Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Y2KSVT MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/17/05 03:20 PM
Hey everyone, I just received an email from Marty @ MSDS Inc and he has given me one heck of an offer to make the CEG.. He wants to hold a personal group buy that needs NO minimum, and there's NO maximum to the people that can get in on this! Here are the details straight from an email I received today from Marty.

"Hi Mark,
just thought of dropping you a line with a sale offer to your CEG group: a
"Two-For" sale. It would work like this: Two buds can buy 2 sets of MSDS
headers, the second set would be 22% off the existing prices. In essence
each buyer splits the discount for an 11% savings.
There will be no minimum amount of buyers (as in a group buy), and the
event starts on 2/22 and goes thru 3/22."

Here are the prices, again straight from Marty!

"HO810 header set/ y-pipe is $660.00 (includes base Z95 ceramic).
HO811 (Vortec spec--please call for price)
add Xtreme Metallic Ceramic +40.00
Delete any ceramic coating - 40.00
Delete y-pipe -40.00
fr/ins ground FedEx (48 State) 28.00

Orders will be processed and shipped in order received, up thru the 3/22 cut off date.
Considering what the steel industry goes thru every week, this is a good offer !"

The # to call is 818-50-POWER (818-507-6937).. Talk to Marty and mention the "Two-For" deal with CEG!!

This is an awesome deal for anyone looking to buy a set of MSDS Headers. I can personally vouch for this product and MSDS's awesome customer service.

Also, the discount applies to the header package only, and not the coatings. So take the 22%(11% each) off of the price of the H0810 or H0811 package and then add/delete for the coating.. So in reality, you're saving close to $72 on the H0810 set!!

Thanks Marty!

Mark
I got the same email ... cross posting on NECO as well
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/17/05 04:41 PM
and of course i just bought mine right before this happens.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/17/05 04:42 PM
and if you dont find a buddy, then there is no discount???problem being i have no friends!!!!!!!!! if i can find someone to install i could be down.....i cant do it my self.....imagine what 9 year old exh maniflold bolts look like on a car that spent its whole life in new york!!
Posted By: liquidX Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/17/05 04:59 PM
Originally posted by tour96se:
and if you dont find a buddy, then there is no discount???problem being i have no friends!!!!!!!!! if i can find someone to install i could be down.....i cant do it my self.....imagine what 9 year old exh maniflold bolts look like on a car that spent its whole life in new york!!

Hey, my car's previous owners were a married couple that lived on the beach so I am on the same boat! I am getting these headers next month and we can jump on an order together. Are you in a hurry?

XL
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/17/05 05:28 PM
Remember, orders must be placed between 2/22 and 3/22 to receive the discount! So tour96se, if you are looking to purchase these anytime soon, go ahead and get in with DurateX as I know he's probably looking for a "buddy" for this discount.

And to answer your question, yes you must have a 2nd person to get the discount.

Mark
Posted By: epattonm Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/17/05 05:59 PM
Do we have to get the Y-pipe? There was a post not too long ago saying that you could opt NOT to get the MSDS Y-pipe and save some money (for those of us with optimized y-pipes). If I remember correctly, this was if ordered directly from MSDS. Worth the question though.
Posted By: liquidX Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/17/05 06:06 PM
Originally posted by epattonm:
Do we have to get the Y-pipe? There was a post not too long ago saying that you could opt NOT to get the MSDS Y-pipe and save some money (for those of us with optimized y-pipes). If I remember correctly, this was if ordered directly from MSDS. Worth the question though.

I know I need one...

XL
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/17/05 06:12 PM

You don't have to get the MSDS Y. If you opt out of it, you get $40 off your price.

But if you were to get it, I'm sure you could find someone to toss you the $40 and take it off your hands.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/17/05 06:45 PM
Originally posted by RogerB:

You don't have to get the MSDS Y. If you opt out of it, you get $40 off your price.

But if you were to get it, I'm sure you could find someone to toss you the $40 and take it off your hands.

Definitely.. Or sell it for even more and make a profit.. But be aware that not using the MSDS y-pipe will I believe cause some warranty problems.. I'm pretty sure that you must use their y-pipe to keep your warranty..

Mark
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/17/05 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by RogerB:

Definitely.. Or sell it for even more and make a profit.. But be aware that not using the MSDS y-pipe will I believe cause some warranty problems.. I'm pretty sure that you must use their y-pipe to keep your warranty..

Mark

Then why would they offer to sell the headers ala carte?

Originally posted by MSDS:
Warranty: One year/ to original purchaser (end user) to materials and workmanship, unless otherwise noted, such as Borla products 1,000,000 mile warranty.

Not Covered: Damage caused by use of "Header Wrap", lean burn caused by mixture conditions associated with nitrous oxide, misuse, bottoming out on pavement, discoloration of nickle plating, ceramic coating, paint, unfamiliarization of vehicles ecu to learn msds products (c-e-l or m-i-l light), labor, freight, rental car costs, refusal by your mechanic to install parts, voiding of your cars warranty, damage to engine / power train, any and all liability including bodily injury / property damage. Warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of parts only, at the discretion of msds. All freight claims for shortage / damage to shipments must be made by the consignee to the freight company within 72 hours of discovery. If you need a tracking number of your shipment, please contact us.

