Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: posthuman63t B&M Short-Shifters - 04/27/05 07:54 AM
This is not a group buy. A guy on ebay is selling approx. 100 kits. The price is $150 buy it now. It's about &20 cheaper from other retailers. Here's the link...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7960236049&category=33736&sspagename=WD1V
Posted By: liquidX Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/27/05 12:36 PM
Thanks!!!! Just ordered mine.... I kinda was deterred from the high $189-$200 pricing out in the market, but with this buy and free FedEx Express, I can live with it!!! . We need more people like you out in the board. I thought I was the only one that went out to find good deals for people, but not before being criticized of selling for other companies... .

XL
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/27/05 12:44 PM
Originally posted by durateX:
Thanks!!!! Just ordered mine

Posted By: liquidX Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/27/05 12:54 PM
So I guess that only means "Group Buy" if we gang up on the dude... So far 98EA left after me and Goonz...

XL
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/27/05 12:54 PM
So I guess that only means "Group Buy" if we gang up on the dude... So far 98EA left after me and Goonz...

still..I'd take $150 over any other B&M price
Posted By: RawBurt Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/27/05 01:32 PM
I'm ordering one later today. I hope they are not all gone at about 6 oclock. I some what doubt that!

edit... So what is in the picture is what ya get?

Does it come with knob? DO you need anything else, plates... ect? Or will it come with everything needed for my 99 svt?
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/27/05 01:53 PM
yes it comes with knob and everything u need with it. I will try the new knob, however I do like the cougar knob setup with the B&M also

this off of Tony's CSVT (CSVT1214)
Posted By: RawBurt Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/27/05 01:57 PM
Thanks Goonzy, why do i remember something about needing a plate or something though?
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/27/05 01:59 PM
Originally posted by RawBurt:
Thanks Goonzy, why do i remember something about needing a plate or something though?

that was for the Steeda short throw
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/27/05 02:09 PM
Personally I don't like the original B&M knob it comes with. I like my extremely soft leather knob instead. The B&M knob will give you frostbite in the winter. It gets sooo cold, its ridiculous.

And yes, as Goonz said, only the Steeda shifter requires a plate. Not B&M.

Steeda is a true short shifter while B&M just reduces shifter throwback. But that doesn't necessarily mean the Steeda is better than the B&M. Many prefer B&M over Steeda and vice versa.
Posted By: liquidX Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/27/05 03:05 PM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Personally I don't like the original B&M knob it comes with. I like my extremely soft leather knob instead. The B&M knob will give you frostbite in the winter. It gets sooo cold, its ridiculous.

We don't have "winters" down here in Miami , so I will alternate between the B&M and my MOMO Sphere Leather

Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/27/05 04:31 PM
yeah but the summers with the b&m are just as harsh, i have a custom cugars short throw and a b&m knob and its just as bad cause it gets soo hot i litteraly have to take the knob off during work and bring it in with me so i dont burn myself on it in the summer, but that momo one wouldnt work with the reverse lockout would it?
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/27/05 04:36 PM
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
but that momo one wouldnt work with the reverse lockout would it?

MOMO makes ones that work with reverse lock out and ones that don't.

If your looking to use the reverse lock out then just shop for one that has it.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/27/05 04:38 PM
cool but to be honest i like the billett look you get with the b&m i dont have any crome or billett on the outside of my car but i plan on doing some more for the inside
Posted By: liquidX Very nice experience with the eBay guy... - 04/27/05 06:31 PM
For having little feedback that's less than stellar, this guy is not too shabby. Just dropped me this e-mail:

Hello!

I just wanted to let you know that we�ve received your payment. I�ve placed your order with the warehouse and if they�ve fixed their automated tracking e-mail system you should receive that within 2 business days (that means Monday-Friday for both the warehouse and FedEx).

For future reference to this order, your P.O.# is: 05248

If you don�t get that tracking number e-mail just drop me a line in a couple days and I should have it so that I can forward it on to you.

The auction also charged you $6.99 that wasn't necessary. I'll refund that as soon as I send this email.

Let me know if you have any problems or questions!

...the e-mail right after this was the refund from PayPal. I love it when people are honest and civil. If only everyone were to be this way...

