Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: ArizonaDynoChip Diamond Piston Group Buy - 03/31/05 08:58 PM
We are looking at starting another group buy on Forged Diamond Pistons. Includes 6 pistons, wrist pin set, and ring set.

Complete set $690 plus $15 Shipping

Availible compression ratios: for 2.5L and 3.0L
10.5 add $20

Other compression ratios availble. Most likely would be the same price as the 10.5:1. Let me know if you guys are interested.
Posted By: DanCanuck_dup1 Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 03/31/05 09:09 PM
I'm interested. Let me do some more research and confirm.

dan
Posted By: Stazi Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 03/31/05 09:10 PM
I may be up for a 9:1 set for a 3L - not sure yet. As I'm tossing up if I should stick with my 2.5 or say screw it and go 3L.

Convince me Keith!
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 03/31/05 09:32 PM
Originally posted by ArizonaDynoChip:
We are looking at starting another group buy on Forged Diamond Pistons. Includes 6 pistons, wrist pin set, and ring set.

Complete set $690 plus $15 Shipping

Availible compression ratios: for 2.5L and 3.0L
10.5 add $20

Other compression ratios availble. Most likely would be the same price as the 10.5:1. Let me know if you guys are interested.

One week too late. I had been PM'ing Keyser about a set just after the last GB but he never really followed up on it and I just placed an order for a set of Ross pistons. I believe another person from NECO just did the same thing through my vendor.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 03/31/05 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:
I may be up for a 9:1 set for a 3L - not sure yet. As I'm tossing up if I should stick with my 2.5 or say screw it and go 3L.

Convince me Keith!

I'm not Keith, but would a swift kick in the junk at Spring Zing convince you? Or do you need the convincing before the event?

Mark
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 03/31/05 10:34 PM
I was in on the last GB and I meant to change my order last minute and didn't in time, so I have 9.5:1 3L .5mm overbore pistons and I need 8.5:1 3L .5mm overbore instead since I'm planning on a little bit more boost than originally planned. So, put me down for a set:

3L engine
8.5:1 CR
.5mm overbore
Posted By: elraido Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/01/05 02:33 AM
look at all those posts that the poster has made before. SCAM?!?!?!!?!
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/01/05 02:55 AM
Originally posted by elraido:

Are you retarded?!?!?!!?!

It's Keith/Shawn from ADC ... they make the turbo kits for the CDW-27 platform in case you fell off the earth sometime in the last 3 years
Posted By: elraido Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/01/05 03:25 AM
HOw the hell am I supposed to know who he is? The name has 3 posts to his credit and it was registered a few days ago. Classic signs of a scam....sorry if I don't know who these people are.
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/01/05 05:18 AM
HOw the hell am I supposed to know who he is? The name has 3 posts to his credit and it was registered a few days ago. Classic signs of a scam....sorry if I don't know who these people are.

If you spend enough time, or anytime on CEG looking up any performance this should be a name you know well

The name alone should tell you right there, Arizona Dyno Chip, used to be known as streetflight, i was just out there today as a matter of fact standing next to and hanging out with Keith.

~Alex
Posted By: Ronan_dup1 Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/01/05 10:29 AM

Oh I am sorry that gave me a laugh. I know you cant possibly know all the Contour tuners out there but check this out for future reference;