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/17/05 08:37 PM
That's why I said "I believe" and "I'm pretty sure".. I'll get back with Marty and clear this up.. Thanks for the headsup on that Roger..

Mark
Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/18/05 12:49 AM
Yup, great offer, got a phone call from Marty yesterday regarding this sale.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/18/05 01:16 AM
duratex...just let me know when you want to go in....i was thinking maybe the 15th,or 16th of next month....let me know
Posted By: liquidX Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/18/05 03:14 AM
duratex...just let me know when you want to go in....i was thinking maybe the 15th,or 16th of next month....let me know

That is perfect for my budget, however it does draw a little close to SZ. Can you make it from the 5-10th, or is having them on for the event not an important issue for you? It's not critical for me, but the added savings in gas mileage for the hundreds of miles to Indiana would help considerably. Let me know...

XL
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/18/05 03:37 AM
So, what kinda gains are we talking for this amount of coin? I mean is it worth almost $700 for the entire package?
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/18/05 04:32 AM
i think gains vary from app to app, you know depending on other work to the engine and exhaust but i think you can expect around 10-12 hp at the wheels?? someone wanna chime in and make me look stupid(they always do )
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/18/05 04:35 AM
as far as having them in time....i was kinding of hoping to have them on before sz.....but so far the only person i can find to do them is dean joyce...about 4-5 hours away.....so i'll see
Posted By: goalcoach Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/18/05 04:46 AM
So, to understand this discount, I have to find someone else who wants to order? If someone is interested, e-mail me - I would really like to get in on this buy. Either leave me a message herer or at goalcoach@comcast.net.

Thanks!
Posted By: svt4stv Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/18/05 05:07 AM
im definitely interested in getting this.
is this less than what the last GB paid?

when ordering with a "buddy" do the sets have to be sent to the same address? or is this basically ordering two at a time and the sets can be shipped two different places?
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/18/05 05:09 AM
i think gains vary from app to app, you know depending on other work to the engine and exhaust but i think you can expect around 10-12 hp at the wheels?? someone wanna chime in and make me look stupid(they always do )

Really? Hmmm, that'll make me have to think about it. I only have the stock 2.5. Maybe not worth my $$$. 10-12hp is nice, but not $700 nice.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/18/05 05:13 AM
Originally posted by Kokopellian:

Really? Hmmm, that'll make me have to think about it. I only have the stock 2.5. Maybe not worth my $$$. 10-12hp is nice, but not $700 nice.

i could be wrong about the hp...if you delete the ypipe that saves you 40.00 although you could easily sell it for 100.00
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/18/05 05:18 AM
I have the Sho-shop Y. I take it that these MSDS headers won't work with it will they?
Posted By: svt4stv Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/18/05 05:28 AM
I have the Sho-shop Y. I take it that these MSDS headers won't work with it will they?

im sure ive read that it is actually worse to use with the shmo shop y pipe. just sell it. there are plenty of people who'd love to buy it. in sure you'd get more than the $40 you'd save by not getting the msds y pipe.
Posted By: Harrry Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/18/05 07:21 AM

The sho shop will work with these headers. Sho shop even recomends it on there site!!

OK now msds won't warranty the headers if you use any other y-pipe. Well because the y-pipe like the bat-pipe and sho shop don't use the stock bolt attachment that is in back of the engine. So it can't pivot off the engine when the engine is flexing back and forth. You need this pivot becuase it can cause stress to the engine headers causing them to slowly lossen or even crack!!

So msds recomends there headers and y-pipe. I recomend you guys do the whole mod don't half ass [censored] like this. Get the y-pipe if yo hanv't already done a optomization to yours already!!

By the way it is 10-13 hp at the wheels and from 15-17 trq at teh wheels. So instead of having 200 motor u have 220!! fot 700 divided 20 = $35.00 for each horsepower. not bad considering you get roughly 17 more torque!!

I hope i cleared some stuff up!!
Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/18/05 12:28 PM
Speaking with Marty at MSDS yesterday, he has allowed us on this deal and to act as a (the) Canadian dealer for Canadian customers.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/18/05 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Mkingracing:

The sho shop will work with these headers. Sho shop even recomends it on there site!!

OK now msds won't warranty the headers if you use any other y-pipe. Well because the y-pipe like the bat-pipe and sho shop don't use the stock bolt attachment that is in back of the engine. So it can't pivot off the engine when the engine is flexing back and forth. You need this pivot becuase it can cause stress to the engine headers causing them to slowly lossen or even crack!!

OK, but the stock Y wouldn't have this pivot problem, and their warranty says nothing of it.

Anyway, I'm looking for an improvement to my stock, crush-bent, POS Y-pipe, but I'm trying to stay "in class" for SCCA Solo II STS. (Can't use the headers.)

So, if anyone wants to sell an unwanted MSDS Y, or already optimized stock Y, I'm very interested.

I know what you're paying for the MSDS Y, though, so don't expect $100 for it. For that, I can optimize my own. Don't be ridiculous, people.

