Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: svtProdigy CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/09/05 11:11 PM
I have made contact with Carbon Fiber one and they are interested in making a mold for me however i want. The mold will take approximately 3-4 weeks to make. Their charge for the mold is $2000 or 10 or more people with half down. I am hesitant to put down $2000 so please help me out here. We can make this trunk however we want. Let me here your ideas on the style of trunk you want.

WHAT CARBON TRUNK DO YOU WANT?!
I will take considertion on what everyone says....

Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/10/05 01:57 AM
I bet if you have them take the old one, and un-gay it, a lot of people will sign up.

For example, make the lip about half the height it is on the origional thing.
Posted By: Stazi Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/10/05 02:03 AM
No, better still make a CF version of the Pre-98 with the Pre-98 lip andh NO INNER TAILIGHTS REFLECTORS OR OTHER CRAP.

Just smooth, And I will buy!

If that is out then go post-98 WITH NO REFLECTOR.
Originally posted by Stazi:
No, better still make a CF version of the Pre-98 with the Pre-98 lip andh NO INNER TAILIGHTS REFLECTORS OR OTHER CRAP.

Just smooth, And I will buy!

Agreed!
Posted By: EuroTour Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/10/05 03:00 AM
Double agreed, and make some freakin CF mirrors already!
Originally posted by EuroTour99:

Why does everyone want carbon fiber everything? Carbon fiber is there to make lightweight and strong parts. I mean carbon fiber mirrors? thats rediculous...its all looks...which means ricer!! Some parts are understandable like a hood...but mirrors...good god, that as bad as the sail panels...next thing your going to want is carbonf iber door dings, carbon fiber license plate holder, carbon fiber door handles, etc.
Like most people on here, I liked the trunk but did not like the so-not-applicable-on-a-Contour spoiler.

If an effort was made to make the spoiler look like the Competition Package 2005 BMW M3, I bet it would be a huge hit.

So count me in if you can pull that of...
Originally posted by posthuman63t:

Why does everyone want carbon fiber everything? Carbon fiber is there to make lightweight and strong parts. I mean carbon fiber mirrors? thats rediculous...its all looks...which means ricer!! Some parts are understandable like a hood...but mirrors...good god, that as bad as the sail panels...next thing your going to want is carbonf iber door dings, carbon fiber license plate holder, carbon fiber door handles, etc.

......ricer is a state of mind...imo....i just ordered a set of cf sails today..and yes i would take a set of cf door handles..if they were real cf..and i still want a cf imrc cover...i dont think that makes me a ricer..or my car a "rice mobil"..i think some people throw that term around alittle to losely....
Posted By: SAV Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/10/05 03:43 AM
The problem with the first CF trunk wasn't that the spoiler was there so much as it was that the spoiler was TOO there.

They just have to mold it in a little better to mimick the look of the M3 and it would be a smash. All this pre-98 98+ no reflector, optional taillights rubbish is what crashed the first one. Too many people want too many things.

For Christ's sake, it's a trunk. It's not like you'll gain half a second in the quarter because of it.

-SAV
Originally posted by tour96se:

......if they were real cf..

Well, neither the hoods nor the proposed trunk are actually real carbon fiber. If it was, it would cost waaay more than 300-400 dollars...
Posted By: Harrry Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/10/05 03:53 AM
Originally posted by SAV:

For Christ's sake, it's a trunk. It's not like you'll gain half a second in the quarter because of it.

-SAV

I won't nvm i don't want it lol j/k

Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/10/05 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Quicksilver:

Well, neither the hoods nor the proposed trunk are actually real carbon fiber. If it was, it would cost waaay more than 300-400 dollars...

what do you mean? what is it made of then?
Originally posted by posthuman63t:

......ricer is a state of mind...imo....i just ordered a set of cf sails today..and yes i would take a set of cf door handles..if they were real cf..and i still want a cf imrc cover...i dont think that makes me a ricer..or my car a "rice mobil"..i think some people throw that term around alittle to losely....

