Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/15/05 04:58 AM
Hey guys. I was wondering if you would be interested in another CEG apperal group buy. I would just make tee shirts at first. I made some tonight of our local toyota truck group and they turned out great. They are on Hanes heavyweight shirts and silkscreened on. I would take any logo into consideration. Also what do you think is a fair price?
Posted By: DanCanuck_dup1 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/15/05 06:43 AM
I would be interested, not sure about the design or logo though. Say $15 to 20 for a US large?

Dan
Posted By: svt4stv Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/15/05 07:08 AM
id be interested if it had a pic of a csvt screened on it.
Posted By: starjammir Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/15/05 03:25 PM
I want one!!
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/15/05 03:50 PM
You should be able to do $15 each for a high-quality shirt, no problem - if not, look at some other printers. I would bite if it looked nice. Maybe a black T with the CEG logo in grey?
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/15/05 04:08 PM
I could do them for 15 I think. Does anyone have a logo that they like? I could do them in grey, black, dark blue and dark green. The logo would prob be white or grey. If I can get at least 15 buyers I will do this for sure.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/15/05 04:14 PM
Even though i took place in the last GB... If this one had an SVT shirt or something... I'd be in also!
Posted By: EternalOne Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/15/05 07:46 PM
I might be interested, but more-so if it was SVT or CEG related, and didn't have a big Contour on it. (No offense, all, but I drive a Cougar and hang out here because its more informative of a site...)

E1
Posted By: SVTcontourSVT Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/16/05 01:10 AM
Pic of SVT=me in
Posted By: mystiquevltwin Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/16/05 02:24 AM
id be in if it had something to do with a merc
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/16/05 05:17 PM
I'd be definatly in if it had a pic of a Mystique and a Contour on it and the CEG logo on the back, PERFECT.
Just don't make it a white shirt, black or grey, preferablly grey, but I'll take black.
and $15 for a adult large would be cool.
Posted By: kontour_sev6 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/16/05 06:18 PM
I missed out for Christmas. So I would like to cash in this time. I would go for Blue with white letters or grey with black. Any logo is cool for me. I kinda like the one that had the front end of an SVT across it.
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/16/05 06:33 PM
I think we should stick with the traditional CEG logo.

and on the front a CSVT and a pre98 or post98 Stique.
and a blue shirt would be cool too, like a navy blue.
and it can say on the front Contour Enthusiasts Group on the bottom or top.
Posted By: 2kSVT Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/16/05 08:48 PM
I bought some from the last GB. I unfortunately got an XXL and a small ...and ordered 2 larges. They had the CEG logo on the front and a big one on the back. They turned out great,I'd be in to get one that fit ME .

I'm in!

Rod
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/17/05 12:39 AM
I would totaly be down for a couple if they had svt on them. I already have a bunch of shirts with just ceg on them. Maybe someone should make a poll of diff. shirts
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/17/05 12:41 AM
How about you guys post a pic of something you would like other than the CEG logo. If I can get a few of each maybe I can make 2 types of shirts.
Posted By: Frosty Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/17/05 12:52 AM
Originally posted by starjammir:
I want one!!

Me too, I don't have a preference on design, cause i'm sure it will be good either way...
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/17/05 12:55 AM
Well lets get one that people like of a SVT or just a Contour or whatever. The other one will be the CEG Logo.
Posted By: Frosty Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/17/05 01:04 AM
Well, how about the middle or right pic? Maybe with blue FORD oval SVT next to it and SPECIAL VEHICLE TEAM spelled out underneath? I don't own an SVT, but i'd be interested in an SVT shirt...Sorry about the T-Red...it's my fav. color
Posted By: Frosty Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/17/05 01:06 AM
Originally posted by mystique97:

That's a good idea too!
Posted By: Dj Perico Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/17/05 01:11 AM
Originally posted by 99contourdriver:
Originally posted by starjammir:
I want one!!

Me too, I don't have a preference on design, cause i'm sure it will be good either way...

I have to agree. I need one for myself and one for my girl.
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/17/05 01:11 AM
Does anyone have like a front outline of a contour? I think we could make one with that one it then one with the CEG logo.
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/17/05 04:24 AM

That's a good idea too!

dang at least SOMEONE agrees with me.

I think that'll be pretty fair too, since this is pretty much a Contique website and I really don't want a T-shirt with ONLY a CSVT on it I mean it'll be cool but hey I drive a Mystique for crying out loud, sorry gettin a little carried away.

