Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Pole120 *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 02/23/05 02:46 PM
My supplier informed me that core price has risen from $40-$60, the new price for those requiring a core is shown below(this effects all orders placed after 2/22/05). Price for those sending their mounts to be filled has not changed.

there will be two ways to get in on this GB-

1) Send me your rear trans mount(roll resistor) to fill
cost: $60
turnaround: four buisness days from when i recieve your mount

2) I order a new core, fill it, and send it to you
cost: $120 (includes refundable core charge of $60)
turnaround: four buisness days from when i recieve the mount i must order(may take upwards of a week)

note- those requiring a core must pay the core charge of $60 in advance, and the remaining $60 is due when your mount is ready to ship, or it can be made as one payment.

i take paypal as well as moneyorders.(details can be given through PMs)

*untill i'm no longer laid off- the housings can only be done in black.

any questions feel free to ask, and anyone with extra rear mounts for sale, please pm me.

Old thread

Posted By: R_G Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 02/23/05 11:00 PM
Pole120:

Correct me if I am wrong but them roll resistors are for MTX 75, correct?

Thanks,

RG
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 02/24/05 12:05 AM
Originally posted by R_G:
Pole120:

Correct me if I am wrong but them roll resistors are for MTX 75, correct?

Thanks,

RG

yes, they are.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 03/01/05 02:50 AM
Ill give this the ol' bump for ya. Got mine today, looks great. Kinda wish i could have gotten red, but who will see it anyway. Quality looks top notch, my roommate (who is a motorhead as well) was impressed too, especially for doing this yourself. Well worth the money.

Ill get it installed this weekend and get my core back to you sometime next week. Thanks again.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 03/01/05 02:54 AM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
Ill give this the ol' bump for ya.

Ill get it installed this weekend and get my core back to you sometime next week.

both much appreciated

Josh
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 03/01/05 04:46 AM
Ill give this the ol' bump for ya. Got mine today, looks great. Kinda wish i could have gotten red, but who will see it anyway. Quality looks top notch, especially for doing this yourself. Well worth the money.

Ill get it installed this weekend and get my core back to you sometime next week. Thanks again.

Same here!! Can't wait to get it installed.
Posted By: thegreenmachine Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 03/07/05 04:27 AM
not to sound dumb but can anyone explain the funtion of this part and how often it should be replaced?
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 03/07/05 12:43 PM
It holds the back of the transaxle (MTX-75) to the frame. It should be replaced whenever it wears out, which is easy to see if you get under your car. This one will help prevent wheel hop, so you may want to switch out the stock one if wheel hop is a problem for you. (Wheelhop: when your front wheels slip and cause the engine/transaxle assembly to slam back and forth). The only downside is more vibration and noise in the cabin, since this part cushions less, being made of a very hard polyurethane material. For pics and more info, see

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=groupbuy&Number=803752&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=all&vc=1

Note that the price change is the reason for the new thread.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 03/07/05 05:49 PM
Originally posted by thegreenmachine:
not to sound dumb but can anyone explain the funtion of this part and how often it should be replaced?

the stock part is garbage...plain and simple.

people have been filling their mounts with urethane for quite some time, and i have yet to hear of any problems with them.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 03/13/05 08:54 PM
bump:
--i have one mount done ready to ship, and will have another ready wednesday.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 03/31/05 06:25 PM
got another mount here done ready to ship.
Posted By: DanCanuck_dup1 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 03/31/05 09:33 PM
email sent
Posted By: sundaydriver33 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 03/31/05 10:04 PM
I noticed in the previous post that 95 mounts are different and you won't do a core exchange. Is that still the case?
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 04/01/05 02:13 AM
Originally posted by sundaydriver33:
I noticed in the previous post that 95 mounts are different and you won't do a core exchange. Is that still the case?

I don't see why it would change...
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 04/01/05 03:18 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

the 95 mount is only different if you haven't changed it once already, and by know you should have I would think

the original 95 looked like it was fluid filed or something, were as the new one is more or less solid and of course made differently
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 04/01/05 05:37 AM
I got 2 more in today....get these things out of my house

Originally posted by DanCanuck:
email sent

reply sent

yes...i can not use a stock 95 mount, the newer revised mounts are necessary.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 04/01/05 04:29 PM
Originally posted by brapple:
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

the 95 mount is only different if you haven't changed it once already, and by know you should have I would think

the original 95 looked like it was fluid filed or something, were as the new one is more or less solid and of course made differently

Well yeah, it's different unless you've changed it....LOL

Have you been drinking and posting again?
Posted By: 99cougar Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 04/01/05 05:54 PM

Well yeah, it's different unless you've changed it....LOL

Have you been drinking and posting again?

