Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/07/05 04:09 PM
I have been in talks with Stazi at CEG and I can get the Aussie Bar (rear sway bar) produced again, but one catch. We need to order 50 bars. The cost of the bar, with polyurethane bushings and brackets will cost $145 shipped anywhere in the continental US, +$10 to Alaska, Hawaii & Canada. This price is a target price based on preliminary guestimates from Stazi. Once he finds out the true price, the price will be annouced. Now, we only need to assemble a list of people not wanting to buy the bars, but ready to put their money where their mouth is!!! Once we get 30 people completely interested, I will start to take preorders to help raise the money required to get the bars produced.

This rear sway bar is a 24mm HOLLOW sway bar. Not only is this bar 240% more rigid than the stock 18mm SVT unit, it's 17% more rigid than the 22mm bar (223% more rigid) sold by BAT & others. All this rigidity pays huge dividends in handling, but surprisingly, it's 10% LIGHTER than the SVT unit while the 22mm bar is a whopping 50% heavier! More rigid and lighter ... the best of both worlds!!!

What will this do for your Cougar/Contour?: It will all but completely eliminate rear body roll, keeping the rear end planted in corners, thus reducing understeer nearly completely. Everyone who has the bar has nothing but rave reviews and would be more than willing to back up these comments.

So, reply ONLY if you are ready to drop $145 (estimate) on this at any time. If enough interest is shown, 30+ people ready to pay, I will set up a prepay section.

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
13) Mkingracing - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) EternalOne - CEG
18) Titan - CEG
19) BSOELMAN - CEG
20) R_G - CEG
21) RawBurt - CEG
22) zakatak - CEG
23) morbid - CEG
24) Rance - CEG
25) Christian - CEG
26) tropictour - CEG
27)
28)
29)
30)
31)
32)
33)
34)
35)
Posted By: morbid Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/07/05 04:27 PM
dood... get me on that list!
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/07/05 04:32 PM
Originally posted by morbid:

Added ... I had to go through the entire interest thread again and double check ... if you are interested and NOT on the list above, let me know and I will add you
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/07/05 07:16 PM
Originally posted by fastcougar:
So, reply ONLY if you are ready to drop $145 (estimate) on this at any time. If enough interest is shown, 30+ people ready to pay, I will set up a prepay section.

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
13) Mkingracing - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) EternalOne - CEG
18) Titan - CEG
19) BSOELMAN - CEG
20) R_G - CEG
21) RawBurt - CEG
22) zakatak - CEG
23) morbid - CEG
24) Rance - CEG
25) Christian - CEG
26) tropictour - CEG
27) tour96se - CEG
28)
29)
30)
31)
32)
33)
34)
35)

ADDED
Posted By: zgendron_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/07/05 07:20 PM
Originally posted by tour96se:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
13) Mkingracing - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) EternalOne - CEG
18) Titan - CEG
19) BSOELMAN - CEG
20) R_G - CEG
21) RawBurt - CEG
22) zakatak - CEG
23) morbid - CEG
24) Rance - CEG
25) Christian - CEG
26) tropictour - CEG
27) tour96se - CEG
28) zgendron - CEG
29)
30)
31)
32)
33)
34)
35)
ADDED

Post deleted by getlucky151
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/07/05 07:41 PM
getlucky151 ... delete your post ... you are already on the list #11
Posted By: GetBooby151?© Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/07/05 07:43 PM
Haha, didnt see that, sorry bout that.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/07/05 09:09 PM
I'm very impressed with the number of names on the list. Hopefully no one will back out at the last minute. Everyone will be very pleased with this. It really makes a difference in how your car handles. Hopefully all of you got in on this too. If not, you should consider it at the regular price.
Posted By: NVSVT Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 12:04 AM
1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
13) Mkingracing - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) EternalOne - CEG
18) Titan - CEG
19) BSOELMAN - CEG
20) R_G - CEG
21) RawBurt - CEG
22) zakatak - CEG
23) morbid - CEG
24) Rance - CEG
25) Christian - CEG
26) tropictour - CEG
27) tour96se - CEG
28) zgendron - CEG
29) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
30) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
31)
32)
33)
34)
35)
Posted By: Harrry Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 01:40 AM
But won't we ned new sub frames. i have reserached this top the last 3 days. I have reads tons of people breaking end links and also busting out there subframes. So they need to go get plates welded for hmore support, people have gone to Terry H.

Now demon mentioned he had his for about a year before they wore out. But he was also doing autocrossing.

My fear is i don't want to replace something if it will cause some thing else to break. I love the idea of upgrading the sway bar. But if i have to do more modifications to get this thing to work properly then i am starting to sweat alittle.
Can someone chime in and help me understand the worst and best case scenerio that can occur? Like if i install this do i have to get plates welded on? If i don't how bad can i damage my subframe? Hint i don't do autorcrossing but i do corner hard on the e-way. thanks for any replies!!
Posted By: GetBooby151?© Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 01:46 AM
Yea i dont bang the [censored] outta mine around corners either...I was wondering the same thing...do we NEED the sub-frames??
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 02:07 AM
If you don't mind my asking, why would you get the aussie bar or any suspension modification unless you plan to put it to some use? I don't autox either, but I certainly use the crap outta my suspension every chance I get.
Posted By: GetBooby151?© Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 02:11 AM
So we need the frame then...
Posted By: mygameisplatnum Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 02:31 AM
Originally posted by getlucky151:
So we need the frame then... ??

Also where does the Aussie bar tie in/go ?? Is it visable after installed?? Pardon my questions but I'm new w/ the whole Aussie bar/rear suspension upgrade terminolgy.
Posted By: R_G Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 02:57 AM
I am in def and won't back off
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 02:59 AM
The new subframe is not needed, but it is recommended. If you don't get the new subframe, you can take your car with your newly installed sway bar and ask them to "box in" your brackets. The welding & metal required should cost you more than $50. You can always install the new bar and not push the car to the limits until you have a chance to have this done.
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 03:43 AM
Even if you drive gently you will eventually hit a pothole, a rutted road or a bad bump of some sort â??? and damage will be done. People have reported sway bar bracket damage with the stock rear sway bar from simple things like driving down an icy rutted freeway.

I see reinforcing the rear subframe swaybar brackets as good preventative maintenance - especially with an Aussie bar!
Posted By: Harrry Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 03:58 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:

1.If you don't mind my asking, why would you get the aussie bar or any suspension modification unless you plan to put it to some use?
2.I don't autox either, but I certainly use the crap outta my suspension every chance I get.

1.To answer your question i do plan on putting it to use, that is why i asked my original question. What type of damage will this cause? This is precaution question That is what i was leaning towards.

2.I don't autox either myself, but i did mention that i do corner hard on the eway especialy on eway ramps and etc.

So you never answered my question? How bad does it get? or Would the upgraded links given with this pakage actually last?

"Stupidity comes with those who think they know" (Socrates)
"You never really know, u only believe u know"
Posted By: NVSVT Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 04:02 AM
So we need the frame then...

I have a broken rear sway bar mount on my Contour SE (with 97,000 miles) and it only has the stock sway bar (for now). But I'm not the only one who has had this problem; you should read the following link.

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=susp&Number=313677&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

I originally contacted ATI to help me fix my SE's sub-frame and to replace my SVT's sway bar brackets as a preventive measure. Eventually it lead to the ATI sub-frame group buy.
Posted By: morbid Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Mkingracing:
But won't we ned new sub frames. <snip...>

Now demon mentioned he had his for about a year before they wore out. But he was also doing autocrossing. <snip...>

If you have ATI, or another company, replace your swaybar mounts with a section of C channel (see pictures all over the forums), then you shouldn't have to worry about it breaking again. My understanding is that DemonSVT just welded sections of metal to both sides of the existing mount to reinforce (not replace) and those are what broke.
Posted By: Harrry Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 05:01 AM
I belive he mentioned that after it broke he had it welded. I will look for his statement again. Hopefully he will chime in and answer this.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:

1.If you don't mind my asking, why would you get the aussie bar or any suspension modification unless you plan to put it to some use?
2.I don't autox either, but I certainly use the crap outta my suspension every chance I get.

1.To answer your question i do plan on putting it to use, that is why i asked my original question. What type of damage will this cause? This is precaution question That is what i was leaning towards.

2.I don't autox either myself, but i did mention that i do corner hard on the eway especialy on eway ramps and etc.

So you never answered my question? How bad does it get? or Would the upgraded links given with this pakage actually last?

"Stupidity comes with those who think they know" (Socrates)
"You never really know, u only believe u know"

I wasn't talking to you. In the future, look where it says (Re: xxxxxxxxxxx) That was the person I was replying too.

I never realized you asked me a question. In fact, I'm pretty sure until this post that you didn't. And I'm sorta confused as to why you would be asking me. Anyways...
Posted By: Daddy Phat Sacks Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 05:51 AM
I have been in talks with Stazi at CEG and I can get the Aussie Bar (rear sway bar) produced again, but one catch. We need to order 50 bars. The cost of the bar, with polyurethane bushings and brackets will cost $145 shipped anywhere in the continental US, +$10 to Alaska, Hawaii & Canada. This price is a target price based on preliminary guestimates from Stazi. Once he finds out the true price, the price will be annouced. Now, we only need to assemble a list of people not wanting to buy the bars, but ready to put their money where their mouth is!!! Once we get 30 people completely interested, I will start to take preorders to help raise the money required to get the bars produced.

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
13) Mkingracing - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) EternalOne - CEG
18) Titan - CEG
19) BSOELMAN - CEG
20) R_G - CEG
21) RawBurt - CEG
22) zakatak - CEG
23) morbid - CEG
24) Rance - CEG
25) Christian - CEG
26) tropictour - CEG
27)daddyphatsacks - ceg
28)
29)
30)
31)
32)
33)
34)
35)

Posted By: Harrry Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 06:32 AM
my deepest apologies!! i mean no harm , i assumed you where targetting me.

You understand there are those people on these boards that can't wait to drill others for there comments. Again i apologize!!

As you see i do agree with what your saying though!! That is why i was confused at first. But it was my mistake!!
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 07:08 AM
Originally posted by morbid:

me2! me2!

although I see the list has gone up and then down again?? did the daddy with the big sac mess up?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 07:16 AM
No need to apologize, I just didn't understand what was going on. And if I wasn't broke I'd be in on this GB like white on rice.
Posted By: Paul tate Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 11:04 AM
3 questions 1 how much am i saving 2 is that usd and 3 do you take pay pal
Posted By: tropictour Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 12:38 PM
Finally its gonna happen. I think this just made my day. So this will basically include everything for the install? Sucks I will have to pay full price for the subframe but it looks like a quality piece so I dont mind. WooHoo!
-tropictour
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Paul Tait:
3 questions 1 how much am i saving 2 is that usd and 3 do you take pay pal

1) I have no idea because you can't buy this bar anywhere else since it's only ever been made twice before in small batches. That being the case, you can only compare this to the last Aussie Bar group buy price, which I don't know since I wasn't buying one back then.
2) Yes, the price quoted (guesstimate) is in USD
3) I will be accepting PayPal, Money Orders & Cashier's Checks, but I perfer PayPal.

Keep in mind that the price quoted in the opening thread is only a guesstimate based on a Stazi guesstimate. We will know for sure when AAM contacts Stazi, who will in turn contact me

Again, for those with their name on the list and having doubts, I need to know if you are in or out ... please reply appropriately.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 02:23 PM
Originally posted by NVSVT:
1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
13) Mkingracing - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) EternalOne - CEG
18) Titan - CEG
19) BSOELMAN - CEG
20) R_G - CEG
21) RawBurt - CEG
22) zakatak - CEG
23) morbid - CEG
24) Rance - CEG
25) Christian - CEG
26) tropictour - CEG
27) tour96se - CEG -IN 28) zgendron - CEG
29) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
30) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
31)
32)
33)
34)
35)

Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 02:26 PM
Please don't quote the original post if you are interested ... simply reply and I will respond with your name added to the list. This way, only one person (me) can screw it up ... too many cooks in the kitchen ... you know where I'm going with this. Thanks!
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 02:30 PM
Update List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG (questionable ... in or out???)
12) WildChild - CEG
13) Mkingracing - CEG (questionable ... in or out???)
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) EternalOne - CEG
18) Titan - CEG
19) BSOELMAN - CEG
20) R_G - CEG
21) RawBurt - CEG
22) zakatak - CEG
23) morbid - CEG
24) Rance - CEG
25) Christian - CEG
26) tropictour - CEG
27) tour96se - CEG
28) zgendron - CEG
29) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
30) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
31) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
32)
33)
34)
35)
Posted By: GetBooby151?© Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 02:56 PM
Im IN for sure..
Posted By: SvtEdwardo420 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 02:58 PM
question.. Im 100% down for the bar, but i also want a new subframe , where can i get one for a good price i wish i would have payed attention to the GB on it , but [censored] happens, i think in just gonna have to purchase on from ati directly.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 03:04 PM
Once we find out a solid date on this i will know. I need to pay for my court date and rims and this GB may get in the way. SO that leaves me questionable for now.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 03:20 PM
Originally posted by JEDsContour:
Even if you drive gently you will eventually hit a pothole, a rutted road or a bad bump of some sort â??? and damage will be done. People have reported sway bar bracket damage with the stock rear sway bar from simple things like driving down an icy rutted freeway.