It would also help if we had an artist in the house too, but here is a good one for the Mystique picture:

I think that'll be a good angle for one, and a CSVT at the opposite angle with the CSVT on top or having them side by side would be cool.
Posted By: Frosty Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/17/05 05:32 AM

That's a good idea too!

I think that'll be pretty fair too, since this is pretty much a Contique website and I really don't want a T-shirt with ONLY a CSVT on it I mean it'll be cool but hey I drive a Mystique for crying out loud, sorry gettin a little carried away.

It would also help if we had an artist in the house too, but here is a good one for the Mystique picture:

I think that'll be a good angle for one, and a CSVT at the opposite angle with the CSVT on top or having them side by side would be cool.

Dude, youre a genious. That would be totally sweet! I'm not artistic tho
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/17/05 05:41 AM
skrilla, you get the details hammered out & I will buy AT LEAST 4 shirts from you. No kiddin'. I'm in. Mystique, SVT, SE,... Don't matter. I'll buy whatever you've got.

Still looking for a pic to put on the shirt. Check my sig for the June 2005 centerfold SE. She was a bit plain then, but if you can give me a few days, I'll take a few more shots with my new 17" ST200 wheels. Still don't have any side skirts though...
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/17/05 07:37 AM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
skrilla, you get the details hammered out & I will buy AT LEAST 4 shirts from you. No kiddin'. I'm in. Mystique, SVT, SE,... Don't matter. I'll buy whatever you've got.

Still looking for a pic to put on the shirt. Check my sig for the June 2005 centerfold SE. She was a bit plain then, but if you can give me a few days, I'll take a few more shots with my new 17" ST200 wheels. Still don't have any side skirts though...

Great to hear that you want in. I will for sure do CEG shirts as long as at least 10 or so will buy them. I am looking for a outline of a Contour or Mystique or whatever for the other one. I think it would be kind of weird if we just had someones particular car.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/17/05 08:07 AM
Originally posted by skrilla187:
Well lets get one that people like of a SVT or just a Contour or whatever. The other one will be the CEG Logo.

Or the front with a Contour or Mystique and the back top-centre with a CEG logo the same size as last GB's front logo.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/17/05 04:51 PM
No problem. There was a rendering on the back of the CEG jackets. I don't know whom you would need to ask permission for its use, but I think it might do. It's also on the cover of one of the calenders IIRC.

(Geez, I'm talkin' all old n stuff)
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/17/05 05:20 PM
No problem. There was a rendering on the back of the CEG jackets. I don't know whom you would need to ask permission for its use, but I think it might do. It's also on the cover of one of the calenders IIRC.

That would be perfect. Can anyone find it online somewhere?
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/17/05 09:57 PM
You mean this one:

If so that'd be ok I guess, but I like the idea with the Contour and Mystique myself.
Posted By: BaBySHO419 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/18/05 02:32 AM
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/18/05 02:38 AM
Those are nice pics Babysho.

I still think we outta do the CSVT and Mystique on the front with the CEG logo on the back in the middle on the top, I would love that it'd be PERFECT.
Posted By: kontour_sev6 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/18/05 03:41 AM
What about the one in here (you'll have to scroll down some the top pics "aren't found":
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=general&Number=381853&fpart=&PHPSESSID=
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/18/05 03:56 AM
there was only one picture found.
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/18/05 04:31 AM

I still think we outta do the CSVT and Mystique on the front with the CEG logo on the back in the middle on the top, I would love that it'd be PERFECT.

Someone make a design then.
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/18/05 09:15 PM

Someone make a design then.

I'd do it but I'm not artistic, heck even a outline of the cars would be great, if anyone can do that, I'm sure there is a lot of people on here that can photoshop, and if they can do that they certainly can make a outline of a couple cars.
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/19/05 03:43 AM
Ok, I found good angles for the, Contour and Mystique.
If anyone can make the outline of these that'd be perfect for the T-shirt, I'd say put the Contour on top and the Mystique on bottom for the front.
Posted By: mygameisplatnum Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/19/05 04:17 AM
You mean this one:

i think the best idea would be to use this pic and make a CEG out of the pic like Orange County Chopers with their bike logo . The C would be the front wheel...the E would be the center section where the door and windows are...the G would be the back wheel. If you look at the pic you;ll see what I'm saying. And its ALMOST already done in the pic itself. The E would just need to be worked on a little. Again a little artisitc but I think it would look badazz
Posted By: mygameisplatnum Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/19/05 04:24 AM
actaully now that I look at it more all you need is a verticle line (say like where the door swings open at to make the vertical line) for the E...and then a tiny horizontal line for the G part on the back wheel. The C is already done by the front wheel. If done right it will stick out yet still flow w/ the car so that to some they may see the car but to others they will see the CEG in the pic of the car....like I said its the same style as OCC does and it'll look cool.

