Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Gauging intrest on a solid poly front roll resistor. If there's enough intrest i'll fab up a jig and begin offering fronts to go with my rears .

My only concern would be NVH with both mounts filled....
Man up son. I might be interested. I have the insert. Could use MORE NVH. As if konis and GC's arent enough.
Interested, then I could have both, whenever I get around to even ordering the rear.
Originally posted by MapOfTaziF�³sh�³:
Man up son. I might be interested. I have the insert. Could use MORE NVH. As if konis and GC's arent enough.

If my solid front AL insert doesn't pan out I'll run this mount instead.
I'm interested also. Seeing that I need a rear too, might as well take a front.
Originally posted by GetLucky151:
I'm interested also. Seeing that I need a rear too, might as well take a front.

Originally posted by Bridge:

excuse my newbness, but what is NVH?
Originally posted by ymicz:
Originally posted by Bridge:

excuse my newbness, but what is NVH?

Noise
Vibration
Harshness

it's a side efect of "solid" motor mounts. it's not too bad, if you hae the radio on the vibration\noise(some things ratle) can't be heard.

Originally posted by pole120:

Noise
Vibration
Harshness

it's a side efect of "solid" motor mounts. it's not too bad, if you hae the radio on the vibration\noise(some things ratle) can't be heard.

oh, noise / vibration doesnt bother me, i like my music loud. Also i just noticed that you are in wisconsin, how long does filling these mounts take? I can't afford to have my car not driveable. Since you live in wisconsin, if it doesnt take too long to fill/harden, you think you could fill mine in person?
If you stop over at my place....you'll have a mount ready to take with you in about 2 hrs...it will not be cured enough to install(48 hrs) but is plenty hard to handle and no longer flows.

If you decided to do this inperson, which is fine with me, i can't powdercoat the housing for you...not sure if you care...but just so you know.

might as well bring your front if you're bringing the one off your car...i offer the service of filling the front: not solid poly like rear(yet), but definitly better than the ES inserts.

EDIT: just re-read your post...you do not want to install this mount prior to 48hrs of curing time so doing it in person is not your best bet, i do offer core exchanges tho.
yeh i figured there was a "cure" time, and im not worried about powdercoat. What's a core exchange? What i meant by "in person" is that i dont know much about cars and i was hoping you could show me some stuff. sorry about all these questions
not a problem, why don't you shoot me a PM and we'll talk about it there...i don't want to clog up this thread.

Pole
© CEG Archives