I see reinforcing the rear subframe swaybar brackets as good preventative maintenance - especially with an Aussie bar!

I'd highly recommend doing this. My Aussie bar broke one of my stock brackets a couple months ago. I had it rewelded and icy rutted roads rebroke it within a couple weeks. The fix by ATI has been a good decision on my part. No problems at all. I don't beat on my car but freeway ramps are alot more fun now. Evasive driving is also much safer.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 03:24 PM
Update List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) EternalOne - CEG
18) Titan - CEG
19) BSOELMAN - CEG
20) R_G - CEG
21) RawBurt - CEG (questionable ... in or out???)
22) zakatak - CEG
23) morbid - CEG
24) Rance - CEG
25) Christian - CEG
26) tropictour - CEG
27) tour96se - CEG
28) zgendron - CEG
29) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
30) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
31) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
32)
33)
34)
35)
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 03:26 PM
Originally posted by SvtEdwardo420:
question.. Im 100% down for the bar, but i also want a new subframe , where can i get one for a good price i wish i would have payed attention to the GB on it , but [censored] happens, i think in just gonna have to purchase on from ati directly.

You have several options, (low to high$$):

1. Do the work yourself.
2. Have your present subframe modded locally. (No shipping costs.)
3. Ship your subframe to HMS Motorsports (or ATI?) and have them do the work.
4. Find a salvaged subframe and see #2.
5. Buy a new subframe with modded bar mounts from ATI, at their non-GB price.

Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 03:26 PM

Save your money and have your existing rear subframe brackets "boxed in" ... it shouldn't cost that much to have a welder do this type of work. The only reason why I got in on the group buy was the price and the fact that the car I bought came from Philly with 132K miles on it ... time for me to R&R the entire suspension!
Posted By: Stazi Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 03:28 PM
Guys you have plenty of time to save for this. I invision an end of March time-frame. So put away at least ~$150 for the bar and bushings, and if you want the endlinks form me, stash another $65.

The subframe beef-up is HIGHLY recommended. You don't have to go through ATI, you can do this yourself if you have someone who can cut and weld - WELL!

1" x 1" box tubing is what's needed. I'll try and make up a piece to simulate what you'd need, and post pics soon. In effect you need to remove the stock sway bar monting tab, notch out the frame to accept the square tube, and weld into place in the same location as stock. Vio la, upgraded subframe.

Posted By: owen_SVT Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 03:52 PM
1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG (questionable ... in or out???)
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) EternalOne - CEG
18) Titan - CEG
19) BSOELMAN - CEG
20) R_G - CEG
21) RawBurt - CEG
22) zakatak - CEG
23) morbid - CEG
24) Rance - CEG
25) Christian - CEG
26) tropictour - CEG
27) tour96se - CEG
28) zgendron - CEG
29) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
30) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
31) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
32) owen_SVT - CEG
33)
34)
35)
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 04:17 PM
owen SVT- Please read the whole thread.

Please don't quote the original post if you are interested ... simply reply and I will respond with your name added to the list. This way, only one person (me) can screw it up ... too many cooks in the kitchen ... you know where I'm going with this. Thanks!

Posted By: Frosty Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 04:36 PM
I'm in
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 05:26 PM
Update List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) EternalOne - CEG
18) Titan - CEG
19) BSOELMAN - CEG
20) R_G - CEG
22) zakatak - CEG
23) morbid - CEG
24) Rance - CEG
25) Christian - CEG
26) tropictour - CEG
27) tour96se - CEG
28) zgendron - CEG
29) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
30) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
31) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
32) owen_SVT - CEG
33) 99contourdriver - CEG
34)
35)
Posted By: 04marauder Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 07:13 PM
Count me in on this too.
Sub frame and sway bar =
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 07:23 PM
Update List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) EternalOne - CEG
18) Titan - CEG
19) BSOELMAN - CEG
20) R_G - CEG
22) zakatak - CEG
23) morbid - CEG
24) Rance - CEG
25) Christian - CEG
26) tropictour - CEG
27) tour96se - CEG
28) zgendron - CEG
29) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
30) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
31) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
32) owen_SVT - CEG
34) 04marauder - CEG
35)
36)
37)
38)
39)
40)
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 08:42 PM
If money isn't due until the end of March, does this mean I have until then to commit to the G/B? Is there a determined cut-off date for this? I'm very interested but don't want to be on the list until I'm 100% certain I can join.

Mark
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
If money isn't due until the end of March, does this mean I have until then to commit to the G/B? Is there a determined cut-off date for this? I'm very interested but don't want to be on the list until I'm 100% certain I can join.

Mark

I will have to get to you on this as I still don't know in what quantity AAM will be producing these. This and other questions will be answered once we hear back from AAM about the production of the bars.
Posted By: SvtEdwardo420 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 10:27 PM
yea im most likely just going to weld the mounts up myself , ill just take it to school.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/08/05 10:47 PM
Update List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) EternalOne - CEG
18) Titan - CEG
19) BSOELMAN - CEG
20) R_G - CEG
21) RawBurt - CEG (questionable)
22) zakatak - CEG
23) morbid - CEG
24) Rance - CEG
25) Christian - CEG
26) tropictour - CEG
27) tour96se - CEG
28) zgendron - CEG
29) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
30) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
31) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
32) owen_SVT - CEG
34) 04marauder - CEG
35) jaged - NECO
36)
37)
38)
39)
40)
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/09/05 02:31 AM
I'm in -B.
Posted By: Aspire Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! *DELETED* - 02/09/05 02:51 AM
I got my deposit in on the ATI group buy and I am running the stock bar, I was going to order the BAT bar. I should maximize the benefits. Get me in on this thing!
Posted By: tropictour Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! *DELETED* - 02/09/05 03:59 AM
I am in!
-tropictour
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/09/05 04:52 AM

Im STILL not on the damned list!
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/09/05 05:43 AM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) EternalOne - CEG
18) Titan - CEG
19) BSOELMAN - CEG
20) R_G - CEG
22) zakatak - CEG
23) morbid - CEG
24) Rance - CEG
25) Christian - CEG
26) tropictour - CEG
27) tour96se - CEG
28) zgendron - CEG
29) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
30) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
31) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
32) owen_SVT - CEG
34) 04marauder - CEG
35) jaged - NECO
36) svt4svt - CEG
37) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
38) bensenvill - NECO
39)
40)
Originally posted by Aspire:
I got my deposit in on the ATI group buy and I am running the stock bar, I was going to order the BAT bar. I should maximize the benefits. Get me in on this thing!

You have been on the list since I started it ... # 16
Originally posted by svt4stv:
Im STILL not on the damned list!

Don't be mad or confused ... you have been added. Sorry I overlooked you
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/09/05 05:59 AM
I'll take some of that.
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/09/05 06:42 AM
im thinking about it too.. i recently bought one for 60 bucks and resold it for a quick buck.. im thinking about getting in on this buy and keeping the bar this time.. question can we get them powder coated before we recieve them??
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/09/05 02:28 PM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) EternalOne - CEG
18) Titan - CEG
19) BSOELMAN - CEG
20) R_G - CEG
22) zakatak - CEG
23) morbid - CEG
24) Rance - CEG
25) Christian - CEG
26) tropictour - CEG
27) tour96se - CEG
28) zgendron - CEG
29) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
30) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
31) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
32) owen_SVT - CEG
34) 04marauder - CEG
35) jaged - NECO
36) svt4svt - CEG
37) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
38) bensenvill - NECO
39) Kokopellian - CEG
40) svttour - CEG (questionable)
41)
42)
43)
44)
45)
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/09/05 02:32 PM
Originally posted by svttour:
.. i recently bought one for 60 bucks and resold it for a quick buck..

im thinking about getting in on this buy and keeping the bar this time.. question can we get them powder coated before we recieve them??

No, sorry, but the lot will be picked up from AAM and shipped to me, where I will be distributing them. I have no way of powdercoating the bars and having it shopped out would cost too much because the existing paint (gloss black IIRC) will have to be stripped, adding more to the cost. I can however suggest a can of spray paint and some 220 grit sand paper
Posted By: bigMoneyRacing_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/09/05 02:47 PM
in
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/09/05 03:04 PM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) EternalOne - CEG
18) Titan - CEG
19) BSOELMAN - CEG
20) R_G - CEG
22) zakatak - CEG
23) morbid - CEG
24) Rance - CEG
25) Christian - CEG
26) tropictour - CEG
27) tour96se - CEG
28) zgendron - CEG
29) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
30) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
31) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
32) owen_SVT - CEG
34) 04marauder - CEG
35) jaged - NECO
36) svt4svt - CEG
37) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
38) bensenvill - NECO
39) Kokopellian - CEG
40) svttour - CEG (questionable)
41) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
42)
43)
44)
45)

This is great ... spread the word people ... let's get this thing sold out!

The minute I hear from Stazi on pricing, I will announce the final price and set up a prepayment page and link to it.
Posted By: Nick98CSVT Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/09/05 04:08 PM
I might be in on this.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/09/05 04:09 PM
im thinking about it too.. i recently bought one for 60 bucks and resold it for a quick buck.. im thinking about getting in on this buy and keeping the bar this time.. question can we get them powder coated before we recieve them??

They ARE e-coated AKA powder coated. Nuff said.

I've made the initial contact with AAM. I'm wating for further info. Stay tuned.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/09/05 05:06 PM

im thinking about getting in on this buy and keeping the bar this time.. question can we get them powder coated before we recieve them??

No, sorry, but the lot will be picked up from AAM and shipped to me, where I will be distributing them. I have no way of powdercoating the bars and having it shopped out would cost too much because the existing paint (gloss black IIRC) will have to be stripped, adding more to the cost. I can however suggest a can of spray paint and some 220 grit sand paper

Originally posted by Stazi:

They ARE e-coated AKA powder coated. Nuff said.

I've made the initial contact with AAM. I'm wating for further info. Stay tuned.

I stand corrected ... thanks for the update!
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/09/05 05:37 PM
ok i was hoping for a nice T red finish but ill stick with the black thanks for the replies.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/09/05 05:44 PM
ok i was hoping for a nice T red finish but ill stick with the black thanks for the replies.

So are you in? If so, I should remove the "(questionable)" marker next to your name
Posted By: Stazi Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/09/05 05:56 PM

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT, and I'll come over and wash and wax your car for you too.

Who gives a flying fugg what colour it is. Do you lay under your car and rub one out, while looking at the suspension, for sh!ts and giggles? You can HARDLY even see the thing when it is installed.

Honestly you guys sometimes...........
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/09/05 06:00 PM
Do you lay under your car and rub one out, while looking at the suspension, for sh!ts and giggles?

Funniest thing I have read in a long time ... thanks!
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/09/05 06:00 PM
Who gives a flying fugg what colour it is... You can HARDLY even see the thing when it is installed.

Painted mine yellow for the hidden mistery POWAH!!!

j/k
Posted By: SVT Doood Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/09/05 07:02 PM
Do you lay under your car and rub one out, while looking at the suspension, for sh!ts and giggles?

You say that like its wrong...

Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/09/05 07:19 PM
cmon stazi dont hate on me... i was just wondering. and besides im just about to order some exhaust parts from you in a week or so... be nice.. IM IN.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/09/05 07:34 PM
No hatin'.....just some good old fashion teasin'!
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/09/05 07:53 PM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) EternalOne - CEG
18) Titan - CEG
19) BSOELMAN - CEG
20) R_G - CEG
22) zakatak - CEG
23) morbid - CEG
24) Rance - CEG
25) Christian - CEG
26) tropictour - CEG
27) tour96se - CEG
28) zgendron - CEG
29) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
30) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
31) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
32) owen_SVT - CEG
34) 04marauder - CEG
35) jaged - NECO
36) svt4svt - CEG
37) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
38) bensenvill - NECO
39) Kokopellian - CEG
40) svttour - CEG
41) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
42)
43)
44)
45)
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/10/05 06:03 AM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) EternalOne - CEG
18) Titan - CEG
19) BSOELMAN - CEG
20) R_G - CEG
22) zakatak - CEG
23) morbid - CEG
24) Rance - CEG
25) Christian - CEG
26) tropictour - CEG
27) tour96se - CEG
28) zgendron - CEG
29) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
30) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
31) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
32) owen_SVT - CEG
34) 04marauder - CEG
35) jaged - NECO
36) svt4svt - CEG
37) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
38) bensenvill - NECO
39) Kokopellian - CEG
40) svttour - CEG
41) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
42) cvsmightymouse24 - NECO (questionable)
43)
44)
45)
Posted By: 303GreenDestiny Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/10/05 07:19 PM
Put me on the list.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/10/05 07:55 PM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) EternalOne - CEG
18) Titan - CEG
19) BSOELMAN - CEG
20) R_G - CEG
22) zakatak - CEG
23) morbid - CEG
24) Rance - CEG
25) Christian - CEG
26) tropictour - CEG
27) tour96se - CEG
28) zgendron - CEG
29) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
30) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
31) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
32) owen_SVT - CEG
34) 04marauder - CEG
35) jaged - NECO
36) svt4svt - CEG
37) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
38) bensenvill - NECO
39) Kokopellian - CEG
40) svttour - CEG
41) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) 303GreenDestiny - CEG
44)
45)
46)
47)
48)
49)
50)
Posted By: frodog31_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/10/05 09:31 PM
i'm in. i currently have the b.a.t. sway bar. just wondering if theres that much difference.drive wise. it was hard to judge what the b.a.t bar did cause i did the whole suspension at once. springs/struts and wheels etc... ive heard great things. any comparisons out there?
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/10/05 09:40 PM
Originally posted by frodog31:
i'm in. i currently have the b.a.t. sway bar. just wondering if theres that much difference.drive wise. it was hard to judge what the b.a.t bar did cause i did the whole suspension at once. springs/struts and wheels etc... ive heard great things. any comparisons out there?

