Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: willjr 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/03/05 12:24 AM
i have someone that will make fully clear taillights for a 95-97 contour. i have the extra set of tails they will be using for a mold. these will be all clear and youll have to use red bulbs in them or leds. that will be your choice. leds will be brighter than the standard red bulbs. i need atleast 4 people to get this done. i have seen some of the lenses she has made and they are excellent replicas. with 5 people including myself the lights will run 100 dollars a pair shipped. please let me know on here or email me at willjr_22@msn.com if you are interested. the deadline for these is 2-30-05. thanks!

Will
You are going to need some pictures or something of a product... You also have 1 post... I don't know how many people would be willing to shell out money without seeing the finished product. There have been too many group buy problems in the past.
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/03/05 12:45 AM
Originally posted by LancasterSVT:
You are going to need some pictures or something of a product... You also have 1 post... I don't know how many people would be willing to shell out money without seeing the finished product. There have been too many group buy problems in the past.

And even at that, it has been known that GB participants get ripped off by even veteran ceg'ers ans whatnot, until a finished product is seen it is doubtful anyone will dive in.

~Alex
Posted By: willjr Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/03/05 01:00 AM
Originally posted by SVT Driver627:

And even at that, it has been known that GB participants get ripped off by even veteran ceg'ers ans whatnot, until a finished product is seen it is doubtful anyone will dive in.

~Alex

i understand all that. she will however make one set for me if i ship her the lights and give her 180 dollars instead of the 100. but obviously im not going to pay 180 instead of 100 and use my lights for the mold just to sell the rest to everyone else for 100 shipped a set. everyone will have to pay the 180 just like i had to. i have had some interest in these. here is a link to her original post on another site that i use many times a day. http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=151843&hl=

those are the only pics of her work and she does an excellent job. she has also made alot of different lenses for people on that site. if youre interested thats great and if not that is fine too. i was just trying to get some of these for fellow cegers for a cheap price. i am going to get a set for myself no matter what and will post pics once i have them but i can not guarantee the 100 dollar shipped price that i can now. i know you cant find these anywhere else and it would be nice to have someone that will make these for the tour lovers. and just because i only have 2 posts doesnt mean im a newbie. i see that i have been on this site longer than you have. i have parted contours out on here and everything but this is the first time using the forums.
Posted By: MLuko Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/03/05 01:05 AM
i've been thinking about this.. if this product is real and looks good, i'll get a set
Posted By: willjr Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/03/05 01:08 AM
like i said. i will be getting it done for myself. the purpose of a group buy is to get the stuff cheaper imo. i will post pics of them on and off the car but the price will be 180 dollars.
I have a feeling more people will be willing to buy them for say 110 from you (you making 10$ or whatever so you can recoup the 80$ from us not putting money up front). I will tell you flat out, nobody will send money to a new person with no rep and no product. Sorry!
Posted By: willjr Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/03/05 01:27 AM
I have a feeling more people will be willing to buy them for say 110 from you (you making 10$ or whatever so you can recoup the 80$ from us not putting money up front). I will tell you flat out, nobody will send money to a new person with no rep and no product. Sorry!

first off, im not new
second, i have parted out 3 full cars on here
and third, i am not going to pay way more for these just to sell them to everyone else dirt cheap and lose money. im not trying to make anything off of anyone, just trying to share this with people. if you all dont want these then that is fine. i gave you a link to check out the quality of these but apparantly you havent looked at it yet. i will be more than happy to be the first one to have actual contour clears rather than making eclipse or cavaliers fit in my car. all i have gotten is negative feedback since i posted this. group buys mean that we all have to chip in to get the product. most group buys dont have a product produced yet until the money has been sent. i dont understand why this would be any different. ill post pics when i get mine and then give her email to you all and you can contact her if you want them made for you but i guarantee they will not be cheap if she has to make one pair at a time. i will be sending the money this week for mine so if anyone is interested just email me.
Originally posted by willjr:

first off, im not new
and third, i am not going to pay way more for these just to sell them to everyone else dirt cheap and lose money. im not trying to make anything off of anyone, just trying to share this with people. if you all dont want these then that is fine. i gave you a link to check out the quality of these but apparantly you havent looked at it yet. i will be more than happy to be the first one to have actual contour clears rather than making eclipse or cavaliers fit in my car. all i have gotten is negative feedback since i posted this. group buys mean that we all have to chip in to get the product. most group buys dont have a product produced yet until the money has been sent. i dont understand why this would be any different. ill post pics when i get mine and then give her email to you all and you can contact her if you want them made for you but i guarantee they will not be cheap if she has to make one pair at a time. i will be sending the money this week for mine so if anyone is interested just email me.