And I've no interest in that SHO-shop POS. Sorry. Not only does it perform worse than an optimized Y, but it's illegal for my class.

PM me.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/18/05 01:44 PM
Hey guys, I'll try and clear up some questions you all have. First off, I wouldn't stand behind this group buy if the headers + y-pipe weren't an absolute must have on these cars. I'm not making any money off this and I'm obviously not connected to MSDS in any way.

With that said, I received a couple of emails from Marty on the warranty issue. I'll let you have a look at what he's said.

"Mark, since I cannot stand behind the engineering/ integrity of " Fill in y-pipe style here", the wear and tear on msds headers--running w/o an msds engineered OE style Bracket (goes to bottom oil pan) can not be extended --Trust me, when a company says it HAS a bracket...it is usually nothing more than a thin 11 gauge hanging- muffler strap ! On the true duals, I already know from first hand experience that the loads on the front header will cause premature failure, as the front header becomes the support member for the remaining system. Don't get me wrong...a good system can be fabb'd and run for ten years on msds headers...I just opt NOT to marry a customer with failures and woes that we can not control. "

He goes on to say this in a 2nd email.

"Mark, BTW silly me...all OE Ford y-pipes that are optimized-but retain the OE support bracket will retain ALL msdsinc warrantees ."

Mark
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/18/05 01:47 PM
Originally posted by durateX:

That is perfect for my budget, however it does draw a little close to SZ. Can you make it from the 5-10th, or is having them on for the event not an important issue for you?

Hey guys, Spring Zing isn't until May 19th.. You should have pleanty of time to install the headers as Marty is really good about getting his products out the door and to his customers.

Mark
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/18/05 01:52 PM
Originally posted by svt4stv:
im definitely interested in getting this.
is this less than what the last GB paid?

when ordering with a "buddy" do the sets have to be sent to the same address? or is this basically ordering two at a time and the sets can be shipped two different places?

svt4stv - Goalcoach said he was interested just one post above you, so if you're looking for a partner then shoot him a PM or email.. As for shipping.. Everything is seperate.. When the first person calls to order, let them know who your buddy is.. You should get your 11% off as long as the other person calls to order also(and will get 11% off also).

Mark
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/18/05 02:04 PM
Thanks for clearing that up.

John,

I did a before MSDS and after MSDS Dyno last Fall (Mustang Dyno) and gained ~12HP and ~18LB Torque at the wheels. Very noticable on the butt dyno as well, not dissapointed at all.
Posted By: 04marauder Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/18/05 03:26 PM
Will somebody be my buddy?

I'm surely in on this.
Posted By: liquidX Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/18/05 03:55 PM
Hey guys, Spring Zing isn't until May 19th.. You should have pleanty of time to install the headers as Marty is really good about getting his products out the door and to his customers.

Mark

Oh sh*t my ignorance! I had the month of March in my head for some reason! Thanks Y2K, you gave me some breathing room... sigh

XL
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/18/05 04:08 PM

Oh sh*t my ignorance! I had the month of March in my head for some reason! Thanks Y2K, you gave me some breathing room... sigh

XL

so does my time frame work for you??
Posted By: liquidX Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/18/05 04:11 PM
so does my time frame work for you??

That is an affirmative captain!

Got buddy?

XL
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/18/05 04:18 PM
I had the month of March in my head for some reason!

Kind of thought that was the case.. Was hoping it wouldn't take you 2 months to install the headers

Mark
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/18/05 04:20 PM

Kind of thought that was the case.. Was hoping it wouldn't take you 2 months to install the headers

Mark

it might take me that long
Posted By: svt4stv Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/18/05 06:42 PM
anyone know if these will pass California communist smog testing? yes? just not visual inspection? wont pass the emissions testing? no problem at all?
Posted By: liquidX Re: I got a mechanic!!! - 02/18/05 06:45 PM

Mark

Charging me $150.00 and can get the car done in 48 hours. It's the same mechanic that did my clutch and flywheel, and has plenty experience working on CSVT's.

XL
Posted By: 04marauder Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/19/05 12:56 AM
you must have a 2nd person to get the discount.

Mark

How about it? Does anyone want to pair up here? If so please keep me in mind.
Posted By: goalcoach Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/19/05 04:07 AM
Maurader04 - check your email, I am ready to buy - just looking for someone to pair up with for the discount.

Art
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/19/05 05:05 PM
Originally posted by scottd60:

John,

I did a before MSDS and after MSDS Dyno last Fall (Mustang Dyno) and gained ~12HP and ~18LB Torque at the wheels. Very noticable on the butt dyno as well, not dissapointed at all.

Thanks Scott.
Posted By: fordracing89 Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/19/05 07:37 PM
Yep, I am looking for a partner to buy with too, I am in Belgium I already emailed him about a set today before I checked on here to see what kind of buys were going on. So if anyone is in for a set I am for sure buying. Then I will probably be selling the bat y-pipe that I bought 6 months ago.

