Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Interest check on a new batch of these modules.

Current Features:

1-touch open feature for the sunroof or any window you want to put one on.

Integrates to the factory keyless entry system to control the sunroof or window with the remote control.
Allows the following:

- Press unlock 3 times and the sunroof or window will roll open.
- Press unlock, lock and the sunroof will close, or if already closed it will lift up.

Possible add-on features that I may be able to offer:

- Control 1 or more windows in the same manner as listed above using an add on board. I expect that this add-on board will have to be hardwired into the drivers door to access all the window switches in a common area and will require to wires going from the control module to it. This would allow 1,2,3,4 windows to be hooked up. NO separate control of the windows.

-Possibly have a separate button combo to roll open the windows after the moonroof is open, or have all open at the same time. I don't know, I need feedback on this.

-Use a optional add-on board with hi-power mosfets to control the sunroof/window motors instead of wiring in a bunch of relays. It will connect to the control module via a header plug. Relays work well and have been in my car for 3 years with this device. They do however go bad and cause voltage spikes. This setup will save lots of space, be less likely to rattle, and probably be simpler to install though it will cost more than two relays. However, if you want to control all windows and sunroof, then 10 relays can get expensive and this would end up cheaper.

Here is what I need to know: I need an interest check and I need a list of the desired features from the options I listed above. DON'T ask for auto-up feature on the windows. It would be easy to do but I won't open myself up for the liability that someones kid or dog has his head hanging out the window and gets choked to death because the buttons are hit by accident or something!
The moonroof can already be opened and closed by remote and I can probably make it so the windows can also be closed by remote. I'll have to see the interest first.

Expect between $100-$115 for the control module and about $40 for the add-on mosfet control board if we make it.
If we add on the extra features for separate window control it may go up a bit.

I have to admit it has been really cool being one of 5 people to have a car with this capability to close and open the sunroof while outside the car.

**This will also work on any car with similar lock/unlock inputs for keyless entry like the contour. If you have an aftermarket alarm it will also work with the lock/unlock outputs on that alarm making it easy to integrate on any car with some sort of a power motor or solenoid assembly. You get creative and this can work to power up almost anything from the remote.**

Add your name to the reply with your options and if we get enough interest we will go through with it.

Check it out by clickin on my website at the bottom of my signature and follow the link to sunroof module to see the first generation device that my partner and I created.

warmonger
I AM ABSOLUTLY STOKED you are offering this. I was reading your website a couple weeks back thinking.. DAMN, that'd be awseome.

The ability to open and close the windows and sunroof via remote would be awesome. Not QUITE sure if I read everyhting correclty, but something around closing and opening via remote is what I'd like. Price seems to be at an alright benchhmark.

Could you eleaborate a wee bit more on how to install it, necesary tools (well... specialty, if needed). I have electrical knowledge, just need to know what is needed for the install. Splicing? Etc... Removal of all door panels and acess to all the switches? Does wire need to be run to all the doors, etc. I'm not a moron... just new fangled non plug and play electrical devices can be a pita if you don't know what to expect.

Next question. Whats the range of use.. basically the same as locking and unlocking (about 200 feet)?

Lastly, when would these be available? Approx. time frame would be helpful, I won't have my CSVT til mid march.

Anyways, go ahead and put me down as interested.

ALSO... when you say 1,2,3,4 windows with no seperate controls, what do you mean? Example, the use of the remote will not work individual windows seperatly? It doesn't mean that once installed, all windows work together, meaning, I hit the drivers side window button, they'll all go down?

I re-read your post and let me summarize. i would like to beable to roll all 4 windows down and open the sunroof at the same time, and close them at the same time.... then beable to pop the sunroof open by itself. So....

press unlock three tiems... all windows roll down and sunroof retracts open.

Press unlock lock.... all windows roll up and sunroof shuts

Press unlock lock again.... sunroof vents.

New question, what is the range of how far the windows go down? Will the go all the way downlike normal operation, half way, 1/4 way? Thanks
I will sell part of my soul and probably a fair amount of plasma to get one if you sell them
I am interested, but how hard is it to install, that is the million dollar question!!