All I'm saying is "carbon fiber" is used for making lightweight products that are as strong (if not stronger) than heavier and more frequently used products. That is the advantage of having it. When your more concerned on a look, compared to how it actually helps whatever...then you are a ricer.
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

Most likely fiberglass with some kind of weave looking like CF...
I'd prefer the idea of just fixing the spoiler on the current one. I would like to keep the reflecter in there. There is a 00 or so Malibu around here without the inner taillights/reflecter and it looks GAY AS HELL
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

Most likely fiberglass with some kind of weave looking like CF...

...actually they are real cf laid over fiberglass,thats why they are so cheap...a "real" hood or trunk would be cf on top of cf..
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/10/05 04:20 AM
Make it a pre-98 with inner tail lights and molded in lip spoiler and I will def buy it. That is as long as it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
Posted By: Rance Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/10/05 04:33 AM
oem style please

What are you talking about . Assuming you are talking about cf1 products. There real %100 hand laid carbon fiber, trunk,hoods,sail panels. There is a fiberglass frame underneath the hood and trunk, the frame is glued to the carbon fiber sheet. Two total seperate peices, very sturdy. Of course there is resin in there as well. I don't remember the grade or weave pattern exactly though. Sure you can make the frames of carbon as well, add about $150 to that price, realy unnecessary on a contour or any street car for that matter. Please don't get me started on the non rolled edge thing either, ask anyone who has some, and what color it turns . What would possible make you think it wasn't real.

Prodigy I highly doubt you will get any money from anyone. Best to pay up front and collect a return later.
Originally posted by livinsvt:
What would possible make you think it wasn't real.

Sorry I did not elaborate on my statement. I meant to say that the hood is not ENTIRELY made of CF...
Originally posted by livinsvt:

What are you talking about . Assuming you are talking about cf1 products. There real %100 hand laid carbon fiber, trunk,hoods,sail panels. There is a fiberglass frame underneath the hood and trunk, the frame is glued to the carbon fiber sheet. Two total seperate peices, very sturdy. Of course there is resin in there as well. I don't remember the grade or weave pattern exactly though. Sure you can make the frames of carbon as well, add about $150 to that price, realy unnecessary on a contour or any street car for that matter. Please don't get me started on the non rolled edge thing either, ask anyone who has some, and what color it turns . What would possible make you think it wasn't real.
,,,,and btw i dont appriciate being mis-quoted...i know the hoods/trunks are real cf...i was replying to the ricer comment about cf door handles...

Prodigy I highly doubt you will get any money from anyone. Best to pay up front and collect a return later.

i think i might be the only who would like this, i say 98+ with shaved inner tails and reflector. Then just add some nice round back up lights and a simple plate box. I'm not big into carbon fiber, but i would buy that
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/10/05 01:29 PM
Originally posted by RandyCSVT:
Make it a pre-98 with inner tail lights and molded in lip spoiler and I will def buy it. That is as long as it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

ditto
Posted By: Stazi Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/10/05 01:41 PM
OK let go pre-98 with lip and inner tail-lights then. NOW we need some one to photoshop a pre-98 trunk with lip in a CF pattern.

Takers?
Posted By: BigC Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/10/05 02:02 PM
I think someone should either make the 98+ or the pre-98 WITHOUT A SPOILER molded in. Lots of guys on here already have spoilers that they like and want to keep, and others would want to add a CF spoiler from a different company. In my opinion, make the pre-98 OEM trunk and offer the CF lip spoiler as an add-on.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/10/05 05:27 PM
OK let go pre-98 with lip and inner tail-lights then. NOW we need some one to photoshop a pre-98 trunk with lip in a CF pattern.

Takers?

CF1 need a photoshop of this....I was thinking pre 98 with m3 style lip...what do you guys want to do with the license plate holder? Keep it or leave it?
Posted By: Stazi Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/10/05 05:31 PM
Keep the license plate holder but NO lip unless it's the pre-98 one.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/10/05 05:54 PM

What carbon trunk do you want?

pre 98 oem carbon trunk with "no lip"
Pre 98 oem carbon trunk with lip
Post 98 oem carbon trunk with reflector "same as stock"No lip
Post 98 oem carbon trunk with reflector and lip.

If we decide to go with a lip we can all come up with designs and we can all choose one.

A post 98 with optional CF reflector insert would look nice IMHO. Also gives a clean look overall. Granted, I'm partial toward the stock design anyway so I think too much change would look a bit odd.