http://www.arizonadynochip.com/
Posted By: 303GreenDestiny Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/01/05 02:23 PM
I would like to get some, but I don't know the least bit about compression. I am planning on doing a escape 3L ovalport w/adc turbo. I want to have around 350-375hp to the wheel. Any suggestions on what I should be doing?
Posted By: Stazi Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/01/05 02:36 PM
You'd want no higher than 9:1 for a turbo application IMO.
Posted By: 303GreenDestiny Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/01/05 02:57 PM
Would lower than that be better?
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/01/05 03:58 PM
I'll give you a for instance...my old tour was at the shop 2 days ago. It's a 2.5 with 9:1 pistons and kinger heads, so the compression would be like 8.8:1. It did 325 to the wheels at 12psi with 91 octane crapoline. A 3L you can basically add 50hp to the equation would be my guess. If you have 93 octane I'd do 9:1 with or without the heads done.
Posted By: 303GreenDestiny Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/01/05 04:06 PM
Okay, then I am interested in a 9:1 compression pistons for a 3L. Thanks for the help.
Posted By: stilov Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/01/05 06:21 PM
I went 9:1 on my 3L...although it hasn't been built yet.
Posted By: ArizonaDynoChip Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/01/05 07:14 PM
I am a fan of the 8.5 or 9.0 to 1 for forced induction.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/01/05 07:22 PM
Considering my plans for this engine, I need some clarification on overbore pistons. I know that the limit is 1mm and most have done .5mm, but with all this stress and heat, I don't want to remove any more than I absolutely have to, for both strength and as to NOT increase the CR above 8.5:1. So, is a .25mm overbore possible? That would be what ... .010"???
Posted By: dutchie_dup1 Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/01/05 07:50 PM
1mm seems like a lot. .5 mm seems like a lot but then again, it depends a lot on the head design (which I am not too familiar with on these cars), particularly how close the water cooling canals are etc. I did .30 over on a 2.8 L z head...and generally that is the highest you want to go.
Posted By: ArizonaDynoChip Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/01/05 08:05 PM
.5mm over is .020 . Any further over on a 3.0L and you will have problem finding rings.
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/01/05 08:25 PM
.5mm over is .020 . Any further over on a 3.0L and you will have problem finding rings.

Ain't that the truth! I found that out the hard way on Swazo's engine doing a 1mm overbore.

Rick
Posted By: ArizonaDynoChip Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/06/05 05:00 PM
So is anyone else interested in this group buy?
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/07/05 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Buckshot77:

Ain't that the truth! I found that out the hard way on Swazo's engine doing a 1mm overbore.

Rick

i have a 1mm overbore also, i couldnt find rings so i had to have my local amchine shop get them for me!
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/07/05 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Keyser:
I'll give you a for instance...my old tour was at the shop 2 days ago. It's a 2.5 with 9:1 pistons and kinger heads, so the compression would be like 8.8:1. It did 325 to the wheels at 12psi with 91 octane crapoline. A 3L you can basically add 50hp to the equation would be my guess. If you have 93 octane I'd do 9:1 with or without the heads done.

I think it depends on a number of factors like intended use for the engine.
I made a nice spreadsheet chart to show how to pick your compression ratio and boost pressure. Feel free to download it from my website link at the bottom of the page.

For a street turbo, I'd go with 9.0 to 9.5 to 1 range. For a more drag race setup I'd probably go 8.5 to 1.

For autocross type of racing where you need to be in and out of the throttle you wouldn't want a low compression motor. You'd be decelerating and then when you needed to punch on a little throttle you wouldn't have that instant response that you are looking for.
In this case I'd suggest 9.5:1 up to stock 10:1 with a low pressure turbo application like what I run (not that I race). This is what I did: At 10:1 with 7 psi, a decent tune, a cheaper priced turbo and your basic performance mods done to intake and exhaust, you're looking at 300 wHP no sweat; on 91 octane even.
If I ordered pistons, it would be 9.5:1 for a 3L.
If you have a 2.5L and you did Kinger's heads where he also machined out the shrouding in the combustion chamber, then I'd go anywhere from 9.5:1 to 10:1. However, 12 psi with this setup is probably the limit on 93 ocatane fuel; or some fun playing with the timing using 91 oct.

Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/07/05 04:11 PM
Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by Keyser:

I think it depends on a number of factors like intended use for the engine.
I made a nice spreadsheet chart to show how to pick your compression ratio and boost pressure. Feel free to download it from my website link at the bottom of the page.

For a street turbo, I'd go with 9.0 to 9.5 to 1 range. For a more drag race setup I'd probably go 8.5 to 1.