Originally posted by LancasterSVT:
I will sell part of my soul and probably a fair amount of plasma to get one if you sell them

.. I match your offer, and raise you 3 finger nails, common sense, and 2oz. of sperm.

STILL deffinetly interested!!!!
Very interested.

Steven
Ok, there is some interest but I'd need a few more people to go with this.

Install is about the same as installing an SAFC, a car alarm, or a radio.

Download the old instruction sheet from the website, I think it is still up.

I'm still working the details, but I'll keep you posted.
Thanks warmonger. Hope you can make this a happen!
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Remote control sunroof! - 03/01/05 03:58 AM
Gotta bump this thing, it needs at least a good six to eight people to make this happen!

Come on people, this has been the best device available so far for 1-touch open and remote control all in the same lightweight package!
Unique and you won't even find luxury cars with this kind of device.

warmonger

Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Remote control sunroof! - 03/01/05 04:02 AM
Yeah guys.. if you'll spend a hundred bucks on some ricer guages.... you gotta have the phat G's to get this.
Posted By: DanburySE Re: Remote control sunroof! - 03/01/05 06:00 AM
i'll commit. i want one with the mosfet. e-mail me and let me know how long it will take and how i should pay.
the instructions on your site cant be opened.
I PM'ed you with interest and a few questions. This would be wicked cool in my opinion.

- M. Blunk
we are trying to see what it would cost just to add the mosfets to the board instead of a second board. Looking around $130 with them added to the board but that means you will have to run anywhere from 4 to 12 wires from wherever you locate the module to the drivers door switches, the sunroof switch and the keyless entry module.

Easiest would be to mount control board in the drivers door to keep all the window motor wires short, then remote mount two relays for the sunroof. Then you would only need to run two wires to the sunroof relays, and two wires to the keyless entry module.
That should keep it affordable too.

We can probably design the board with everything on it then when you order yours you can ask for all the add-on components and we'll just add them onto it.
Each of these mosfets is probably no more thatn $2-$3 so you would need ten or more of them to do every window, hense the $130 versus the $100-$110 range without them.

Sorry about the instruction manual, I'll fix it later or I'll email it out. It will be the old manual but I can update it for the new features if this group buy takes off.

To make it worthwhile I need a minimum of 6 at $110 or 12 at $100 since the boards are made in groups with enough mosfets to run the sunroof included. Sor for those of you who just want sunroof control there will be no additional costs for relays.
If we do anthing less than 6, like 3-4 then we might consider doing it for $120 each since we will still have to order boards that we can't sell in the first batch. This cost is without the mosfets added for the power windows, only the moonroof. We add those on as an additional fee, up to that $130 that I described before.

So here it is:

<6 = $120
6-11 = $110
12+ = $100

*I reserve the right to either continue or cancel the process if we don't get at least 6 buyers.
Okay, I emailed the old instruction set to someone. If anyone else needs it, email me.

So lets get a list of 'yes' buyers.

Okay, I emailed the old instruction set to someone. If anyone else needs it, email me.
Here is our current breakdown.
4. DanburySE

_
2. ssolomo

I need to turn the list of possibles into "yes's" and then get one more person before I can make this fly. DanburySE, I'll be sending you instructions if I haven't already. Anyone else?
that would be a 'yes' for me on instructions
Originally posted by LilRedRocket:

If this is possible I'm very interested!
Originally posted by Checker'd SVT:

It is possible and already works on my car!
I just don't have it hooked up to all four windows, only the sunroof.

I originally sold 6 others, 5 of which were installed and operational to my knowledge. The last group buy I offered was BEFORE there was a group buy sections.
I don't offer them very often either. Anyway, we are offering an updated version of the old one, one with all the improvements of three years of experience from constant use.

I can almost promise all of you that I will never offer another group buy on these again! One reason is I need to make a new batch so that I can get another one for my new car that I'm buying.
that would be a 'yes' for me on instructions

Same here!!

