Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Swazo Extrude Hone GB- Directly through EH - 04/02/05 06:31 PM
For those who've been waiting for an Extrude Hone GB for the UIM's, here you go. I got this email from Rick @ EH in reguards to the rumor about a set price of $285 for CEGers.

"Daymon, Hello the cost of $285.00 is for a group buy of 6 0r more
intakes. I have seen tuck tape on the intakes to protect them.
Thanks,

Rick Miller
Automotive Project Manager
Extrude Hone"

I know I'm not the only one who needs to get this done. Once we have enough, I'll get supply payment info that's directly through EH.

1. Swazo
I have a friend who would do this , Is 285.00 the final price with return shipping ...Whats the HP gain if any ?
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Extrude Hone GB- Directly through EH - 04/02/05 10:32 PM
So this is the uber extrude hone and can be done again to SVT UIMs correct
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: Extrude Hone GB- Directly through EH - 04/02/05 10:51 PM
i think i should let my 3L breathe a little better, count me in!

1. Swazo
2. Russell-3L
I have a friend who would do this for sure , but i read in another GB about the same product and they said there was no HP gains at all . . ?
Posted By: Swazo Re: Extrude Hone GB- Directly through EH - 04/04/05 01:50 AM
If there was no gain to this, then I wouldn't be spending $285 for it. Gains will depend on your mods. For example, a turbo 3L w/ PnP'd heads will get more gains than a basicly stock SVT from this mod.

Originally posted by Dan Nixon:
Awhile back I got some approx CFU rates from Extrude Hone..
stock = 155 CFU
single= 170 CFU
double= 180 CFU
triple= 188-190 CFU

We also know the SVT heads were flowed at 210-215 CFU (stock is about 195)..and t.body is reportedly over 300 CFU. So the point is that even on a 2.5L the UIM may be flow limiting factor along with LIM butterflies..

Posted By: Swazo Re: Extrude Hone GB- Directly through EH - 04/04/05 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
So this is the uber extrude hone and can be done again to SVT UIMs correct

Correct, max extrude honing for $285. I don't think return shipping is included..... I will double check or if anyone knows please pipe in.
Posted By: NVSVT Extrude Hone GB- Directly through EH - 04/04/05 02:22 AM
For $285 Extrude Hone will port-match your upper intake manifold to your lower intake manifold and hone the manifold another time with a "more agressive" putty. When completed your upper intake manifold will flow approximately 190 CFM. Shipping is not included in the $285 price.
Whats the turn around time?

Will extrude hone effect my manifold if its powdercoated?
Posted By: morbid Re: Extrude Hone GB- Directly through EH - 04/04/05 11:31 PM
don't think that would matter as the SVT UIM's are all powdercoated. If you're really concerned about your finish (as I should have been), you might want to get that clear protective tape to put on the powercoated parts. I was in the last GB and my UIM had wear marks, though not that bad. Most likely was from shipping... from the UIM rubbing on their packing foam.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Extrude Hone GB- Directly through EH - 04/05/05 09:58 PM
My UIM is polished and hasn't been clear coated yet, so I HAVE to be careful with it. I was thinking about wrapping the runners/top with masking tape and cardboard. Rick pointed out that some just add duct tape on top and that has been fine.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Extrude Hone GB- Directly through EH - 04/11/05 09:57 PM
ttt

1. Swazo
2. Russell-3L

I'm calling Rick today to make sure what the turn around time is, I need to get mine back ASAP when this happens.
I'll take one for my 3L as well. I just e-mail rick miller from the extrudehone.com website and then I saw this. Count me in for one. Thanks.

Adrian
Posted By: Swazo Re: Extrude Hone GB- Directly through EH - 04/27/05 08:52 PM

1. Swazo
2. Russell-3L
3. Outlaw4shrt

I thought I'd posted this info but, turn around time for this is 2-3 weeks
© CEG Archives