitting on my svt then they will be test fitting a pair of neon morettes on my friends srt-4.

it will be great to finally meet these two guys that i have been talking to for the last few months and to thank them personally for all of the work they have been doing for us. i have printed out some questions that you guys have asked and will try to get them answered as best i can. so look for pics and more information on the morettes thursday afternoon/night. i will get the pics up as fast as i can.
Posted By: R_G Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/06/05 01:49 AM
Cool! Bon Voyage to Harold
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/06/05 02:52 AM
Cool! Bon Voyage to Harold

Posted By: tropictour Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/06/05 03:23 AM
woot! woot!
-tropictour
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/06/05 05:14 AM
harold the rep from morette france is flying in thursday to chicago o'hare where patrick rep from morette usa will be picking him up. they will then drive and check into their hotel here and come over to do the test fitting.

i will get some video and a lot of pics for everyone to see. after they do the test fitting on my svt then they will be test fitting a pair of neon morettes on my friends srt-4.

it will be great to finally meet these two guys that i have been talking to for the last few months and to thank them personally for all of the work they have been doing for us. i have printed out some questions that you guys have asked and will try to get them answered as best i can. so look for pics and more information on the morettes thursday afternoon/night. i will get the pics up as fast as i can.

I mean all I can really say is that I'm honestly impressed.....

To get a major company like Morette to do something for a dead application such as ours is really REALLY hard to come by.....

I don't know what you did, but mikey boy should get like some sort of CEG award or something....
Posted By: m!key Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/06/05 12:43 PM
thanks. a little "please" and "thank you" goes a long way.
Posted By: Rance Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/06/05 02:16 PM
thank you
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/06/05 02:45 PM

"PLease" give me a free set of lights. "Thank you." Did that work, Mikey?
Posted By: parkedcar Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/06/05 02:46 PM
Thank you please mikey!
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/06/05 02:56 PM

"PLease" give me a free set of lights. "Thank you." Did that work, Mikey?

he already has nice lights.....i dont.....so please mikey..
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/06/05 02:57 PM
Hmm.. okay your right.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/06/05 03:23 PM
Thanks Mikey.

Aaron
Posted By: R_G Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/06/05 03:42 PM
Originally posted by NVS SVT:
Thanks Mikey.

Posted By: Swazo Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/06/05 03:49 PM
Originally posted by NVS SVT:
Thanks Mikey.

Posted By: m!key Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/06/05 03:53 PM
ok stop now. dont thank me. thank harold and patrick and really the biggest thank you will be buying a set of these from them.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/06/05 04:01 PM
ok stop now. dont thank me. thank harold and patrick and really the biggest thank you will be buying a set of these from them.

Harold and Patrick??? What kind of European names are those??
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/06/05 04:44 PM

Harold and Patrick??? What kind of European names are those??

Mikey are you gonna take them to White Castle?
Posted By: m!key Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/06/05 04:47 PM
haha, no white castle here.
Posted By: 303GreenDestiny Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/06/05 06:46 PM
thanks mikey
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/06/05 11:00 PM
Originally posted by 303GreenDestiny:
thanks mikey

if I can pull the money out of my ass I'll buy some. Home remodeling is kicking my ass er wallet
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/08/05 07:48 PM
Tic Toc Tic Toc Tic Toc Tic Toc

These'll make a nice B-day present for myself.
Posted By: Tourgasm Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/09/05 12:38 PM
So from what I gather, these will be fitted today? will this be the first day we ever see a set of morettes on a Contour? Morettes that were actually designed for a contour? I just pooped.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/09/05 12:41 PM
That would be it!
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/09/05 12:48 PM
Originally posted by SILFROSvT98:
So from what I gather, these will be fitted today? will this be the first day we ever see a set of morettes on a Contour? Morettes that were actually designed for a contour? I just pooped.

LOL! He pooped...Man I love that word! Kids have to coolest words to use, when you grow up for some reason it's not acceptable to say things like poop, unless yer a freak like me I spose.
Posted By: m!key Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/09/05 12:49 PM
Greetings Mike,
We are on the way. I�m very excited about making the trip.

If all goes well, we will be in around -1:30- 2:00. I�m looking forward to meeting you.

Best Regards

Patrick.,

Posted By: Sl33stak Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/09/05 12:51 PM
Greetings Mike,
We are on the way. I�m very excited about making the trip.

If all goes well, we will be in around -1:30- 2:00. I�m looking forward to meeting you.

Best Regards

Patrick.,

D@MN!!!! Now I POOPED.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/09/05 01:20 PM
Damnit Mike, now it stinks in here.