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/27/05 07:59 PM
sweet!! I get my paycheck in my account at 12am I'm gonna buy it then
Posted By: MLuko Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/28/05 04:06 AM
www.performancecenter.com

same price.. sorry to burst ur bubble
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/28/05 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Tour4reak:

basically the same. but note: ships in 1-2 weeks. And I don't see if they offer free shipping for it either.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/28/05 04:39 AM
Originally posted by posthuman63t:

basically the same. but note: ships in 1-2 weeks. And I don't see if they offer free shipping for it either.

I said the same too
Posted By: MLuko Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/28/05 04:40 AM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

I said the same too

just incase e-bay runs out.. i dont think they will...
Posted By: liquidX Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/28/05 12:34 PM

AAAAAAANNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDD............

eBay builds me feedback
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/28/05 01:02 PM

AAAAAAANNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDD............

eBay builds me feedback

lol trure dat, plus its fun buying stuff on ebay

i juuuust bought mine, however I didn't pay him for shipping because he e-mailed me earlier telling me that I did not have to, really nice guy. hopefully I get it soon now

Posted By: RawBurt Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/28/05 02:06 PM
Did you guys paypal him?
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/28/05 02:36 PM
Did you guys paypal him?

yes I did..I just deducted $6.99 cause it said free shipping and plus he told me to do so
Posted By: CSVT985 Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/28/05 05:31 PM

And yes, as Goonz said, only the Steeda shifter requires a plate. Not B&M.

Steeda is a true short shifter while B&M just reduces shifter throwback. But that doesn't necessarily mean the Steeda is better than the B&M. Many prefer B&M over Steeda and vice versa.

And after about a year of use the "silver" starts to scratch up really bad, its starting to look bad now.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/28/05 05:53 PM
I didn't really have the funds right now after buying my wheels, but Meh... I just bought one!
Posted By: RawBurt Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/28/05 06:21 PM
GREATTTT!!! I just got an email from a guy named Graham Slaughter saying that, "The shifters do not come with the knob!" Isn't that just great, that's probably why they are 20 bucks cheaper!
Posted By: liquidX Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/28/05 06:30 PM
GREATTTT!!! I just got an email from a guy named Graham Slaughter saying that, "The shifters do not come with the knob!" Isn't that just great, that's probably why they are 20 bucks cheaper!

Now we can use our MOMO's without decisive anguish
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/28/05 06:54 PM

thats impossible!! they all come with knobs!! i'm 100% sure!!

Posted By: epattonm Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/29/05 05:45 AM
Not if they are being sold separately to increase profit...

Sure they come with it from B&M, but things can always be removed from the box. No one will know 100%, until someone gets their's in hand, from the mailman/delivery guy.

~Eric
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/30/05 06:15 AM
Inside the original box for a B&M is not just loose parts. They are sealed flat with plastic wrap to a piece of cardboard. So it just seems odd that they would open each box and cut out the knob from the plastic.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/30/05 07:00 AM
Inside the original box for a B&M is not just loose parts. They are sealed flat with plastic wrap to a piece of cardboard. So it just seems odd that they would open each box and cut out the knob from the plastic.

exactly, it would just seem very odd that they would and if they did, it will result in negative feedback because the knob part isn't mentioned in the auction

this is what the box looks like

Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/30/05 02:03 PM

i think in the last few years that has changed, but your right they use to always come with a shift knob
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/30/05 04:09 PM
Originally posted by brapple:

i think in the last few years that has changed, but your right they use to always come with a shift knob

omg if mine doesnt have one..I'll be ripsheeet!!!!

btw mine shipped out yesterday and should be here my tuesday
Posted By: liquidX Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 04/30/05 05:25 PM

Mine 2
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/01/05 04:30 AM

Mine 2

im pumped..i dont know why
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/01/05 05:44 AM
I don't know if anyone else besides Goonz with an E0 is buying one but E0s require a little trick to make the reverse lockout work after installing a B&M.

All other years AFAIK do not have this issue.

I'll post it sometime to show everyone.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/02/05 05:13 AM
Anyone considering this mod should. Its one of the single greatest things you can do to your tour....

with the Momo:

Posted By: AlwaysWorkin Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/02/05 05:29 AM
I don't know if anyone else besides Goonz with an E0 is buying one but E0s require a little trick to make the reverse lockout work after installing a B&M.