I don't intend to buy one since I have other costs, etc. But I thought I'd help throw out a few ideas. I would think a setup similar to this (oem with "options") would seem to be the best option to please the most people.

red reflector

CF reflector
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/10/05 06:43 PM
thanks for the help! this should definaltly help people make a decision. if you can play around with a lip and find something you like let me know thanks.

Posted By: svt4stv Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/10/05 07:10 PM
cool job Faze Away, can you, or anyone else, do one with a pre-98 trunk?

i think both post 98 pics look good to me.

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/10/05 07:40 PM
All I see is Red X's.

Mark
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
All I see is Red X's.

Mark

Yeah, seems my host went down a matter of minutes after posting them, should be back up soon.
Posted By: sjsmk1 Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/10/05 09:09 PM
I would write a check right now for a pre 98 with center lights and the lip spoiler.
Posted By: TjZ Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/10/05 09:30 PM

Faze Away's Photoshop of a 98+ with stock reflector. I love it. My .02 cents.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/10/05 09:33 PM
Not digging that look so much. Quality photoshop, just don't think I care for it.

OEM Pre 98 WITH lip spoiler!!

Mark
Posted By: TjZ Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/10/05 09:47 PM
If you get the pre 98 you have to change out your lights right?
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/10/05 10:25 PM
Is this the lip spoiler everyone wants or do you want it more like the m3 style?
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/10/05 11:54 PM
i think the pre98 lip spoiler will look better than the m3 one, especially when you get rid of what makes pre98 trunks ugly, the inner tail lights!
Posted By: TjZ Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 12:56 AM
How about that lip on a 98+ trunk? sry but I like the 98+ tails for some reason.
I've got 2 photoshops of the pre-98 done. They both have the stock taillights intact. One has the lip spoiler as an optional piece that could be attached via a thin strip of double sided adhesive, the other has the lip molded in as part of the trunk.

Nothing really seems to look right (to me) if you take the inner tails out. The overall design of the car is very "bubbly" and to suddenly cut the taillights in half just looks odd to me.

Unfortunately, my host is acting up...again. So I can't post them until my host is back up, or someone else can put them up.
Posted By: Stazi Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 01:22 PM
Originally posted by svtProdigy:
Is this the lip spoiler everyone wants or do you want it more like the m3 style?

This exact trunk in CF and I'll write a check!
This exact trunk in CF and I'll write a check!

You mean like this?

I took the license plate frame seam out to streamline it a bit.

Optional Lip Spoiler

Molded Lip Spoiler

that second pic is teh hotness!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 02:18 PM
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
that second pic is teh hotness!

No, it's a Red X..... Again

Mark
Posted By: Stazi Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Faze Away:

Optional Lip Spoiler

JIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Faze Away:

Optional Lip Spoiler

JIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Whipe your bottom lip there Stazi, it appears you've cum-belched that jizz, right back up.

Mark
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 03:11 PM
And somebody please host those pictures for Faze Away..

Mark
Posted By: SAV Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 03:16 PM
You owe me for this Mark. I want a ride in your 3.0L.

Optional lipspoiler:

Molded lipspoiler:

-SAV
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 03:21 PM
SAV, you da man!! Thanks man!! You make it to Spring Zing and you get an all expenses paid trip........ around the block with the 3.0L It may be worth it, considering I might have a little power adder installed by then!!

Mark

EDIT: The molded lip spoiler picture gives me a 8========D
Posted By: Stazi Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 03:33 PM
SAV, you da man!! Thanks man!! You make it to Spring Zing and you get an all expenses paid trip........ around the block with the 3.0L It may be worth it, considering I might have a little power adder installed by then!!

Mark

Ooh I know what you've got.........I think
Something to do with nasty snakes.
where 2 send the funds>?!?!?! that looks so badass... wonder what it'd look like on a black csvt
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 03:59 PM

Mark

Ooh I know what you've got.........I think
Something to do with nasty snakes.

It has a picture of a snake on it. But has the name of it's "poison" across the top. Hmmmmmmm

Mark
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 04:53 PM
Molded lip spoiler looks pretty cool.