If those features are included I am 100% in. I want all windows down & sunroof, all windows up & sunroof, and sunroof pop, and maybe a secret button combo to launch the rockets out the headlights Probably will get it profesionally installed but it will be WELL worth it
Below is a list of all the things everybody seems to want for this chip of yours. I agree I kind of want all of them. I just want to know if all of this is logistically possible with your chip (ignoring the hellish wiring to be done, that's the other dude's problem, haha)

Inside Car:
Auto roll down on all 4 windows from all window buttons
Auto open on sunroof
Auto close on sunroof
Auto vent on sunroof

On Keyless Entry:
Unlock 3 times - to roll down/open all windows/sunroof
Unlock then lock - roll up/close all windows/sunroof
Unlock then lock again - sunroof vents

I think that's all anybody could want from this. If all this is possible with a [censored] load of wiring I am 100% in.
me too!
Well all of that is possible in various combinations.

First off, the auto-down or express open or 1-touch open features ( to list all the common names) are going to require a separate device for each window.
The drivers door already has it, the sunroof will have it with the primary control module. The other three doors will have to have something else to trigger it like another module. It is possible that we can make a cheaper add-on 1-touch open board for secondary devices.

This board is complicated mostly because of the keyless entry system integration. The 1-touch open is rather simple and as you see you can order th relays from Chris Hightower to do JUST that one function. To make it cheaper, I'd order those for the passenger door and screw the back doors since they only go down half way anyway.

What I can offer you is:

1-touch open for ONE device (passenger window or sunroof)

Remote control operation of from 1 to 5 devices for roll open or closed (all at the same time).

IF you want, you can wire the 1-touch open feature to open 1-5 windows at the same time, but it could only be operated off of one switch and EVERY time you hit the switch quickly and let off it would roll open everything.
So a possible application would be to wire the sunroof and passenger window together so that when you popped open the sunroof with a momentary press of the button, both the sunroof and window would open.

I haven't set up the sunroof for 1-touch close, but that could be done.

You guys go ahead and clarify a list of features you want and I'll see what can be done. The list should be in two parts, the parts that I can already offer, and the parts that you are being hopefull about.

warmonger

I would be in on this for sure!

Ok if this is possible at the $120 I'm in.
Does this come with free 24 hour customer service help?!
After reading the instructions, its definetly involved. I'd put it in when I have most of the interior gutted when I:

Put new speakers and tweeters up front
10" sub in the trunk
Put a new cd player in
Cd changer u der the passenger seat
Heated Seats conversion
Mystique Rear dome light conversion
Gentex auto dimming mirror with compass/temp
Wired in Radar Detector

I have A LOT of wiring to do, don't I.

These are all set to go in in the end of April, beggining of may. Do you think you would have it ready by then?? IU want to have this ALL done by SZ!!
Ok,

I'm working with my partner on getting together a list of the features that you are asking for that are Feasibly....ie cheap enough to build and still keep in that $120 price range.
I'll post in few days the results and you guys can give a final "in for sure" at that point.

warmonger
Well,

I am a bit flexible on that 120$ price... what I mean to say is, If I am going to get this, I want all the features and won't mind paying an additional 10-20 (maybe 30$) to get them. But keep us posted, I am so incredibly intersted I can almost see the looks on peoples faces when I roll down windows with my remote. TY tom!
Sounds like you got a really good product going her Warmonger. I will gladly wait the couple days till you list what all is possible.
Originally posted by warmonger:
What I can offer you is:

1-touch open for ONE device (passenger window or sunroof)

Remote control operation of from 1 to 5 devices for roll open or closed (all at the same time).

I'm in - hopefully my expert will be able to help (father in law is going through chemo right now but doing really well considering) - the instructions are very detailed but I don't have any experience doing electrical work.

Steven
Well,

I am a bit flexible on that 120$ price... what I mean to say is, If I am going to get this, I want all the features and won't mind paying an additional 10-20 (maybe 30$) to get them. But keep us posted, I am so incredibly intersted I can almost see the looks on peoples faces when I roll down windows with my remote. TY tom!

What he said! I really want ALL the windows to go up and down... This is a great feature that should be included from Ford! I know BMW does something similar with the key in the door.
Well,

What he said! I really want ALL the windows to go up and down... This is a great feature that should be included from Ford! I know BMW does something similar with the key in the door.

