Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Swazo Superchips Custom Tuning Pro Racer Package - 02/16/05 08:52 PM
OK,
Many have been waiting for this GB. I need to get an idea of how many want in on this so I can get some initial prices. I'm just dealing with them for you guys since I have already purchased this at full price, and I will not make any money doing so.

Modular Depot

Another cool thing about these guys is that they have FULL SUPPORT for their product. Here is the forum you can ask questions about this kit, or better yet.... read up on.
Once you do buy a package, they have a private forum that has tons of knowledge and great people to give support.
Pre-Order Forum

Originally posted by Modular Depot:
Superchips Custom Tuning Pro Racer Package
$795.00

Click to enlarge
Now includes the SCT Raptor! A $475 value!

Superchips Custom Tuning - Tune with confidence

It's here! A single PCM package that gives the hardcore racer the control he has been dying to have. SCT Ford Tuning Software gives you COMPLETE control of the PCM for all your tuning needs:

Tune like the pro's and eliminate the guess work with a system that has been field tested and proven to work.
Built in help files, with the ability to document your changes.
Easy to use, windows based program.
Support for most Ford ECM's (4000+)
Now includes the SCT Raptor, a $475 value! The best datalogger available!
Now available in two versions! Burn your tune to a 4 position chip that plugs into the PCM or flash the computer through the diagnostic port with the PCM Flasher.
Available for most late model Fords. Options will vary

Calibration Features:
Four Bank tuning, the ultimate control
Firm Shifts (Automatic)
Elimination of Speed Limiters, Torque Retards, Timing Retards
Speedometer Correction
Full control over the EEC
Multiple Program Design, allows YOU to select your level of power.
Programs designed by the experts at SCT, for YOUR vehicle.
Optional built in TWO STEP LAUNCH LIMITER, no need to add other hardware. (5 speed only - limited support - contact us for details. All 99+ Mustangs are supported.).

The more people, the larger the discount..... you guys know the drill. Please speak up if you are intersted.
I'd be down for one, provided I can dig up the money. So put me as a maybe. That'd be a lot less money than the other option I was considering. Those AEM EMS's are expensive out the @$$.
Is the $795.00 the price from Modular Depot? Or are the Group Buy prices going to be less than that? I just might be in depending on when this needs to happen and cost..

Mark
I'm in like Flynn ... ONLY if I can tune a "base" tune from Keyser. Perhaps Chris will chime in and let us know if this kit will work with their chips. Reason being that I will have to run N/A on a turbo build car (9:1 CR Diamond Pistons, Turbo cut 3L heads, Pauter Rods) and I would like to get a safe NA baseline from them (ADC) and tweak it on the dyno locally.
$795 is the normal price, I'm working on getting a price out of them for a GB..... but they want to see how many people are interested before that.
You know I'm intrested. But the money I had set aside for that went to something else. But put me as a maybe, I will see what I can do. I would need it for someone who already has a SCT chip.

By the way thanks for going through with this. I got fed up.
I take it the price includes the actual chip with a pre-burned pgm, right?
Originally posted by LBVSVT:
I take it the price includes the actual chip with a pre-burned pgm, right?

Yes in either usb chip bunrner or pcm flasher.
damn....should've waited on the chip......theres prob no way to get this thing w/o the chip??? if there is def in!!!
Wish I had some dinero, I might of been in on this.
Originally posted by tour96se:
damn....should've waited on the chip......theres prob no way to get this thing w/o the chip??? if there is def in!!!

If you have a SCT chip the program is $500 normal price. But I beleive with no raptor DL. Will have to wait and see if this can be part of the GB. I am sure Swazo will fill in details once he gets them.
you can get it from modular depot as an upgrade package. Its 499, but i dont think it comes with the data logger.

My question: If i got one, and had a spare tuner lying around, could i tune 2 cars?

Brad
Ok, You know I want one!

warmonger

IN

I don't have the time or money, but I will sell my left nut... Hell, I'll sell both nutz for one of those.
Definately interested. Sounds like something good to spend a tax refund on...

Marty
interested
Originally posted by Pope:
interested

what he said
Are you trying to keep this just as a CEG GB? If not, you should post on other forums (or someone should).
Posted By: Swazo Re: Superchips Custom Tuning Pro Racer Package - 02/18/05 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Are you trying to keep this just as a CEG GB? If not, you should post on other forums (or someone should).

By no means, the more people we can get (Just about any Ford owners ) the better the price we can get you all.

We just need serious people, that's all I ask. If anyone wants to post on other forums please feel free. I don't have a ton of time to invest into this, but I will do what it takes.

When the time comes and we have a set amount of people and know how much it will be, I will just point you all in the right direction for payment to Modular Depot. Just keep in mind that to keep whatever price they give, we have to have the set amount of people follow through to keep it. So please, only serious people.
Originally posted by the_spy_guy:
you can get it from modular depot as an upgrade package. Its 499, but i dont think it comes with the data logger.