Added to the updated list below as "questionable" since it appears that your decision is based on feedback of the bar.

Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) EternalOne - CEG
18) Titan - CEG
19) BSOELMAN - CEG
20) R_G - CEG
22) zakatak - CEG
23) morbid - CEG
24) Rance - CEG
25) Christian - CEG
26) tropictour - CEG
27) tour96se - CEG
28) zgendron - CEG
29) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
30) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
31) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
32) owen_SVT - CEG
34) 04marauder - CEG
35) jaged - NECO
36) svt4svt - CEG
37) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
38) bensenvill - NECO
39) Kokopellian - CEG
40) svttour - CEG
41) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
44) frodog31 - CEG (questionable)
45)
46)
47)
48)
49)
50)
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/10/05 10:38 PM
alllllmmoooossstt ttthhhheeeeer
Posted By: R_G Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/11/05 12:21 AM
alllllmmoooossstt ttthhhheeeeer

Posted By: Nick98CSVT Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/11/05 03:24 AM
Like I posted the other day I might be in on this.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/11/05 02:35 PM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) EternalOne - CEG
18) Titan - CEG
19) BSOELMAN - CEG
20) R_G - CEG
22) zakatak - CEG
23) morbid - CEG
24) Rance - CEG
25) Christian - CEG
26) tropictour - CEG
27) tour96se - CEG
28) zgendron - CEG
29) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
30) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
31) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
32) owen_SVT - CEG
34) 04marauder - CEG
35) jaged - NECO
36) svt4svt - CEG
37) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
38) bensenvill - NECO
39) Kokopellian - CEG
40) svttour - CEG
41) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
45) topjoe - NECO
46) Nick98CSVT - CEG (questionable)
47)
48)
49)
50)
Posted By: GetBooby151?© Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/13/05 02:18 AM
Nobody else huh...
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/13/05 02:20 AM
dont tell me i gotta get two to make this thing happen?
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/13/05 02:21 AM
If it takes one more person to get them, count me in... but cash is tight right now. Put me down as possible please.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/13/05 02:31 AM
Originally posted by LancasterSVT:
If it takes one more person to get them, count me in... but cash is tight right now. Put me down as possible please.

there not looking to be done until like sometime in march...you should be able to save by then
Posted By: R_G Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/13/05 02:35 AM
1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) EternalOne - CEG
18) Titan - CEG
19) BSOELMAN - CEG
20) R_G - CEG
22) zakatak - CEG
23) morbid - CEG
24) Rance - CEG
25) Christian - CEG
26) tropictour - CEG
27) tour96se - CEG
28) zgendron - CEG
29) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
30) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
31) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
32) owen_SVT - CEG
34) 04marauder - CEG
35) jaged - NECO
36) svt4svt - CEG
37) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
38) bensenvill - NECO
39) Kokopellian - CEG
40) svttour - CEG
41) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
45) topjoe - NECO
46) Nick98CSVT - CEG (questionable)
47) LancasterSVT - CEG (questionable)
48)
49)
50)
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/13/05 02:41 AM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) EternalOne - CEG
18) Titan - CEG
19) BSOELMAN - CEG
20) R_G - CEG
22) zakatak - CEG
23) morbid - CEG
24) Rance - CEG
25) Christian - CEG
26) tropictour - CEG
27) tour96se - CEG
28) zgendron - CEG
29) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
30) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
31) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
32) owen_SVT - CEG
34) 04marauder - CEG
35) jaged - NECO
36) svt4svt - CEG
37) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
38) bensenvill - NECO
39) Kokopellian - CEG
40) svttour - CEG
41) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
45) topjoe - NECO
46) Bennett9000 - NECO
47) Nick98CSVT - CEG (questionable)
48) LancasterSVT - CEG (questionable)
49)
50)
Posted By: NVSVT Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/13/05 05:05 AM
donâ??t tell me I gotta get two to make this thing happen?

It only seems fair, I'm buying two so why shouldnâ??t you? Of course I have two Contoursâ?¦â?¦
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/13/05 05:07 AM
i was being phasichous(sp)but i guess i really could if i needed too
Posted By: NVSVT Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/13/05 05:17 AM
I was being facetious, but I guess I really could if I needed to.

I was just being sarcastic so please don't take offence. I think there might be another half dozen or so people that will still get in on this group buy so donâ??t order a second bar just yet.
Posted By: EternalOne Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/13/05 05:28 AM
Or order more than a few extra and make a killing on them later on. :P

E1
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/13/05 05:34 AM
that very thought has crossed my mind!!
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/13/05 05:43 AM
If I can sell my BAT bar I'm in...
Posted By: NVSVT Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/13/05 05:58 AM
Originally posted by EternalOne:
Or order more than a few extra and make a killing on them later on. :P

E1

Hmmmmm, I hadn't thought of that. Maybe if I do that I can make back some of the money that I'm going to lose when I sell (2) brand new, never installed BAT bars.

Question: What are the only two things that will de-value faster than a BAT bar?

Answer: A used nuclear device and the land that it is dropped on.
Posted By: EternalOne Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/13/05 05:30 PM
Heh, had I been running this I think that would have been my first thought when I heard I needed 50 people. (I never expected this type of response, and would have expected to cover the cost of ~20 bars myself.) A part this rare begs to have extras bought up and sold later on. (I'm suprised James hasn't jumped in and bought any...)

E1
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/13/05 10:51 PM
Awesome! We have a full list!!! I will be accepting more people on the list for those that drop out. First come, first served. If the first questionable drops out, first on the list gets on the buyers list.

Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) EternalOne - CEG
18) Titan - CEG
19) BSOELMAN - CEG
20) R_G - CEG
22) zakatak - CEG
23) morbid - CEG
24) Rance - CEG
25) Christian - CEG
26) tropictour - CEG
27) tour96se - CEG
28) zgendron - CEG
29) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
30) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
31) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
32) owen_SVT - CEG
34) 04marauder - CEG
35) jaged - NECO
36) svt4svt - CEG
37) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
38) bensenvill - NECO
39) Kokopellian - CEG
40) svttour - CEG
41) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
45) topjoe - NECO
46) Bennett9000 - NECO
49) Res - NECO
50) JaxCougar - NECO (questionable)

Backups:
51)
52)
53)
54)
55)
56)
57)
58)
59)
60)
Posted By: R_G Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/13/05 10:57 PM
Can we start now?
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/13/05 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Bridge:
If I can sell my BAT bar I'm in...

Put me in as questionable
Thanks
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/13/05 11:47 PM
why would you limit it to just 50? i thought that was a minimum order not the limit
Posted By: ButtonPuncher_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/13/05 11:52 PM
Sign me up! I'll take one.

BP

>>>EDIT<<< Yeah, why the heck it there a 50 limit? I thought that it was just 50 to get this thing rolling? >>>EDIT<<<
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/14/05 12:08 AM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
why would you limit it to just 50? i thought that was a minimum order not the limit

Yeah that doesn't make much sense.... IF this is the case I did say I was interested before the list was full...
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/14/05 01:58 AM
It's limited to the production run, which untill we hear from AAM is set to be 50 bars. However, the "overflow" list may allow us to submit an order for 60-70 depending. Once we hear from AAM, we will know more and can go from there. Untill then, I have to go with the last production run of 50.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/14/05 02:02 AM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) EternalOne - CEG
18) Titan - CEG
19) BSOELMAN - CEG
20) R_G - CEG
22) zakatak - CEG
23) morbid - CEG
24) Rance - CEG
25) Christian - CEG
26) tropictour - CEG
27) tour96se - CEG
28) zgendron - CEG
29) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
30) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
31) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
32) owen_SVT - CEG
34) 04marauder - CEG
35) jaged - NECO
36) svt4svt - CEG
37) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
38) bensenvill - NECO
39) Kokopellian - CEG
40) svttour - CEG
41) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
45) topjoe - NECO
46) Bennett9000 - NECO
49) Res - NECO
50) JaxCougar - NECO (questionable)

Backups:
51) Bridge - CEG (questionable)
52) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53)
54)
55)
56)
57)
58)
59)
60)
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/14/05 06:19 PM
Just a reshuffle due to my duplication of a member of both boards being the same person and someone changing their status.

Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
20) RawBurt - CEG (questionable)
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
31) 99contourdriver - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
40) cvsmightymouse24 - NECO (questionable)
41) 303GreenDestiny - CEG
42) frodog31 - CEG (questionable)
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
45) Nick98CSVT - CEG (questionable)
46) LancasterSVT - CEG (questionable)
47) Res - NECO
48) JaxCougar - NECO (questionable)
49) Bridge - CEG (questionable)
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG

Backups:

51) Christian - CEG (questionable)
52)
53)
54)
55)
56)
57)
58)
59)
60)
Posted By: EternalOne Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/14/05 06:59 PM
Doh, sorry Trevor. All the times I've seen yer list and I never once realized my name was on it twice.

E1
Posted By: Jeffs2000BlkSVT Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/14/05 07:22 PM
add one more please:)
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/14/05 07:43 PM
Since I don't know the production run or if AAM will produce more than their "standard" production run if our demand exceeds that run, which it will if everyone that is "questionable" participates. As always, everything depends on what they decide to do and we won't know that until they get back in contact with Stazi. So, until I hear otherwise, the list will continue to grow with the expectation that everyone on the list will be able to get a bar.

Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
47) Res - NECO
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
52) Jeffs2000BlkSVT - CEG
53)
54)
55)
56)
57)
58)
59)
60)
Posted By: R_G Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/15/05 02:27 AM
Stazi should enjoy the roaylties and retire to FL.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/15/05 02:32 PM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
47) Res - NECO
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54)
55)
56)
57)
58)
59)
60)
Posted By: Stazi Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/15/05 03:22 PM
Originally posted by R_G:
Stazi should enjoy the roaylties and retire to FL.

I don't get squat! AAM owns the design.
Posted By: Viss1_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/15/05 08:10 PM
If it's still looking like about $145 shipped I'm in for a backup spot.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/16/05 03:09 PM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
47) Res - NECO
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54) Viss1 - CEG (questionable)
55) tnkgurl - NECO
56)
57)
58)
59)
60)
Posted By: GetBooby151?© Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/16/05 03:20 PM
Its getting bigger!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/16/05 03:28 PM
Its getting bigger!

That's what she said!

And I thought we were only adding our names if we were FOR SURE IN? If I knew this was the case I would have put myself in as questionable a while ago to assure myself a spot.

Mark
Posted By: Viss1_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/16/05 03:35 PM
Yeah, FWIW I'm definitely in if there are enough bars available.
Posted By: 2 guard Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/16/05 04:12 PM
ok, ok i'll get 1 if i still can. please.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/16/05 04:35 PM
yay tax return, put me down for one if there is still a spot
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/16/05 09:19 PM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
47) Res - NECO
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54) Viss1 - CEG
55) tnkgurl - NECO
56) 2 guard - CEG
57) SVTatGT - CEG
58)
59)
60)
Posted By: Rance Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/16/05 10:05 PM
WOW! This is great , so many ceg'ers gettin in on this.
Posted By: COUGAR99 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/16/05 10:51 PM
Put me down for one

this list is getting HUGE
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/16/05 10:57 PM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
47) Res - NECO
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54) Viss1 - CEG
55) tnkgurl - NECO
56) 2 guard - CEG
57) SVTatGT - CEG
58) COUGAR99 - CEG
59)
60)
Posted By: Frosty Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/17/05 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Rance:

There is a lot of peeps on that list!
Posted By: GetBooby151?© Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/17/05 01:09 AM
Originally posted by 99contourdriver:
Originally posted by Rance:

There is a lot of peeps on that list!

Yes there is...Im quite excited about this whole shin-dig myself.
Posted By: NVSVT Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/17/05 01:17 AM
There are a lot of peeps on that list!

That may be true, but I don't see (50) people "absolutely" committed to buying an â??Aussieâ? bar yet.
Posted By: Frosty Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/17/05 01:38 AM
There are a lot of peeps on that list!

That may be true, but I don't see (50) people "absolutely" committed to buying an â??Aussieâ? bar yet.

Ok, so we're a couple short of 50. Give 'er a couple more days...we'll get there!
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/17/05 02:38 AM
dont forget the couple of us buying two....
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/17/05 02:40 AM
I'm in for sure now, I convinced the rents to front me the money if I can't get it myself by the time moneys due

Edit: With me being 100% in now, that makes 50
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/17/05 05:34 AM
This GB is officially OUT-OF-CONTROL!
Posted By: Harrry Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/17/05 05:36 AM
I love that it is!! Out of control
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/17/05 05:58 AM
LancasterSVT Status Update

tour96se: You buying 2? I only have NVSVT buying 2

Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
46) LancasterSVT - CEG
47) Res - NECO
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54) Viss1 - CEG
55) tnkgurl - NECO
56) 2 guard - CEG
57) SVTatGT - CEG
58) COUGAR99 - CEG
59)
60)
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/17/05 09:47 PM
put me down for one as well
Posted By: GetBooby151?© Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/17/05 10:56 PM
Yay more people!
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/17/05 11:08 PM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
46) LancasterSVT - CEG
47) Res - NECO
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54) Viss1 - CEG
55) tnkgurl - NECO
56) 2 guard - CEG
57) SVTatGT - CEG
58) COUGAR99 - CEG
59) johnny hennessy - CEG
60)
61)
62)
63)
64)
65)
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/18/05 02:06 PM
Yay more people!