that's funny stuff...
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 04/05/05 04:53 PM
bump

- with warmer weather, I've noticed a HUGE difference in NVH. In sub-zero weather It feels like it's going to tear right out, but now that it's 60�º I barely notice it.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 04/05/05 05:58 PM
does this mean it is not as stiff of a material in warmer wheather? less stiff in warmer wheather?
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 04/05/05 07:06 PM
yes, in warmer weather the poly is softer. I can tell the difference just by touching it. It is now slightly flexible, and there is a little give when I press it with my finger. In the cold it was like a rock.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 04/05/05 07:28 PM
this shouldn't have an adverse effect on it's ability to resist wheelhop and drivetraine movement, it's just not as harsh a ride
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 04/13/05 04:41 PM
bump-

2 mounts done ready to ship.
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 04/16/05 03:40 AM
PM'd
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 04/18/05 07:56 PM
Update: all stocked mounts are sold.

Reminder: i pay $30 shipped for used mounts...if you have one laying around sell it to me
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 04/26/05 01:00 AM
I have yet to do a 3000 rpm clutch drop from a dead stop, but during "spirited" driving short of that so far, since getting this rear poly roll resistor installed along with the ES insert in front, it's been "Dude, where's my wheelhop?" The extra chassis vibration is no big deal on top of the hum from the headers.
Posted By: ymicz Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 04/27/05 12:22 AM
wait, so this part eliminates wheel hop? How much labor is involved to swap this part? I'd have to have a mechanic do it cause im not very car savvy.
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 04/27/05 02:30 AM
hoping this gb will be open for a while, i want in, just need to come up with the cashola. mark me down for a new one though, i'm definately in!
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 04/27/05 02:59 AM
Originally posted by ymicz:
wait, so this part eliminates wheel hop? How much labor is involved to swap this part? I'd have to have a mechanic do it cause im not very car savvy.

You can do it if you can turn a ratchet. It's literally 4 bolts. Lefty-loosey, righty-tighy. And it's exposed underneath the car, very easy to get to. But, if you insist, your mechanic should do it for 1/2 hour of labor. Maybe $20 if they like you. And it doens't eliminate wheelhop - it helps. My suspension is shot, so I still have it, but not as bad. It also causes more noise and vibration in the cabin. But, if you drive hard, and get wheelhop: get this.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 04/27/05 04:28 AM
i'll have a couple at SZ for those that are coming...not to mentuion you can win one in the raffel(shameless plug for SZ)
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 05/04/05 06:23 PM
I personally won't be at SZ, but perhaps my old rear roll resistor will be. I shipped my old core to you today, pole120.

Thanks again for a great job with the poly'd one that's now in my car.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 05/05/05 02:52 AM
Youare very welcome, thanks for the buisness.

Posted By: fordrule Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 05/14/05 02:50 PM
is there any pics of the final products
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 05/14/05 03:32 PM

keep i mind i can only do them black anymore.

there are more pics in the original thread(link in first post)
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 05/24/05 12:40 AM
2 mounts in stock ready to ship
Posted By: EuroTour Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 05/24/05 02:09 AM
I want one in Red!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 05/24/05 02:15 AM
sorry man no can do.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 05/24/05 01:28 PM
Received my mount late last week, and it is beautiful! Thank you! I look forward to getting a front mount.
Posted By: DanCanuck_dup1 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 05/25/05 09:59 PM
HI Josh, got mine installed and I will get core back to you in a couple of days. See email.

Thanks

Dan
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 05/26/05 12:24 PM
I think I'd like to get one, but will have to hold of a little while, $$$... Looks really nice! Thanks for the offer.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 06/02/05 02:44 PM
bump....2 in stock
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 06/09/05 04:56 PM
Hey pole, when are you doing fronts?
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 06/09/05 05:11 PM
i'm doing them one at a time right now, as i only have one core in circulation, Stazi has it at the moment, once i get his back i'll be able to do another.

Pole
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 07/15/05 03:14 AM
update guys:

i have 1 rear mount done ready to ship

and three rear cores that can be filled the day an order is placed.....

thats 4 mounts that can be out the door in 2 days.....
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 08/05/05 12:16 PM
Originally posted by pole120:
update guys:

i have 1 rear mount done ready to ship

and three rear cores that can be filled the day an order is placed.....

thats 4 mounts that can be out the door in 2 days.....

I just got my poly rear roll resistor yesterday ! Looks AWESOME ! ! ! I hope to install it this weekend !

Pole please let me know when you might have a front available.

