Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
To those who are interested in the Carbon Fiber One trunk lids with the spoiler, this is for you. If not, please don't post and look at Brian's (svtProdigy) post about a possible new trunk through him.

Carbon Fiber One will sell the first five (5) trunk lids at a discounted price of $300, without shipping. Shipping will be $160. This price is for the first five to pay, not the first five to say yes. Yes, you read this correctly, FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED. If you go to their website directly, the price is $550. After the initial five have been sold, the price will go to $400, BUT ONLY if you mention the CEG group buy. So bascially, if you're a CEG member, and mention the group buy, you will still get a discount after the first five are sold.

Please contact Bill at Carbon Fiber One by phone or by email.

Phone number is (562) 404-9877, ask for Bill and mention the CEG trunk lid GB.

Bill's email is bill@carbonfiberone.com or contact at info@carbonfiberone.com . Make sure you mention the CEG carbon fiber trunk lid GB.

They will track the number of people that call and order.

Remember, it's first come, first serve, the first five trunk lids are discounted to $300. Afterwards, it's $400 if you still mention the CEG GB. If you decide to purchase directly through their website, it's $550, no discount.

If you do not like this trunk style, once again, please turn your attention to svtProdigy's new trunk lid interest page here!

i know i am getting one, hes the oem one will look good but i am all about non-oem like with my cf cowl hood. expecialy with a black car the oem one you wouldnt even be able to tell a differance. yes thats not the point of cf but i like to do show and go
if i had a set of post98 taillights i'd be all over this trunk...too bad they did that...
Originally posted by tour96se:
if i had a set of post98 taillights i'd be all over this trunk...too bad they did that...

Just keep in mind that if they had made a 95-97 version, the owners of 98-up would have to purchase the early tail lights.
yes the old six in one hand,half a dozen in another..oh well dont want to hijack....
i have a spare rear reflector if that will sway you to buying this,,,just pay for shipping and its yours. yes its painted black though
Get me a full profile shot, so I can see how big the spoiler is.
it looks like it only comes up about 2 1/2 -3 inches which is fine by me and expecially if you have a cowl cf hood it will really set it off. i dont want the oem look, thats why i went for that hood and this trunk lid...i think its sexy
Originally posted by 303GreenDestiny:

This is the best profile shot I have right now.

Originally posted by dion:
Originally posted by 303GreenDestiny:

This is the best profile shot I have right now.

your car still is one of THE sexiest tours EVER!
damn that trunk lid is hott, i cannot wait to get the $$$ for mine then install....its gonna look hott
OK I need one of these I will email you my info. NICE WORK!
ok thats 3 of us,,,who else wants one of these beauties????
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
ok thats 3 of us,,,who else wants one of these beauties????

Unlike Brian/svtProdigy's GB, this GB is ready to roll. And technically speaking, this is not a GB. The first 5 people get the trunks for 300, after that, it is 400. You can call Carbon Fiber One right now, and place your order. The trunks are already being produced, and can be shipped immediately. There is no minimum order, as the mold has been produced already. Brian's is waiting for one more to commit, then his will roll also.
yeah i already gave bill a paypal payment today for my down payment.i love carbon fiber one ...looks like me and you will be the first to have it. i will be doing the rest on june 1st and will be shipped that day,,,damn i cant wait
someone just asked in brian's/svtprodigy's thread how well does the new trunk lid keep out water and i thought maybe you can tell us how well yours does?

if i missed the answer somewhere then i apologize in advance
There's no turnin back now. CF1 has got my money.
yes same here,,,,thats awsome
just a lil bump, plus i am sending the rest of my money for this tomorow morning, bill said about 7-10 days till i get it, damn i cant wait
Posted By: dion_dup1 Updated pics of CF1 98+ trunk WITH spoiler - 06/01/05 05:12 AM
I'm still learning how to use my new Nikon D70s!

I just got it this past Friday, but didn't have time to put it on and take pictures due to the holiday weekend and us having close friends over during that time.

From a few angles I like it some angles not as much. But with the pre-98 trunk being delayed (maybe indefinetly) I may have only this option.

Hey dion do you know if I can still get in for $300?
Ok three things:

1. Is it just me, or does that CF trunk look kind of out of place on a non black car?

2. Have all of the 5 spots been taken

3. Are there lower grade discounted trunklids that have blemishes?

I love carbon fiber just as much as the next person, but also like most college students, I am on a tight budget
Another thing...