Sorry Mike, can't make it to your "shin-dig". Too busy at work to leave early. Take LOTS of picks.. Morettes + painted sil-fro + my hot ass ride = sweet!
Posted By: Quick_SVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/09/05 02:21 PM
I can't friggin wait!!!!
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/09/05 02:43 PM
me either, i want this now. then the outside wont even resemble a stock csvt with all the body mods i have done. I WANT THESE LIGHTS but i will be patient,what other choice do i have!
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/09/05 04:55 PM
It's 12:56...am I too early!?!?!?!?!?!
Posted By: Quick_SVT Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/09/05 05:35 PM
I'm glued to the screen till i get off @ 4:00pm
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/09/05 05:45 PM
Wish they woulda been doin it at MY house, I woulda had the laptop outside with the webcam hooked up, and just streamed it for everyone!

I'm such a nerd!
Baaahahahahaaaa Fooled you all!

Nerd or not... it'd be like porno for us on CEG. *sigh--looks at watch*
that aint cool man you had me scrambling to click fast as i can to see them.....damn you, go to the corner
that aint cool man you had me scrambling to click fast as i can to see them.....damn you, go to the corner

yes sir...

Did you have a colliding accident with a soft drink or beverage that got in the way in route of the mouse?!
maybe so hehehehehe i think we all know who is on the boards all day long looking for new things like this, there are quite a few of us lerkers and post whores. i despritly want to see those lights on the car. so back in the corner for another 3 minuites.

maybe so hehehehehe i think we all know who is on the boards all day long looking for new things like this, there are quite a few of us lerkers and post whores. i despritly want to see those lights on the car. so back in the corner for another 3 minuites.

WELL... I already have cool headlgihts.. so let me have my fun, lol. . Okay I lied, so i want these and my cars all silver frosty and stuff... it's like harmony.. a must. *tic tok tic*

....hello... mike... Freedom Fry dudes... any one??
Originally posted by NewPowerRadio:

Bahahahaa... guess I deserve that.
I wonder if this will turn into the biggest thread ever on CEG? An ya didn't fool me, well, not that I would admit it anyways!
Oh, I was wonderin....ya think Morette is gonna hook Mikey up with a free set? They should, cuz thnx to him they are gonna make a pretty penny off these lights.
Oh, I was wonderin....ya think Morette is gonna hook Mikey up with a free set? They should, cuz thnx to him they are gonna make a pretty penny off these lights.

I was just thinking the same thing. I mean.. they are painting them sivler forst. That little [censored]... I hate Mikey, now.
We hate him...and yet we like him (yes I have trouble saying I love another guy----LOL!)

Lucky Bastid!
I wonder if this will turn into the biggest thread ever on CEG?

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=southcentral&Number=817289&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=all

probably not.
is it 1-3pm yet?
Originally posted by morbid:
is it 1-3pm yet?

Inour "normal people" neck of the woods... it's 1:21PM at Mikeys (2:21PM here)
Rabble rabble, I want headlights
Something tells me Mikey isn't going to just up and disappear to his computer to upload a few pics, while he has 2 guests(one from Phoenix and one from FRANCE!!) at his home. I could be wrong, but I'd look for pics a little later tonight.

Mark
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Something tells me Mikey isn't going to just up and disappear to his computer to upload a few pics, while he has 2 guests(one from Phoenix and one from FRANCE!!) at his home. I could be wrong, but I'd look for pics a little later tonight.

Mark

Ahhh Phooey on you! LOL, I can imagine he's pretty busy.
yeah i bet he is busy, but thats all good, he is the man for setting this up
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/10/05 12:12 AM
yeah i bet he is busy, but thats all good, he is the man for setting this up

Let's put things back in perspective and let the real man change the title when it happens.
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/10/05 01:30 AM
Mikey? Hey......anyone seen Mikey? Prolly sippin champagne droolin over his new lights! Bastid!
Posted By: m!key Re: Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/10/05 01:31 AM

see new thread.
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/10/05 01:33 AM
W00tness!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: TGO Re: Re: morettes-post 98 - 06/10/05 02:24 AM
Holy fuggin' schlitz!!!

How the hell did i miss this entire thread!!!

The pics in the other thread are the most beautiful thing i've ever seen!

Those lights + norcal CF hood =

I don't care how much they cost - I'm in!!

I'm IN!I'm IN!I'm IN!I'm IN!I'm IN!I'm IN!I'm IN!I'm IN!I'm IN!I'm IN!I'm IN!I'm IN!I'm IN!I'm IN!I'm IN!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, and everyone that's worried about HID, there's definitley conversion kits available so stop worrying. The only thing you'd sacrifice are projectors, and it's really not a big deal.
© CEG Archives