Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Hightower GT ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 02/18/05 09:46 PM
Spring is just around the corner and I have had a few people ask me for these again.

This is going to be a limited time thing, so if you are thinking about it, get one now.

I am ONLY going to make these things for the next 2 weeks. After that, I don't know when I will make more.

Send $30 to my PayPal account and you get one shipped to you. These are going to be made in one big batch, too.

PayPal address is "mistermann7(AT)hotmail.com"

Make sure you include your shipping address with the payment!!!

The $30 includes shipping to the 48 states. Canada and HI/AK will be higher, but contact me.

I will have the How-To for the install back up soon.

Thanks,

-Chris
So what are these, and what do they do?? Just make your moonroof open faster?
I'm guessing it would be a "1 touch" thing like the drivers window.
Posted By: m!key Re: ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 02/18/05 11:03 PM
yeah i want two!
Posted By: DanburySE Re: ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 02/19/05 12:54 AM
if its an easy do it yourself mod im definitely interested. can u post the how-to so i can decide. thank you
Posted By: Harrry Re: ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 02/19/05 02:15 AM
Originally posted by LilRedRocket:
I'm guessing it would be a "1 touch" thing like the drivers window.

If it is a like a one touch buton and it opens. Then i want this!!

I am down keep me informed. And let me know when and where to send the money. Also can i send a money order? PM me and let me know.

Posted By: JB1 Re: ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 02/19/05 03:09 AM
working under the assumption that this module allows one touch opening will it also allow one touch closing? because that would be cool.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 02/19/05 03:57 AM
Originally posted by my csvt:
working under the assumption that this module allows one touch opening will it also allow one touch closing? because that would be cool.

will the one touch apply for the poping up and down the moonroof as well? cause if so, I'm in
Originally posted by my csvt:

In the past, Chris didn't do one-touch closing for liability issues. A kid or some stupid adult could get their head/hand/hair caught if they weren't careful.
soooo what the heck does this thing do???
Posted By: m!key Re: ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 02/19/05 06:08 AM
you press the button once and the sunroof opens. how hard of a concept is this people?
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 02/19/05 06:11 AM
Originally posted by mikey boy:
you press the button once and the sunroof opens. how hard of a concept is this people?

it very little info, if it opens with one touch, does it close with on touch? doe it pop open with on touch? close with one touch?
Posted By: m!key Re: ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 02/19/05 06:11 AM
my head hurts.
Holy COW people!!!

It says

Just Open.
Not Close.
Once you install it, all you do is hit the OPEN button once, let go, and it opens all the way (EXPRESS Style!)

It works JUST LIKE the "AUTO" clicker thingy on the driver side window.

Posted By: JeSiZZle Re: ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 02/19/05 07:03 AM
im in if you can give me til end of the month. as long as i dont lose my hard-worked for (stolen from jyard) lighted switch
Posted By: EvlBill Re: ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 02/19/05 04:37 PM
Sweet, I've been wondering if you were going to do these again.
Chris,

Thanks Again!

I've sent a paypal payment to your account. This may or may not be covered in the HOW-TO, but what is required to make this lighted as well?

TIA,
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 02/19/05 07:05 PM
Money sent!
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 02/19/05 10:49 PM
it would be the same button as the power windows.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 02/20/05 01:45 AM
so let me get this straight, the express button is for closing the moonroof while you still have to hold the button to open it, like you do now. is that correct??

you done been paypaled chris!
Posted By: Harrry Re: ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 02/20/05 01:54 AM
I hope your joking!!

See when you touch the button to open the roof, u hit the button once and the moonroof opens by itself all the way back!! when you need to close it, you have to hold the button teh whole time so it can close!!

Got it lol
Posted By: svt4stv Re: ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 02/20/05 02:04 AM
wait a minute! which button are YOU talking about??
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 02/20/05 02:07 AM
check how to's for light up switch for sunroof. You use the same switch as the window..
Posted By: dbateman Re: ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 02/20/05 02:35 AM
I'd like to see the howto first before I order, but if it's no big deal wiring-wise I'm in!

Lighted would also be great if possible.
Chris, are you taking money orders? Just wondering if you are for those w/out paypal accounts. If so should they just PM you for your addy to send it to?

Thanks
Originally posted by dbateman:
I'd like to see the howto first before I order, but if it's no big deal wiring-wise I'm in!

Lighted would also be great if possible.

it seems Chris's web site is down or something as the instructions were there, didn't seem to bad

also go to the site how to's as there are instrictions there for lighting your moonroof switch and that would be completely seperate from this one touch relay

but with that I am in and sending the money now
Just ordered one.
This GB closes March 3rd, so if you don't get me the money by then, you don't get one.

For people that don't have the internet, and don't want to open a PayPal account for whatever reason, PM me for mailing address.

Posted By: svt4stv Re: ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 02/28/05 07:35 PM
any idea when these will ship? im gettin tired of holding my arm in the air for 10 seconds while i let in the glorious Cali sunshine.

not buggin by the way, just curious.
Originally posted by svt4stv:
any idea when these will ship? im gettin tired of holding my arm in the air for 10 seconds while i let in the glorious Cali sunshine.

not buggin by the way, just curious.

LOL! With a foot of snow on the way tonight, I'm certainly in no hurry to get one of these installed!

Chris, did you post the How To yet? You may have people holding off until they see the How To.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 03/02/05 04:25 AM
you're shipping these already? Pleeeease tell me youre not using FedEx!
Originally posted by svt4stv:
you're shipping these already? Pleeeease tell me youre not using FedEx!