Please do. I am considering buying one but I have heard it's a biotch to install and get the reverse lockout working correctly. Any info regarding the install/"little trick" would be appreciated
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/02/05 05:31 AM
Originally posted by SVTCuervo:
Anyone considering this mod should. Its one of the single greatest things you can do to your tour....

with the Momo:

After hours of comparing the B&M with the Steeda, I decided to get the Steeda shifter. (A little more work but worth it to me)
As far as Momo? IMO...Overpriced ricer products.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/02/05 05:32 AM
Originally posted by AlwaysWorkin:

Please do. I am considering buying one but I have heard it's a biotch to install and get the reverse lockout working correctly. Any info regarding the install/"little trick" would be appreciated

If your installing it in the Tour thats in your sig, you won't need to do anything special.

This is only for E0's (early 98's).
Posted By: liquidX QTY for sale update... - 05/02/05 12:44 PM
For those of you that did not think these would last, the dude has 95EA left. And you think you will get a better deal then $150 vs $189-$200...
Posted By: RawBurt Re: QTY for sale update... - 05/02/05 01:13 PM
Noone wants them because we are getting jypped outta the knob. LOL... I dont know! I got mine.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: QTY for sale update... - 05/02/05 01:17 PM
Noone wants them because we are getting jypped outta the knob. LOL... I dont know! I got mine.

Mine comes today, I'll let u all know if it has a knob or not..it DEFINETLY should or you all will see his arse get a negative feedback
Posted By: liquidX Re: QTY for sale update... - 05/02/05 01:31 PM

Mine comes today, I'll let u all know if it has a knob or not..it DEFINETLY should or you all will see his arse get a negative feedback

Quite frankly I don't think it's about "his arse". I think it's like someone here mentioned earlier that the B & M kits might not come with knobs anymore like they used to... .

XL
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: QTY for sale update... - 05/02/05 01:41 PM

Quite frankly I don't think it's about "his arse". I think it's like someone here mentioned earlier that the B & M kits might not come with knobs anymore like they used to... .

XL

I guess so, but seriously!! they should come with knobs, this is crap..lol
Posted By: RawBurt Re: QTY for sale update... - 05/02/05 01:55 PM
Goonz and duratex, are us 3 the only ones who got these?
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: QTY for sale update... - 05/02/05 01:56 PM

I guess so

I find out today what it looks like
Posted By: liquidX Re: QTY for sale update... - 05/02/05 02:24 PM

I guess so

Lucky bastad, I get mine tomorrow
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: QTY for sale update... - 05/02/05 02:36 PM

I guess so

Lucky bastad, I get mine tomorrow

haha

http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?ascend_header=1&clienttype=dotcom&cntry_code=us&language=english&tracknumbers=709207341185

Posted By: TrumpDrewSVT Re: QTY for sale update... - 05/02/05 02:41 PM
to be totally honest, i ended up throwing away my B&M knob and put my stock on it. The stock knob is so nice. The B&M knob got hot as hell in the summer, and cold as [censored] in the winter. ill stick to my nice factory knob.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/02/05 03:03 PM
here it is

looks good so far

SON OF A...

oh well, I'll just slap on my cougar knob like CSVT1214, all that pictured in the box is what I needed right??
Posted By: liquidX Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/02/05 03:07 PM
here it is... oh well, I'll just slap on my cougar knob like CSVT1214, all that pictured in the box is what I needed right??

You whore! You just made me more antsy for mine!!! Who cares bout tha knob anyways... I will spare the branding and frost bite... besides, my MOMO will look nicer anyways .

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/02/05 03:09 PM
here it is... oh well, I'll just slap on my cougar knob like CSVT1214, all that pictured in the box is what I needed right??

You whore! You just made me more antsy for mine!!! Who cares bout tha knob anyways... I will spare the branding and frost bite... besides, my MOMO will look nicer anyways .

I also got 2 B&M decals..lol..worth 20hp each
Posted By: TrumpDrewSVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/02/05 03:23 PM
hey goonz, how long will your contour be out of commission, also, what year block is ADC hooking you up with? sorry for jacking thread lol
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/02/05 03:27 PM
Originally posted by TrumpDrewSVT:
hey goonz, how long will your contour be out of commission, also, what year block is ADC hooking you up with? sorry for jacking thread lol

my car is running fine dude, I'm just nursing it while driving it to only work and back, other then that she's fine. I'm getting a 3L shortblock, from what car, I dont know the details yet..I'll ask Rick
Posted By: mygameisplatnum Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/02/05 07:16 PM

SON OF A...

oh well, I'll just slap on my cougar knob like CSVT1214, all that pictured in the box is what I needed right??

in the upper right corner of the box it looks like there is a spot where the knob would usually sit in the box hmmmm .