I'm still not convinced that there are this many NEW subframes available in the US.
Posted By: NVSVT Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/18/05 09:02 PM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
I'm still not convinced that there are this many NEW sub-frames available in the US.

Hey Tour, this is the "Aussie" bar group buy, not the one for the ATI sub-frame! I understand though, with so many of the same people in both group buys I get them confused too. Of course I'm old, what's your excuse!
Posted By: zgendron_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/18/05 09:34 PM
I'm still not convinced that there are this many NEW sub-frames available in the US.

Hey Tour, this is the "Aussie" bar group buy, not the one for the ATI sub-frame! I understand though, with so many of the same people in both group buys I get them confused too. Of course I'm old, what's your excuse!

I think his point was that people will need the new subframe after the Aussie bar rips away from the OEM Subframe, but I could be wrong.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/18/05 11:05 PM
Originally posted by zgendron:

I think his point was that people will need the new subframe after the Aussie bar rips away from the OEM Subframe, but I could be wrong.

no, i think your right....i think that was the point he was trying to make...luckily i have a spare tour that has a really good looking subframe on it...so she'll come off go to the welder..
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/19/05 04:52 AM

no, i think your right....i think that was the point he was trying to make...luckily i have a spare tour that has a really good looking subframe on it...so she'll come off go to the welder..

Um... yeah, that's what I meant...

Where are my pills???
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/20/05 04:56 AM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
46) LancasterSVT - CEG
47) Res - NECO
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54) Viss1 - CEG
55) tnkgurl - NECO
56) 2 guard - CEG
57) SVTatGT - CEG
58) COUGAR99 - CEG
60) 99Elimin8r - NECO
61)
62)
63)
64)
65)
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/22/05 07:37 AM
im having a hard time passing this up. put me down as a maybe.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/22/05 02:23 PM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
46) LancasterSVT - CEG
47) Res - NECO
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54) Viss1 - CEG
55) tnkgurl - NECO
56) 2 guard - CEG
57) SVTatGT - CEG
58) COUGAR99 - CEG
60) 99Elimin8r - NECO
61) KingpinSVT - CEG (questionable)
62)
63)
64)
65)
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/23/05 02:53 PM
We hope to hear something soon folks ... hang in there

Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
46) LancasterSVT - CEG
47) Res - NECO
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54) Viss1 - CEG
55) tnkgurl - NECO
56) 2 guard - CEG
57) SVTatGT - CEG
58) COUGAR99 - CEG
60) 99Elimin8r - NECO
62) greenlacougar - NECO
63)
64)
65)
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/24/05 01:14 AM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
46) LancasterSVT - CEG
47) Res - NECO
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54) Viss1 - CEG
55) tnkgurl - NECO
56) 2 guard - CEG
57) SVTatGT - CEG
58) COUGAR99 - CEG
60) 99Elimin8r - NECO
62) greenlacougar - NECO
63) SHOgoFast - CEG
64)
65)
Posted By: RyeLou Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/24/05 05:55 AM
I havn't read all 10 pages. Is it still at the $150ish price? If so I think I'll be in as well. I'll check back here as soon as I can in the next day or two and let you know for sure.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/24/05 05:45 PM
Originally posted by RyeLou:
I havn't read all 10 pages. Is it still at the $150ish price? If so I think I'll be in as well. I'll check back here as soon as I can in the next day or two and let you know for sure.

That is the target price, but we won't know for sure unitl we hear back from AAM. It should be much more if it has to go up ... $145 was the ballpark and I hope we can keep it that low.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/24/05 05:47 PM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
46) LancasterSVT - CEG
47) Res - NECO
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54) Viss1 - CEG
55) tnkgurl - NECO
56) 2 guard - CEG
57) SVTatGT - CEG
58) COUGAR99 - CEG
60) 99Elimin8r - NECO
62) greenlacougar - NECO
63) SHOgoFast - CEG
64) akronstreetracer - NECO
65) RyeLou - CEG (questionable)
66)
67)
68)
69)
70)
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/25/05 12:29 AM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
46) LancasterSVT - CEG
47) Res - NECO
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54) Viss1 - CEG
55) tnkgurl - NECO
56) 2 guard - CEG
57) SVTatGT - CEG
58) COUGAR99 - CEG
60) 99Elimin8r - NECO
62) greenlacougar - NECO
63) SHOgoFast - CEG
66) maddbeefer - NECO
67)
68)
69)
70)
Posted By: SVTLAY_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/25/05 06:36 AM
Updated List:
I'm in to if they are making this many !!
1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
46) LancasterSVT - CEG
47) Res - NECO
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54) Viss1 - CEG
55) tnkgurl - NECO
56) 2 guard - CEG
57) SVTatGT - CEG
58) COUGAR99 - CEG
60) 99Elimin8r - NECO
62) greenlacougar - NECO
63) SHOgoFast - CEG
66) maddbeefer - NECO
67) SVTLAY-CEG
68)
69)
70)

Posted By: svt4stv Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/25/05 07:06 AM
Holy [censored]!
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/25/05 04:33 PM
Someone didn't read the part about me maintaining the list ... added

Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
46) LancasterSVT - CEG
47) Res - NECO
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54) Viss1 - CEG
55) tnkgurl - NECO
56) 2 guard - CEG
57) SVTatGT - CEG
58) COUGAR99 - CEG
60) 99Elimin8r - NECO
62) greenlacougar - NECO
63) SHOgoFast - CEG
66) maddbeefer - NECO
67) SVTLAY - CEG
68)
69)
70)
Posted By: GetBooby151?© Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/25/05 05:33 PM
This is the sweetest GB Ive seen!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/25/05 05:35 PM
this GB is probably your last chance you'll ever get to have one of these. thats why im gettin in.
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/25/05 06:05 PM
Sold the BAT bar, I'm in for sure.

Bridge
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/25/05 06:26 PM
Sold the BAT bar, I'm in for sure.

Bridge

"questionable" status removed.

Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
46) LancasterSVT - CEG
47) Res - NECO
49) Bridge - CEG
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54) Viss1 - CEG
55) tnkgurl - NECO
56) 2 guard - CEG
57) SVTatGT - CEG
58) COUGAR99 - CEG
60) 99Elimin8r - NECO
62) greenlacougar - NECO
63) SHOgoFast - CEG
66) maddbeefer - NECO
67) SVTLAY - CEG
68)
69)
70)
Posted By: GetBooby151?© Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/25/05 07:15 PM
this GB is probably your last chance you'll ever get to have one of these. thats why im gettin in.

Same here.
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/25/05 07:17 PM

Same here.

exactamundo
Posted By: Frosty Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/25/05 07:51 PM
Originally posted by LancasterSVT:

Same here.

exactamundo

Yep, I don't wanna hafta search and search for one of these later.
Posted By: morbid Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/25/05 09:12 PM
damn... saw there was a bunch of new posts within the last few hours and thought there was a hot update
Posted By: JB1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/26/05 12:29 AM
this GB is probably your last chance you'll ever get to have one of these.

damn...not only do i not have the cash but i am also without my tour.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/26/05 10:31 PM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
46) LancasterSVT - CEG
47) Res - NECO
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54) Viss1 - CEG
55) tnkgurl - NECO
56) 2 guard - CEG
57) SVTatGT - CEG
58) COUGAR99 - CEG
60) 99Elimin8r - NECO
62) greenlacougar - NECO
63) SHOgoFast - CEG
66) maddbeefer - NECO
67) SVTLAY - CEG
68) BCkat - NECO
69)
70)
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/27/05 07:29 PM
I think you copied the wrong list
Check #49

Thanks!
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/27/05 07:35 PM
I think you copied the wrong list
Check #49

Thanks!

Doh! That's what happens when you try to maintain such a large list in two forums ... corrected

Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
46) LancasterSVT - CEG
47) Res - NECO
49) Bridge - CEG
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54) Viss1 - CEG
55) tnkgurl - NECO
56) 2 guard - CEG
57) SVTatGT - CEG
58) COUGAR99 - CEG
60) 99Elimin8r - NECO
62) greenlacougar - NECO
63) SHOgoFast - CEG
66) maddbeefer - NECO
67) SVTLAY - CEG
68) BCkat - NECO
69)
70)
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 02/28/05 04:19 AM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
46) LancasterSVT - CEG
47) Res - NECO
49) Bridge - CEG
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54) Viss1 - CEG
55) tnkgurl - NECO
56) 2 guard - CEG
57) SVTatGT - CEG
58) COUGAR99 - CEG
60) 99Elimin8r - NECO
62) greenlacougar - NECO
63) SHOgoFast - CEG
65) maddbeefer - NECO
66) SVTLAY - CEG
67) BCkat - NECO
68)
69)
70)
Posted By: R_G Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/02/05 09:46 PM
BUMP
Posted By: WildChild Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/04/05 05:49 AM
Are there any updates on this GB besides the list, or are we still waiting to find out if the bars will be manufactured?

Only asking because my ship will be pulling out soon(GO NAVY ), and I might not be back for 6 months or so.
Posted By: zakatak Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/05/05 07:46 PM
I see the bar comes with bushings and brackets. What kind of brackets are they? I assume not the same style as stock since the boxed subframe is a must. The reason I ask is that I'm going to be boxing my subframe next weekend and I need to know what I need to do for the mounting tabs.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/05/05 07:46 PM
any news on these??????? that i would ask...needed one more post to be a veteran
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/07/05 05:19 AM
any news on these???????

Posted By: svt4stv Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/07/05 05:21 AM
any news on these??????? that i would ask...needed one more post to be a veteran

nope still hardcore.

i hope this happens soon, i just plunked down $200 plus for the ATI subframe specifically for this.
Posted By: R_G Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/07/05 10:40 PM
I just plunked down $200 plus for the ATI subframe specifically for this.

Posted By: 99svtContourMan Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/08/05 02:38 AM
I am interested in the aussie bar. I dont want to read all the posts lol so can someone tell me the price and if it is a direct replacement or if I need some other mods
Posted By: GetBooby151?© Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/08/05 02:41 AM
I believe they said it would hopefully be around $145. But the Aussie bar is very sweet! and an ATI-rear sub-frame would be a good idea, along with this bar.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/08/05 01:35 PM
Originally posted by 99svtContourMan:
I am interested in the aussie bar. I dont want to read all the posts lol so can someone tell me the price and if it is a direct replacement or if I need some other mods

Some people ... all you have to read is the FIRST POST!
Posted By: zgendron_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/08/05 04:39 PM

Some people ... all you have to read is the FIRST POST!

If he's really that interested, he'll scan through all the posts.
Posted By: R_G Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/09/05 01:06 AM
Shouldn't we address ATI or some other reputable company with this GB? It doesn't seem to move a lot with a present contractor...
Posted By: 99svtContourMan Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/09/05 02:04 AM
You guys need to calm down. I read the first post it said it might be around 145. I wasn't sure if the price had changed since then
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/09/05 03:42 AM
Shouldn't we address ATI or some other reputable company with this GB? It doesn't seem to move a lot with a present contractor...

OK, Here is the big update that everyone is looking for. About 3 weeks ago, we got word from AAM:
Quote:

Due to the volume of internal prototype work we currently have made commitments for, we are unable to take on any additional business in the near term.

They go on to say
Quote:

As always, schedules and commitments have a way of changing unexpectedly. If time in our prototype facility becomes available, I will definitely contact you. I will have our prototype center re-evaluate the workload in about eight weeks to see if the work load has changed appreciably.

Since then Art (goalcoach) and I have been calling many different suppliers of hollow sway bars and been getting either turned down or outpriced. Then, Art brought up the subject with ATI when he picked up his rear sub-frame. I made a followup call today and let Max know that we are serious and have roughly 60+ people ready to drop $150 on this. He told me that he would need to outsource this, but has a list of manufacturers that he deals with that he will be asking. I should hear back from him by week's end. If not, I will be calling him on Monday as he requested. So, please don't call and ask. Max is aware of this thread and of our dire interest in a stronger/lighter rear sway bar.

Now, IF ATI can't do this, we will reapproach AAM again and see if their schedule will free up some time to produce these for us. DO NOT WORRY ... this will get done, it's just a matter of who will make them, when and how much they will charge us.

I have been extremely busy at work lately and at home, so I will need a few days to update the list ... I know there are at least 3 more people seriously interested.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/09/05 05:57 PM
Then, Art brought up the subject with ATI when he picked up his rear sub-frame. I made a followup call today and let Max know that we are serious and have roughly 60+ people ready to drop $150 on this. He told me that he would need to outsource this, but has a list of manufacturers that he deals with that he will be asking. I should hear back from him by week's end. If not, I will be calling him on Monday as he requested. So, please don't call and ask. Max is aware of this thread and of our dire interest in a stronger/lighter rear sway bar.

Max is a good guy. Definately is aware of the fervent interest in these suspension parts as I had discussed at least one other non-GB issue with him last week.