Not shipping yet, as these aren't made yet. They will be made as a batch after March 3rd.

As for people wanting to see the How-To, I am moving it over to another one of my servers. However, I can tell you it involves 2 screws, cutting one wire, and crimping 6 wire splices. About 15 minutes total, even if you are blind (and someone is telling you what the wire colors are)
yeah the install isnt tough. the nononetouchclose is a definite bummer. for those that dont understand. look at your moonroof switch. the arrow that point to the back of the car is what will function as expressopen. the arrow pointing to the front of the car u have to hold to close. hold the front arrow to vent the moonroof. hit the back arrow once and the vent closes. hit it once again and the whole thing slides back. hold the front arrow again til the moonroof slides closed.

chris, would i be able to use another module to "wire" into the front arrow function?
Originally posted by hmouta:

chris, would i be able to use another module to "wire" into the front arrow function?

Yes, I have sold two modules to one person before in order to have one touch open AND close. The downside to that is losing the ability have it partially open (unless you turn off the car when it is in the middle). Then there is that pesky risk of getting limbs and other body parts stuck in a motorized window that doesn't stop when it hears someone scream.
I am in if this is still being offered... Thanks.
any news on shipping yet?
Any update on these? Just curious.
My source for getting the relays it taking alot longer than I expected. The ones that I have so far should be arriving soon.

I'll post when I get the shipment. Sorry for the delay guys.

-Chris
Originally posted by Chris Hightower:
My source for getting the relays it taking alot longer than I expected. The ones that I have so far should be arriving soon.

I'll post when I get the shipment. Sorry for the delay guys.

-Chris

Just keep us (me) updated and I'll be content with the delay.
Okay, I have all the rest of the parts now. I hope to bang them all out tomorrow. Please PM me if you have sent me a check or MO.

-Chris
would u be willing to tell me where to wire the 2nd module. i never partially open the moonroof. its vented up or all the way back.

I'm going to have to dig that info up. It's been a while since I have messed with the way the circuit works.
much appreciated chris
Alright, I have put my website back up on the new server. Here is the How-To for the installation:

http://crush7.dyndns.org/moonroof_express_open.htm

I have a big batch of these things being mailed out Wednesday, also. (travelling until then)

PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks,

-Chris

sweet, can't wait to get and install this, thanks again
Thanks Chris.
anyone received theirs yet?
chris, did u happen to find the wiring info to wire in a 2nd module?
Originally posted by hmouta:
chris, did u happen to find the wiring info to wire in a 2nd module?

Hugo, I can't for the life of me find that circuit info. I know I sent it to a fellow CEG'er, but forgot who it was. I'm going to have to bust open my moonroof panel to figure out how it works again. (However, if whoever I sent that info to is reading this, please let me know what I told you to do!)

As for everyone else, the last batch of moonroof kits are going out today (Wedesday). I've been a little busy with work and also having to take care of my gimp wife

For some reason I made 6 additional kits. These are going to be first come first serve. I don't know when I will make another batch of these things. PayPal, or PM me for money order details.

-Chris
Posted By: MLK Re: ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 04/13/05 03:45 PM
Chris - just paypal'd you the $30 - thanks
Thanks Chris for the update.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 04/15/05 05:47 PM
the last batch went out wednesday? youve been shipping these? i think i was one of the first who payed/ordered but i havent received mine yet. ive just been patiently sitting here waiting.
mine came today, thanks
Got mine over the weekend. Thanks.
Originally posted by TommySVT:
Got mine over the weekend. Thanks.

Same here.
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 04/19/05 05:05 AM
Got mine today.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 04/19/05 06:34 AM
Originally posted by dion:
Got mine today.

Posted By: Bob98Merc Re: ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 04/19/05 08:33 PM
Chris, I've been trying to e-mail you but keep getting "Delivery Failures" to chris@spazmail.com. I sent you $30 for one of those additional kits. Shoot me an e-mail or something letting me know what's up.

-Bob
Posted By: MLK Re: ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 04/20/05 05:07 AM
got it
Originally posted by Bob98Merc:
Chris, I've been trying to e-mail you but keep getting "Delivery Failures" to chris@spazmail.com. I sent you $30 for one of those additional kits. Shoot me an e-mail or something letting me know what's up.

-Bob

Check out the original post for this:

Quote:

PayPal address is "mistermann7(AT)hotmail.com"

I have four left, too.

-Chris
yeah if anyone has installed 2 modules and has the how to for the 2nd module, pls speak up
don't know if this helps but I would think that you would want to connect it the same way but connect to the other part of the switch, the first one would be connected to the open side then connect it the same to the close side of the switch

if this helps, from a 95

1 Y tilt up/open
2 P/BL Power
3 BK Ground
4 Not Used
5 Not Used
6 BK Ground
7 W/BL Close/Tilt Down

numbers go with the clip up
4 3 2 1
7 6 5
Brian,

I may call upon your expertize during the NE-CEG Spring Meet
Originally posted by zgendron:
Brian,

I may call upon your expertize during the NE-CEG Spring Meet

no problem, I just followed the directions, I will also have the lighted switch for you also, you will need like a ft of wire and two of those quick splice things to make it work
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: ***Express Open Moonroof module GB*** - 04/26/05 10:54 PM
private message to Chris...
© CEG Archives