Ive never been a fan of the pre 98 trunk lights, but its growing on me
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 05:40 PM

I really like this trunk...I talked with bill at CF1 and he said you "can not" bend the carbon to make the lip "additional".It has to be molded in. Let me know what you think. As for the license plate area, does everyone want to get rid of the plastic peice with the lights? does everyone want it like it is in the picture? Lights have to be incorporated some how.... we also need to have some sort of bracket for the license plate. There are two options.
1. You can buy the lights and install them your self.
2. CF1 can buy the lights and install them for an additional charge.

We would also need to send CF1 a pre-98 trunk and have the trunk test fitted with the lights on someones car.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 05:49 PM
Good job Brian.. Keep up the good work man.. I REALLY hope to see this one work out.. Should be a success!

Mark
Posted By: SAV Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 05:52 PM
I have a question Brian...and I'm not trying to rain on your parade:

How are you going to light the license plate with a CF trunklid? Are the holes going to be predrilled and the trunk wired up for that? AFAIK, it's illegal to just do without them.

-SAV
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 05:53 PM
look two posts up...

Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 05:53 PM
Should be a success!

Mark

i think this will be a much bigger success than the nascar trunk! who would have thought, after a little customer input, all they would of had to do is make a direct copy of a stock trunk! d'oh!
Posted By: Stazi Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 06:08 PM
I have a question Brian...and I'm not trying to rain on your parade:

How are you going to light the license plate with a CF trunklid? Are the holes going to be predrilled and the trunk wired up for that? AFAIK, it's illegal to just do without them.

-SAV

He didn't get rid of the mount dopey!

IT SHOULD have the cut outs inplace and then you'd transfer over your stock plate lights.

You're dreaming if you think the trunk will come with any sort of lighting - you have to transfer over you old stuff and of course source some pre-98 inner reflectors!
Posted By: svt4stv Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 06:49 PM

We would also need to send CF1 a pre-98 trunk and have the trunk test fitted with the lights on someones car.

i dont have a pre--98 trunk but i can do the test-fitting, for a nice little discount of course..
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 07:08 PM
I have a Pre98 trunk with lip spoiler but I'm assuming it would cost alot to ship it to CA.

Aaron
Posted By: svt4stv Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 07:10 PM
the cost of shipping it could be factored into the cost of development.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 07:32 PM
donations are accepted

I am working the figures out with CF1 tonight....I will keep you all posted.

If i were to put down $2000 i would have to sell 10 trunks for $660 shipped to get my money back with no profit.

If i were to sell 20 trunks i would be able to offer the price of $560 with no profit till any additional trunks sold.
I am working the final details tonight and will see what i can do for all you guys.

what do you guys think of the prices?

Posted By: svtProdigy Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 07:35 PM
Originally posted by svt4stv:
the cost of shipping it could be factored into the cost of development.

hmmmm...good idea. $2000/$160 shipping = 12.5 trunks

Good idea!
Posted By: SAV Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 07:38 PM
Originally posted by SVTatGT:
look two posts up...

His post was edited.

And I know you'd have to transfer the lights. I'm just saying that there otta be a spot to put 'em.

-SAV
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 07:39 PM
Originally posted by SVTatGT:
look two posts up...

His post was edited.

And I know you'd have to transfer the lights. I'm just saying that there otta be a spot to put 'em.

-SAV

we will have them cut out for the lights.
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 08:59 PM
$460 shipped and you have got a deal
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 09:17 PM
If you get 40 people to buy the trunk you have a deal! It "cost me" that much with out making the money for the mold back.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 09:26 PM
if we can get 80 people, im in for sure!
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/11/05 10:03 PM

I need as many people as possible at $560 shipped to make this happen. since the favorite is the pre-98 with the molded lip. that is what i will go with. Who will buy the trunk for $560 (shipped) If i get at least 10 people that are ready to buy when they are made i will make this happen. I have started a list including my self so please put your name below if you are ready to buy when trunk is finished. Oh and these edges will be rolled not cut!

1: svtprodigy
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
I CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN!
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/12/05 12:15 AM
I'm still offering my Pre98 trunk wiht lip spoiler if you want , I'm assuming if my trunk is taken I can get a discount or something on my trunk example I pay to ship my trunk to CA and I don't pay shipping on my CF trunk .