Then above it or below it right out "contour enthusiats group" and then a big SVT logo on the back w/ Special Vehicles Team written below the SVT. I think that would be a nice shirt.

Basically have the pic on one side and the SVT on the other (interchangeable)
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/19/05 04:26 AM
Originally posted by mygameisplatnum:
You mean this one:

i think the best idea would be to use this pic and make a CEG out of the pic like Orange County Chopers with their bike logo . The C would be the front wheel...the E would be the center section where the door and windows are...the G would be the back wheel. If you look at the pic you;ll see what I'm saying. And its ALMOST already done in the pic itself. The E would just need to be worked on a little. Again a little artisitc but I think it would look badazz

yeah, but I like mine better like make them a out line like that pic but make a contour and a mystique, we just need someone to make a few choices in shirts and set up a poll.

Or...use that pic (with no modifications to it) on the front with CEG logo on the back.
Post deleted by mystique97
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/19/05 04:42 AM

That's a good idea too!

Dude, youre a genious. That would be totally sweet! I'm not artistic tho

I still think my original idea is the best one but since no one is artistic, what ever.
Posted By: mygameisplatnum Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/19/05 04:42 AM
i think there is more of a market for owners w/ SVT's...IMO. Ppl w/ SVT's may want something to show off what their extra $ went toward. I think oyu'd lose alot of interest from the SVT crowd if the shirt had a non-svt contour on it. I just tend to think that there are more SVT owners that would want T-shirts v.s. ppl w/out SVT's wanting T-shirts..but again thats just my opinion. In fact I'm not looking for a T-Shirt I was just trying to come up w/ some cool design options for you guys. good luck w. whatever you deside on, hope it turns out nice
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/19/05 04:46 AM
For starters, 10 minutes with PhotoDeluxe:

Posted By: Mystique97 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/19/05 04:48 AM
For starters, 10 minutes with PhotoDeluxe:

PERFECT!!!!!!!!!

Just only the Contour pic would be great too.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/19/05 04:50 AM
They can use some modding. More lines in the Mystique bumper & clean up the Contour headlights & grill a bit.
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/19/05 04:52 AM
Yeah, but thats exactly what I was talking about, hell at least someone is on the same page as I.

Great job tourdeforce.
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/19/05 08:09 PM
I don't think I want to go with doing a particular car on the shirts. There would be people that would want a SE, SVT, Mercury. It would not be to good. I think I might just do the regular CEG logo on one with just the front. Then maybe the outline of the contour with the CEG incoropated into it. That shirt would prob say www.contour.org on the back of it or something. Are you guys interested in this? I would have to talk to the dude that would be helping me make the shirts but if you guys would buy either of them two I will be starting on making prototypes in the next week or so.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/19/05 08:15 PM
So have a side profile of ALL the before mentioned cars ON THE BACK with descriptions in plain jain black lettering. Then we can all vote on what type of car for the front

I'd stick with white, gray and blue to queue the site design also.

And then.. so on I'd be willing to help design it. I need good stuff for my Multimedia Portfolio What about the CEG logo by Unisys? Front taken care of (plus said voted car on front)

I think I've edited this post twice now.
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/19/05 08:19 PM
I don't think I want to go with doing a particular car on the shirts. There would be people that would want a SE, SVT, Mercury. It would not be to good. I think I might just do the regular CEG logo on one with just the front. Then maybe the outline of the contour with the CEG incoropated into it. That shirt would prob say www.contour.org on the back of it or something. Are you guys interested in this? I would have to talk to the dude that would be helping me make the shirts but if you guys would buy either of them two I will be starting on making prototypes in the next week or so.

Maybe you could do this, put the outline of a contour on the front and the CEG logo on the back of one, the other, with the CEG incoropated into it, with the web site on the back, I really think the one with just the CEG logo on the front would look kinda tacky myself.