I'm sorry, I guess 4 posts isn't new. Anyways, I am not here to crap on your groupbuy, I am just telling you right now why you won't have interest. Too many people have been screwed over in the past. But don't worry, I won't post here again... Goodluck with the lights!
Posted By: willjr Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/03/05 01:37 AM

first off, im not new

I'm sorry, I guess 4 posts isn't new. Anyways, I am not here to crap on your groupbuy, I am just telling you right now why you won't have interest. Too many people have been screwed over in the past. But don't worry, I won't post here again... Goodluck with the lights!

i may be new to the forums but i have been on this site since 2001 i just didnt sign up for an account until 2003. sorry. i have gotten 9 emails on this but i suppose i dont have any interest in this. i just thought i would post this under gb but i have had it listed under the classifieds. i thought gb would be a better place for it.
Posted By: MLuko Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/03/05 02:38 AM

first off, im not new

i may be new to the forums but i have been on this site since 2001 i just didnt sign up for an account until 2003. sorry. i have gotten 9 emails on this but i suppose i dont have any interest in this. i just thought i would post this under gb but i have had it listed under the classifieds. i thought gb would be a better place for it.

i'm interested.. if i see pics
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/03/05 02:57 AM
actually if you did what lancastertour said you might initially pay $180 but if people like what they see, and they prob would, you would make that back by charging people $110.00, so if say eight people bought them, thats $80, the $80 you had to front to begin with, so you wouldnt be losing anything,and if you dont want to make anything then after 8 lower the price back to $100 for the lucky 9 and up....its the way buisness works!!!!but anyways, im very interested esp if she could make the inside smoked
Posted By: willjr Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/03/05 03:15 AM
Originally posted by tour96se:
actually if you did what lancastertour said you might initially pay $180 but if people like what they see, and they prob would, you would make that back by charging people $110.00, so if say eight people bought them, thats $80, the $80 you had to front to begin with, so you wouldnt be losing anything,and if you dont want to make anything then after 8 lower the price back to $100 for the lucky 9 and up....its the way buisness works!!!!but anyways, im very interested esp if she could make the inside smoked

thats good and all but if i cant get 8 people to do it then im out money. all im looking for is 4 people to go in with me on it and we all get them for 100 a set. i put up a link that shows her work so just check it out. ill want 180 a pair to make sure im not losing if i have to have them made just for me. she said it goes like this
1 set-180 shipped a set
2 sets-160 shipped a set
3 sets-140 shipped a set
4 sets-120 shipped a set
5 sets-100 shipped a set

the only pics are on the link of some she has made for other cars. if all youre looking for is to see the quality, the link provides the proof.
Posted By: MLuko Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/03/05 03:20 AM
smoked tail lights would be cool.. but i cant wait to see pics of just plain clear tail lights
Posted By: DemonOfSteel Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/03/05 05:31 AM
well, like I said in the mail, i'm interested. I say I'd like to be in with you to be in the first 5 people.

just like that, you should not complain about this, because this is a pretty big opportunity, I've seen so many CEG'ers wanting clear tails since so long and now that the chance is here, you don't even take a chance.

and that guy isn't a newbie, I saw him doing selling things in the classifieds, in fact, it's where I first saw the idea of the project for 95-97 clear taillights.

I wasn't sure about thing at first when willjr was working this out using e-mail, but now it appears to be more serious.

now, I'll post the questions I didn't got answer to in the mails:

how will they look like?
will it be for the 2 parts of the taillights or only for 1 part(I'm not talking about both sides here, I'm talking about the brake/flashing light and the reverse light)?
when is the product going to be shipped?
Posted By: amarv12_dup1 Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/03/05 06:11 AM
i will be more than happy to be the first one to have actual contour clears rather than making eclipse or cavaliers fit in my car.