On these headers does it affect the o2 sensor in anyway?
I know there is a search button as well. So I am going to check that now. If you guys want to see what a nice finger wound looks like http://forums.mightymustangs.net/index.php?showtopic=4700

So I will be having a bud do my install for me instead of myself. Also getting ready to buy the Trubendz magnaflow setup most likely, unless anyone has a better idea.

Mark

So whats the deal, second thoughts on the swap?
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/20/05 05:08 AM
not at all just preparing.....
Posted By: TheeSVTShow Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/20/05 03:28 PM
I have a few questions first: I live in Cleveland, and basically the snow trucks could be out in June with the crazy weather we get... So is the Extreme Metallic Coating recommended to protect against the elements, or should I just delete and stick with the coating they already get with the deal?

I know there is a place for 02 sensors to go, but will MSDS provide us with whatever it is that "tricks" the computer so no engine light comes on?

These are all questions I can probably ask Marty about, this just occured to me. I will still ask the last one though to get more opinions: Will I be able to pass E-check with just an SVT main cat, or say a Magnaflow Hiflow cat?

If so I am definitely in, even though money is tight once again, this is definitely worth the buy from all that's been said about MSDS and their quality and how good they have been to CEG and NECO and whoever else.
Posted By: TheeSVTShow Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/20/05 03:30 PM
Oh yeah, got buddy? Who else is looking for a buddy? I am, PM me.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/20/05 03:39 PM
i wouldnt recomend the basic coating no matter where you live....from what i've read they rust pretty quickly...get it jet coated........and normally they do come with the mil eliminators....i dont see why they wouldnt with the gb
Posted By: TheeSVTShow Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/21/05 01:51 AM
I figured as much, just a little tight on money and trying to take advantage of the deal anyway. So who needs a buddy?
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/21/05 03:14 AM
Originally posted by TheeSVTShow:
I figured as much, just a little tight on money and trying to take advantage of the deal anyway. So who needs a buddy?

You have a PM. (as if you didn't know )

BTW, I emailed Chris at Jet Hot to see if he would honor the price for coating the headers they offered during the Extrude Hone GB in June of last year. Hopefully he'll answer me tomorrow.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/21/05 05:03 AM
I was going through the threads from the previous MSDS group buy and came across this from NVSVT:

So tomorrow the Y-Pipe goes to Street Rod Specialties (SRS) to have it optimized and then when SRS is done I'll send the headers and Y-Pipe off to Jet-Hot for coating.

I want to say "THANK YOU" to Michael for setting-up the group buy and to all of you for following through to make this happen.

SVT PETE sent me this link;

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=perf&Number=337668&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

So I am having this done to my MSDS Y-Pipe.

What's the story on this? If NVSVT and SVT PETE did this, are those of us who don't do this getting the short end of the stick? Or is this something we really don't need to worry about?

Next question: Ohio's new emissions check is done by plugging their computor into the port under the dash (sorry I don't know the proper word for it). It's not just a visual and a sensor in the exhaust tip. Will I pass the emissions check?

Posted By: m!key Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/21/05 05:15 AM
if you have no check engine lights then you will probably pass. the car isnt even running when the do it.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/21/05 05:52 AM
no i think most people have known that about the msds ypipe......at least i assume most know that?? we just started that test out here i believe they let it idle for 5 minutes before they plug the scanner into the odbII port,i checks the emisions system,scans for present codes and pending codes as well..i'm do at the end of april....i've got the mil's so i'm praying that i'll pass the test....if not i'll wait until a couple of days before sz and get a 10 day so i can attend,get home and part the old girl out
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/21/05 02:00 PM
Part it out?? Are you getting rid of the car all together?

Anywho, to try and answer some questions.

Yes, the extreme coating will help w/ protecting against road elements. For $40.00 more, it's not a bad deal at all. It's not QUITE as high quality as "JET HOT", but is similar. I couldn't warrant getting the headers, shipping them to Jet Hot and pay 2x what MSDS wants, then have them shipped back to me. Then again, I was also racing against the clock to get my motor finished.

No, you don't HAVE to have your y-pip optimized. People are basically removing the V bend in the y-pipe and replacing it with a U bend for a little better flow. Definitely not needed though.

Emissions - I live in Indiana and we don't have emissions testing. Might want to look into what your state requires and how they do their testing.

Mark
Posted By: 04marauder Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/21/05 04:43 PM
Originally posted by goalcoach:
Maurader04 - check your email, I am ready to buy - just looking for someone to pair up with for the discount.

Art

got emails, order when ready. will do the same. probably today or tomorrow the latest. thanks gc.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/21/05 04:48 PM
Originally posted by 04marauder:
got emails, order when ready. will do the same. probably today or tomorrow the latest. thanks gc.

Wait until tomorrow(2/22) as the Group Rate doesn't officially start until then. It also ends 3/22 so make sure you get your orders in by that date!!

Mark
Posted By: 04marauder Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/21/05 05:01 PM

Wait until tomorrow(2/22) as the Group Rate doesn't officially start until then. It also ends 3/22 so make sure you get your orders in by that date!!

Mark

Oh yeah!
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/21/05 06:46 PM
I just got the following email from Chris at Jet Hot. Lookin better each day. I told him this GB was a new one, not the one from a few months ago.