It will still feel killer no matter what knob you put on though. Congrats on the new mod.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/02/05 07:35 PM
here are the picture..took me 2 hours..it was all very easy except for the dammn torx screws..jesus those were tight!!

After

The cougar knob looks sick and HOLLY CRAP!! HUUUUUGE difference while shifting!!

well worth the money
Posted By: mygameisplatnum Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/02/05 07:47 PM
haha I see you already put on one of them B&M stickers by your lighter.....that has to add like 5 extra HP on top of the shifter

Looks good. Just curious if you or anyone has driven a Contour w/ B&M vrs a Steeda and can give a side by side comparison. Like w/ alot of things Im torn between which two to get.
Posted By: liquidX Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/02/05 08:11 PM
here are the picture..took me 2 hours..it was all very easy except for the dammn torx screws..jesus those were tight!!...The cougar knob looks sick and HOLLY CRAP!! HUUUUUGE difference while shifting!!

well worth the money

You double whore!!! My shifting has improved allot lately, besides the already good shifting I have from my 8 year experience driving manual... Tomorrow, I will tear up tha streets! ...

XL
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/02/05 08:21 PM
i remember when i first installed mine, when shifting from 1 to 2 or 3 to 4, i kept trying to pull the shifter back further. i was like, wtf, why wont it go?! great mod.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/02/05 08:24 PM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
i remember when i first installed mine, when shifting from 1 to 2 or 3 to 4, i kept trying to pull the shifter back further. i was like, wtf, why wont it go?! great mod.

EXACTLY!!
Posted By: RawBurt Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/02/05 08:27 PM
Man my fu[censored]ing Echeck is still pending. I'll never get the shifter at this point. How long was shipping goonz?
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/02/05 08:48 PM
Man my fu[censored]ing Echeck is still pending. I'll never get the shifter at this point. How long was shipping goonz?

Look Here
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/02/05 09:37 PM
So does you reverse lock out work or do you need my little tweak? LOL

And also, I just noticed your seats. What the hell is up with the little cloth spots on the side of the seats? I've never seen anybody ever have that.
Posted By: tropictour Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/02/05 10:10 PM
Originally posted by mygameisplatnum:
Just curious if you or anyone has driven a Contour w/ B&M vrs a Steeda and can give a side by side comparison. Like w/ alot of things Im torn between which two to get.

I just ordered a Steeda just need to get the plate for it. Should arrive next week and Im not sure when I will have it on but I heard they are awesome.
-tropictour
Posted By: mygameisplatnum Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/02/05 10:36 PM
Originally posted by tropictour:
Just curious if you or anyone has driven a Contour w/ B&M vrs a Steeda and can give a side by side comparison. Like w/ alot of things Im torn between which two to get.

I just ordered a Steeda just need to get the plate for it. Should arrive next week and Im not sure when I will have it on but I heard they are awesome.
-tropictour

Did you order it straight from Steeda itself or did you get it somewhere else cheaper? Also where are you having a plate made for it at. I too have heard they are awesome. Very interested in purchasing one.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/02/05 11:08 PM
Originally posted by tropictour:

-tropictour

Did you order it straight from Steeda itself or did you get it somewhere else cheaper? Also where are you having a plate made for it at. I too have heard they are awesome. Very interested in purchasing one.

I ordered mine directly from steeda. I looked around for a cheaper price (only a couple sites) and it was the same price. So I went straight to the source. Those people getting a steeda and need a plate (you will need a plate) then pm scottd60. He has done the plates in former group buys and will be making mine for me. In addition...I like the steeda for many reasons, 1 being it is Ford dedicated, while B&M is universal.
Posted By: mygameisplatnum Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/02/05 11:54 PM
Just looked at the Steeda Focus page and the page and the Steeda Tri-Ax/F Short Throw Shifter for SVT Focus is $99. Is this the right shifter to get for the CSVT? Does this come w/ everything you need minus the plate? This seems very cheap.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/03/05 12:36 AM
Just looked at the Steeda Focus page and the page and the Steeda Tri-Ax/F Short Throw Shifter for SVT Focus is $99. Is this the right shifter to get for the CSVT? Does this come w/ everything you need minus the plate? This seems very cheap.