Sorry.

If you buy some Mystique tails, you could make them clear for about $20 (price of silicone, primer, paint and clearcoat)...and Mystique tails can be had for as low as $30 per set.
Posted By: Klearz.com Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/05/05 02:37 AM
Hi guys,
This is Klearz the person making the lenses.

This post is a bit negative but let me tell you a bit about myself and my company.

We are car (and truck) ppl just like you guys. We have an eclipse and a little s-10 that we are fully customizing.

we have been doing casting for years in our other business.
recently while customizing our truck we stumbled onto this.
we wanted clear corners for our headlights. while most ppl just took the amber peice out of the lens, i thought it gave a really ghetto unfinished look.

so we tried to cast the amber peice into a clear one.

we posted results on our regular forum and everyone really liked them. and actually we got bombarded with requests to make all kinds of lens there were never produced in clear.

so from then on we started an 'official' business and we are helping out of fellow car/truck lovers.
we are not here to get rich, but to help frustrated ppl who wnat clear lenses but simply cant find any. and im not gonna lie, are making a few bucks at the same time.

have a look at our website and some example of our work
klearz.com

sonoma clear corner
Posted By: Klearz.com Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/05/05 02:40 AM

SO, on to business.

the main problem with getting a product started is that no one wants to give money upfront for a non existing product, and no manufacturer wants to put money upfront for fear of not selling any lens and loosing money.

so in my case, it falls back on you guys.

the price that were given before are slightly wrong. shipping is not included, only included for the person who submits their stock lens.

and the price of 100$ was for the outer lens only.
i imagine you guys will want the inners and outters to match.

so here are the prices for the 4 peice clear tails.

225$ for 1 person
with 2 ppl 200$ each
with 3 ppl 170 each
with 4 ppl 150 each
with 5+ ppl 140 each

to get the 140$ group buy i need 5 ppl to give me a 40$ down payment. with the downpayment you get the garanty that we will produce an exact replica of the stock lens but clear. if there is deflectors in the stock, so will the duplicate (unless specified).

once we have a product made, we post pictures.
then get the 5 ppl to pay the rest of the money and we ship the lenses. from there others can order.

i have a very similar deal going on with a maxima forum.
i welcome you to read the thread.
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=371739&page=1&pp=30

their product will be ready in a week or 2.
perhaps you want to wait to see results before getting into it on this board.

i will answer any questions you have.

PS. for an extra 10$ we can do these lens in any color, including black for a smoked effect.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/05/05 02:45 AM
alright you said the magic word, smoked, i'm in were/who do i send the 40.00, and i can also send the tailights in, as i have an extra set i'm not using,
Posted By: amarv12_dup1 Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/05/05 06:54 AM
Clearz.com,

Just out of curiosity, how do you deal with lighting for the brake lamps once you have cleared them? Does your company retrofit LEDs?....if not, what do you guys use?

Also what are the lenses made of? Lexan? Optical grade epoxy or something? ....Everything UV protected to prevent yellowing?

And one more thing I was confused on is....once you have made a mold of the lense, do you simply send out the lenses to the customers, or do you accept their whole brake lamps and put the clear lenses onto the housings for them?

At this point, I'm just curious....nothing more.
Posted By: Klearz.com Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/05/05 04:05 PM
good questions.

we make the lens only. so its up to you guys to detach your old lens from the housing and install the new ones. its really pretty simple. simply heat up with a heat gun or put it in the oven for a while. its still a diy project but its the only way i can produce them, and its still affordable for the buyers.

the lens are made of a high quality resin, we pay the extra money to get the uv protected stuff so they are garantied to never yellow.
I'm intrigued, I think I might be in, though I'm not sure I'd keep em on my car, but if it helps out those who really do want some, I'm in.......
Posted By: MLuko Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/05/05 06:22 PM
how should i send the money?

by the way, i'm in!
Posted By: Klearz.com Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/05/05 08:44 PM
i wont be accepting any money until we got 5 confirmation on the forum here. unless you guys want to pay the price for 3 or 4.

so far we have what 3 yes and a maybe?
i do accept paypal and international money order
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/05/05 08:51 PM
I'm a go, for smoked that is. One question though...Does this include the inner part of the tailight on the trunk lid too?
Posted By: Klearz.com Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/05/05 11:30 PM
yup 4 peice
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/06/05 02:38 AM
so we got
1)tour96se(smoked)
2)freeshyne(smoked)
3)99 se
4)plastique syntequi(sp?)
5)will jr.
...anyone else for sure,no maybes here,please
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/06/05 02:40 AM
..........oh and i can send the molds if need be
Posted By: Pre98 Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/06/05 03:31 AM
Gap our knowledge of your production costs. $140 loses a potential buyer in me. 10 or 15+ buyers at $100 a set still wouldnt have me entirely sold.