Dear Tom,

I would certainly like to run another GP. I will offer the $125.30 price again. The last GP never turned out as good as I though it would, but I was under the impression that that GP was still in the works? Let me know if I�m incorrect.

Thanks

Chris

Posted By: wa2tuff Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/21/05 07:10 PM
The price from Jet Hot for the y-pipe last time was $10.50 per foot. Anybody have a guess on how many feet are in a y-pipe? I'm trying to figure out a total cost for everything.
Posted By: 04marauder Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/22/05 08:42 PM
Originally posted by goalcoach:
Marauder 04 - check your email, I am ready to buy - just looking for someone to pair up with for the discount.

Art

Apparently I still need a buddy.

Does anyone else want to go in on this with me?

Preferably someone who will do what they say they're going to do.
Posted By: goalcoach Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/22/05 09:14 PM
Hey, that's not fair. I was the first to post that I needed a partner to purchase. I emailed several people who also stated they need someone to pair up with (but did not bother to look back in the thread!) - the first one who got back to me was who I went with.

Art
Posted By: 04marauder Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/22/05 10:26 PM
gc - you were not the first to post that you needed a partner. And you teamed up with someone who posted after I did. But maybe I'm not looking at this the right way. I did see that I overlooked you when I posted. I just thought I should have had priority, if there is such a thing in this case. Forget it though. My apologies, I hope you enjoy your headers. Again if anyone out there wants to do this and doesn't have a partner please keep me in mind. No hard feelings gc.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/22/05 10:35 PM
Um, maybe a LIST might help.
Posted By: 04marauder Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/23/05 12:29 AM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Um, maybe a LIST might help.

I agree even though only one person at a time makes up the "list".

Is it fair to say then that I'm next on the one man list?

OK here it is - the updated list as it should be IMO.

1) 04 Marauder
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/23/05 02:58 AM
maru-04 i'll let you know...i havent heard much from duratex lately...so i'm not sure if were still in it together or what?
Posted By: 04marauder Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/23/05 01:13 PM
maru-04 i'll let you know...i havent heard much from duratex lately...so i'm not sure if were still in it together or what?

Thought you guys were waiting untill next month.

And what happened to svt4stv? Wasn't he a for sure?

Thats really why I overlooked gc. It looked like svt4stv and coach would/should be partners. But then.. Oh never mind.

Oh well, let me know. But give him some time. Its still early and I wouldn't want anyone else to feel like I did.

Hey fastcougar did you say you let NECO know about this? How is that going? Any problems or stragglers needing a partner? Too lazy to check myself.
Link to NECO group buy thread
Posted By: liquidX Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/23/05 05:49 PM

Yeah I though we were waiting for around the 15th of March... did I miss something?

XL
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/23/05 08:06 PM
nope just checking!!!!!!!
Posted By: 04marauder Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/23/05 08:12 PM
The system works.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/24/05 02:42 AM
The system works.

you must be really angry with someone
Posted By: 04marauder Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/24/05 03:14 AM
The system works.

you must be really angry with someone

What makes you say that?

I'm just hurt. I think I'm going to

j/k

Come on, somebody get in on this. This seems like a good deal. I can't wait to get these.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/24/05 08:48 PM
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
I just got the following email from Chris at Jet Hot. Lookin better each day. I told him this GB was a new one, not the one from a few months ago.

Dear Tom,

I would certainly like to run another GP. I will offer the $125.30 price again. The last GP never turned out as good as I though it would, but I was under the impression that that GP was still in the works? Let me know if I�m incorrect.

Thanks

Chris

In case anyone wants to use Jet Hot for their coating, you'll have to call Chris at Jet Hot and get a customer number. That will identify you for the discount. His number is 800-432-3379. I'm gonna use them cause the weather around here sucks and so far mine is still a daily driver.
Posted By: 04marauder Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/24/05 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Mkingracing:

So msds recomends there headers and y-pipe. I recomend you guys do the whole mod don't half ass [censored] like this. Get the y-pipe if yo hanv't already done a optomization to yours already!!

By the way it is 10-13 hp at the wheels and from 15-17 trq at teh wheels. So instead of having 200 motor u have 220!! fot 700 divided 20 = $35.00 for each horsepower. not bad considering you get roughly 17 more torque!!

I hope i cleared some stuff up!!

Still a little confused here. The warranty is good if you use the MSDS y-pipe or an optimized stock y-pipe since the bracket stays intact right?? I also read that the MSDS y-pipe could be further optimized by SRS (?) and I was wondering if it might be best just to optimize my own stock y-pipe rather than get the MSDS y and have it modified. I still retain the warranty and the modified stock y flows better than the MSDS y. I geuss it comes down too whats best the MSDS (unmodified) y or my own modified y? Does this matter much or am I splitting hairs.
Posted By: 04marauder Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/24/05 10:31 PM

Dear Tom,

Thanks

Chris

In case anyone wants to use Jet Hot for their coating, you'll have to call Chris at Jet Hot and get a customer number. That will identify you for the discount. His number is 800-432-3379. I'm gonna use them cause the weather around here sucks and so far mine is still a daily driver.