My question: If i got one, and had a spare tuner lying around, could i tune 2 cars?

Brad

I think you mean if you had a spare chip? No, to be able to unlock the software you must sign a license agreement that limits you to one code. (Mine is for '98 RJL1 for example)
I posted it on a local forum. Got a good many mustangs (though most are poor college students), so there may be some interest.
Thanks Kremit

Just so y'all are seeing what I do, here is the last email I got.

Originally posted by Modular Depot:
We could do a non-advertised deal based on how many people you could get involved with this. So once you figure out how many people are 100% sure give me some #s and we will work on the pricing of the PRPs

Let's start a list to better keep track of who is or is not interested. As you can read above, they want to see a body count before we see any prices.

1. XxColdazfireXx
2. Y2KSVT
3. livinsvt
4. TourDeForce
5. GrooveNerd
6. fastcougar
7. Pope
8. Chikmagnet340
9. the spy guy
10. Warmonger

Please add or remove yourself from the list at will. Like I have said previously, please.....only serious people need respond.

FCO members, NECO members, SVT Performance members and anyone else that wants in are welcome to join in aswell.

Many people out there are running around partially or not even tuned. Teamed with a wideband o2 sensor (ideally an Innovate Motorsports LM-1, which can be spliced with the raptor datalogger to add an accurate a/f reading to the mix) you can be completely tuned and be independant of a dyno.
Interested if we can work out baseline tuning from ADC. Sending the chip back and fourth from Canada isn't practical b/c of careless border workers that charge duty on items multiple times.

1. XxColdazfireXx
2. Y2KSVT
3. livinsvt
4. TourDeForce
5. GrooveNerd
6. fastcougar
7. Pope
8. Chikmagnet340
9. the spy guy
10. Warmonger
11. Timeless420
That is an option I am looking into. I am hoping to set something up with a good SCT dealer with a running knowledge of Contiques. To have the ability to just open an email, DL the file and burn it within 30 seconds is hard to pass up
Originally posted by Swazo:
That is an option I am looking into. I am hoping to set something up with a good SCT dealer with a running knowledge of Contiques. To have the ability to just open an email, DL the file and burn it within 30 seconds is hard to pass up

But I imagine those services would not be free. Except for the first one. But would be nice for ADC to help out, downlading than burning, just to easy.

Can you check and see if they will include this for current SCT chip owners. Thanks
Evan - Steeda.ca over in Milton are also a dealer for SCT and they know the software, having done many Mustangs and some Focuses. I doubt they can match price but I'm sure they'll do the dyno tuning or download a base code??

I too might be interested in this ...
What's the difference between the 4-position chip/USB burner and the PCM Flasher?

Would the 4-position chip/USB option allow us to program any SCT chip?

Would the PMC flasher allow us to burn any PCM and not need a chip?

When would the money need to be in for this GB?

Thanks,
BP
Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:
What's the difference between the 4-position chip/USB burner and the PCM Flasher?

Thanks,
BP

1. No
2. No
3. depends on what they say

The program is coded to your code and thats it. If you want to be able to tune any Ford, you will have to get there dealer package, $3500+.
Originally posted by livinsvt:

Thanks,
BP

1. No
2. No
3. depends on what they say

The program is coded to your code and thats it. If you want to be able to tune any Ford, you will have to get there dealer package, $3500+.

Damn! That is expensive! What if we just had two different Fords and wanted to program both? Do they have a smaller fee for that?
Hell, I can buy the tuner now but I just think it is a bit overpriced when I already have a nicely tuned chip in my car. I just want flexibility for future modifications. Still, if I sell the car then I won't need it.

Forgot to answer this one. There is no difference, the flasher does the same thing as a chip, but easier. Just plug in to your obd2 port and upload "flash" the new program onto the computer. Its the same thing a Ford tech does with the WDS when he puts on update on your pcm. Only this time you get to choose yourself what you want upgraded. Peice of cake. I myself will probaly get the chip version if I get anything at all. Ford pcms are finicky at times.

Oh and Tom, to add another vehicle is an extra $200 per vehicle. Thats before GB price. I myself will need this as well, but would have to add it later on.
Should also note this program is not for most people as they could do some serious damage. But with that being said, they do offer a 75 page manual on how things work. Not sure how good it is. But definitly needed for most of us.
what if the 2nd vehicle has the same computer code as the first? still 200?
Originally posted by stilov:
what if the 2nd vehicle has the same computer code as the first? still 200?