Any tips and tricks of the pros? Any suggestions from those that have replaced it?
Posted By: RawBurt Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 08/05/05 12:27 PM
Hit the bolts with some PB blaster, NOW!!! Trust me, you'll be happy that you did. I broke one of the bolts, and had hell getting the broken portion out of the nut material. And finding the oddball fastener was not easy either, Ford wanted about $20 for it. Other then that though, the install is simple. The only thing that stuumped me for about 23 seconds was when I was putting the new poly on, that the through bolt did not match up with the hole. I jacked my trans up, enough to line everything up and was done!
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 08/05/05 12:51 PM
I just got my GCs and Konis on, and now that that end of things is under control, I can feel the roll resistor much better. Let me state this clearly: I cannot induce wheelhop. I tried. I left rubber all across the county. Zero wheelhop. Man, does it feel good! Thanks Josh!

Oh, and this hot weather makes the NVH gremlins dissapear. At -20 degrees F the poly is much more prone to shatter my teeth
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 08/05/05 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
I just got my GCs and Konis on, and now that that end of things is under control, I can feel the roll resistor much better. Let me state this clearly: I cannot induce wheelhop. I tried. I left rubber all across the county. Zero wheelhop. Man, does it feel good! Thanks Josh!

Oh, and this hot weather makes the NVH gremlins dissapear. At -20 degrees F the poly is much more prone to shatter my teeth

I'm now wondering whether this part is a mistake for me? I don't care about wheel hop, and am not interested in adding vibrations (NVH) to my car. This is my daily commuter/ only car.

I was just thinking these poly resistors were a less expensive way of replacing some of the motor mounts (stock new resistors are like $180) that my mechanic said I needed soon.

Any input? I am not a racer or anything. Just want to keep my car running for the next 100K miles.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 08/05/05 01:33 PM
If you have never had wheelhop, just get the rubber kind from Bill @ sig LM, and ship your core to Josh. If you get wheelhop in the rain/snow then this will help prolong the life of your diff.

I exaggerate slighly about the NVH, but it is pretty bad in very cold weather.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 08/05/05 11:13 PM
NVH is not that bad, especuially in warm weather, and, houghh you will notice it right after install, you grow accustomed to it in a short time, and hardly notice.

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 08/07/05 11:14 PM
I need to get you some Zetec ones soon!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 08/08/05 07:51 PM
Talk to hetfield, i can prolly fill the rear(and maybe front if it doesn't work for what i need) from the parts car
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 08/08/05 11:30 PM
I will be needing one of these very soon I hope you will be continuing to make them.

Aaron
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 08/09/05 01:53 AM
I will make them as long as people need them
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 08/19/05 06:49 PM
NVH is not that bad, especuially in warm weather, and, houghh you will notice it right after install, you grow accustomed to it in a short time, and hardly notice.

I finally got around to installing my new Poly roll resistor today. Went on pretty easy, (thanks for the PB Blaster suggestion). But the noise is VERY noticable. I only moved it from the work area to my parking area, and it was N-O-I-S-Y... Have I done something wrong. Over tourqued/ under torqued/ wrong bolting pattern, etc?

Will it relax in at all? I'm not sure I can deal with this noise and vibration.

Not a complaint about Pole's product. It is beautiful and went right on. It just may not be right for me.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 08/19/05 07:01 PM
It should calm down a bit after some miles but if in the end it does turn out to be too much for you i do take returns, full price is not refunded because the mount must be sold as used, details can be given through pms.

i say give it a week and if you still arent happy then send it back.

PM me if you need and we can work this out.

Josh

Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 08/19/05 08:15 PM
Or i will buy it if fairly priced and funds allow
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 08/19/05 09:21 PM
get in line behind the 3 people waiting for coes alex....

Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 08/19/05 09:23 PM
get in line behind the 3 people waiting for coes alex....

your just a butt-hole that just wants to poop on everything (censored for the weak)
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 08/19/05 09:27 PM
There are three kinds of people in this world alex......
Posted By: SvtEdwardo420 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 08/19/05 09:30 PM
i just put mine in today and i dont find it to be noisy , just crank your stero up , put it works great and i would say that everyone needs to get this to eliminate wheel hop
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 08/20/05 10:09 PM
It should calm down a bit after some miles but if in the end it does turn out to be too much for you i do take returns, full price is not refunded because the mount must be sold as used, details can be given through pms.

i say give it a week and if you still arent happy then send it back.

PM me if you need and we can work this out.

