Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Well, those of you that have been following my ramblings in the transaxle threads have noticed that I found out that Fidanza makes more than flywheels for our beloved Contours....they make shifters as well. After a month of "e-mail tag" with Customer Service at Fidanza, they gave me the address of a gentleman who sells their products exclusively on Ebay. I have contacted him, and he and I figured we would see what people's interest was on this GB as there was already a GB for B&M shifters. Here's a pic...I also asked about the weld on the shift ball and he claimed the weld is pretty thick, and that it isn't the "cheap" aluminum they use on other shifters...He has told me the price is 80$ shipped to anyone in the lower 48.

]

Link: Fidanza.com
cost?
Sorry, I was in the middle of editing
$80 shipped. (FYI It's in his post)

never mind...

Anyways, anyone know the reputation of this? Or how it feels? Anyone even know about this?

Yep, but I yanked the post to edit.....let's not start fighting already....this threads only 4 replies long
I posted before you made your second post. either way, I've editied my original (left the price just to add repetition of the price)

~Eric
BTW, I e-mailed him to see what applications he has in stock...right now he has 98-00 applications...not sure about Fidanza having pre-98 stuff- I guess we'll find out
WTH .. I never heard of Fidanza making shifters for the mtx75

Anybody have them ? Comment ? I want a steeda for the shorter throw, but don't want to deal with the plate and [censored] installing so I was gonna go B&M.

What's the pros/cons of this ?
i hope its not just a relabeled obx shifter...as it looks like a b&m knock off...
If it was a knock-off, then Fidanza's going to look pretty silly.....They placed me in contact with this supplier after I asked about a group buy from their Customer Service dept. It would appear that he sells their products directly from Fidanza on Ebay.....they didn't give me any other contact info for a GB. I would say e-mail Fidanza directly with any questions. I'm as curious as you are about the quality, but I feel a little more confident with a reputable name. This is just an interest check.....
Well, it looks as if there is very little interest in this interest check.....I'm trying to work something out where members can e-mail and ask for a CEG discount for the shifter if interested.....will post back when I get word from him.
Originally posted by ODC:
WTH .. I never heard of Fidanza making shifters for the mtx75

Anybody have them ? Comment ? I want a steeda for the shorter throw, but don't want to deal with the plate and [censored] installing so I was gonna go B&M.

What's the pros/cons of this ?

The plate installation with the steeda, is not hard at all. You have a 99 CSVT so it will add about 2 minutes to your install compared to the B&M.
Yeah the 2000 CSVT is the model where you go under the car to install the plate. Still waiting on scottd60 to e-mail me about the plate. The Tri-Ax just sitting here is driving me nuts.
-tropictour
Anyway....nothing like having a thread hijacked .....Ray at Ultrarev.com is the Gentleman whom you should contact for this shifter if you are interested. Just make sure you mention you saw it here on CEG or you'll be asked to pay another 25$ for shipping and other costs!!
Sorry bout that. For guys that dont want to bother with the Steeda the Fidanza seems like the cheapest "quality" shifter around. At a good price I may add too.
-tropictour
Not a problem!! BTW,

ray@ultrarev.com

Give him a try for the shifters....he also carries other Fidanza products, but you'll have to speak with him....let me know how you guys like your shifters when you get them (I'm REAL short of $$ or I'd get one myself)....my work here is done
just weird that fidanza will only sell these through some guy on ebay?
If there is one available for the pre 98 then I would be totally in, so if you find out there is one available, please let me know, because I would hate to cut and ghetto rig the one thats one there now and that price in undeniable!!!
Yeah, it is kinda weird, but, I got that info right from the source. Fidanza told me he was the cheapest distributor they have out there....E-mail Ray for specifics on applications. ray@ultrarev.com

BTW, to publicly answer a PM I recieved recently, I DO NOT work for Fidanza, nor am I related to or friends with the proprietor of Ultrarev. I figured that we could use another option that wasn't a 150$+ (No, I'm not "dissing" B&M or Steeda-they're just pricey, comparatively speaking) and wasn't a cheap POS like the OBX shifters.
Any chance in getting a short throw from fidanza (or any supplier that anyone knows) for a pre 98?? If so i think a group buy would get a great deal of interest.
Hmmmm.....i don't know.....why don't you contact Ray and ask him....he sent me a list of applications:
Quote:

Fidanza Short Throw Shifter Ford Focus 1.8L Turbo 2000

Fidanza Short Throw Shifter Ford Focus 2.0L 2000 to 4/16

Fidanza Short Throw Shifter Mercury Cougar 99-00

Fidanza Short Throw Shifter Mercury Mystique 98-00

Part# 886700

I know it will fit these, 100%

Shift knob is not included we can include a fidanza shift knob of their choice. Pictures can be found on our website.

Fidanza Shift Knob ALLEN HEAD
Part# 898130
$19.99

Fidanza Shift Knob KNUCKLE HEAD
Part# 898110
$19.99

Fidanza Shift Knob LIMELIGHT
Part# 898140
$25.00

Fidanza Shift Knob LUMINARY I
Part# 898150
$25.00

Fidanza Shift Knob LUMINARY II
Part# 898160
$25.00

Fidanza Shift Knob RED HEAD
Part# 898100
$19.99

Fidanza Shift Knob SPHERICITY
Part# 898120
$19.99

Yes just have them call in mention the groupbuy and we will sell it at that price.

Thank You,
Ray
UltraRev Inc.
68-12 Fresh Meadow Lane
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
Tel: 1-877-858-7272 / 718-445-2531
Fax: 718-445-2530
Email: ray@ultrarev.com
Web: www.UltraRev.com
M-F 10am-6pm / Sunday 11am-5pm Eastern

Originally posted by hmouta:
just weird that fidanza will only sell these through some guy on ebay?