Same with VW. I like being able to open and close my windows/sunroof by sticking the key in the door, and turning it one way or the other. Nto having to jump inside, stick the key in, hold all the buttons.. That sucks.
Ok, just to update you guys.

We are talking about the possibility of small design changes to see if it is feasible to add in as many changes as you are asking for. This will necessitate some additional testing and time.
Be patient for a little longer so I can get the full story.

warmonger
Sweet. Take your time and let us know when its set.
I had a good question from someone that I will quote here along with the answer:

Originally posted by Question::
i was also curious if i can still use it since i have a remote starter which now acts as my keyless entry. It does all the same functions as my original remote did.

It should work fine with any remote you have that will activate the door locks.
The signal is actually read from the doorlocks and not the remote directly.
Therefore if you are sitting in the car and hit unlock on any doorlock 3 times it will roll open. If you hit unlock and then lock on any doorlock then it will close the roof just as if you one-touch closed it.
This is why it will be compatible with any alarm system or remote system that has door lock/unlock outputs.

yeah, i have an RS system that i will be using it with. 1/4 mile range will be handy!
Ok, we have worked out the details I think.

The sunroof control module will be the same as before with the addition of:
- 1 touch close
- onboard relays for the sunroof ONLY
(saves the hassle of installing larger separate ones and they are integrated. The mosfets prove too expensive to keep in the price range and the relays actually have slightly better performance in most areas. The newer ones are smaller too!)
- open/close outputs for power window control modules.

Control of power windows has been achieved with a separate add-on device. This device offers:

- 1 touch open and close for each window.
- inputs so that the sunroof control module will activate the windows when the remote is used.
- onboard relays to save space, time, and wiring. No need to go buy more.

The beauty of this situation is that you can order the window control devices individually 'per window' OR you can order them in conjunction with the sunroof module.
You CANNOT have remote control operation of just the windows without buying the sunroof control module. If you don't care about the sunroof, don't have one or whatever, you can use the sunroof control module to control any window of your choice, then add window modules on for any respective window you want to control. The only negative is that you have to decide how you want to install the window modules. If you install one per door, you get the one-touch open/close at that door AND with the drivers door. If you decide you want to make it easy and put them all in the drivers door off the master switch then you will have 1-touch control on the drivers master switch ONLY.
If you put them in the doors and you want to open/close them along with the moonroof then you have to run two wires to EACH module you put in each door.
Not a wiring job for the faint of heart....BUT, you get all kinds of configurations and options. And if you just want that 1-touch open/close with a certain door, then install it into the door with no other worries.
You will get 1 touch OPEN/CLOSE for ANY/ALL windows along with the capacity to roll them all open or closed with the remote. Sorry, no separate remote control for the windows, they open/close with the moonroof.
These circuit changes have not yet been tested because they are not built yet. The original device has been tested and works well but you all want different stuff so we have to break new ground.

Here are the packages and prices:

Sunroof Control Module (with remote operation) = $115

Power window Control module = $30 each (No need to buy anything else)

Power window Control Mod. x4 = $100

Sunroof Cont. Mod + 4 Power Window Modules = $195

Sunroof Cont. + 2 Power Window Modules $160

**All prices do NOT reflect shipping or paypal charges.

OK, now lets RE-CHECK the interest on this group buy! Put your name and the number of each type of device you want in a list. Then I'll total them all up and we'll see if there are enough people to justify the efforts.
I want:

Sunroof Cont. Mod + 4 Power Window Modules = $195

So now auto open & close from inside car, and from keyless entry. Whee!
Price went a bit steeper than I thought for the all operational sunroof/windows. How lon gdo you think this will be available? Possibly mid April?? If so, you can count me in on the Sunroof module + the 2 windows.. so that $165?? If thats all cool, I'll paypal you in a few weeks.
Price went a bit steeper than I thought for the all operational sunroof/windows. How long do you think this will be available? Possibly mid April?? If so, you can count me in on the Sunroof module + the 2 windows.. so that $165?? If thats all cool, I'll paypal you in a few weeks.

Well,
You can still use your own relays for the windows, mount them into the drivers door, and use the outputs from the sunroof module to activate them. The drawback is that every time you hit the sunroof 1-touch open on the sunroof then they will open, but you still have full remote control.
You also don't get 1-touch open and close on each window.