I am totally for a single contact with these vendors, so please don't pester them. Better we get all answers through fastcougar.
Posted By: zgendron_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/09/05 07:58 PM

I am totally for a single contact with these vendors, so please don't pester them. Better we get all answers through fastcougar.

Agreed!
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/11/05 08:25 AM
I hope we can get this going soon, auto X season is coming up quickly here in CO, would love to have this on the car in time. I have every other mod but this one ! -B.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/11/05 08:38 PM
My next post will be an update as to the progress of this ... look down

Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
46) LancasterSVT - CEG
47) Res - NECO
48) JaxCougar - NECO
49) Bridge - CEG
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54) Viss1 - CEG
55) tnkgurl - NECO
56) 2 guard - CEG
57) SVTatGT - CEG
58) COUGAR99 - CEG
60) 99Elimin8r - NECO
62) greenlacougar - NECO
63) SHOgoFast - CEG
65) maddbeefer - NECO
66) SVTLAY - CEG
67) BCkat - NECO
68) RodneyBur - NECO
69) FrostCougar - NECO
70) fordrule - NECO
71) nnellans - NECO
72) 99svtContourMan - CEG
73)
74)
75)
Posted By: 04marauder Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/11/05 08:46 PM
fastcougar, are you still pretty optimistic about this. No offence but I'm just starting to have some concerns and doubts.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/11/05 08:48 PM
Breaking News!

Talked with Max from ATI and he has 2 vendors that are interested in doing this for ATI. Max is currently working on a design based on the dimensions of a 21mm BAT bar, which is a stock replacement bar. Once he has the schematics finished, he will talking to the manufacturers early next week about pricing per unit to them and he will be letting us know if they can get them made within our price range. He will be posting this information directly, not me. It's looking promising that these will be made. Timeline is purely up to the manufacturer's response.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/11/05 08:49 PM
Originally posted by 04marauder:
fastcougar, are you still pretty optimistic about this. No offence but I'm just starting to have some concerns and doubts.

Why? Because you can't get your instant gratification of holding it in your hands tomorrow? These things take time people ... be patient ... a hollow 24mm sway bar will be coming.

If Max gets the price we are looking for, this group buy will work out as smoothly as the rear sub-frame group buy. It will be held in the same fashion, where we would go through ATI's website to make a deposit. Then when the bar ships, you would have to pay the remainder.
Posted By: 04marauder Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/11/05 09:00 PM
Like I said, no offence. Don't think you should really blame me for being concerned though. Was just asking how confident you still were on this. If you're sure thats good enough for me. Thanks for everything you've done so far.
Posted By: R_G Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/11/05 09:04 PM
Max is currently working on a design based on the dimensions of a 21mm BAT bar, which is a stock replacement bar.

Fastcougar - though I too wish the GB picks up the speed, I really have to thank you for the efforts and time u r putting in.

Just a side note. How is 21 being stock? Stock is 16mm and SE/SVT is 18mm.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/11/05 09:08 PM
Max is currently working on a design based on the dimensions of a 21mm BAT bar, which is a stock replacement bar.

Fastcougar - though I too wish the GB picks up the speed, I really have to thank you for the efforts and time u r putting in.

Just a side note. How is 21 being stock? Stock is 16mm and SE/SVT is 18mm.

"Stock replacement" is what he said. Meaning the bar will bolt up to the stock subframe with stock clamps & the bushings provided by BAT. The 24mm bar requires special clamps & other mods AFAIK... Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Posted By: R_G Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/11/05 09:22 PM
OK, didn't get what me meant first.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/11/05 09:25 PM
it does? i didnt know that. i thought the Aussie bar popped right in, that we just needed the strengthened mounting points, hence the ATI subframe. can someone shed some light on this?

also, can someone shed some light on the difference between the stazi and the bat bar, besides the stazi being lighter. for street applications, is it much more noticeable performance? is it not for a novice driver?
Posted By: GetBooby151?© Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/11/05 09:35 PM
These things take time people ... be patient ... a hollow 24mm sway bar will be coming.

Hell yea! Thats what I like to hear.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/11/05 10:08 PM
it does? i didnt know that. i thought the Aussie bar popped right in, that we just needed the strengthened mounting points, hence the ATI subframe. can someone shed some light on this?

The Aussie bar should come with a strap when it gets built, so that is not a worry just yet. Whoever gets the call might offer choice of straps for stock or ATI sub frames (if it will fit in on a stock mounting).

What have the guys with Aussie bars had to do to fit these on a stock sub-frame? Anybody?

Guys like me with a BAT bar will need to find or fab a strap. The ATI subframe comes with some very nice grade 8.8 bolts that were supposed to fit with the universal straps from Energy for stock bars up to 21mm. The Energy won't fit around a 21mmm BAT bar I'm told. I think MAX may be working on the BAT bar strap problem now.

Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/11/05 11:09 PM
The Aussie bar should come with a strap when it gets built, so that is not a worry just yet. Whoever gets the call might offer choice of straps for stock or ATI sub frames (if it will fit in on a stock mounting).

What have the guys with Aussie bars had to do to fit these on a stock sub-frame? Anybody?

Guys like me with a BAT bar will need to find or fab a strap. The ATI subframe comes with some very nice grade 8.8 bolts that were supposed to fit with the universal straps from Energy for stock bars up to 21mm. The Energy won't fit around a 21mmm BAT bar I'm told. I think MAX may be working on the BAT bar strap problem now.

Do you mean brackets ... the ones that bolt to the subframe over the bushings? I have never heard of a sway bar "strap".
Posted By: NVSVT Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/12/05 12:19 AM
It is my understanding that model #9.5160 on this page http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/swaybbct.html works with an "Aussie" bar, but it would sure be nice if Stazi weighed-in on this though.

Maybe I don't get it, but why do we need a 21mm BAT rear sway bar knock-off? Any of us can buy a BAT bar right now for $124.50, with bushings, from Eric at BAT.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/12/05 01:19 AM
stazi sent those to me...
Posted By: 99svtContourMan Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/12/05 01:31 AM
So the sway bar we are getting won't fit on our stock brackets? Will the brackets we need to mount the new sway bar come with the bar or do we need to buy them seperate?
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/12/05 02:32 AM
So the sway bar we are getting won't fit on our stock brackets? Will the brackets we need to mount the new sway bar come with the bar or do we need to buy them seperate?

...............exactaly what i was wondering????
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/12/05 02:48 AM
Nothing is changing from the original post people: 24mm Hollow Sway "Aussie" Bar, Polyurethane Bushings (most likely 15/16") w/ Brackets. This will fit in the stock location. The only advice is to have the brackets boxed in ... NOTHING has changed except for who will actually be manufacturing the bar. With Max in charge of this, I can assure you that the quality will be top notch!!!
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/12/05 02:50 AM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
46) LancasterSVT - CEG
47) Res - NECO
48) JaxCougar - NECO
49) Bridge - CEG
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54) Viss1 - CEG
55) tnkgurl - NECO
56) 2 guard - CEG
57) SVTatGT - CEG
58) COUGAR99 - CEG
60) 99Elimin8r - NECO
62) greenlacougar - NECO
63) SHOgoFast - CEG
65) maddbeefer - NECO
66) SVTLAY - CEG
67) BCkat - NECO
68) RodneyBur - NECO
69) FrostCougar - NECO
70) fordrule - NECO
71) nnellans - NECO
72) 99svtContourMan - CEG
73) VanCityKitty - NECO
74)
75)
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/12/05 03:02 AM
It is my understanding that model #9.5160 on this page http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/swaybbct.html works with an "Aussie" bar, but it would sure be nice if Stazi weighed-in on this though.

That is correct, the 15/16" bushings w/brackets are what will be used with this group buy. However the supplier will most likely be another (less expensive) performance urethane manufacturer called Prothane.
Maybe I don't get it, but why do we need a 21mm BAT rear sway bar knock-off? Any of us can buy a BAT bar right now for $124.50, with bushings, from Eric at BAT.

24mm HOLLOW sway bar is both more rigid and lighter. All bars are "knock-offs" of the stock 16mm bar. The SVT bar is a "knock-off" 16mm bar. The design of all the bars is identical except for the size of the bar stock. The "Aussie" bar is the only hollow bar of the lot, which removes weight ... this has be discussed Ad Nauseam both on the first page of this thread as well as many others on the Aussie bar.
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/17/05 09:35 AM
Bump . . . . Auto X season starts next month ! Hope you hear from them soon -B.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/17/05 01:13 PM
Checking with AAM again to see if they can take our order. We are trying to squeeze into production to get these made.

Remember even 75 bars is a small order for them so it's going to be tough to get them to break production for us, but I'm pushing!
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/17/05 04:48 PM
cool, thanks man. anyone else down for contributing $5 to Stazi for making this happen AND for his original design of the Aussie bar that he didnt make a cent off of.
or even if just a $1. its not that he is requesting it but more of as a thanks for the contribution.
Posted By: Frosty Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/17/05 09:28 PM
I'm up for that...props to Stazi!
Posted By: GetBooby151?© Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/17/05 09:33 PM

Posted By: EternalOne Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/17/05 09:54 PM
As I said before, with the legwork that Stazi has put into this, he definately deserves something. I'd suggest either bumping the price slightly to make some pocket change, or getting a few extra bars made to be sold later on at a higher price. Simple supply and demand economics. =)

E1
Posted By: R_G Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/17/05 11:49 PM

Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/18/05 09:21 AM
cool, thanks man. anyone else down for contributing $5 to Stazi for making this happen AND for his original design of the Aussie bar that he didnt make a cent off of.

I think that the 76 people that are signed up should throw down an extra $5/per person just for all his hard work in the disign alone. I have heard so many good things, I cannot wait till the day comes and I have one on my car ! -B.
Posted By: tropictour Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/18/05 02:38 PM
Originally posted by BlackwidowSVTT:

I think that the 76 people that are signed up should throw down an extra $5/per person just for all his hard work in the disign alone. I have heard so many good things, I cannot wait till the day comes and I have one on my car ! -B.

-tropictour
Posted By: frodog31_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/18/05 10:21 PM
i'd be more than willing to throw down on that.
thanx for everything stazi.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/18/05 10:52 PM
...awwww usually my wallets tight...but this seems like a good cause...thanks stazi..
Posted By: R_G Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/18/05 10:57 PM
So, let's start another thread with the ppl who r ready to chip in.

1. RG
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/19/05 03:40 AM
i dont think we need to start another thread. i think BlackwidowSVT had a great idea of just adding an additional $5 to the final price, whatever that may be. that way everybody chips in, not just 10 people. it's only F I V E dollars, it wont kill anybody.

of course, waiting for the bar to finally arrive might kill some people

of course, if we did a separate deal, then people who previously bought one could contribute if they felt like it.
we could even keep it anonymous. then people could donate however much they wanted. maybe one of Stazi's close buds could collect via Paypal or money order or check. just some ideas to kick around. of course, we can wait till this GB finally goes through to get it going.
Posted By: bensenvill Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/19/05 04:31 AM
correction... keeping a 150 bucks in my pocket is killing me... I am a very patient person but someone please take this money off my hands before I do something stupid with it.
Posted By: COUGAR99 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/19/05 05:44 AM
PM sent

I can find plenty of things to spend your money on
Posted By: WildChild Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/20/05 06:38 AM
Originally posted by COUGAR99:
PM sent

I can find plenty of things to spend your money on

Me too, but this is just another line off of the mod list for me, so I'm not worried about it.
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/20/05 06:43 AM
Put me on that list as a possible. I was planning on a BAT sway bar but this one sounds more interesting. I'm also down with the extra $5 idea
Posted By: NVSVT Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/24/05 06:27 AM
Breaking News!

Talked with Max from ATI and he has 2 vendors that are interested in doing this for ATI. Max is currently working on a design based on the dimensions of a 21mm BAT bar, which is a stock replacement bar. Once he has the schematics finished, he will talking to the manufacturers early next week about pricing per unit to them and he will be letting us know if they can get them made within our price range. He will be posting this information directly, not me. It's looking promising that these will be made. Timeline is purely up to the manufacturer's response.

fastcougar,

You posted this on the 11th of March, today is the 23rd and there still hasn't been a post from anyone at ATI; do you have any news?
Posted By: MaxwellChurch Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/24/05 12:38 PM
I am waiting for my engineer to free up the time to specify the material and finish the drawing. I have two suppliers waiting to bid the job, so I do not think manufacturing the bar will be the issue. Race season is just around the corner and we have two hot C5 projects in the shop that are taking up 95% of Dennis' time.

My manager Rick Myers and I understand that this is an important product with good community interest. We have not forgotten about you or the 24mm bar, but our resources are a bit thin at the moment. I will continue to persue this unless I hear that Stazi and his contact come through. Of course if Stazi already has the material spec and or a CAD drawing, I would be willing to work on compenstaion for his investment in this product.

Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/24/05 05:31 PM
Originally posted by MaxwellChurch:
Of course if Stazi already has the material spec and or a CAD drawing, I would be willing to work on compenstaion for his investment in this product.

I'm tellin' ya, Max is a straight-up good guy, just like Stazi... I hope the two can pull it all together & perhaps collaborate on a few more things in the future.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/24/05 09:23 PM
AAM will not release the print. But if you PM me I can give you the specs on the material/size.

Essentially I copied the EXACT same design, but optimised the tube size and material to increase the torsional stiffness of the bar. Hence, if you have a stock sway bar you're set. No funny changes where made. Geometry is identical. The center-line of the stock bar is the same as the ceterline of the Aussie bar. Also the distance from the endlink hole to the centerline of the body of the bar is the same.