Dont buy the one for the SVT, you buy the one listed next to it for 129.99. This is the one tha is compatible with our MTX-75
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/03/05 12:56 AM

Dont buy the one for the SVT, you buy the one listed next to it for 129.99. This is the one tha is compatible with our MTX-75

almost, the Tri-Ax/F is the shifter you want, but you need a 10 mm raiser plate to make it work

without looking I bet the $130 one comes with a shift knob
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/03/05 01:17 AM
Steeda Tri-Ax/F Short Throw Shifter for 2000-Mid 02 Focus
$129.95 (w/ no knob)
$149.95 (w/ knob)

The knob is ugly so I opted for no knob.
This is the correct shifter. If you read the details below it is for the MTX-75 5-speed. Which is our tranny. And yes, we do need the plate (2 dif ones) depending on what year your car is!!
Posted By: tropictour Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/03/05 01:33 AM
Here ya go. CHeapest Ive found it.
Tri-Ax
You want the middle pivot(00-02) shifter.
The FSVT is for the 6-speed.
-tropictour
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/03/05 01:47 AM
I could have saved myself $15 ...
Posted By: mySVT_dup1 Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/03/05 04:58 AM
I recall reading something about there being a plate underneath the shift tower, that people were using as the needed spacer.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/03/05 04:59 AM
Originally posted by mySVT:
I recall reading something about there being a plate underneath the shift tower, that people were using as the needed spacer.

yupp..scotto60 somthing use to make them..
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/03/05 05:02 AM
Already mentioned the plate and the CEG'er making them. He still makes them too, just pm him.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/03/05 12:29 PM
Originally posted by mySVT:

yes, the Steeda is a true short shifter as it lengthens the potion of the shifter below the ball, to make it clear the floor on out cars you need to 10 mm plate to raise the shifter up so it can clear the floor

yes the Steeda is also taller then the B&M but it is still shorter then stock, through is real fast
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/03/05 01:23 PM
Hey XL..you get your today eh?!?

word of advice! those torx screws require a lot of muscle!!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/03/05 01:24 PM

word of advice! those torx screws require a lot of muscle!!

plus I took out my reverse lockout due to fitment problems
Posted By: liquidX Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/03/05 08:25 PM

Nothing yet, but then again it's been raining cats and dogs and the FedEx Ground truck guys must be having a nightmare out there... . Plenty of muscle here, thanks for the heads up .

XL
Posted By: liquidX GRREEEEEEAAAAATTTTT!!!!! - 05/04/05 03:01 PM
I always have my carparts shipped to my girlfriend's house because her mom works from home and there is always someone there to receive my packages. Also, most of my eBay packages come to my company's name (Logistic Solutions, Inc.), and both my GF and mom know this.

Well with my luck, my GF's grandma was staying over yesterday, and out of all the days, she decides to answer the door when my shifter came... "Logistic what??? That doesn't sound like anybody here... have a nice day!"

Good news is that I am picking it up today at the FedEx station additional to the fact that I don't have my Contour to install it onto anyway (shop) . Still sucks to get a snag when you are expecting something punctually... Oh well, I will deal with it.

XL
I always have my carparts shipped to my girlfriend's house because her mom works from home and there is always someone there to receive my packages. Also, most of my eBay packages come to my company's name (Logistic Solutions, Inc.), and both my GF and mom know this.

Well with my luck, my GF's grandma was staying over yesterday, and out of all the days, she decides to answer the door when my shifter came... "Logistic what??? That doesn't sound like anybody here... have a nice day!"

Good news is that I am picking it up today at the FedEx station additional to the fact that I don't have my Contour to install it onto anyway (shop) . Still sucks to get a snag when you are expecting something punctually... Oh well, I will deal with it.

XL

AHHAA !! thats damn funny !
Posted By: liquidX Re: GRREEEEEEAAAAATTTTT!!!!! - 05/04/05 04:07 PM
Originally posted by PÃ?â?¢WDÃ?â?°Ã?®CÃ?Ë?Ã?Æ?TMÃ?â?¬Ã?Æ?:

Tell me about it
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: GRREEEEEEAAAAATTTTT!!!!! - 05/04/05 06:10 PM

Tell me about it

haha that sucks!!