Like I said before, people wanted all kinds of options so that required more stuff to build and more costs. The dang power window control module costs as much to build as the sunroof module! The module has four separate circuits on it for four separate windows but can be broken up into four different pieces and used individually. This is why I can offer them separately for about 1/4 the cost of the sunroof module.

You can use Chris Hightowers express open relays and put them in each door, then just use the sunroof module to control the sunroof via remote control. Still, you won't get 1-touch open AND Close without buying two of them and you can't cancel the 1-touch function by hitting the switch again like you can in mine.

As far as availability? I need a minimum number of buyers to go along with this in order to afford to build everything. I'm not making anything off of it because we have to pay to have these boards professionaly etched and then we have to solder all the parts on ourselves. It takes about an hour for each board just to solder them. Then there is testing....
I doubt if this thing will go before mid April anyway because we have to order the boards.

I will need to hit at least 6 people for the Sunroof Module and probably another 4 people for the the Power window control modules in order to make this go. They can be the same person ordering both devices.

Come on everyone, this is a great device, fits any car with our type of locking system or with aftermarket alarms.
We can get the Cougar guys in on it and the Focus guys too!

Okay.. so when will money be due, then??

If not til they are made (which you are saying will be past April.. then put me down for the whole shebang.

Sunroof+ 4 windows= $195.00

Also.. have any pics of this installed.. or can you send some along with the purchase. 1 more ?, the sunroof and door window buttons are all using the factory buttons, correct. Your last post made it sound like there are seperate buttons...
Once we hit the required number of 'yesses',

We'll take deposits. I'll hold all deposites in my paypal account while we produce the devices. Upon completion I'll notify you that I'm ready to ship, then you pay the difference.
I'm doing deposites this time because I got screwed the last time by people that backed out. I've also been screwed by a CEG'r (OH NO, not them!)over a mail order deal too!

I'll take 25% up front. I'll use that and the rest will be my own money to pay for all the parts. Then when complete I'll send them out.

You know to be honest...I'm only 50/50 on whether this goes through because of the amount of work I have to do.
It's all good though. For now, just help drumm up enough interest to justify the contstruction costs and then we'll go from there.

Talk to everyone who wants a solid state express open/close device for $30+shipping too since these devices will work on any powered window.
List for Warmonger s fancy doo-hicky sunroof ma-bobs. Add your name.... NOW! We NEEED 6 peeps.

1. Lilredrocket---- Sunroof + 4 windows = $195.00
Sunroof module for remote operations of drivers side door, and 1 door module.

If it will simplify the module all I require is for it to remotly operate the windows.

List for Warmonger s fancy doo-hicky sunroof ma-bobs. Add your name.... NOW! We NEEED 6 peeps.

2. Cougar99 ---- Sunroof + 1 door module = $145

Sunroof Cont. + 2 Power Window Modules $160

i'm in for this.
then add your name to the list...
Originally posted by COUGAR99:

3. Chikmagnet340---- Sunroof + 2 door modules = $160

Originally posted by chikmagnet340:

3. Chikmagnet340---- Sunroof + 2 door modules = $160
4. ssolomo ---- Sunroof + 1 door module = $145

Awesome.
Originally posted by ssolomo:
Originally posted by chikmagnet340:

3. Chikmagnet340---- Sunroof + 4 windows = $195
4. ssolomo ---- Sunroof + 1 door module = $145

Awesome.

I just changed my order.

1. Michael Blunk ---- Sunroof + 4 Windows = $195.00
2. Lilredrocket---- Sunroof + 4 windows = $195.00
3. Cougar99 ---- Sunroof + 1 door module = $145.00
4. Chikmagnet340---- Sunroof + 4 windows = $195.00
5. ssolomo ---- Sunroof + 1 door module = $145.00

I put myself first because I posted for it before your fancy little list. Mu ha ha ha.
Originally posted by Michael Blunk:

1. Michael Blunk smells ---- Sunroof + 4 Windows = $195.00

I put myself first because I posted for it before your fancy little list. Mu ha ha ha.

ha HA!