I'm sorry, I'm down to earth about my car. I'm in no way bashing the idea or the GB, it's all supportive criticism. The idea is totally solid.

btw, I'd go with Smoked..
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/06/05 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Pre98:
Gap our knowledge of your production costs. $140 loses a potential buyer in me. 10 or 15+ buyers at $100 a set still wouldnt have me entirely sold.

I'm sorry, I'm down to earth about my car. I'm in no way bashing the idea or the GB, it's all supportive criticism. The idea is totally solid.

btw, I'd go with Smoked..

sometimes i really think i'm not
Posted By: MLuko Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/06/05 04:05 AM
Originally posted by tour96se:
so we got
1)tour96se(smoked)
2)freeshyne(smoked)
3)99 se
5)will jr.
...anyone else for sure,no maybes here,please

1)tour96se(smoked)
2)freeshyne(smoked)
3)99 se(smoked)
5)will jr.
Posted By: Klearz.com Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/06/05 05:08 AM
well im not going to make them for no profit, since i do make products on a smaller scale, yes its a bit more expensive then a big producer.

all i need is 5 and it seems we have them.
so you guys send the 40$ by paypal to payment@klearz.com

maybe try to figure between yourselves who has the nicest stock lenses to send to me. the less scratches the better for me. also if you can get all the glue off them before sending it would be great.

whenever i get the 5 downpayments and lenses, i can start producing these.

whoever is sending the lenses email me at info@klearz.com and ill get my address out.

PS i do charge an extra 4% on paypal payment to cover those paypal fees. we also welcome international money orders.

let me know if you have any questions
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/06/05 06:53 PM
Chris you gonna send some lenses? I know I can't. So, after the $40 down payment, after you get a set produced, I can see pictures before I pay the rest, correct? I think it would be best to make them clear, then post pics, then smoke them and post pics in order to get a better idea of how each of them looks.
Posted By: Klearz.com Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/06/05 08:19 PM
yup that sounds like a good plan.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/06/05 08:22 PM
yeah i've got a set to send, although i didnt realize that i'll have to cut them apart??? that might take a couple of extra days for me to do, that way they are done correctly, unless i can just send them the whole lense assembly?
Posted By: Klearz.com Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/06/05 11:34 PM
well unless they are very different then most lenses they usualy are just glued to the housing.

so you need to heat it up with a heat gun and very slowly take pry them off....the whole process might take 1-3 hours to do it properly.

some ppl also put them in the oven to losen the glue but it always worries me.

i wont take the whole assembly. lens only.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/06/05 11:37 PM
not ours, they require the good ole' dremel and some cut-off wheels, and i figure 1-3 hours per lense, to get it done right, the heating method has been tried, it only works on aftermarket lenses
Posted By: Klearz.com Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/07/05 12:20 AM
well thats too bad.
just keep in mind that my clear lens will be an exact duplicate of what you provide me.
are those going to glue back on alright?

ill give a discount to whoever sends me their lens for the time that has to be put into it.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/07/05 12:25 AM
well since everyone will have to cut there own it all depends on how well they cut there old ones off, and i'm sure we'll get the ocasional condensation, like the post 98 headlight guys sometimes get
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/07/05 12:29 AM
i am going to aks klearz.com about doing clear front corners for the pre98 people as well.......