I must warn u you though, when you put the B&M in, it'll take a while for you to get use to it because its not as free moving as the stock, your gonna hafta grease the hell outa the B&M..lol
Posted By: Bill @ SigLM Re: GRREEEEEEAAAAATTTTT!!!!! - 05/04/05 06:15 PM
FWIW,

The Cougar knob is:
1S8Z-7213-BB List $57.83 CEG $43.37

Just my $.02
It had fallen victim to the hacksaw with the owner before me . Good to know I will have a true short throw soon.

Hey Goonzy, maybe you can help me with the install... Saturday work for ya?
Mine got shipped out today. Goonz, you should write up a short how to... or just some tips or something. I'm sure the install is not too complicated though.
Mine got shipped out today. Goonz, you should write up a short how to... or just some tips or something. I'm sure the install is not too complicated though.

Install is a piece of cake.. Especially with the B&M, where you won't need any kind of riser plates.. Once you get the center console out, everything is very straight forward on what needs to be removed.. You should have 4 hex bolts on top, holding everything down. Remove them and release the shift cables and the shifter should come right out. Depending on the model of shifter tower, there's either a c-clip or another form of round clip that may need to be removed.

Mark
Posted By: posthuman63t f- Steeda's service - 05/04/05 08:34 PM
Anyways...i ordered my steeda shifter last weekend, and they sent me a receipt and said before they take money out of the account, they will give me a grand total and shipping information. I've sent 2 emails to their customer service dept and have heard nothing back so I decided to cancel my order with them...Just so any of you guys who mentioned the steeda as well, I'd recommend not going through steedas website. Yea...I'm a little pissed...
Posted By: liquidX Re: f- Steeda's service - 05/04/05 08:36 PM
Anyways...i ordered my steeda shifter last weekend, and they sent me a receipt and said before they take money out of the account, they will give me a grand total and shipping information. I've sent 2 emails to their customer service dept and have heard nothing back so I decided to cancel my order with them...Just so any of you guys who mentioned the steeda as well, I'd recommend not going through steedas website. Yea...I'm a little pissed...

Should of gone B&M to begin with. This IS the B&M thread you know...
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: f- Steeda's service - 05/04/05 08:47 PM
Should of gone B&M to begin with.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAA!!!! Good one! HAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

Mark
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: f- Steeda's service - 05/04/05 08:48 PM
hey now, i started this thread!!! gimme some slack!! I compared the two and I went with the steeda because it doesn't sit as low as the B&M. I like the shifter that is a little less than stock height but will still give me short shifts like the B&M. And Steeda products are Ford only products!!!!
Posted By: liquidX Re: f- Steeda's service - 05/04/05 08:52 PM
hey now, i started this thread!!!

Helps me more!!! JK LOL I get what you mean by knuckle-scrape shifting, but when you have a MOMO knob that gives your car 12hp to go with it, it's all gravy .

XL
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: f- Steeda's service - 05/04/05 09:10 PM
sarcasm: noted Did you miss my definition of momo?

MOMO - Overpriced ricer products

Just so you don't forget.
Posted By: morbid Re: f- Steeda's service - 05/04/05 09:53 PM

Did you try calling them? I've called them a couple times, and someone always answered..... and answered all my questions.

I just ordered a steeda knob for my steeda shifter
Posted By: posthuman63t N' Stuff - 05/05/05 01:13 AM
Originally posted by morbid:

Did you try calling them? I've called them a couple times, and someone always answered..... and answered all my questions.

I just ordered a steeda knob for my steeda shifter

Right after i sent the email, i got one back from them. they said they sent out an email with my total and sent the shifter out yesterday. and that it prolly went in my spam folder. I told them my email address is a private one and there is no spam folder or blocker on it. they seemed to have no answer. Needless to say im still mad, but at least my shifter is on its way.
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: GRREEEEEEAAAAATTTTT!!!!! - 05/05/05 01:20 AM

Tell me about it

lmao at least your laughng about it,
Posted By: liquidX Got it! - 05/05/05 05:57 PM
Same vacumm blister packaging as Goonz hosted up. Sitting in my bedroom till my car comes out with all the new goodies .