Dion do you just detail the shi&t out of your car everytime you post us updates because that car is EXTREMELY clean

way to go
damn dion that is lookin hott. i am sending my $$$ today, looks like we will be the first to have these. and for everyone else get in on this, these things are sweet and bill over at cf1 is a great guy he will take care of you. and no they arent blemished ones for the lower price, they are just as you see on dions car.
Posted By: TGO Re: Updated pics of CF1 98+ trunk WITH spoiler - 06/01/05 03:39 PM
i think it looks great straight be behind...but fro the side/angle it looks out of place. It might grow on me though.
thats what i thought at first of the cowl cf hood till i put it on my car and got alot of awsome feedback,and i know from the quality of cf1's products this trunk lid is a must have.
i didnt think id like that, dion, that thing is b e a utiful! t-red represent
well the good thing is in about 7-10 days we will be able to see it on dion's t-red and my black one to see what it looks like on other colors. maybe some of you can get some then....
edit:::i just sent the money....yeah
Originally posted by Aspire:

Hey dion do you know if I can still get in for $300?

I have no idea if there are still spots open. I know that they've sold some, but I don't know how many. Just call to find out. Make sure you talk to Bill.

Originally posted by 98_HO_Contour:
Ok three things:

1. Is it just me, or does that CF trunk look kind of out of place on a non black car?

2. Have all of the 5 spots been taken

3. Are there lower grade discounted trunklids that have blemishes?

1. That's up to you to decide. I like it, my wife likes it because it matches the front CF hood.

2. You'll have to call, like I told Aspire.

3. You'll have to call and ask. I'm not aware of any blems as of yet.
Posted By: TGO Re: Updated pics of CF1 98+ trunk WITH spoiler - 06/02/05 02:41 AM
Originally posted by TGO:
i think it looks great straight be behind...but fro the side/angle it looks out of place. It might grow on me though.

Don't ask me what I was on making that post...dayum! Tuesday at 11:39 AM too - i was at work!!!
Originally posted by Aspire:
Another thing...

Dion do you just detail the shi&t out of your car everytime you post us updates because that car is EXTREMELY clean

way to go

Yes I do....
I just recieved mine 2 days ago. I will have some photos by this weekend probably.
damn thats 3 of us now....mine was paid for yesterday.awsome....
I still would like to know about whether this carbon fiber trunk lid allows water in, because it looks like a pretty big gap on the rear of the lid. I have 4 - 15 inch subs in the trunk and wonder how the carbon fibre would hold up to the shaking also.

Jared
I have mine installed and I don't see where rain could come in, but I am washing it today or tommorrow and will keep you updated on any leaks.
Whoa installed, how about some pictures
Originally posted by SVTweeter:
I still would like to know about whether this carbon fiber trunk lid allows water in, because it looks like a pretty big gap on the rear of the lid. I have 4 - 15 inch subs in the trunk and wonder how the carbon fibre would hold up to the shaking also.

Jared

It doesn't allow water to get in, I washed/waxed my car for those pictures on page 3, and trust me, I flooded the area, because EVERYONE that buys this trunk needs it to be water tight.

The gap is the same as a factory trunk, since it was my trunk that was used for the mold.

I assume the CF would be fine, as well as the fiberglass substructure underneath it. But I think you would be concerned with the pressure rather than the shaking.
exactly, if you dynomat it, it should be fine, mine should go out today,they had problems with thier packing materials
i'm in love ...i dont know if its dions car or the trunk on the car that i love
its both for me, some dont like the trunk but shoot i love it thats why i bought one as well. and hey look at it this way if you buy one like 3 of us have so far then you will be verry unique.
they got my payment today so i cant wait for it to show up on my door!
now thats 4 of us, awsome. ok we have dion's t-red csvt, my black csvt,who else
my black svt
cool so 2 black,1 t-red,and a t-green,now we need someone with a silver one.
So the price is now $400 plus $160 to ship? hmm...

Or did some of the first 3 not come through?

I might be ready let me know

Thanks
i am leaving wotk in 2 hours to go home and except delivery of mine,,,,,yeahhhhhhhh i cant wait
i am leaving wotk in 2 hours to go home and except delivery of mine,,,,,yeahhhhhhhh i cant wait

We need pics etc

I called bill they are way past the 3-5 initial purchase.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
hey you've had plenty of time to pick this up,install it,and post pics...whats the deal ryan????
hehehe yeah yeah i know, it got there yesterday at about 3:00 and took me a few hours to get all the gaps right and fitment perfect but damn it looks sweet now. great product and really looks good with my cf cowl hood. i will have pics posted tonight, i couldnt last night cause my son wasnt feeling well..
hehehe yeah yeah i know, it got there yesterday at about 3:00 and took me a few hours to get all the gaps right and fitment perfect but damn it looks sweet now. great product and really looks good with my cf cowl hood. i will have pics posted tonight, i couldnt last night cause my son wasnt feeling well..

Are you waiting for Chicken Wing Zing to whore it?
no i will post 1 maybe 2 sneak peak pics tonight then whore it big time at the chicken wing zing
POST PICS guys!

I wanna see what it looks like on a black SVT.

Jared
ryanblacksvt:
thank you pete, i appreciate that, and i love that quote of yours. it couldnt be more true
© CEG Archives