.....klearz.com you have a pm
Posted By: Klearz.com Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/07/05 12:49 AM
corners for most vehicule including the pre 98 is

for 1 person it would be 75 total.
for 2 ppl 60$ each
for 3 ppl 50$ each
for 4 ppl 40$ each
for 5 ppl 30$ each
Posted By: DemonOfSteel Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/08/05 04:27 AM
I have a question for Klearz.com. I noticed you're from Canada, since I'm from Canada too, can you tell me prices in $CAN for tails and for corners?
Posted By: Klearz.com Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/08/05 02:21 PM
here are the rates with today's exchange rate.
172 for the taillights.
37$ for the corners.

at the time that you pay if the rate is any higher or lower the price would get ajusted.
Posted By: DemonOfSteel Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/08/05 04:59 PM
so if I understand, you only make the lense, so we need to remove our older lense and get these on. Don't you think it's a little too much for only the lenses? a complete set of taillights is a lot less (about 100$ less) than what you ask for, if it came with a complete assembly, it would have been ok, but I think it's a bit too high only for lenses. Also, the only set of taillights I have is the one that's on my car and I'm affraid to screw it up, especially for the inner part(where the reverse light is). I'm also thinking the same about the corners, but the deal seems more acceptable.

by the way, I don't understand why you're working with a fix US$ price and not a fix CAN$ price. You're in Canada, I don't understand why the cost for someone from the same country as you would adjust dependind on the change rate of $US - $CAN.
Posted By: Klearz.com Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/08/05 06:16 PM
the price is for the 4 peice lenses.

if you dont want the lens dont buy them. its not everyone that has extra much money and/or wants to have a real custom ride.

those who do want a real custom look, and there are some on this forum who do, they will pay the price that it costs.

someone asked me to come here with my product so i did.
there is no clear lens for your contours on the market, so if you want something right now, we are the only solution.

ofcourse stock lens are going to be alot cheaper then anything custom, thats why they are custom. i am a small shop, i dont mass produce these lens.

its too bad for you guys that the lens dont come off the housing like they do for most vehicules. but does that mean i should lower my prices because its harder for you guys to install them? i dont think so.

my business is based on u.s prices. right now the dollar is really low and who knows it might go even lower. i am not going to be one of those companies that locks in their prices and 6 months later the dollar has changed so much that the price is 10-20$ off.

a good example is a place where i am ordering a custom bumper for my truck. its 150$ on the u.s site, but like 260$ on the canadian site. does that make sense? no it doesnt.
so i am not doing the same thing.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/09/05 09:25 PM
I'm down for clear corner lenses. I'll check back each day to know progress.
Posted By: Klearz.com Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/09/05 09:46 PM
i guess at this point i am waiting for the donner lenses.
last i heard tour96se was working on those.

once he has them ready he will post them on this site for everyone to approve. then everyone who is signed up can send the down payments, and once i receive the lens i can start production.

i welcome you guys to visit our new request page, and input products that you would like us to produce. its great for getting discounts on future products.

http://www.klearz.com/request/index.php
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/10/05 12:28 AM
still working on them.....i work 11 hours a day so i have limited time to get these done....but i'm tryin'
Posted By: TOUR'ING Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/10/05 03:26 AM
What kind of turn-around time would be looking at for the clear corners? Providing you have the samples to get going?
Posted By: Klearz.com Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/10/05 04:07 AM
once i have all the down payments and lenses in hand, depending on how busy we are we would have something to show in 2-3 weeks, most likely it would be more like 1 week.
Posted By: carraudio Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/11/05 09:01 PM
So if we want a set we have to get in now or can we wait? The first five won't be the only ones who will be getting them. I want a set so do I have to send in a $40 payment?
Posted By: Klearz.com Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/11/05 09:42 PM
once the lens are ready to be sold, you can send payment of 140$ for 4 peice clear tailight plus 10$ shipping.

it might be wise to wait until the 5 first ppl receive them and install them to see how everything goes. usualy this step is not required because we make copy of stock lenses. in this case the lens have to be cut up.

i am making a copy of the donner lens, if the donner lens isnt going to fit properly, unfortunatly that is not my fault and i am not refunding money for that. i dont want to scare anyone but that is how it will be.

once we receive the payment we mail out the lenses.
im not making any waiting list or anything, so whoever pays first gets lens first.
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/12/05 04:20 AM
Originally posted by Klearz.com:
once the lens are ready to be sold, you can send payment of 140$ for 4 peice clear tailight plus 10$ shipping.

it might be wise to wait until the 5 first ppl receive them and install them to see how everything goes. usualy this step is not required because we make copy of stock lenses. in this case the lens have to be cut up.

i am making a copy of the donner lens, if the donner lens isnt going to fit properly, unfortunatly that is not my fault and i am not refunding money for that. i dont want to scare anyone but that is how it will be.

once we receive the payment we mail out the lenses.
im not making any waiting list or anything, so whoever pays first gets lens first.