Get my drift?
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/24/05 10:02 PM
In the interest of making this happen, I will donate my stock SE bar. I'll be installing a BAT 21mm this weekend, so the stocker belongs to you guys if it will do as a template.
Posted By: EternalOne Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/25/05 04:53 PM
Quote:

material spec

Quote:

torsional stiffness

I just love seeing words like this used in a group buy. :P

E1
Posted By: R_G Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/26/05 01:46 AM
Quote:

material spec

Quote:

torsional stiffness

I just love seeing words like this used in a group buy. :P

E1

Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/30/05 02:55 AM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
46) LancasterSVT - CEG
47) Res - NECO
48) JaxCougar - NECO
49) Bridge - CEG
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54) Viss1 - CEG
55) tnkgurl - NECO
56) 2 guard - CEG
57) SVTatGT - CEG
58) COUGAR99 - CEG
60) 99Elimin8r - NECO
62) greenlacougar - NECO
63) SHOgoFast - CEG
65) maddbeefer - NECO
66) SVTLAY - CEG
67) BCkat - NECO
68) RodneyBur - NECO
69) FrostCougar - NECO
70) fordrule - NECO
71) 99svtContourMan - CEG
72) VanCityKitty - NECO
73) GForceAuto - NECO
74) 98_HO_Contour - CEG (questionable)
75)
Posted By: ChiliSVT Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/30/05 07:45 AM
i would like to get in on this.............

david
la vista, ne
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/30/05 01:22 PM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
46) LancasterSVT - CEG
47) Res - NECO
48) JaxCougar - NECO
49) Bridge - CEG
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54) Viss1 - CEG
55) tnkgurl - NECO
56) 2 guard - CEG
57) SVTatGT - CEG
58) COUGAR99 - CEG
60) 99Elimin8r - NECO
62) greenlacougar - NECO
63) SHOgoFast - CEG
65) maddbeefer - NECO
66) SVTLAY - CEG
67) BCkat - NECO
68) RodneyBur - NECO
69) FrostCougar - NECO
70) fordrule - NECO
72) VanCityKitty - NECO
73) GForceAuto - NECO
75) A-TownSVT
76)
77)
78)
79)
80)
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 03/31/05 04:26 PM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
46) LancasterSVT - CEG
47) Res - NECO
48) JaxCougar - NECO
49) Bridge - CEG
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54) Viss1 - CEG
55) tnkgurl - NECO
56) 2 guard - CEG
57) SVTatGT - CEG
58) COUGAR99 - CEG
60) 99Elimin8r - NECO
62) greenlacougar - NECO
63) SHOgoFast - CEG
65) maddbeefer - NECO
66) SVTLAY - CEG
67) BCkat - NECO
68) RodneyBur - NECO
69) FrostCougar - NECO
70) fordrule - NECO
72) VanCityKitty - NECO
73) GForceAuto - NECO
75) A-TownSVT - CEG
76) Spade - NECO
77)
78)
79)
80)
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/01/05 12:53 PM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
46) LancasterSVT - CEG
47) Res - NECO
48) JaxCougar - NECO
49) Bridge - CEG
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54) Viss1 - CEG
55) tnkgurl - NECO
56) 2 guard - CEG
57) SVTatGT - CEG
58) COUGAR99 - CEG
60) 99Elimin8r - NECO
62) greenlacougar - NECO
63) SHOgoFast - CEG
65) maddbeefer - NECO
66) SVTLAY - CEG
67) BCkat - NECO
68) RodneyBur - NECO
69) FrostCougar - NECO
70) fordrule - NECO
72) VanCityKitty - NECO
73) GForceAuto - NECO
75) A-TownSVT - CEG
76) Spade - NECO
77) ov3n - NECO (questionable)
78)
79)
80)
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/04/05 11:13 PM
BUMP

Spring is coming
Any news?
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/04/05 11:15 PM
yeah, spring IS coming!
i need my aussie bar in time for the beach
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/05/05 03:48 AM
yeah, spring IS coming!
i need my aussie bar in time for the beach

No beach but I still want one
Posted By: MaxwellChurch Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/05/05 11:51 AM
Last Friday I recieved calls from both of the shops interested in doing this for the CEG boardmembers. They are working on getting quotes for the material specified by Stazi. As soon as I have the quotes I'll notify the board about price and availablity.

Rest assured ATI has not forgotten you.
Posted By: GetBooby151?© Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/05/05 12:23 PM
Last Friday I recieved calls from both of the shops interested in doing this for the CEG boardmembers. They are working on getting quotes for the material specified by Stazi. As soon as I have the quotes I'll notify the board about price and availablity.

This is some more good news!
Posted By: R_G Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/05/05 12:43 PM
Originally posted by GetLucky151:

This is some more good news!

Posted By: Harrry Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/05/05 04:56 PM

Thanks for the update.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/05/05 05:28 PM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
46) LancasterSVT - CEG
47) Res - NECO
48) JaxCougar - NECO
49) Bridge - CEG
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54) Viss1 - CEG
55) tnkgurl - NECO
56) 2 guard - CEG
57) COUGAR99 - CEG
58) johnny hennessy - CEG
59) 99Elimin8r - NECO
60) KingpinSVT - CEG (questionable)
61) greenlacougar - NECO
62) SHOgoFast - CEG
63) akronstreetracer - NECO
64) maddbeefer - NECO
65) SVTLAY - CEG
66) BCkat - NECO
67) RodneyBur - NECO
68) FrostCougar - NECO
69) fordrule - NECO
70) 99svtContourMan - CEG
71) VanCityKitty - NECO
72) GForceAuto - NECO
73) 98_HO_Contour - CEG (questionable)
74) A-TownSVT - CEG
75) Spade - NECO
76) ov3n - NECO (questionable)
77)
78)
79)
80)
Posted By: ButtonPuncher_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/06/05 03:58 AM
WOW, there's over $10k worth of business here! I'm surprised that we don't have more manufacturers fighting over this. I wonder if we will break 100?

BP
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/06/05 04:29 AM
thats IF everyone buys one that said they would. highly unlikely
Posted By: GetBooby151?© Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/06/05 11:35 AM

I know Im one of the ones who's gonna buy.
Posted By: tropictour Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/06/05 12:31 PM

-tropictour
Posted By: R_G Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/06/05 12:31 PM
Originally posted by tropictour:

-tropictour

Posted By: zgendron_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/06/05 01:02 PM

Assuming they can hit the estimated price (within reason)
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/06/05 08:42 PM
Auto X this month, and I am missing an Aussie !

I just want to say thanks for all the people that are putting in the hard work to get this group buy going and getting the part made. Its people like you that make CEG such a cool website. -B.
Posted By: Frosty Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/06/05 10:53 PM

Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/07/05 05:34 AM

Posted By: ChiliSVT Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/08/05 03:25 AM
I haven't read the whole thread. Came in on page 22. What is the current situation? When do I pay, and who?

Posted By: GetBooby151?© Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/08/05 11:44 AM
Originally posted by VistaSVT:
I haven't read the whole thread. Came in on page 22. What is the current situation? When do I pay, and who?

Current situation is a company, or companies I THINK is loooking into building these bars for us hopefully soon. You pay when there done manufacturing the bars I would believe. And I don't know the company that's looking at building them...but I know a couple are.
Posted By: ButtonPuncher_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/09/05 03:52 AM
Originally posted by VistaSVT:
When do I pay, and who?

Don't forget to tell fastcougar that you want to be on the list.
Posted By: ChiliSVT Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/09/05 05:36 AM
Sounds good to me. HOPEFULLY they'll get something figured out soon. I'm tired of of body roll. hehe
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/12/05 09:45 AM
Bump it ! -B.
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/13/05 03:55 PM
tick tock tick tock tick tock
Posted By: R_G Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/14/05 01:01 AM
Originally posted by 98_HO_Contour:

Posted By: EternalOne Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/14/05 05:39 PM
Well, I installed my upgraded subframe this week, along with a bunch of other parts, and I had to fab up brackets to hold my stock swaybar in place until this one is done and here. Hoping this goes thru, because I'm riding with shot bushings back there, and the swaybar moves around a bit because of the upgraded subframe...

E1
Posted By: R_G Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/17/05 12:33 PM
BUMPIN' IT UP
Posted By: tropictour Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/17/05 12:48 PM
I was wondering IF ATI does go through and produces them for us will the option of an Aussie Bar/Upgraded Subframe/Endlinks package be available? Because if you get bar you will obviously need to upgrade the subframe mounts and why not offer a package deal. Just a thought.
-tropictour
Posted By: ChiliSVT Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/18/05 03:29 AM
Man... I'm not usually an impatient person, but my this buy is burning a whole in my paypal account!!!

Posted By: EternalOne Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/18/05 08:14 PM
Heh, you? I am stuck with a squeeking/thumping rear end until this comes in. :P That baby stock swaybar is just bouncing around up there... Heh...

E1
Posted By: MaxwellChurch Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/20/05 07:18 PM
I have contacted another manufacturer regarding this bar, since the other two shops have been slow in responding.

I will keep you folks updated as I have new information.
Posted By: Frosty Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/20/05 10:18 PM
Thanks for the update!
Posted By: R_G Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/20/05 11:24 PM
Thanks for the update!

Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/21/05 02:19 AM

Posted By: 2 guard Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/22/05 01:23 AM
Heh, you? I am stuck with a squeeking/thumping rear end until this comes in. :P That baby stock swaybar is just bouncing around up there... Heh...

E1

ditto..................
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/27/05 07:13 AM
Please, some kind of update ! -B.
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/27/05 02:07 PM

Spring Zing is getting closer and no bar yet?
Posted By: morbid Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 04/27/05 04:32 PM
I think I've saved up for this GB... then spent the money about 3-4 times now.

Stazi.... any chance of getting the upgraded endlinks out of the way? Then I/we won't need to retain as much money for the gb. They'd work fine with a factory or other aftermarket bar, right? thanks!
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/03/05 05:19 AM
I have contacted another manufacturer regarding this bar, since the other two shops have been slow in responding.

I will keep you folks updated as I have new information.

Any info yet?
Posted By: MaxwellChurch Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/03/05 01:56 PM
I have found a manufacturer who is willing to take this on, but I have to provide the material. So I am now working on sourcing the steel. 24mm Hollow Bar is not common in the US so I will have to have this made special for your needs, that's going to affect the price.

I'll keep you posted.
Posted By: R_G Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/03/05 08:57 PM
Good news!!!
Posted By: 04marauder Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/03/05 08:59 PM
I know I will regret this later. Actually I already regret it. But I must back out of this GB. The money for this has come and gone about 4x and its not coming again any time soon. Besides its taking too long and I must admit I have run out of patience. Please remove my name from the list.
Posted By: ButtonPuncher_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/03/05 10:32 PM
Don't bail now people!!! The end is in sight!
Posted By: R_G Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/04/05 01:02 AM
Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:

Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/04/05 01:50 AM
Well, if the end isn't in sight soon enough, I'm gonna have to bail as well and get a 21mm from BAT
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/04/05 03:19 AM
Well, if the end isn't in sight soon enough, I'm gonna have to bail as well and get a 21mm from BAT

I have a 21mm bar...and Ummmm I wish I could get in on this GB...

I NEED MORE!
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/04/05 03:23 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziF?³sh?³:

I have a 21mm bar...and Ummmm I wish I could get in on this GB...

I NEED MORE!

hhmmmm....i see some sort of connection...
Posted By: Frosty Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/04/05 03:31 AM
Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:

I don't plan on bailing out, but it just depends on how much the price increase is gonna be....I have the money in my savings already waiting for this to be finalized, but i hope the increase isn't too much...
Posted By: GetBooby151?© Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/04/05 02:06 PM
I'm still hangin on strong!
Posted By: EternalOne Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/04/05 05:12 PM
Unfortunately there are a number of people who will be dropping if this takes much longer. Had I known from the start this was going to take this long, I never would have signed up and would have installed something else...

The thing is, we're not even in production with these yet. If you figure at least 2-3wks in production (that is if there's no screwups), and then at least a week in shipping them all out (that's a lot to do in 1 week) -- then we're still at least a month away. I have my car on a tight schedule for the next 6 months, and everything is key on keeping this schedule so I can make CF05 and get the car dropped off to Rick while I move back to TX.

I'm still in...for now. Just FYI that once summer "hits" and we're still a month away from receiving the item, you'll be losing people left and right on this buy, simply because the "bug" will be gone, and people will be wanting to enjoy their cars before they go back into storage.

E1
Posted By: morbid Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/04/05 07:11 PM
[rant]
bug? I'd hope most of the people in this gb are in because they want a superior bar. If not, then they would have bought the inferior (but still good) bat bar. I don't see any logical reason why someone would drop, unless they're ok with a slightly better than average bar... but then, what made them interested in joining this gb?

I have been scanning the classifieds for an aussie bar... for more than a YEAR! Waiting a few months for a brand new bar is no big deal, especially since it was stated many times that this might take a long time.

If this gb happens to be completed in winter... then the people that store their cars will have a nice present for their contours when the snow melts.

