Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: ryanblacksvt new headlamps intrest check - 03/07/05 10:39 PM
i have a friend in my car team who works for ford who gets a major discount on headlamps. i need a intrest check on who all would be in for a set of brand new oem headlamps. they would go for under $180.00 for the pair...who all would be in for this.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 01:24 AM
Of course the obvious question is, can he get major discounts on other things too?
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 01:39 AM
That IS a major discount!! Even with my "employee discount" that I get, they still want $120/per I believe.. If anyone needs new lights, this is a heck of a deal!!

Mark
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 01:55 AM
I'm not disputing that this is a major price cut. I just wonder if he can get other stuff, too. He could be the answer to alot of CEG'ers prayers.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 01:59 AM
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
I'm not disputing that this is a major price cut. I just wonder if he can get other stuff, too. He could be the answer to alot of CEG'ers prayers.

LOL as I wasn't taking away from the fact that he might be able to get deals on other items.. Just wanted to point out the fact that this is a steal of a price and to not pass it up if they're in your budget

Mark
Posted By: m!key Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 02:46 AM
i take a set.
Posted By: amarv12_dup1 Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 03:44 AM
Clicky, folks.

The dealership in that link has info at svtperformance.com ...just in case anyone is worrying, it's all legit, I've already bought some parts from the dealership.
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 03:48 AM
DAmn, i wish i could afford it, i need new ones BADLY, none of my aiming mechanisms work so my lights are aimed like sh!t, and my passenger side has a bracket broken so it bobbles and annoys the hell outta me. I hate money

~Alex
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 04:41 AM
I worked with lights for a long time, and know what an unbeliavable offer this is. Heck, aftermarket lights such as Depo and TYC cost like 110 a piece. And they don't even fit right most of the times. Ford costs 250 or so new!!!

People, if you need lights, BUY THESE NOW!!!
Posted By: frodog31_dup1 Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 06:47 AM
i'll take a set.
Posted By: tm-svt_dup1 Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 07:00 AM
I am in for a set!
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 02:29 PM
ok i will have to ask him if he can get other things, i think its any and all ford oem parts...but for now its just headlamps...looks like a good intrest, i will talk to him tonight and see what the final price is and post the gb tomorow...and there wont be a minimum gb either,,,as many or as little as we do is cool....
Posted By: parkedcar Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 04:22 PM
I am in. I will have to sell my cheapo depots first though.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 05:35 PM
so thats 4 so far...here we go reply to this and put your name in, not that we need 10 i just will put 10 down

Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 05:46 PM
Earlies?
Posted By: Taz1617_dup1 Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 05:47 PM
I am in for a set if it is under $200 shipped.
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 05:50 PM
Is there any time limit to this? I've been looking at buying some new lamps, but it may be a month or so before I have that kind of money freed up.
Posted By: Dr. Cross Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 05:57 PM
Anybody need just a driver's side light? My passenger side could be replaced so if someone wants to split the pair with me, let me know!
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 06:11 PM
no there wont be any time limit pretty much i am doing this and not making a penny just to help everyone out. i found this unbelibvable deal and thought i would share with the contour family. and i dunno what shipping will be to you but thats obviously extra...shouldnt be much though
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 07:59 PM
If this offer is up for awhile i'll be in but it may be awhile till i have the $$$, but i really need a set.

~Alex
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 08:03 PM
if the gb is over at that time just pm me,,,i am only posting this as a gb cause thats the best forum for it, but its not really a gb. he will get them at the same price if its today or 4 months from now...
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 08:08 PM
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
if the gb is over at that time just pm me,,,i am only posting this as a gb cause thats the best forum for it, but its not really a gb. he will get them at the same price if its today or 4 months from now...

that is very comforting, cause damn do i need some haha.

~Alex
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 08:22 PM
yeah me too, mine were badly hazed and i wet sanded them and they just arent right....
Posted By: EternalOne Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 08:30 PM
Would it be possible to group the Cougar headlamps into this as well? It'd open up a whole new group of people from FastCougar and TeamNeco. Plus, then I could get a set of headlights. :P

E1
Posted By: kontour_sev6 Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 08:40 PM
For those that don't have money now I would suggest you go to SVTPerformance.com. Go to the Contour forum there, his info(Steve) is there on the top sticky. He can do pretty much whatever, whenever. Just call him or PM him. You won't be able to PM anyone however until you've had x amount of posts. Pretty cool website and they will welcome us non-SVTers.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 08:52 PM
you dont have to have the money now, like i said this can go on for however long he is working there,,,all you have to do is when you get the $ p.m me and lemme know and will get it done for ya. and lets see how this works out first then we can do a cougar one for ya possibly
Posted By: Mod-deth Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 09:10 PM
O-k...this guy is for real. Just got off the phone with him. Ordered a left side LCA for my 98 SVT (old style 4 bolt). Get this...price was $117! I needed it by Friday, so with UPS 3 day, it was $129. I went to Bill J's website, and the price was $142 w/out shipping.