Uh, in that case take me off the list, and I will wait until I see a product. If you are telling other people that would be the wisest thing, then I think I will follow your advice...I'll gladly buy some after I see a product and they have successfully been fitted.
Posted By: Klearz.com Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/12/05 02:22 PM
1)tour96se(smoked)
2)-------------------
3)99 se(smoked)
5)will jr.

well then i hope someone takes ur place cause i aint maken em without the 5 ppl. unless the 4 are willing to pay the slightly higher price.
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/12/05 04:11 PM
Well, I don't want to offend anybody by speaking for them, but I think someone else is going to be out too, unless he changed his mind since the last time I talked to him...
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/12/05 10:33 PM
peace outttttttttttttt
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/15/05 03:22 PM
Haha...There we go. I knew you'd chime in.
Posted By: Klearz.com Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/15/05 03:24 PM
well the whole project is trashed then.
you guys get in touch with me if you are ever serious about this again.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/15/05 04:53 PM
I wasn't really interested in this G/B, but found it as a pretty interesting opportunity for people get these tails made.. My only suggestion is to Klearz.com.. You may want to brush up a tad on your business skills.. Although it's never fun to have people criticizing your work or price, it's not proper etiquette to come back the way you do.. If there wasn't enough interest, then so be it.. I just think it wouldn't hurt to think about the customer first.. Other than that, you seem to be on the right track and definitely have a Monopoly on making products for the "less than popular" cars like the Contours.. I wish your company luck, but hope you can take the constructive criticism well.

Mark
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/16/05 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
I wasn't really interested in this G/B, but found it as a pretty interesting opportunity for people get these tails made.. My only suggestion is to Klearz.com.. You may want to brush up a tad on your business skills.. Although it's never fun to have people criticizing your work or price, it's not proper etiquette to come back the way you do.. If there wasn't enough interest, then so be it.. I just think it wouldn't hurt to think about the customer first.. Other than that, you seem to be on the right track and definitely have a Monopoly on making products for the "less than popular" cars like the Contours.. I wish your company luck, but hope you can take the constructive criticism well.

Mark

exactaly why i dropped out, being a manager or a retail buisness i was not at all imperssed with the way you dealt w/ a little ceg critisism,and i understand your the one making something for us,but at the same time we would have been making you some money.... , that and a couple of other things didnt seem right......that i wont air out here but a certain member knows what i'm talking about,and anyone else paying attention may have picked it up as well
Posted By: Klearz.com Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/16/05 02:48 AM
the lost is on you guys not me, its just too bad that i had to waste my time
Posted By: IonNinja Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/16/05 07:12 AM
I guess I missed the reasoning why a complete assembly could not be produced. I have been following this thread from a far and I think the idea of having to open the lights up and send em away pretty much killed the interest.
Posted By: DemonOfSteel Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/16/05 08:16 AM
that's exectly why I didn't go further in this. even if I lost interest right by the start, I followed this post, so I know how things went. at first, when willjr was talking about it, it seemed good to me. I would have entered, but then things changed and I changed my mind at the same time.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/16/05 01:48 PM

You're only reiterating my point with statements like this. It's too bad you had to burn bridges with the CEG, as I'm sure if you had handled business a little more professionally, people would atleast consider your company in the future if they were able to come up with the $$$. Also, you didn't waste much time as I can see it. You've got 18 posts which each took probably an average of 2 minutes to enter. You're not out any money or time, so I don't see why the attitude.

Mark
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/16/05 03:09 PM
Your going to have a successful business.......NOT!

Posted By: eyevancsu Re: 95-97 clear taillight group buy - 02/16/05 07:29 PM
Quote:

Everybody here kept their money, you missed out on hundreds, our cars will still look great regardless. Think of the time spent here as an investment not a loss, hope you learn something more valuable that will help you out later.

-ivan
© CEG Archives