XL
Cool man , not you can sit and stare at it !
Posted By: liquidX Re: Got it! - 05/05/05 06:12 PM

Major fun! Love the way the billet looks with my reflection on it!

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Got it! - 05/05/05 06:20 PM

Major fun! Love the way the billet looks with my reflection on it!

bwhahaha is that all you do with it
Posted By: liquidX Re: Got it! - 05/05/05 07:09 PM

Hehehe... funny one, I knew you would experiment now that the stick was "shorter"
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/07/05 04:44 AM
Bought mine today. Hope to have a smooth transaction, like you guys...
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/07/05 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Bought mine today. Hope to have a smooth transaction.

you will..it was flawless for me
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Got it! - 05/07/05 04:55 AM

Hehehe... funny one, I knew you would experiment now that the stick was "shorter"

ouch
Posted By: ElKy Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/07/05 01:06 PM

i was in the same boat as you.
i tried both and liked different things about each one.
so..i did the only reasonable thing i could.
i made a B&SteedaM shifter.
i cut the steeda to the same height as the B&M and now i have a real short throw shifter.
i also had the welds beefed up.
here are the pics of the one and only.
oh yeah...forget the B&M knob, i had one of my lathe guys make me a new one. but i don't have a pic of that right now.
i had SVT and my build number engraved into the top of the knob.

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/07/05 02:28 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:

Posted By: liquidX Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/07/05 09:17 PM

I definitely agree with you on this one Goonzy. Drool material indeed.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/08/05 02:00 AM

I saw it in person today at his house

x1000000
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/08/05 02:00 AM

Posted By: RawBurt Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/10/05 01:47 AM
Got my short shifter, i love it so much. The install wasnt all that bad. Except now my e brake boot doesnt clip back on
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/10/05 01:55 AM
hey- its OK that it doesnt come with a knob. get a voodoo one, i just did!

Posted By: tropictour Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/10/05 02:02 AM
What kind of shift knob is that? Looks hot.
-tropictour
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/10/05 03:53 AM
http://www.teamvoodoo.com/Voodoo/Knobs.html

pearl finish.
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/12/05 04:06 AM
Ordered last Friday and have not heard back from the guy since... Oh boy, here we go...
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/12/05 04:10 AM
Ordered last Friday and have not heard back from the guy since... Oh boy, here we go...

serious?!? he e-mailed me the next day
Posted By: RawBurt Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/12/05 12:31 PM

You most likely don't have anything to worry about. It was a very smooth transaction. Good luck though
Posted By: liquidX Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/12/05 12:49 PM

Hey Quick, he is a real stand up guy, maybe just forgot since we are all human in the end. Drop him an e-mail with your auction details and see what's up...

XL
Posted By: daaper2k05 Holy short throw batman! - 05/12/05 03:50 PM
Hey all, just got mine in the mail yesterday. Am I the only one that got the shift knob? The box was all tore up, and the plastic was tore, but everthing was there including the knob. Install was easy, and the throw is fantastically short. Love it!

Shaun
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Holy short throw batman! - 05/12/05 04:25 PM
Originally posted by daaper2k05:
Hey all, just got mine in the mail yesterday. Am I the only one that got the shift knob? The box was all tore up, and the plastic was tore, but everthing was there including the knob. Install was easy, and the throw is fantastically short. Love it!

Shaun

You ordered from the same place as everyone else? If you did, thats messed up. Lucky you.
Posted By: daaper2k05 Re: Holy short throw batman! - 05/12/05 06:46 PM
Yeah, I ordered from the guy on ebay. I did end up paying the $6.95 shipping even though it said free shipping. Maybe that's why I got the knob?? Oh well, lucky me I guess!

Shaun
Posted By: Stazi Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/12/05 07:24 PM
I have the same pearl finish voodoo, with the extra weight it helps even more for shifting.
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/13/05 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Stazi:
I have the same pearl finish voodoo, with the extra weight it helps even more for shifting.

Weight for shifting??? This coming from a man that can probably bend the shifter with his pinkie...

Anyhow, you guys were right. I emailed the guy and he apologized and gave me the tracking #s. Seconds later, the FedEx truck came to my Dealership... Hahaha, freaky!

Gonna install it this weekend.
Posted By: ElKy Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/13/05 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Stazi:

Weight for shifting??? This coming from a man that can probably bend the shifter with his pinkie...