For autocross type of racing where you need to be in and out of the throttle you wouldn't want a low compression motor. You'd be decelerating and then when you needed to punch on a little throttle you wouldn't have that instant response that you are looking for.
In this case I'd suggest 9.5:1 up to stock 10:1 with a low pressure turbo application like what I run (not that I race). This is what I did: At 10:1 with 7 psi, a decent tune, a cheaper priced turbo and your basic performance mods done to intake and exhaust, you're looking at 300 wHP no sweat; on 91 octane even.
If I ordered pistons, it would be 9.5:1 for a 3L.
If you have a 2.5L and you did Kinger's heads where he also machined out the shrouding in the combustion chamber, then I'd go anywhere from 9.5:1 to 10:1. However, 12 psi with this setup is probably the limit on 93 ocatane fuel; or some fun playing with the timing using 91 oct.

Well, my intended use is track use (road course/autocross), but since I plan on running the road course much more often and it's a 10 turn 2 mile course, I was looking for more power. The goal is 400-450 WHP ... what would you guys recommend? I will be doing the ADC T3/T4 setup. I was thinking 8.5:1 to be on the safe side when racing (also to push the car further on the dyno for [censored] and giggles). The car will be run on the street, but not too often. When runing on the track, I will be using 100 octane, so I think that I should be able to run 14+ psi on 9.0:1 without a problem right? For my street tune, 93 octane will be used and I'm looking for 325 WHP.

So, knowing my goals, what would you guys suggest ... 8.5:1 OR 9.0:1???
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/08/05 10:15 PM
Are you doing a 2.5L or a 3L?

I'd probably just go 9:1 for either engine.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/09/05 02:51 AM
3L
Posted By: DanCanuck_dup1 Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/14/05 06:10 AM
Anything further on this? What else needs, or should be done, when changing the pistons? How big a job is it?

dan
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/14/05 08:42 AM
Originally posted by fastcougar:
I was in on the last GB and I meant to change my order last minute and didn't in time, so I have 9.5:1 3L .5mm overbore pistons and I need 8.5:1 3L .5mm overbore instead since I'm planning on a little bit more boost than originally planned. So, put me down for a set:

3L engine
.5mm overbore

I am pretty sure you can Send your pistons back and have them redesign them for the compression you want. assuming from what i have heard you want lower compression so that means taking material off. Call them and see. Might save you time and money...good luck
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/14/05 01:42 PM
Originally posted by svtProdigy:

3L engine
.5mm overbore

I am pretty sure you can Send your pistons back and have them redesign them for the compression you want. assuming from what i have heard you want lower compression so that means taking material off. Call them and see. Might save you time and money...good luck

Me and a good friend are going to be doing our buildups together to save money when buying parts & aquiring services. I got started before him and got in on the first group buy. My plans for the car have changed to be track specific ... before, I had planned to running the car NA for about 1+ year(s) while I saved for the ADC kit. I have since "reallocated" some funds and have decided to do the turbo first. Since I won't need to wait, no need for the higher CR. Fortuneately for my friend, I don't have a deadline for my buildup and he does, so I am swapping my pistons/torsen for a set of Pauter rods + cash difference.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/14/05 05:10 PM
We are the only ones so far? Come on people ... this is an AWESOME price!!!

FastCougar = 3L/9:1/.5mm overbore
303GreenDestiny = 3L/9:1/no overbore specified
DanCanuck = thinking about it ... still needs to respond
Posted By: GetBooby151�© Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/14/05 06:09 PM
We are the only ones so far? Come on people ... this is an AWESOME price!!!

FastCougar = 3L/9:1/.5mm overbore
303GreenDestiny = 3L/9:1/no overbore specified
DanCanuck = thinking about it ... still needs to respond

If I had $705 and a $800 3L, I'd be in too.
Posted By: ArizonaDynoChip Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/16/05 04:21 PM
Just waiting on at least a couple more people. Let me know guys.
Posted By: EternalOne Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/16/05 05:04 PM
I was all over the last GB on these, so I don't need a set, but its a great price and I'm suprised that more ppl aren't all over this.

E1
Posted By: NVSVT Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/16/05 07:32 PM
Originally posted by EternalOne:
I was all over the last GB on these, so I don't need a set, but it�s a great price and I'm surprised that more people aren't all over this.

E1

Ditto!!