Hmm not sure. Heck may even work without buying the second option.
After everything was said and done with my license agreement and having the software installed and running, I can only tune for RJL1. Not limited to a VIN, so 'IF' I had 2 SVT's with the same PCM code....... I'd bet my left nut it'd work

I have the extra manual and it is making me more and more confident about doing my own tuning. The currant user's private forum on Modular Depot makes me even more confident, it's nice to have full support from currant users, Modular Depot personnel and SCT people there to learn from and be able to ask questions.

I have also gotten some fairly good news via email from a cool Fast Cougar's member. His aunt works at SCT, he lives close by their main office and has had his Cougar tuned there. Once we all have a better idea on how many people are in and what exactly they want, he will help us get as good of a deal as we can get through SCT directly

I'm interested depending upon the end date of this GB (I'm currently in 3 other GBs ).

BTW, thanks for the info. This product almost sounded too good. I knew there had to be a catch.

It also looks like the Chip/USB combo is a bit stealthier than the PCM flasher. Plus you get a nice 4 position switch that you can mount anywhere.

Thanks,
Ben
sweet
Oops. I forgot to put myself on the list.

1. XxColdazfireXx
2. Y2KSVT
3. livinsvt
4. TourDeForce
5. GrooveNerd
6. fastcougar
7. Pope
8. Chikmagnet340
9. the spy guy
10. Warmonger
11. Timeless420
12. ButtonPuncher (depending upon end date)
Oh and Tom, to add another vehicle is an extra $200 per vehicle. Thats before GB price. I myself will need this as well, but would have to add it later on.

That isn't too bad then. I would add it later as well, but I want the option.
OK, more or less 12 people so far. Let's finish this week off in hopes we gather more people onboard for a lower price. Friday is the day I will end this interest check and try to get some dates and prices.

Pheww that is one cool tool there. I would also be interested, however really depending on what kind of discount and end date for it also. I am trying to put together a 3L project right now, so it all depends on the finances at the time this all goes down.
-Matt
I'm guessing this will work good with a 3L turbo? Depending on price and end date I may be in.
I am going after 2 routes.

1)
Going through Modular Depot for an unadvertised sale for the PRP, the upgrade and additional PCM codes. This would allow the access to the MD user forum that would make life easier for you all to get questions answered by currant users and actual SCT tuners.

2)
Going through our kind FastCougar memeber, Ben. He is looking into going through SCT directly as he lives close by, has had previous dealings with SCT and has family that works there. I don't think you'd have access to MD's forum, but they also sell an extensive guide for tuning with the PRP. Also, I am sure we all could pool together when anyone encountered issues.

When more info is available, you all will hear more.

-Daymon
Awesome. Thanks Daymon.
Also, I am sure we all could pool together when anyone encountered issues.

We would have to bug the powers that be for our own, "ECU Tuning Forum." That would be incredibly cool.

BTW, thanks for the update.

Later,
BP
Well, any word?
Not as of yet, though the wheels are in motion. If I don't hear back tomorrow, I'll man the phone to get the info.
will this work on the cougar computer?
Yes if you get your computer reflashed to the xgt1 code.
Originally posted by fordrule:
will this work on the cougar computer?

Works with any Ford obd2 processor as in '96 and up model years. So yes.

This is not a tweecer, no need to flash to xgt1.
Will the "base tune" that comes with the package be the same performance tune that you would get when ordering a standalone SCT chip? With better shift points, etc.

I forgot to ask earlier.

Thanks,
Ben
Opps...sorry. Was thinking of the tweecer.
I have been talking to Modular Depot about various options and should have a few for you guys next week. Sorry for the delay, these guys must be.... understaffed or mega busy all the time
A slight update....

I am trying to get into contact w/ ADC to get actual base tunes available if you want them. For example, SCT did not give me a base tune as my setup is a custom setup. I would like to start off with a good tune from ADC.

I would think if you have a close to stock setup (NA 2.5L or 3L) SCT will include a tune for you. I will know more for sure this upcoming week.
A slight update....

I am trying to get into contact w/ ADC to get actual base tunes available if you want them. For example, SCT did not give me a base tune as my setup is a custom setup. I would like to start off with a good tune from ADC.

I would think if you have a close to stock setup (NA 2.5L or 3L) SCT will include a tune for you. I will know more for sure this upcoming week.

This would be great. Maybe in the future you could buy a tune from them and send it via email, so you have an instant program, just burn or flash and be done. Is this possible? Not having to send chips back and forth would be great. I think it could benefit both of us.
SCT can do that, so I would think ADC can too. It's as simple as DL'ing the file, opening it in the SCT advantage software and burn/flash new program How cool is that!?
How cool is that!?

Very!
How cool is that!?

Very!