C'mon guys.. we's need's one more person!! NOW DAMNIT!!
How much would it be for just the 4 windows, since I dont have a sunroof to open
Originally posted by Mac Daddy Sunroof Ma-bob Man:
You CANNOT have remote control operation of just the windows without buying the sunroof control module. If you don't care about the sunroof, don't have one or whatever, you can use the sunroof control module to control any window of your choice, then add window modules on for any respective window you want to control. The only negative is that you have to decide how you want to install the window modules. If you install one per door, you get the one-touch open/close at that door AND with the drivers door. If you decide you want to make it easy and put them all in the drivers door off the master switch then you will have 1-touch control on the drivers master switch ONLY.

You still have to buy the sunroof module. THis is the thing that basically tells the windows/roof to open when the buttons are pressed. I belive you need the module and the 4 window things.. or it might be the module and 3 window things, sense the module controls teh sunroof.. it probably would control the window too.

Worst case
$195.00
Originally posted by Mac Daddy Sunroof Ma-bob Man:

You still have to buy the sunroof module. THis is the thing that basically tells the windows/roof to open when the buttons are pressed. I belive you need the module and the 4 window things.. or it might be the module and 3 window things, sense the module controls teh sunroof.. it probably would control the window too.

Now.. if you just wnat 1 touch up and down of the windows... it'd be 100.00 for the 4 window modules.

Worst case
$195.00
OKay guys, looking good so far.

We are going to be testing some revisions to the sunroof module and the window module prototypes this weekend. I'll let you know how this goes and when we can start production assuming we can get at least six people. Since there are five people, we will get started on design changes so that we have it ready to send out for production when everyone gets onboard.

I'm just really surprised that there aren't more people looking for 1 touch open/close modules by themselves to install on the windows, even if they don't want remote operation.

6. DanburySE----Sunroof + 4 Windows = $195.00
I'm still on the interested list... But for $195 I'd like to see how this works. Anyone coming out to Carisle All Ford Nationals???
Well, the window 1-touch modules seem to be working pretty good on the test circuit.
We have a bit more to do on the enhancements to the sunroof control module and then we are going to get the boards made now that we have enough people.
As soon as the preliminary testing is complete, say in a week or ten days, and we feel comfortable about the product, then we'll ask for the 25% deposit. Then we'll get the boards manufactured and assemble them when they arrive.
Ok, still working on the redesign for the control module. Should be able to test it pretty soon and then I'll update everyone. As you know the 1 touch open/close (express open/close) modules are tested and working. We had to redesign the control module to support them so that you can use the remote to control them.
Remember, these things will work by themselves and you can just put them in your sunroof or your windows by themselves.

Any more interested people?
Sunroof broek yesterday, gotta fork out 400.00 to fix it now I'm gonan have to pull until a few weeks from now, damnit, didn't think you'd get this done so quickly. I'll still try and make good on what I wanted, though.
Originally posted by DanburySE:
5. ssolomo ---- Sunroof + 2 door modules = $160.00
6. DanburySE----Sunroof + 4 Windows = $195.00

With the first warm enough day out, I realized that if I'm opening up windows and roof and driving with them down, I'll have both front windows down - so why not have the module do them both and the windows?

Looking forward to this feature.

Steven

If you've got the space I want all the units

Sunroof plus 4 windows

please PM me to let me know where to send $$

Thanks

MLK
Sigh I hate doing this but I have to pull out of this group buy. Unexpected things have come up. Sorry to all.

3. Chikmagnet340---- Sunroof + 4 windows = $195.00
4. ssolomo ---- Sunroof + 2 door modules = $160.00
5. DanburySE----Sunroof + 4 Windows = $195.00
Sigh I hate doing this but I have to pull out of this group buy. Unexpected things have come up. Sorry to all.

6. MLK ---- Sunroof + 4 windows = $195

Ok. We are still at a zero balance since MLK is now in.
I understand fully about things changing, but now you can see why we will take a 25% deposit when we actually go into production. We can't afford to have someone back out since it is taking all of us together to have this company produce professional grade circuit boards. If you have any questions about the quality, check my website and look under sunroof module so you can see the board quality that we made on the last sunroof module design. This is current PCB technology and modern components; you will be getting your money's worth instead of some cheap assed radio shack hobby boards.

warmonger

6. MLK ---- Sunroof + 4 windows = $195

It's time for another update.