We are actually the largest Fidanza distributor on the east coast. We sell these parts on our website and on ebay.

We have very limited stock on these short shifters so if you want one jump on this great offer and we will ship them out!

Thank You,
Ray
UltraRev Inc.
68-12 Fresh Meadow Lane
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
Tel: 1-877-858-7272 / 718-445-2531
Fax: 718-445-2530
Email: ray@ultrarev.com
Web: www.UltraRev.com
M-F 10am-6pm / Sunday 11am-5pm Eastern
So has anyone ordered one yet?
We sold many of these shifters, so far every customer has been very satisfied.

Call us toll free 1-877-858-7272 to order. Only $80 shipped these wont last long.

Paypal payments send them to ultrarev@ultrarev.com
I have NOT found anyone that can beat ultrarev's prices. Just ordered a Spec stage one and fidanza flywheel for $611.27 shipped!!!!! Almost too good to be true, great service as well.
Ultrarev is great, and the Fidanza shifter is great as well.
can anyone who has this shifter give an update. Length comapred to stock, B&M, and Steeda as well as shift feel etc. Is this a true short throw or just a "shorter" shifter?

A review on pros and cons would be great

Thanks
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I have NOT found anyone that can beat ultrarev's prices. Just ordered a Spec stage one and fidanza flywheel for $611.27 shipped!!!!!

Yep. Ordered last Mon. Came directly from Spec and arrived Thurs. They called my house to try to sell me a FW at cost. Already had one though. Looks like they are selling the FW for close to $300 if you get a clutch.
Originally posted by sjsmk1:
Any chance in getting a short throw from fidanza (or any supplier that anyone knows) for a pre 98?? If so i think a group buy would get a great deal of interest.

Why do ppl keep asking about the pre98? It's a rod shifter set up. The only way to shorten is to hack it yourself. It's not that long of a throw to begin with.
I'm glad to hear everyone is so satisfied!!!

I guess my "quest" for an inexpensive shifter has brought CEG som eother benefits....AWESOME!!! Here's the direct link for the shifter from Ray: Shifter
Wooo, free shipping to Canada as well!

Hopefully it shows up soon!
Anyone get theirs installed yet?
I've had one for a few months. It's great, one of the best mods you can do (short shifter in general). No complaints about Fidanza or Ultrarev.
Originally posted by Big_B:
No complaints about Ultrarev.

Ultrarev rocks, I cant believe how much money I saved by ordering from them!
Originally posted by gooserex:

UltraRev sent the part C.O.D. via UPS and I ended up paying $45 CAN for shipping!
Thx for the warning, I was about to buy one
Geez....that's the first negative I've heard.....could you get it without C.O.D I wonder.....

UltraRev sent the part C.O.D. via UPS and I ended up paying $45 CAN for shipping!

we sent it regular UPS ground they must of charged you brokerage fees or tarrifts
45$ for brokerage and taxes would make sense when shipped via UPS. They are VERY VERY expensive for brokerage. When ordering parts from the US to Canada, it's best to have things shipped via USPS. Canada Post only charges around 5$ for brokerage. The cost breakdown of the 45$ shoudl appear on the shipping slip glued to the package.
If it includes brokerage and taxes, I'm prolly going to buy one then. 140$ canadian for a short shifter can't be beat !
I have two questions:
1. Will the stock shift knob fit?

2. Will the reverse lock-out still work with the new shifter?
Yes and Yes!
Yes, it was $12 tax and teh rest brokerage fees, UPS is the worst for this. I always ship (when prompted for an option) USPS, I've shipped enough packages across the border to have learnt this leason already. It never occurd to me to even ask really, see as it was $80 shipped, but only in the lower 48 (my oversight). I guess in the future, give your northern customers a break and give them the USPS option as well.

Hell I got a whole crank for my 89' FZR600 through customs via USPS without paying a sent!
Not really a negative, more like a bloody shock! There is nothing wrong with the product at all, I've seen [censored] knock offs for the CSVT and broken 2 as well, the welds on the Fidanza look solid, so if this things can take my abuse, it's got my vote!
is it more comparible to the Steeda or the B&M (meaning is it a true "short throw" like the steeda...or is it a "short" in length shifter like the b&m)?
Originally posted by teamSVTour:
is it more comparible to the Steeda or the B&M (meaning is it a true "short throw" like the steeda...or is it a "short" in length shifter like the b&m)?

It's got a shorter throw on it, the axis point at the bottom is modified, the actual term for that axis fails me, but it's shorter.
thanks gooserex. Thats what I wanted to know. Is it as short of a throw as the Steeda? I'm looking to buy one and am torn btw the Steeda and the Fidanza. This price is very hard to pass up so if they are equal in shift length, it will make my decison very easy.

it is not similiar to the steeda unless you have to use a riser plate like the steeda....it wouldn't work without a plate if it was designed like the steeda.....

with that being said i assume it is more along the lines of the b&m)in which the handle is shorter)if the axis point beneath was modified it would require a plate to install on a tour.....and i haven't heard mention of a riser plate with the fidenza,so it would have to be like the b&m....
the length beneath the pivot point appears to be the same.....but as far as the feel of this shifter...it feels great and the length of the physical movements you have to make to shift gears.....its much shorter than stock......ultrarev shipped out fast and i have no complaints..this is a wonderfull gb for everyone....
-Shawn
Best part of this is.....it's going to continue until Ray runs out of shifters....no end to this "GB" until then
Ultrarev = FAST! I order the shifter on Friday about 4:30 pm and received it this afternoon.
Just ordered one today, looking forward to receiving it. Can't beat this price. And to think I almost spent about $100 more on a B&M. Saaaweeeeeet.
© CEG Archives