Now we just need a price.
Understood, but keep in mind that I am shopping for the best price for you guys. I already own my PRP, just trying to help out with something I know you all would like too.
and I'm sure we are all gratefull
and I'm sure we are all gratefull

indeed!
Moderators may do as they please with this reply. I would just like to give a heads up to you guys since we have been receiving A LOT of emails regarding people that are interested in this group buy. ADC will not be emailing any of our programs to anyone. We have spent years and thousand upon thousands of dollars developing our database of programs for the 2.5L and 3.0L engines and are not willing to release that data in open format. Sorry guys. If you have any questions feel free to email me at shawn@arizonadynochip.com
It was worth a shot to ask
I don't know if it's already being checked into or not, but I know that SCT is working on integrating WideBand O2 into their system, so you don't have to buy one seperate, and since WBO2 is needed to properly tune, maybe see if we could get in as a test group for the system. You know, see if a deal could be worked out where we pay full price for the Pro Racer Package w/ Data Logger, but also guinia-pig their WideBand if they toss it in no additional cost.....

well, that is if they are this far in the developement stage.
Bummer, but I figured that would be the case

I don't know if it's already being checked into or not, but I know that SCT is working on integrating WideBand O2 into their system, so you don't have to buy one seperate, and since WBO2 is needed to properly tune, maybe see if we could get in as a test group for the system. You know, see if a deal could be worked out where we pay full price for the Pro Racer Package w/ Data Logger, but also guinia-pig their WideBand if they toss it in no additional cost.....

well, that is if they are this far in the developement stage.

I always thought this would be a good idea. Maybe it will incorperate the LM-1. Is this accurate info? Wonder if it can be added down the road.
Swazo,

Any news? I'm getting to the point where I may have to wait a few weeks if this doesn't happen soon. If I have to wait, I should for sure be able to buy in about 4-6 weeks. I spent a chunk of change ordering my new Volvo S40 so I'm teetering on the edge right now.
nice, s40. . .hawtness, Tom ur gonna have drop a big turbo in that thing. . . .
There will be a good 'heads up' before the actual group buy will take place. Mainly to allow the full amount of people to commit. I think you'll have a fair amount of time to find a way to come up with the $$$ when the time comes.

I'm still waiting to hear from both sources to see who can get you all the best deal. I'll keep on them to get prices as soon as they can.
There will be a good 'heads up' before the actual group buy will take place. Mainly to allow the full amount of people to commit. I think you'll have a fair amount of time to find a way to come up with the $$$ when the time comes.

I'm still waiting to hear from both sources to see who can get you all the best deal. I'll keep on them to get prices as soon as they can.

Theres no rush. If the wait is long enough I maybe able to get a second program for my other vehicle. I noticed this price has changed from $200-350

Thanks for your effort
Welp. I can no longer wait. Gonna have to pass on this & make other arrangements for tuning.
Well guys, I don't know what to say. Getting them to reply is a PITA. They keep on asking the same questions and even after calling them, I still don't have any prices

I sent one final email off in hopes something can come of this interest check.
Thanks Swazo for all of your efforts. You'd think that they would be more interested in making a quick $7500.

...fingers crossed...

BP
Swazo, some input as to why they might not be very responsive. It's a fairly new product still, as far as I know, they've got exclusive rights to sell it from SCT, and they're probably selling like hotcakes without discounting it.

Also, if you do get something going ASAP, I'd probably be interested as well.

Thanks,
Rick
Swazo, you have a PM

Brad
OK, right now it looks like the most you gys would pay for the PRP is $795. Still working on getting a lower price for you all, so please stay tuned.
Any word?
The best I can do is $745. That is directly through Modular Depot, and the most they'll discount it.

Keep in mind some of the other sources were not through Modular Depot. That would cut off the support forum they have, which is a must have for most of you. I know it has tons of good solid tuning info, and has helped me out a ton.

If you all are willing to not have that, I can try some other sources to see what I can do about getting it closer to $700. IMO, it wouldn't be worth the trade off.

Does this still include the raptor datalogger?

Thanks,
Rick
Yes, but they are on B.O. for about 3 weeks.
Just the datalogger or the pro-tuner as well? I don't know if I'll have time before SZ to even do my own tune so it really doesn't make a huge difference to me.

Rick
Just the Raptor is on back order.
What about if you already have a chip. Whats the price than? Not sure if I can swing it anymore. But will see
I will ask them tomorrow for sure. They're eager to do business now, so getting info from them is a breeze
Is the $745 price still availiable??
Since this has been dragging on forever with little new info, I will try one last time with Modular Depot. If they cannot follow through, then this interest check will be officially killed off.

Though, I will try some other sources since SCT is now expanding their dealer base. If I find something else if MD chokes, I will start a new thread with everything in place, ect since I know there are a good amount of you who want this kit.
Thanks again Swazo.
Thanks again Swazo.

I'd be in for the software if this gets going. Let me know.

Thanks,
Chris
I appreciate all the work on this Swazo. I'm still in though I will probably have to hold off for 3-4 weeks.
© CEG Archives