Forgive the ignorance but is the Jet Hot instead of or in addition to the coatings offered by MSDS? Whats the advantage there?
Posted By: DDV Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/24/05 11:03 PM
I need a buddy.
Posted By: 04marauder Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/25/05 12:28 AM
An update: I found a buddy earlier today.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/25/05 01:38 PM

Dear Tom,

Thanks

Chris

Forgive the ignorance but is the Jet Hot instead of or in addition to the coatings offered by MSDS? Whats the advantage there?

If you're to go with Jet Hot, you'll want to order the headers with no coating(-$40). Then you'll ship them to Jet Hot to have them coated. Yes, Jet Hot is the best at what they do, but in my honest opinion, the extreme coating MSDS uses is WELL worth the $40.00.

Mark
Posted By: liquidX Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/25/05 07:01 PM
**Calling on tour96se**

Gotta question bud. In order for us to match each others order, I just wanted to know if you are getting yours with the ceramic coating or normal, and if you are getting it with the y-pipe. I was planning on both but first wanted to check if you are getting the same... Let me know...

XL
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/25/05 07:14 PM
DurateX - Not sure if I'm grasping what you're asking, but you both shouldn't have to order the same exact package. Once you both order, Marty gives you the 22% off. So when you give him your CC info, he'll give you each 11% off your individual order, no matter what coating you get/don't get. Hope that clears things up before tour96se gets back on.

Mark
Posted By: liquidX Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/25/05 07:30 PM
DurateX - Not sure if I'm grasping what you're asking, but you both shouldn't have to order the same exact package. Once you both order, Marty gives you the 22% off. So when you give him your CC info, he'll give you each 11% off your individual order, no matter what coating you get/don't get. Hope that clears things up before tour96se gets back on.

Mark

Got it, thanks!

XL
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/26/05 06:14 AM
not that it matters i guess but i'm going w/o any type of coating or ypipe.......
Posted By: path914 Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/26/05 08:46 AM
not that it matters i guess but i'm going w/o any type of coating or ypipe.......

Pay the $40 extra for the y-pipe at least. You will be able to sell it for more than that for sure. I, for one, would certainly be interested.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/26/05 03:52 PM
Now the waiting begins.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/27/05 04:00 AM

Cost of the Y-pipe by itself is $150. Not worth that, IMO, but...

Cost of optimizing the stock Y? I've heard figures anywhere from $50 to $105, and furthermore it either requires taking the car to a shop or buying a stock Y out of the classifieds or a junkyard and taking that to a shop, which adds to the cost.

So, you figure spending $40 now for an MSDS Y and you ought to be able to sell it for at least $50, if not more, depending on the cost of custom exhaust work in a given area, based on the fact that despite the kink and despite being "out-flowed" by an opti-stocker, the power figures are about the same, and based on the convenience of a quick bolt-on...
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/27/05 04:19 AM
i already have a gutted sho shop y pipe, which if i remember correctly outflow the opti stocker.?
Posted By: mySVT_dup1 Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/28/05 02:23 AM
If anyone is willing to buy the y-pipe for $40 with their headers i would buy it off them for a reasonable price.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 02/28/05 02:47 AM
i already have a gutted sho shop y pipe, which if i remember correctly outflow the opti stocker.?

Maybe on a flow bench, but on this car, they actually lose power. Better power out of an optimized stock or MSDS Y (according to the dyno kings...)
Posted By: fordracing89 Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 03/02/05 12:03 AM
@MySVT let me see if this bat y pipe I have will actually seal on the headers (I will be selling one of the two) if not I will probably be selling it and the magnaflow cat that it came with I opted for the stainless steel it's been on the car since Oct Nov time frame. I just hate to bolt that stock cat and pipe back up to the car.
Posted By: mySVT_dup1 Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 03/02/05 12:46 AM
Alright that sounds good, send a pm my way once you figured it out.
Posted By: liquidX Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 03/02/05 07:38 PM
Tour96se, have you started saving yet? I am making sure to keep a seperate stash just four my tour upgrades .
Posted By: fordracing89 Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 03/02/05 08:49 PM
So I got the headers on order, when others have replaced theirs did they use new exhaust manifold/header bolts? If so anyone know the best place to get them? So I can go ahead and order them. Also anyone that can't afford a set new someone is selling a set on ebay, the guy with the custom intake.
oh he is also selling his bosal exhaust. Wish he had done that last week woulda saved me several hundred bucks..
Posted By: DDV Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 03/03/05 04:55 PM
I still need a buddy!

Any takers?
Posted By: epattonm Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 03/07/05 01:28 AM
PM sent
<-------------- Have Money, Need Buddy! PM me and i should be able to get back to you within an hour if i'm not sleeping
Posted By: epattonm Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 03/07/05 04:52 AM
Let me see what DDV is doing, since I sent him a PM. If I don't hear anything in a day or two, I'll let ya know so we can order.
Posted By: DDV Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 03/07/05 04:54 PM
PM sent

Ditto
Sent You A PM Epattonm
Ah Crap Anyone Else Wanna Be My Buddy?
Posted By: liquidX Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 03/07/05 06:33 PM
Hey tour96se, word is going around that you might not be able to stay in the group buy with me. If that is the case PM me and let me know so I can start my hunt for a back-up buddy. Thanks!