Like this one the front of one.

and the back image could be this.

and if you want black shirts you can just easily invert the colors. the black turns to white and the white turns to black.

and the other shirt like what your saying.
Posted By: Frosty Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/19/05 11:56 PM
I kinda like the idea of the "CEG" in the outline of the car, but that doesn't really look like a contour unless u look close. I like the other outlines posted above. Either way, whatever u guys decide on, I'm in.
~Kyle
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/20/05 02:16 PM

That would be perfect. Can anyone find it online somewhere?

Alright who's starting an apperal group buy on my turf?????

Hey man, PM me and I'll find you a copy of the logo we used on the jackets.
Posted By: MAZDASPEED Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/20/05 02:36 PM
The original outline was drawn at the end of August 2000 based on the Cougar forum logo, I know, because I was the one who drew it. It was originally going to have C (front wheel) E (front leading edge of door and bump strip) G (rear wheel) but it got too complicated. I emailed it to Hightower, he converted it into a jpeg and posted it for CEG use. Hightower used the logo to make the Silver key fobs and then later a shirt was made. The logo is free for everyone to use. Since then it seems everyone has made some changes and called it theirs. Here are the originals:

[image]http://webpages.charter.net/garnetmica/Files/Pictures/Contour/SVT%20Sticker%201.bmp[/image]
[image]http://webpages.charter.net/garnetmica/Files/Pictures/Contour/SVT%20Sticker%202.bmp[/image]
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/20/05 11:51 PM
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/21/05 12:21 AM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:

I will put that on the front breast on a shirt then the logo big on the back.
The other shirt will have the logo below on the front and thats it. I hopefully will have these made up by Friday.

Posted By: kontour_sev6 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/21/05 02:18 AM
The bottom logo...will it go across the whole shirt or be just a small emblem?
Posted By: Frosty Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/21/05 02:33 AM
Design sounds awesome...can't wait!
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/21/05 04:52 AM
Originally posted by kontour_sev6:

So the car one will go on the front, and will it be small or big? (either big or small is cool) and the actual logo with the website on the back?
if so, I like it!
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/21/05 07:27 AM

The bottom logo of the car and the website would go across the whole shirt just like in the picture.
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/21/05 07:28 AM

So the car one will go on the front, and will it be small or big? (either big or small is cool) and the actual logo with the website on the back?
if so, I like it!

For the 1st shirt it will have the CEG oval on the front small and big on the back. The 2nd shirt would just have the car and the website on the front only.
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/22/05 06:13 AM
So where will be the CEG oval be going on the front? in the upper left corner?
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/22/05 06:37 AM
So where will be the CEG oval be going on the front? in the upper left corner?

at least put it in the middle - the over the heart thing is soo old school - center the logo and or big logo on back and www.contour.org accross the chest on the front.

Even though I dont own a tour i would get one unless it was the enthusist version
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/22/05 06:54 AM
I'd be cool with the www.contour.org on the front chest part too.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/22/05 03:39 PM
Fellas, I'm going to chop my idea for shtis and giggles and just see where to take the designs. Is G r y m e s in on this yet?

I know there are other Multimedia Majors in this forum! This is perfect volunteer portfolio material and shouldn't be ignored..Plus, we'd be heavy a shirt or two in the closet dedicated to the site

Edit- These, for starters? Gotta keep it plain jane Black and White, unless someone can pull off graphics..I put the car in as a sort of "template" for whatever car we'd want to see there.

WorldTour, ZetecNinja, Grymes; everyone who can PS, if you're interested chop a few t shirts!
Posted By: IonNinja Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/23/05 02:53 AM
heres my small contribution for now

I don't know if its been done before or not...but hey, its simple.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/23/05 04:17 AM
Actually.. that'd be effing sweet (to have the username on the back)

Cool idea!
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: CEG Tee Shirt Interest Check - 02/24/05 12:19 AM
That would be cool with the user name on the back but, I don't like the big logo on the front make it look like a jersey style t-shirt and put the logo on the back and the user name on the top, with the website on the front or a little CEG logo or just CEG big on the front and put Contour Enthusiasts Group on the bottom of the CEG.
For the front:
(big font )CEG(big font)
(little font)CONTOUR ENTHUSIASTS GROUP(little font)

For the back:
(top big font)user name(top big font)
(middle)CEG Logo(middle)
© CEG Archives