I think Steve is my newest best friend!!
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 09:25 PM
what is a lca,,,and isnt this the gb page for the headlamps?
Posted By: m!key Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 09:47 PM
1. Mikey Boy
Posted By: Mod-deth Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 10:07 PM
what is a lca,,,and isnt this the gb page for the headlamps?

Lower
Control
Arm

I do need head lights, but needed a LCA even sooner, so I called this Steve guy just to see if what was being offered is legit. I can now verify that the guy exists..and gives super deals. As his prices are only 10% over his actual cost, I wouldn't be expecting any super deep cuts on his already super prices.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 10:14 PM
ohh ok cool. yeah i am not charging anything for this though, one of those things where i help out brothers in need ya know. i wont make a penny off this only cause i know what its like to have to find stuff for our cars is hard enough anyways so this is just to help people out plus contour headlamps suck after a while and they haze over
Posted By: amarv12_dup1 Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/08/05 11:16 PM
Originally posted by kontour_sev6:
For those that don't have money now I would suggest you go to SVTPerformance.com. Go to the Contour forum there, his info(Steve) is there on the top sticky. He can do pretty much whatever, whenever. Just call him or PM him. You won't be able to PM anyone however until you've had x amount of posts. Pretty cool website and they will welcome us non-SVTers.

Same thing I posted here:

Originally posted by amarv12:
Clicky, folks.

The dealership in that link has info at svtperformance.com ...just in case anyone is worrying, it's all legit, I've already bought some parts from the dealership.

Originally posted by mcgainer:
O-k...this guy is for real. Just got off the phone with him. Ordered a left side LCA for my 98 SVT (old style 4 bolt). Get this...price was $117! I needed it by Friday, so with UPS 3 day, it was $129. I went to Bill J's website, and the price was $142 w/out shipping.

I think Steve is my newest best friend!!

Ya, between fordpartsonline.com, signaturelm.com, and Tousley Ford (the svtperformance.com guy), you can find damn good deals...the prices between all three generally vary, so it works best if you compare between them.
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/09/05 01:28 AM
1. Mikey Boy
2. 1314

Pending actual shipped price for the pair.

Posted By: m!key Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/12/05 03:55 PM
can i order these now? i need a set asap.
Posted By: JeSiZZle Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/12/05 04:33 PM
if youre getting them from a stealership they may ship them to your local ford place for free
Posted By: GetBooby151�© Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/12/05 04:35 PM
i have a friend in my car team who works for ford who gets a major discount on headlamps. i need a intrest check on who all would be in for a set of brand new oem headlamps. they would go for under $180.00 for the pair...who all would be in for this.

This is my first time reading this post, and I have to say this is a hell of a deal considering they go for $120 per headlight!
Posted By: m!key Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/12/05 04:45 PM
thats why i want to get a set if i can or do i have to wait for others to get into this?
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/12/05 05:15 PM
Originally posted by mikey boy:
thats why i want to get a set if i can or do i have to wait for others to get into this?

No, he said just shoot him a PM and he'll get it all sorted, cause it isn't really a GB per-say, but he had no where else to put it, this is available as long as his friends still works at the dealer or whatnot. so it could be two days to 6 months.

~Alex
Posted By: m!key Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/12/05 05:16 PM
awesome i didnt see that. thanks mang!
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/12/05 05:18 PM
Originally posted by mikey boy:
awesome i didnt see that. thanks mang!

no problem, i know how much it sucks to have to read a WHOLE GB thread to get just a little info haha.

~Alex
Posted By: Dan Nixon_dup1 Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/12/05 09:32 PM
Can you buy a single? I have a water leak in one..
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/13/05 05:17 AM
Hey, thought of another question....I work at a Ford dealer myself, does this friend of yours know if he could send it to the dealer I'm at for less money than normal shipping? Like a dealer to dealer thing? Oh, and I checked on my employees pricing for new lights, this is a good deal less than what my pricing is.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/14/05 02:34 PM
ok guys sorry for the delay, i have been in the hospitol for the past few days, my cat mauled my arm and i literaly got cat scratch fever and got severly infected but i am all good now,,,ok my buddy went to order my lights and the dealer said they made a big mistake and said they are actualy $139.00 each,,,which dosent make it that great of a deal...if anyone wants them at that price lemme know but once again i am truly sorry for the mistake
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/14/05 02:37 PM
Go to svtperformance.com pm FORDSVTPARTS (I think thats his s/n)...97.02 each. Its a Ford Dealership out of MN.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/14/05 04:22 PM
awsome then thats where i will go....sorry again guys
Posted By: ZetaEx Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/22/05 08:38 AM
That sounds like a deal, but can he get Mystique lights too?
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/22/05 01:29 PM
PM him and ask
Originally posted by ZetaEx:
That sounds like a deal, but can he get Mystique lights too?

Posted By: shysta3369 Re: new headlamps intrest check - 03/23/05 03:19 PM
Originally posted by SVT Driver627:
DAmn, i wish i could afford it, i need new ones BADLY, none of my aiming mechanisms work so my lights are aimed like sh!t, and my passenger side has a bracket broken so it bobbles and annoys the hell outta me. I hate money

~Alex

yeah... me too
© CEG Archives