XL
Posted By: 04marauder Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 03/07/05 07:07 PM
Check the NECO board.
Will Do, Thanks Marauder..... Still need a buddy if anyone is interested PM me, send me an email at Redlineracer12@hotmail.com, or send me an IM on AIM my sn is Redlineracer12.
Posted By: andymel Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 03/08/05 02:06 AM
I need a buddy...Thanks.
Originally posted by andymel:
I need a buddy...Thanks.

Hey andymel you wanna buddy up? I Sent you a PM also.
I want to get in on this. I'm looking for a buddy. PM me thanks.
Posted By: andymel Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 03/09/05 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Redlineracer12:
I need a buddy...Thanks.

You're my buddy!
I need a buddy. Thanks.
Posted By: liquidX Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 03/09/05 11:03 PM
Okay, I am officially buddyless after 2 dropped partnerships. Who is up for buddying and what is your budget schedule?

XL
Duratex

I'll buddy up with you. I sent you a PM. I'm ready to lay down the plastic today if you want.
I need a buddy...Thanks.

You're my buddy!

andymel I'm ready to buy ASAP, sent you another PM you can call my cell or send me an email if you get a chance to let me know when you'll be ready!
Posted By: CLASSVT Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 03/11/05 05:11 AM
I'm in. If there is anybody left who needs a partner, I'll go in on this with you.
I haven't gotten any reply from durateX. I'll be your buddy CLASSVT.
Still being that i have not heard from andymel in like 2 days, i may be looking for a buddy again soon. I'm ready to buy soon so andymel i hope you sign on and check up soon or i'm going to need somebody else.....
Ok I still haven't gotten any reply from andymel. Anyone out their still wanting a set who's ready to lay down the money right away?
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 03/11/05 10:14 PM
REMINDER: This "two-for" deal ends 3/22, so anyone that wants in, better get on the phone ASAP.. Don't miss out on getting 11%(22% for the 2 of you) off your set of headers!!

Mark
Posted By: CLASSVT Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 03/11/05 10:15 PM
Originally posted by sundaydriver33:
I haven't gotten any reply from durateX. I'll be your buddy CLASSVT.

Cool, so I guess we just mention the "buddy's" name when we call for the order, and say we're doing the two'for deal? So theoretically one person would have to call right after the other? If that is the case, Monday will probably work out best unless they're open tomorrow. Let me know sundaydriver33. I'm ready when you are.
CLASSVT,

I left a message regarding the order at MSDS with Marty. I'm on the West Coast and they are most likely closed for the weekend. So Monday morning I'll get my order in. Thanks for being my buddy.

Posted By: andymel Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 03/12/05 03:01 AM
Redline don't be so impatient. I got dumped a lot of work at my job this week and did not get to sign on. Let's do this man.

Redline don't be so impatient. I got dumped a lot of work at my job this week and did not get to sign on. Let's do this man.

Jeez sorry, don't blame a guy for being excited , i was just beginning to worry as in i hadn't heard from you for a few days and i've seen a lot of people getting screwed over with this buddy method.... But as long as all is well i hope you can order monday, i PMed you also.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 03/15/05 04:29 PM
Anyone get any news on their order yet? It's probably too soon but I thought I'd ask anyway. My card was charged 3/1 so it should be soon, I hope. I think I'll call and see how it's going. Still have to wait awhile cause they're 3 hours behind me.
Posted By: 04marauder Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 03/15/05 04:54 PM
nothing yet bud
its like waiting for santa
Financial emergency came up and set me back a week from original header buy date. Who can buddy up for laying down the plastic 7 days from now?

XL
Andymel Is Still Not Responding To My Messages And I Don't Think He Plans To We Were Supposed To Order Yesterday, I Need A Buddy Ready To ASAP.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 03/15/05 10:56 PM
Anyone get any news on their order yet? It's probably too soon but I thought I'd ask anyway. My card was charged 3/1 so it should be soon, I hope. I think I'll call and see how it's going. Still have to wait awhile cause they're 3 hours behind me.

Just talked to Marty and the package Fedex tried to deliver to me Saturday should have been my headers. I left a note giving them permission to leave it so with any luck, it'll be there when I get home. I'll take a quick look at them and then off to Jet Hot they go.

The headers that were to be coated are at the ceramic coating place now, he's just waiting for them to come back so the rest you guys should be seeing them soon.
Hey Still Wondering If Anybody Wants To Go In On This With Me. Would Like To Get It Done And Outta The Way Before The Deadline. Just Send Me A PM or an email at Redlineracer12@hotmail.com Tony.
Andymel Is Still Not Responding To My Messages And I Don't Think He Plans To We Were Supposed To Order Yesterday, I Need A Buddy Ready To ASAP.

I just left a voice mail on your cell. I was busy yesterday. If you still want to order call me at work else I need a new buddy.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 03/16/05 09:24 PM

Just talked to Marty and the package Fedex tried to deliver to me Saturday should have been my headers. I left a note giving them permission to leave it so with any luck, it'll be there when I get home. I'll take a quick look at them and then off to Jet Hot they go.