Josh

Josh,
You have PM.
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 08/20/05 10:38 PM
Does anyone know the Ford part number for the Front and Rear Roll resistors? I have been on the Part Counter Express and there is a photo but there are about 10 parts pictured, and the descriptions aren't specific enough...
Posted By: SvtEdwardo420 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 08/21/05 01:28 AM
i think the mount was to good, so good it blew my trans , lol so i guess its only gonna help me replace it now becuase i have a stage 2 clutch and flywheel, also a new torsen t-2
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 08/21/05 08:01 PM
Originally posted by SvtEdwardo420:
i think the mount was to good, so good it blew my trans , lol so i guess its only gonna help me replace it now becuase i have a stage 2 clutch and flywheel, also a new torsen t-2

Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 08/24/05 04:50 PM
Just installed the rear poly-filled roll restricter. Is it normal that the bolt that goes through the middle of the roll restricter has a lot of play? What I mean is, if you have the roll restricter in your hand, and the bolt that goes through the middle of it, and you put hte bolt through the restrictor, its got about a 1/4" clearance all around the bolt.

I'm wondering if I'm missing a bushing of some sort?
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 08/24/05 05:04 PM
Thats how they all are, all the center bushings on all the oem mounts have a 3/4 to 7/8" hole(can't recall off the top of my head), and the thru bolt is 1/2.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 09/05/05 01:16 PM
Ok, here's my review:

First impression was But that was only with the rear installed, and what I found out later was a loose front stock RR (with ES inserts, we must have forgot to tighten that bolt when we did my 3L ). Truth is though, after a day or so I was used to the vibration and noise, and after driving it around, I'm realy torn! I love the way it changes the cars behavior, and kills my wheelhop, but it does come with the cost of comfort; more NVH

A week later I received the poly-filled front and installed it. It does help a little, but doesn't return the car to stock NVH levels. The improvement from just having the rear is negligable and not too noticable. Mostly a placebo effect. But the way the car moves, well that IS noticable. You can tell that the motor isn't moving at all in there anymore. You engage the clutch, the response down on the pavement is immediate. The feel is true and pure.

Overall, I do like this enough that it outweighs the discomfort of the NVH. However, its not cold here yet at all so the NVH may get worse by winter-time. But truth is, I have no wheel hop and all, and the feel of the car for driving is much improved.

Pole, I'll get these cores (front and rear) heading your way. Check your PMs, I need an address.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 09/06/05 01:13 AM
Ryan, thanks for the review, and i'll get that address to you now.

Josh
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 09/06/05 12:55 PM
2 mounts in stock
Posted By: tropictour Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 09/06/05 09:14 PM
Have you recieved mine yet Josh?
-tropictour
Posted By: svt4stv Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 09/06/05 09:47 PM
Originally posted by tropictour:
Have you recieved mine yet Josh?

Posted By: MLuko Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 09/12/05 04:14 AM
My review...

When i first installed it, I was really pumped.. I had to break in my clutch for 500 miles before I could really try it out.. launching i now have no wheel hop and on my 1-2 shift it feels a lot better.. it makes it a little louder in the cabin but it's well worth it. and for the price you pay.. you cant go wrong
Posted By: tropictour Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 09/12/05 06:21 AM
Anyone heard from Josh. I am trying to see if he recieved my cores but havent heard anything back. I cant wait to get mine too.
-tropictour
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 09/13/05 12:08 AM
Got home from a weekend out of town at 12:00 last night, and just gotmhome from a 13 hour day at work, sorry i didn't get on the computer till now.

Yes, i got them and they'll be out the door in a day or two.

Thanks
Josh

Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 09/13/05 12:10 AM
Almost for got to mention......

i have one front roll resistor core in stock

and two rears.
Posted By: tropictour Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 09/13/05 10:53 AM
Got home from a weekend out of town at 12:00 last night, and just gotmhome from a 13 hour day at work, sorry i didn't get on the computer till now.

Yes, i got them and they'll be out the door in a day or two.

Thanks
Josh

Thanks. Yeah I figured you were out of town for the weekend. Looking forward to them.
-tropictour
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread - 10/06/05 01:41 PM
Core update:

2 front
3 rear
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread update: - 10/20/05 04:45 AM
I have 4 rears and 1 front ready to SHIP.

somebody jump on theses things, it's not every day i can ship them out next day.

somebody jump on theses things, it's not every day i can ship them out next day.

ME ME!!
Posted By: MLuko Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread update: - 10/20/05 04:54 PM

just wondering.. would the front cost as much as a rear?
Posted By: Pole120 Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread update: - 10/20/05 04:57 PM
Fronts are $100, and include a $50 core charge
Originally posted by Tour4reak:

Trust me go ahead and get both of them while your at it. Well worth the money.
-tropictour
Posted By: MLuko Re: *NEW* poly roll resistor thread update: - 10/21/05 01:27 AM
Originally posted by tropictour:
Originally posted by Tour4reak:

Trust me go ahead and get both of them while your at it. Well worth the money.
-tropictour

i have the rear already and i love it
© CEG Archives