I too was hoping for this gb to be completed already... solo2 summer season starts next month. But it's not like someone can just pinch this off using their bench tube bender. I'm sure Stazi and Maxwell will come through for us... again.[/rant]

[edit] now that i've had a smoke and calmed down..... this was not intended as a jab towards any individual person. I'm just bugged in general when people back out of gb's... especially one that's a big as this.[/edit]
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/04/05 07:43 PM
youve gone this long without it, why would you buy an inferior product just because its going to be a little while longer?
Posted By: 04marauder Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/04/05 10:34 PM
Although I did cite impatience as a factor for dropping out of this,
I should stress that for me it really has more to do with a lack of resources.
Those that are organizing this gb have done an excellent job and I know we all appreciate the effort.
Again, I regret to say that I'm out of this but my 'car money' is all spent up right now.
I would hope people can understand that too.
|
|
|
|
|
V
Posted By: tropictour Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/05/05 01:12 AM
I still got the "bug" and will have it till I have the Aussie Bar in my hands. Keep this alive. Dont give up.
-tropictour
Posted By: Rance Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/05/05 02:31 PM
same here tropictour!
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/11/05 07:41 PM
update ? When the group buy gets to the bottom of the group buy list forum, time for a bump. -B.
Posted By: R_G Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/11/05 09:22 PM
Bumpity bump
Posted By: tropictour Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/12/05 01:39 AM
Originally posted by BlackwidowSVTT:
update ? When the group buy gets to the bottom of the group buy list forum, time for a bump. -B.

Definitely. Oh yeah and here comes summer.
-tropictour
Posted By: juices Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/14/05 08:49 AM
i might be interested

i live in montreal so 155$ us with shipping included?

Do you think i would have to get rid of my sub box (its pretty small)
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/14/05 10:04 AM
Originally posted by juices:
i might be interested

i live in montreal so 155$ us with shipping included?

Do you think i would have to get rid of my sub box (its pretty small)

you, uh, dont keep your subs under the car do ya?

fyi, its a sway bar not a strut bar.
Posted By: juices Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/14/05 07:41 PM
Oh! I had em mixed up

Is it a DIY kind of mod?

Posted By: svt4stv Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/14/05 08:49 PM
Originally posted by juices:
Oh! I had em mixed up

Is it a DIY kind of mod?

its fairly easy to install. although you should buy the reinforced subframe or have your sway bar mounts reinforced. apparently, thew will break off with a larger bar and even the stock one.
Posted By: Daves95Contour Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/16/05 10:32 PM
So i guess that i can not get my hands on a aussie bar? I want to beef up the rear suspension and everyone has been saying on this thread that bat's bar is inferior to the ausssie bar.........
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/17/05 03:06 AM
I'm sure you can, there hasn't been any news yet when the bar will be made or released yet soo.....
Posted By: tropictour Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/17/05 05:12 AM
Originally posted by Daves95Contour:
So i guess that i can not get my hands on a aussie bar? I want to beef up the rear suspension and everyone has been saying on this thread that bat's bar is inferior to the ausssie bar.........

Id hold out to see what happens with this GB.
-tropictour
Posted By: MaxwellChurch Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/17/05 12:05 PM
Thank you for being patient. I am working on the last two steps, heat treatment and powder coat. After I have these quotes I can post the price and we can begin to get the bars built. I am also talking to yet another potential manufacturer for the bar, they look like they might do all the steps from material procurement to delivery of the final bar. That will help lower the cost, right now the only manufacturer who has responded will only bend the bar leaving ATI to source the remaining steps, including housing the raw materials, this is driving the potential cost up. I am looking at trying to keep this product in an "available" price range, that sometimes adds time.

ATI is interested in delivering this product to market, as soon as I have all the details I'll let you folks know.

Posted By: tropictour Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/17/05 02:40 PM
Sweet thanks for the update. I think myself and everyone else will find that it was worth the wait.
-tropictour
Posted By: R_G Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/17/05 09:30 PM
Originally posted by tropictour:
Sweet thanks for the update. I think myself and everyone else will find that it was worth the wait.

Posted By: YOUNEEQSVT_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/23/05 07:04 PM
Add me. I'll pay up to $200. Thx!

-Bill
Posted By: 04marauder Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/23/05 08:58 PM
Originally posted by YOUNEEQSVT:
Add me. I'll pay up to $200. Thx!

-Bill

If anyone wants an ATI Subframe from the last gb let me know (pm), its still in the box.
Posted By: MaxwellChurch Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/27/05 01:00 PM
Well I have all the quotes together and we can now publish a price for the 24mm hollow anti-sway bar. Unfortunately I believe that the cost of materials, fabrication and shipping will put this bar significantly higher than the market will bear. With the investments required ATI would have to retail this product at $255.00. The largest issue is the price of material, this is not a common US stocked item and so I would have to have it made and there is a minium lot fee for the material. Of course the group buy would result in a discounted price, but even that would be close to $190-200. ATI would need to sell about 200 bars at $190 to cover the cost without any proffit.

I took this on knowing that the group was looking to spend about $150 for the bar, so I understand if the group chooses to look elsewhere for the bar or to terminate the buy.

Please let me know how you would like me to proceed.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/27/05 03:13 PM
I took this on knowing that the group was looking to spend about $150 for the bar, so I understand if the group chooses to look elsewhere for the bar or to terminate the buy.

Please let me know how you would like me to proceed.

If the price includes hardware to mount the 24mm bar onto an ATI subframe, I think it's worth $200 pretty easy. Is the bracket sized for the 24mm bar included???
Posted By: Aspire Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/27/05 03:55 PM
I'm still in
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/27/05 03:56 PM
unfortunately i think that is over the price cap for most of CEG. the BAT bar is going to be a popular upgrade soon.

i would really be surprised if there was still a large amount of interest in this.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/27/05 04:14 PM
i'd still be in for up to 220 if all the said parts are included
Posted By: EternalOne Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/27/05 04:30 PM
I'm still in for now, depending on final timeframe.

I've already got a BAT bar on the way, as this took a little longer than I had expected, and I needed to get something back there right away.

E1
Posted By: Frosty Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/27/05 04:45 PM
I think 225 is a lil more than i can afford, but if that's all hardware included, i'd consider it. Otherwise, i think it's a BAT bar for me
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/27/05 04:48 PM
I'm still in

Cali representin playa!

uh...im in still in too
Posted By: MaxwellChurch Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/27/05 04:49 PM
Final Time Frame....

The bars will begin to be available 90 days after recipt of orders. It will take the mill 60 days just to get the material to the fabrication shop. With travel time from the fabrication shop to the heat treaters and then to the coating facility 90 days will be optimistic. But I could start to see bars about that time frame.

I will look into hardware. That should not be as tough to obtain as the steel. If the interest is still there I'll see if I can include the hardware, but at a minimum that would push the price from $190 to about $200 at the group buy level, probably not affecting the retail cost of $255.
Posted By: Harrry Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/27/05 04:58 PM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
13) Mkingracing - CEG *** I am out ***
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
46) LancasterSVT - CEG
47) Res - NECO
48) JaxCougar - NECO
49) Bridge - CEG
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54) Viss1 - CEG
55) tnkgurl - NECO
56) 2 guard - CEG
57) COUGAR99 - CEG
59) 99Elimin8r - NECO
61) greenlacougar - NECO
62) SHOgoFast - CEG
64) maddbeefer - NECO
65) SVTLAY - CEG
66) BCkat - NECO
67) RodneyBur - NECO
68) FrostCougar - NECO
69) fordrule - NECO
71) VanCityKitty - NECO
72) GForceAuto - NECO
73) 98_HO_Contour - CEG (questionable)
74) A-TownSVT - CEG
75) Spade - NECO
77)
78)
79)
80)
Posted By: MaxwellChurch Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/27/05 05:50 PM
Of course with the steel tube being the largest hold up and the fab shop requiring special dies to bend a 24mm bar, one alternative would be to use a standard/common tube stock of 15/16. I will contact both the steel supplier and the fab shop to provide quotes for the revised material if you folks are interested? I'll pass this along to Stazi and see if he has any objections, it was his specification for 24mm bar and I do not want to overstep his design with out discussing it with him first.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/27/05 08:03 PM
15/16" hollow tube will work just fine.
Posted By: morbid Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/27/05 08:57 PM
eh.... what's that mean? is that the quality (hardness) of the steel?

I was expecting the price to end up around there though.... i'm still in.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/27/05 09:18 PM

This will affect the cost in a very positive way, yes?

Will it get us close to the original $150 target?
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/27/05 10:07 PM

Which is 23.81 mm's?
Posted By: Stazi Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/27/05 11:09 PM
Yes, it's more common in size in the US so it will be a much cheaper alternative. The 0.19mm difference won't affect the torsional stiffness any perceivable amount.
Posted By: tropictour Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/28/05 12:44 AM
Im still in. If thats the slightest difference I dont think many would notice. Also if its cheaper more people would still be in. If you can get the GB price for the bar+mounting hardware aroung $200 I dont think thats too bad of a deal. You never know when these will be available again.
-tropictour
Posted By: R_G Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/28/05 01:16 AM
Still in no matter what. Ready to PayPal whenever Max OK's it.
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/28/05 02:38 AM
MaxwellChurch, Once again thank you for your efforts. I am in to about $175, after that, that would be to steep for me. I am really hoping this could be done before the flakes begin to fly again here in Colorado and the SVT goes into Hibernation. -B.
Posted By: Frosty Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 05/28/05 04:53 AM
Yeah, if you could get the price around $175-$200 I would still be in
Posted By: 99SEinLivonia Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/02/05 03:36 AM
If it is still possible to join this GB, I'd be in to ~$250. Just let me know the final details.
Posted By: Christian_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/02/05 04:11 AM
I'm hoping that I can still be in this group buy, but my Mystique was totalled the other week.

With luck I'll be getting enough insurance money back to buy an SVT though
Only $1500 CDN short, and I talk to the appraiser soon to see if we can up it for the mods!

Obviously if it goes through, I'm in.
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/02/05 07:07 AM
Any updates on the new 15/16 stock?
Posted By: GetBooby151?© Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/02/05 11:52 AM
Any updates on the new 15/16 stock?

Posted By: WildChild Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/05/05 04:10 AM
I'm still in

Cali representin playa!

uh...im in still in too

I'm still in too

Will we be paying a deposite to start with, and paying off the our balance once manufacturing is completed, or will I have to get together money for a one time payment?

Just asking, I would like to split the payment up if I can but if I can't I'll pay everything at once.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/08/05 06:46 AM
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/08/05 06:50 AM
<---Sings the Jeopordy song to himself while waiting for this swaybar
Posted By: Frosty Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/08/05 04:15 PM
<---Sings the Jeopordy song to himself while waiting for this swaybar

Lol...me too
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/08/05 04:17 PM
my bet is you'll get rid of your car before you or me get this bar....i shoulda bought chknhwks bat bar at carlisle
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/08/05 04:17 PM
Well guys, I'm out...

I can't wait any longer, plus i just purchased a new in box first generation aussie bar for about half of this. You still should have the min number to do it!
Posted By: GetBooby151?© Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/08/05 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Digital Slacker:
Well guys, I'm out...

I can't wait any longer, plus i just purchased a new in box first generation aussie bar for about half of this. You still should have the min number to do it!

Honestly, if this doesn't happen within a month or so, I'm gonna have to drop out too, and just get the 21mm BAT bar. It has nothing to do with the bar itself, the Aussie bar is great, its just the waiting process to get it built, and shipped, and I cant keep savin up money and worryin if Ill have it when the time comes.
Posted By: EternalOne Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/09/05 05:13 PM
I have a BAT bar on the way to me right now. When it gets here we'll be bending a larger diameter piping to build my own bigger bar. (The benefits of having access to an engineer, CNC, fab shop, and powdercoating all under one roof.)

So I'm out.

E1
Posted By: Res Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/09/05 07:55 PM
I have a BAT bar on the way to me right now. When it gets here we'll be bending a larger diameter piping to build my own bigger bar. (The benefits of having access to an engineer, CNC, fab shop, and powdercoating all under one roof.)

So I'm out.

E1

lol, how about a group buy
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/15/05 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Res:

So I'm out.

E1

lol, how about a group buy

No [censored]! ... where have you been during all these updates about the delays?
Posted By: EternalOne Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/15/05 08:15 PM
Quote:

where have you been during all these updates about the delays?

I've been off producing solid motor mounts, tranny mounts, and roll resistors in time for CF05. Not to mention all of the little one-off pieces we've done for my car.

Since we're almost done with everything else, I'm going to go ahead and do my own swaybar as well. My plan was not to duplicate any effort. I've worked closely with StangKiller to make sure him and I don't create the same parts, and I didn't do a swaybar because this was going on. Now that I see this is taking FAR too long, I'm doing my own thing.

If I get my swaybar completed in time, and nothing has happened here, then I might be able to talk them into a mass-production run. I'll discuss it with them tonite.

E1
Posted By: SvtEdwardo420 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/16/05 03:33 PM
yea please do that would help us all out greatly....
Posted By: R_G Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/20/05 03:07 PM
yea please do that would help us all out greatly....

Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/21/05 04:05 AM
Is this bar even getting anywhere? I haven't heard any updates about the new stock, the old stock, or if any company is even still interested? Are there any updates out there?
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/21/05 01:08 PM
If anyone has a 21mm BAT bar and would like to unload it to get in on this, let me know.