Got em!! Now off to Jet Hot.
Update: I have buddied with andymel and we've both ordered and are waiting for headers Thanks everyone, Tony
Posted By: liquidX Re: I am now ready... - 03/18/05 05:05 PM
I am still waiting on a response from COUGAR99 but unless he contacts me soon I will need a new buddy. Ready to buy now...

XL
Posted By: liquidX Re: Last call!!! - 03/21/05 01:26 PM
Well, only 24 hours away from the deadline, and I am ready to buy with Cougar99. Is there any procedure to be followed? Do you have to get on conference call with your buddy when you order or can one of the two represent the group buy on the phone? Let me know and thanks!

XL
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Last call!!! - 03/21/05 01:50 PM
Call MSDS, tell them you want to order your set and that your buddy(mention their name) will be calling shortly to order their set. Confirm with said buddy that they did call in, and all is well.

Mark
Posted By: liquidX Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 03/21/05 06:49 PM
I can personally vouch for this product and MSDS's awesome customer service.

I have called 3 times today and gotten nothing but voicemail. You sure about this Mark?

XL

I have called 3 times today and gotten nothing but voicemail. You sure about this Mark?

XL

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 03/21/05 07:28 PM

XL

Ummmmm, have you actually left a voicemail? Not to be harsh, but he is running a business and I'm sure he can't be by his phone 24/7, or he might be on another line? Leave him a message and I'm sure he'll get right back to you.

Mark
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: MSDS Headers - 2/17/05 From Marty!! - 03/21/05 07:48 PM
Marty has personally answered the phone every time I've called. Remember he's is California and is behind you time wise.
Posted By: liquidX UPDATE: 3/21/05 - 03/21/05 09:30 PM
Me and COUGAR99 have submitted our orders and are now waiting for our headers to come in. We both went with the full set that includes Y-Pipe and the standard Z95 ceramic coating .

XL
Posted By: liquidX Re: UPDATE: 4/01/05 - 04/01/05 01:26 PM
My order of MSDS headers is held up do to overwhelming at the ceramic shop according to Marty. Looks like it's gonna be another 2 weeks before it even ships... .

XL
Posted By: Redlineracer12 Re: UPDATE: 4/01/05 - 04/01/05 02:55 PM
Same here i'm definitely looking at around 2 more weeks, he also told me that the Vortech Spec set takes around an extra week
Posted By: andymel Re: UPDATE: 4/01/05 - 05/16/05 01:30 PM
My local mechanic is changing me $600 to install the MSDS headers. Is this a good price?

Andy.
Posted By: liquidX Re: UPDATE: 4/01/05 - 05/16/05 01:40 PM
My local mechanic is changing me $600 to install the MSDS headers. Is this a good price?

Andy.

It's fair for what it is, maybe a little over the top. I remember paying $500 for my clutch job, and my mechanic had told me that the header job looked worst than that, so it's probably about right. I am hiring a CEGer to do them for me for $300 with a 2-day turn-around time, but he is in the Miami area, otherwise I would recommend him to you too. Maybe there is a good mechanic here from Minnesota that can offer you an install quote that can save you money. Shop around...

XL
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: UPDATE: 4/01/05 - 05/16/05 03:16 PM
Isn't blackcoog from Minnesota? Not sure if he has any spare time on his hands, but I'd be willing to be he'd be lower than $600.00!!

Mark
Posted By: andymel Re: UPDATE: 4/01/05 - 05/16/05 04:43 PM
I am in NYC.
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: UPDATE: 4/01/05 - 05/16/05 07:36 PM
It's really only about a 6 hour job even if you're not familiar with the car so that sounds pretty high. I'd look for something the $400 range to be a lot more respectable from a regular shop.

Rick
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: UPDATE: 4/01/05 - 05/16/05 08:09 PM
the stealership i work for quoted me at 196.35 with my discount!!!!.....too bad i didnt jump on this group buy
Posted By: liquidX Re: UPDATE: 4/01/05 - 05/16/05 09:19 PM
the stealership i work for quoted me at 196.35 with my discount!!!!.....too bad i didnt jump on this group buy

Was probably the amount for the SE. I received a quote for my clutch job at $200.00 but then after having my car towed there the twat head goes "Oh but yours is a special model SVT that one is about a bazillion dollars more..." I had only repeated "SVT" to him about nine times...

XL
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: UPDATE: 4/01/05 - 05/17/05 10:38 AM
i have a se ....i get % off of labor rates at work........the only down side is that my car wouldnt be a priority
Posted By: svt4b Re: UPDATE: 4/01/05 - 05/23/05 08:04 PM
i just had to complain real quick about MSDS, i ordered mine about a month and half ago outside of the GB and i talked to marty on thursday and my sh*T was "still in ceramics"
i need my damn car back and they are laggin because "im the little guy" according to marty

sorry, i never do this but my car has been down for almost 6 months and its ready to go and now im waiting on dumb sh*T. oh well, at least my girl has turbo
© CEG Archives