Aaron
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/12/05 12:18 AM
I want to go with the trunk with the inner tail lights because the outer tail lights look "lonely" with out them. It just seems like something is missing.

$400+$160 shipping is an awesome deal guys! lets do it!

I need as many people as possible at $560 shipped to make this happen. since the favorite is the pre-98 with the molded lip. that is what i will go with. Who will buy the trunk for $560 (shipped) If i get at least 10 people that are ready to buy when they are made i will make this happen. I have started a list including my self so please put your name below if you are ready to buy when trunk is finished. Oh and these edges will be rolled not cut!

1: svtprodigy
2: Speed Demon
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
I CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

and i can come up with money to put down on it.
...i'm lost..why do you need to make a profit ???cause you set up the gb??? plenty of people set up gb's w/o making a profit, cant you just do something for the good of ceg??...of course i didnt read every thread,so fill me in on any details i'm leaving out...yes i know you would be fronting the initial 2k bill...so 2k is all you need to recoup,correct
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/12/05 03:35 AM

That is so f'ing hot. WOW.

Assuming you get your twenty buyers, would this be available in a paintable fiberglass version?

I would suggest possibly starting a new topic with this pic in the first post with details. I'm not sure how many people are going to read all 6 pages to get this info.
Posted By: JB1 Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/12/05 04:13 AM

We would also need to have the trunk test fitted with the lights on someones car.

if i can keep it i volunteer my car for test fitting. i like it. and i apologize for being cheap.
...i'm lost..why do you need to make a profit ???cause you set up the gb??? plenty of people set up gb's w/o making a profit, cant you just do something for the good of ceg??...of course i didnt read every thread,so fill me in on any details i'm leaving out...yes i know you would be fronting the initial 2k bill...so 2k is all you need to recoup,correct

actually he is doing it for the benefit of ceg...i don't see anyone else willing to plop down $2k to get the thing rolling....and he said that he would not be making a profit until the initial first 20 were sold...why shouldn't he be able to profit a little if he is the one that will own the mold,and the one that is laying out the cash to get it in production...i don't see anything wrong with him making a little money after the initial gb goes down,it is his time and money initially getting this into production..
Posted By: JB1 Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/12/05 05:15 AM
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:
i don't see anything wrong with him making a little money after the initial gb goes down,it is his time and money initially getting this into production..

i completely agree
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/12/05 05:24 AM
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=groupbuy&Number=939140&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1

You can go here if you would like to purchase this trunk once it is finished. Projected time of sale is 6-7 weeks (estimating high) from the time that i get at the least 10 people ready to buy.
Originally posted by my csvt:
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:
i don't see anything wrong with him making a little money after the initial gb goes down,it is his time and money initially getting this into production..

i completely agree

......i'm just in a bad mood...doesnt appear i can make sz..trunk looks great...btw
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/13/05 02:42 AM
yall im very off subject with this post and my knowledge isnt great with CF so bear with me..... the rear valance( svt rear bumper thats "midnight blue" between the exhaust tips), is ther any way to cut it out and replace it with a carbon fiber peice? or any way to make it CF(shape it then cut it out then mold it back to the bumper as CF)? ...just a thought...

o and the pre 98 CF trunk ... ... its purdy...id definiatly get it..
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/13/05 01:33 PM
Originally posted by csvtjohnga:
yall im very off subject with this post and my knowledge isnt great with CF so bear with me..... the rear valance( svt rear bumper thats "midnight blue" between the exhaust tips), is ther any way to cut it out and replace it with a carbon fiber peice? or any way to make it CF(shape it then cut it out then mold it back to the bumper as CF)? ...just a thought...

o and the pre 98 CF trunk ... ... its purdy...id definiatly get it..

Midnight Blue? It's flat black actually, unless you have a black SVT, then it came painted black.

Mark
Posted By: Stazi Re: CF1 Trunk "WITH OUT SPOILER INTEREST" - 05/13/05 01:37 PM
X-Chang had one made. You can always make an overlay - but that defeats the puprose unless all you're lookinf for is the look of CF and not the wieght properties of it.
CF reflector

That one would look so nice on my black car
© CEG Archives