The revised control module is now designed, the prototype board has now been built. We are going to be testing the circuit on the bench this week and if it looks good then we will be ready to start quoting a construction and delivery time. Right before we send them out for production we will take deposits. Expect to have to pony up in about another week or two.

Am I still on the list?
yes, you can take my place on the list.
There can be more than 6 people on the list. 6 was just the minimum.
with summer around the corner, I can't wait till these are done.
I need the list of yesses to be updated. I have both devices prototyped and bench tested now. I will install them in the car right after I get off of vacation for the final test and I'll take some pictures of the install at that time.

I need the list of yesses to be updated. I have both devices prototyped and bench tested now. I will install them in the car right after I get off of vacation for the final test and I'll take some pictures of the install at that time.

1. chikmagnet340-$195

1. chikmagnet340-$195
2. ssolomo - 2 doors + roof - $160

1. chikmagnet340-$195
3. Michael Blunk - $195 (the whole shizbang)
1. chikmagnet340-$195
4. LancasterSVT - $195 (i talked to you via PM)
1. chikmagnet340-$195
5. DanburySE - $195
Ok, I just got back online after coming off of vacation and moving! I have been set back the past two weeks because of it. I am going to try and install the prototypes later this week and test them out.

Anyone in the Dothan area of Alabama care to be a test car?
Originally posted by DanburySE:
1. chikmagnet340-$195
5. DanburySE - $195
6. dion - $195

ok,
I have the protoype sunroof module and a prototype window module right now that I need to install and test.
Could be a few days and if everything goes ok we'll start taking deposits.
OK.

I have tested both the prototype sunroof module and the prototype window express-open/close modules. They both work but there are a few bugs due to noise from the motor that we have to correct.
The main improvements that you will be happy to know work well are the express open and express close!
These express open/close modules will be installable into any door/window by themselves and will have a two wire input that can accept signals from the sunroof module for remote operation.

It will take another two weeks probably to correct these noise issues and then a retest. IF the retest goes well and we do not need further revisions, then we will accept deposits.

I can't imagine why at the minimum the express open/close modules by themselves wouldn't sell like hotcakes since they give you complete control to include cancelation.

My new volvo has these features, it will be nice for my 'tour to have them too!
Ok, I don't have the sunroof or factory keyless entry, (I got aftermarket POS system don't use it, plaining on getting new one) and you say you can make this make all the windows go down with a touch of one button with express open? and all the windows go down (on the master switch panel only not all doors?) with express open, if thats the case, I'll look into it.
As long as your aftermarket alarm system can trigger the door lock/unlock outputs then you can use the remote portion and just wire it to your doors. Otherwise these window devices will work fine on any window you install them onto.

Update:

We are doing a little circuit modification right now and figure in a week or two we'll have the updates. I'll test them again and try to get us back on track.
Is this thing still on, cause my factory motor just burned out and seeing that an OEM replacement for the motor and relay was 200+ this is looking to be a little better.
You still need a working motor for this to work.

Your motor isn't fried.
Originally posted by LilStrypedSVT:
You still need a working motor for this to work.

Your motor isn't fried.

then i'll have to work on it today.
It is still working guys. We are only two people and we are not as fast as when we lived down the street from each other. Everything is by mail and since I have the contour for test purposes it is snail mail slow.
Hope to have the revised devices in another week or so.
okay, thanks for the update tom!
OK, it has been a while but I haven't forgot. I have an updated windown control module here now and I'll test it soon. Still waiting on a part for the sunroof control module.
After testing we ran into a bunch of noise issues and it wasn't responding right. We had to switch a couple of parts to clean up the noise and when it comes in we will retest the circuit.

Just remember, good things come to those who wait.

Tom
Damn Tommy! Still not done?! ... thats good, I can probbaly get back in the GB now, since my sunroof should be up and running in the next coupel weeks.
© CEG Archives