Anyhow, you guys were right. I emailed the guy and he apologized and gave me the tracking #s. Seconds later, the FedEx truck came to my Dealership... Hahaha, freaky!

Gonna install it this weekend.

it doesnt take much to bend a B&M...
i bent my first one, but they sent me a replacement that was beefier.

my shift knob has some significant weight to it..it is stainless and weighs just over 13 ounces.
it used to weigh about 17oz untill i lightened it a little.
Posted By: liquidX Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/23/05 03:28 PM
Installed mine yesterday. I left out the reverse lockout sleeve cause I think it's gay plus the sleeve looks like something that belongs in a Nascar, not a classy SVT. Either way, the new look with my MOMO Sphere leather and feel of the short shifts is nothing short of amazing . Just have to learn how to drive all over again .
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/23/05 04:16 PM
Installed mine yesterday. I left out the reverse lockout sleeve cause I think it's gay plus the sleeve looks like something that belongs in a Nascar, not a classy SVT. Either way, the new look with my MOMO Sphere leather and feel of the short shifts is nothing short of amazing . Just have to learn how to drive all over again .

You are right about the reverse lock-out... but this weekend I was GLAD mine had it as a quick downshift into 4th on my way to SZ would have most defently been a downshift into reverse if it wasn't for the lockout. I'd think about putting it back in unless you are 110% confindent you won't do the inevitable.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/23/05 04:21 PM
|__
|...|
4...R

How can you mess that up?? 4th is straight down, its not like its complicated. Have you never driven a car without reverse lockout, becuase like 99% of cars don't have it...
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/23/05 04:25 PM
downshift.. not upshift.. meaning, from 5th gear to 4th gear. 5th gear is above reverse my friend. Cars with out reverse lockout are diffrent as you have to push the shifter over more to shift in reverse. 5th into reverse is easy to screw up... jsu tgoing off of Durate's comment about "learning how to drive" again.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/23/05 04:27 PM
ok, i see what you are saying. When i heard downshift my mind thought down (directionally) from 3rd to 4th, my bad. Ignore my post...
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/23/05 04:27 PM
Originally posted by SVTatGT:
ok, i see what you are saying. When i heard downshift my mind thought down (directionally) from 3rd to 4th, my bad. Ignore my post...

I do the same, lol. No problem!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/23/05 05:51 PM
Originally posted by ElStry-pedBanana:
5th into reverse is easy to screw up...

actually its pretty hard considering the tranny wont let you go from 5th to 4th without letting the shifter center in neutral first! go try it for yourself.

second, i love the reverse lockout. you can actually find them stock on some nicer cars. second, they keep dumbarses from doing something, well, dumb (like moving my car when they shouldnt). i have gotten a phone call from my roommate asking me how the hell to put the car in reverse! i said, you dont deserve to be behind the wheel

i also like that bit of brushed aluminum peeking out from the shift boot
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 05/23/05 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Kingpin Bananas:
Originally posted by ElStry-pedBanana:
5th into reverse is easy to screw up...

actually its pretty hard considering the tranny wont let you go from 5th to 4th without letting the shifter center in neutral first! go try it for yourself.

second, i love the reverse lockout. you can actually find them stock on some nicer cars. second, they keep dumbarses from doing something, well, dumb (like moving my car when they shouldnt). i have gotten a phone call from my roommate asking me how the hell to put the car in reverse! i said, you dont deserve to be behind the wheel

i also like that bit of brushed aluminum peeking out from the shift boot

*Run's out... removes reverse lockout*

dayum.... you're right.
Posted By: liquidX Re: Some more cheap B&Ms!!! 2 left!!! - 07/15/05 03:43 PM
Get on it...
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Some more cheap B&Ms!!! 2 left!!! - 07/17/05 04:58 PM
Originally posted by liquidX:
Get on it...

That's no special price.

$160 shipped.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Some more cheap B&Ms!!! 2 left!!! - 07/18/05 01:00 AM
Originally posted by liquidX:
Get on it...

That's no special price.

$160 shipped.

i like how they have useless pictures on their auction and only one picture that of the shifter..LOL
Posted By: B.Brattina Re: B&M Short-Shifters - 07/19/05 12:54 AM
Originally posted by SVTatGT:

haha j/k

hmm, next paycheck i believe i just may buy one off the ebay guy--
© CEG Archives