Also, what is the status of the GB? I have auto-cross events here, people!
Posted By: EternalOne Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/21/05 04:38 PM
I have all of the materials sourced already, and everything else will be done in-house. Pat (the engineer who I'm working with on this) has recommended a heat-treating, as well, and that can also be done in-house, along with all of the bending, closing and welding the ends (to prevent internal rot), and powdercoating. The only thing I have lef to find is bushings, but that shouldn't be much of a problem. Right now I'm only making 2 bars, one for my car, and one for someone else (Rick has expressed interest in testing all of my new products, so it most likely will go to him to test along with the motor/tranny mounts, etc.)

I'll keep everyone updated, in case ATI cannot come thru. The shop has said it'd take no more than a week in production to complete 100 bars.

E1
Posted By: Aspire Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/21/05 04:47 PM
I will put my order in right now if you can get those bars done
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/21/05 05:26 PM
Check the ATI subframe GB thread, people: looks like ATI didn't realize we had the tubing supply issues worked out already. It seems they just figured out to use 15/16" tubing, and don't have prices yet. At least this is progress!
Posted By: Harrry Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/21/05 06:00 PM
I have all of the materials sourced already, and everything else will be done in-house. Pat (the engineer who I'm working with on this) has recommended a heat-treating, as well, and that can also be done in-house, along with all of the bending, closing and welding the ends (to prevent internal rot), and powdercoating. The only thing I have lef to find is bushings, but that shouldn't be much of a problem. Right now I'm only making 2 bars, one for my car, and one for someone else (Rick has expressed interest in testing all of my new products, so it most likely will go to him to test along with the motor/tranny mounts, etc.)

I'll keep everyone updated, in case ATI cannot come thru. The shop has said it'd take no more than a week in production to complete 100 bars.

E1

YOu should start your own gb thread on this.
Posted By: EternalOne Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/21/05 08:00 PM
I'm not doing a GB for it. As I said, if ATI can pull it off, I will not produce the parts in bulk -- I will only do my own personal one. If ATI falls thru, then there is a backup plan. I do not step on anyones toes, as I said before, which is why I didn't plan this part 3 months ago.

I also do not do group-buys, I offer good deals from the start, for anyone who wants a part. This is how every batch of parts I've produced have been for the past 6 years. We'll produce a batch and hold onto them in the warehouse until they all sell.

E1
Posted By: EuroTour Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/22/05 12:29 AM
We'll produce a batch and hold onto them in the warehouse until they all sell.

E1

Now THAT my friends is how business is supposed to be done. None of this we'll use your money to R and D and then we'll maybe make you something. Good work!
Posted By: NVSVT Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/22/05 12:50 AM
I also do not do group-buys, I offer good deals from the start, for anyone who wants a part. This is how every batch of parts I've produced have been for the past 6 years. We'll produce a batch and hold onto them in the warehouse until they all sell.

E1

"If you build it they will come".
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/22/05 01:11 AM
I don't care who makes it, I want one. Put me on the interested list. If it doesn't happen damn soon, I'm springing for the 21mm BAT or the Addco 7/8". I'm not going to get any faster if I race on my stocker all summer waiting.

That was a little pissy-sounding. No offence was meant, I'm just stating the facts.
Posted By: Dennis Grant Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/22/05 02:11 PM
We're still interested and still working on the job. Max has been kept really busy lately on a wide variety of projects and only has so many clock cycles to spare. That's why I'm stepping in here - I'm giving Max a hand.

We did some homework to see *exactly* what material and *exactly* what heat-treat and *exactly* what diameter to use. The difference between the two ODs on metric or inch tubing is not something that can be just handwaved away, as the stiffness of the bar is a function of a power of the OD - so stiffness is *very* sensitive to OD. We had to determine just how much difference there was between the metric and standard steels in terms of bar stiffness to make sure that using standard steel didn't compromise the product.

We are focussing on quality here. We don't want to go through all this trouble and make a substandard bar. We're also effectively doing R&D here on the potential for making bars for other makes and models of vehicle - if this goes well, we may well expand the product line to other vehicles, or offer multiple ODs in your fitment to allow more fine tuning of the car.

Max intends on getting the revised quote (for the inch steel) from the supplier this week, but he has other jobs competing for his attention. I *do* know that he really wants to pull this job off; you guys have been good to work with.

What would really help us is a count of the number of people who are *serious* about getting this bar. I understand that it's tough to commit when we don't have the price finalized, so I'm not looking for a binding commitment at this point. But there is a big difference between 10 serious people, 100 serious people, and 1000 serious people.

In particular, if the only way we can offer a reasonable price is to make quantities of 200 bars (the case with the metric steel; we expect the situation to be much improved with the standard steel) then the size of the market will determine if we do the job or not. If there's 200 firm buyers, we'd do it for sure. At 10, almost certainly not.

Have you got an idea of how many people we're talking about at this stage?

DG
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/22/05 02:27 PM
50 firm buyers, looking at the latest lists. I'd imagine if it's $150 or less shipped all 75+ are in. If you want to keep people interested, give realistic timeframes and keep us updated! Thanks for all the time you guys are putting into this, I'd love to be able to get one.
Posted By: R_G Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/22/05 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Ninety Five:
Thanks for all the time you guys are putting into this, I'd love to be able to get one.

Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 06/23/05 05:11 AM
Updated List:

1) goalcoach - CEG
2) FastCougar - NECO
3) lbizboy - NECO
4) Pyro81 - NECO
5) qkilobyteq - NECO
6) EternalOne - NECO
7) vodfan - NECO
8) mont - NECO
9) predator - NECO
10) aircougar - NECO
11) getlucky151 - CEG
12) WildChild - CEG
13) Mkingracing - CEG *** I am out ***
14) Russell-3L - CEG
15) SvtEdwardo420 - CEG
16) Aspire - CEG
17) Titan - CEG
18) BSOELMAN - CEG
19) R_G - CEG
21) zakatak - CEG
22) morbid - CEG
23) Rance - CEG
24) tropictour - CEG
25) tour96se - CEG
26) zgendron - CEG
27) NVSVT (SVT) - CEG
28) NVSVT (SE) - CEG
29) DaddyPhatSacks - CEG
30) owen_SVT - CEG
32) 04marauder - CEG
33) jaged - NECO
34) svt4svt - CEG
35) Blackwidowsvtt - CEG
36) bensenvill - NECO
37) Kokopellian - CEG
38) svttour - CEG
39) bigMoneyRacing - CEG
43) topjoe - NECO
44) Bennett9000 - NECO
46) LancasterSVT - CEG
47) Res - NECO
48) JaxCougar - NECO
49) Bridge - CEG
50) ButtonPuncher - CEG
53) Jorgen - NECO
54) Viss1 - CEG
55) tnkgurl - NECO
56) 2 guard - CEG
57) COUGAR99 - CEG
59) 99Elimin8r - NECO
61) greenlacougar - NECO
62) SHOgoFast - CEG
64) maddbeefer - NECO
65) SVTLAY - CEG
66) BCkat - NECO
67) RodneyBur - NECO
68) FrostCougar - NECO
69) fordrule - NECO
71) VanCityKitty - NECO
72) GForceAuto - NECO
73) 98_HO_Contour - CEG
74) A-TownSVT - CEG
75) Spade - NECO
77)
78)
79)
80)

Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 07/06/05 04:37 AM
Is this thing going anywhere?
Posted By: LBizBoy Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 07/11/05 12:41 AM
Yeah I need to finish my Suspension mods this year, is their any updates?
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 07/11/05 01:01 AM
Originally posted by LBizBoy:
Yeah I need to finish my Suspension mods this year, is their any updates?

Check the other thread for another GB, and Suspension for some good (I think) info
Posted By: DuratecLonewolf Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 07/14/05 04:11 AM
Is this group buy still in the works? Add me on and can we get a update.
Thanks,
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 07/17/05 04:55 AM
BUMP

Any updates? Any chance of seeing this bar before the end of August?
Posted By: GetBooby151?© Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 07/17/05 05:13 AM
BUMP

Any updates? Any chance of seeing this bar before the end of August?

Highly doubt it.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 07/17/05 10:34 PM
This GB officially blows. Everyone can jump ship over to my Addco buy to make that happen: The Aussie bar is 2.966 times stiffer than stock, this is 2.926. I highly doubt you can tell the difference. And you can acutally get it. Sorry to mess up a GB on Aussies, but I really don't see it happening. Bars start shipping when we have 50 ppl, and someone to help talk to Addco about the deal. $100 with bushings, plus ship; can't beat that!
Posted By: NVSVT Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 07/18/05 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
This GB officially blows.

This group buy may â??blowâ?, but that is because â??fastcougarâ? didnâ??t get a supplier/manufacturer on board before he offered the group buy. And once â??fastcougarâ? admitted that he didnâ??t have a supplier/manufacturer on board everyone should have expected this group buy to take forever!

Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
Bars start shipping when we have 50 people and someone to help talk to Addco about the deal. $100 with bushings, plus ship; can't beat that!

If you havenâ??t even gotten â??someone to help talk to Addcoâ?, how can you promise this â??unbeatableâ? deal? By offering a group buy before you have the supplier/manufacturer on board it looks you are heading down the same road that â??fastcougarâ? went down.

I know I may sound harsh, but I think this is a legitimate question that should be answered before you pull everyone away from this group buy to fill yours.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 07/18/05 07:05 PM
I have talked to Addco, and secured the deal. I'd just appreciate someone taking over the discussions. They already make the bar, so making a batch of 50 is no big deal, and they said they can remain profitable at $100/bar. The main thing that need to be figured out is shipping/payment. If I had the facilites, I'd gladly buy 50 and have them delivered to me, and ship them out. However, I'd like to get Addco to drop-ship all 50 to each individual. Payment will probably be 50 checks/money orders sent to me or some other individual made out to Addco, then sent in one envelope. But this is just how I'd like to work it, all Addco said is that they can get me 50 bars with bushings for $100 each plus shipping.
Posted By: morbid Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 07/20/05 07:26 PM
Maxwell from ATI was supposed to have a status update yesterday morning. He didn't say... but I hope it's good news.
Posted By: weargle Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 07/21/05 01:24 PM

What will this do for your Cougar/Contour?: It will all but completely eliminate rear body roll, keeping the rear end planted in corners, thus reducing understeer nearly completely.

Just like this?

Posted By: svt4stv Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 07/21/05 02:39 PM
I love that picture!
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 07/21/05 04:47 PM
I think he meant:

What will this do for your Cougar/Contour?: It will all but completely eliminate rear body roll, keeping the front end planted in corners, thus reducing understeer nearly completely.

Posted By: svt4stv Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 07/21/05 04:58 PM
im not too informed on suspension issues and what not but i had subframe connectors installed on my car and i dont think tripoding is even possible anymore. when i jack my car up at the front jack point, the entire side lifts up together.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 07/21/05 05:15 PM
Tripoding is even more likely now.The body won't flex and let the wheel stay down. Now tripoding will never occur on a well designed racecar, but soem cars do quite well with too much rear roll stiffness: Sentra Spec Vs come to mind. They have a solid rear axle.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 07/21/05 11:01 PM
so should i not upgrade my sway bar now?? i havent been able to find too much info on the subframe connectors in here cuz hardly anybody has them.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 07/21/05 11:43 PM
No, the upgrade is fine. You can't hurt anything.
Posted By: MaxwellChurch Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 07/27/05 06:30 PM
Ok folks here is the update from ATI, sorry for the delay but sometimes the best intentions can't get decisions made or product out the door.

The short answer is this, it is just not feasible for ATI to produce a 15/16 or 24mm, heat treated, powder coated anti sway bar and keep it both profitable and affordable.

The company I was in discussions with to manufacture the bar was ADDCO so if you are interested the Group Buy with Auto-X Fil it should be the same quality we could deliver. They quoted me to bend the bar at approximately $54/bar. But that was a raw bent bar, not heat treated or powder coated. This was not the big cost factor though it was always the material and shipping around the country. ADDCO was not interested in coating the bar or heat treating it, so that meant we needed to source those processes somewhere else and that added shipping costs to the total, and they add up quick. ATI was also on the line to purchase a large amount of material, far above the amount neede to make a run of 150 to 200 bars.

ADDCO said that their processes do not require a heat treat to keep bar strenght, but the engineers here were adamant that this step was nessesary for long product life.

Powder coating is a very affordable process, but shipping to and from the supplier just added to the bottom line. If you get the bar from ADDCO it should come coated. But again since they would not heat treat the bars I had to source this process closer to home.

Since the bar specifications did not include 1" material I never quoted that as an option. 15/16" material was not significantly cheeper than the 24mm material.

Rick and I are disappointed that we could not fulfill this need, we were really hoping to come through for you folks again like we did on the Subframes.

Posted By: svt4stv Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 07/27/05 06:39 PM
thanks for the effort Mr. Church
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 07/27/05 07:05 PM

Indeed. I was not in for a bar, but I do appreciate the time & effort you put forth.

There has got to be a shop that can bend & treat in house - even a small shop.
Posted By: morbid Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 07/27/05 08:54 PM
What ever happened to Stazi's old company? I thought they didn't say they couldn't do it... just that they couldn't do it soon because of other work.
Posted By: R_G Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 07/28/05 11:30 PM

Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 08/24/05 04:16 PM
BUMP!!

Updates?
Posted By: bigMoneyRacing_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 08/24/05 04:19 PM
You haven't heard? They're already made, sold, and shipped. Got mine on last week; works great.
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Aussie Bar Group Buy !!! - 08/24/05 04:22 PM
Crap, I missed that post from Maxwell....
© CEG Archives