I have another engine that I need to re-build so I could use another set. Unfortunately, I can't afford to re-build two engines at the same time.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/16/05 07:54 PM
why are people acting like this price will never come around? I do not get it..I got quoted $640 for everything for my 3 liter from diamond.
Posted By: ArizonaDynoChip Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/21/05 04:33 PM
Well I was curious as to how you were buying these pistons WITH WRIST PINS AND RINGS for a lot less than what I could even get them for so I called my buddy over at Diamond. He says that your $640 is just for the pistons themselfs. He says no sales person except for one that is no longer with the company would ever sell pistons, wrist pins, and rings for that price to anyone.

why are people acting like this price will never come around? I do not get it..I got quoted $640 for everything for my 3 liter from diamond.

Posted By: ArizonaDynoChip Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/22/05 05:39 PM
Well doesnt look like we sparked much interest here. I am going to put the order in soon so please send me an email of which pistons you would like.

Shawn@arizonadynochip.com

Thanks
Posted By: DanCanuck_dup1 Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/23/05 08:47 PM
Email sent to you Shawn.

dan
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/23/05 09:14 PM
Well I was curious as to how you were buying these pistons WITH WRIST PINS AND RINGS for a lot less than what I could even get them for so I called my buddy over at Diamond. He says that your $640 is just for the pistons themselfs. He says no sales person except for one that is no longer with the company would ever sell pistons, wrist pins, and rings for that price to anyone.

Originally it was $560 before january last year. I called after January and the prices went up significantly. The new price that i received was $640 with wrist pins and rings for 9:1 compression. When I was on the phone and teased them with my instant buy(quick buck) they jumped all over it. They also said 13 days which was balogni.. You can call any of their dealers. You guys should get them for about $86 a piston + rings and pins $21= about $107/piston. or maybe its the enthusiasm i present on the phone for people to throw me deals but thats what the price was. I always ask" Is that the best you can do" I always get a discount with that question. No matter where i go.
Posted By: ArizonaDynoChip Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/23/05 10:40 PM
Prodigy,
Thank you for your interest in OUR group buy. Please start your own at this time if you feel you are able to provide member of this board with a better price.

Best regards,
Shawn
Arizona Dyno Chip

Originally it was $560 before january last year. I called after January and the prices went up significantly. The new price that i received was $640 with wrist pins and rings for 9:1 compression. When I was on the phone and teased them with my instant buy(quick buck) they jumped all over it. They also said 13 days which was balogni.. You can call any of their dealers. You guys should get them for about $86 a piston + rings and pins $21= about $107/piston. or maybe its the enthusiasm i present on the phone for people to throw me deals but thats what the price was. I always ask" Is that the best you can do" I always get a discount with that question. No matter where i go.

Posted By: svtProdigy Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/23/05 10:48 PM
Prodigy,
Thank you for your interest in OUR group buy. Please start your own at this time if you feel you are able to provide member of this board with a better price.

Best regards,
Shawn
Arizona Dyno Chip

Hey its really no that big of a differance in price..sheesh..($46) Don't mean to step on any toes. Just trying to give the latest info. You could make money off the info i just gave you. Your price you charge should not change do to the time you are putting in to this for other people.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/24/05 03:13 AM
I think Shawn may have seen this as a WTF statement. I actually followed up on this with Diamond as well and they wanted to know the name of the salesman who told you that price. Diamond tells me that was the one off piston only price. Perhaps there was a communication error between you and the salesman.
Posted By: 303GreenDestiny Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/25/05 01:15 PM
Well doesn't look like I can do both motor and turbo in one year. Would it hurt the car to drive with 9:1 without turbo?
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 04/27/05 09:19 AM
not if you tune it...And you might be able to get away with out it...But that would cost you another $600 so you might as well save up.
Posted By: SoopaCooga Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 05/03/05 04:00 PM

So you'd say 10:1 would work well in conjunction with 7 psi, like i would get from the Vortech? Could this be done (well) without an engine computer augmentation (i.e. chip)?
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Diamond Piston Group Buy - 05/03/05 04:54 PM
Originally posted by SoopaCooga:

So you'd say 10:1 would work well in conjunction with 7 psi, like i would get from the Vortech? Could this be done (well) without an engine computer augmentation (i.e. chip)?

No.
© CEG Archives