Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/20/05 11:06 AM
I contacted ATI about making me a couple sets of rear sub-frame sway bar mounts and Rick told me that they are now offering a complete, new sub-frame with the revised mounts. The sub-frame is a new OEM service part that they modify, not a rusty old used part, and no exchange is required. You simply remove your old sub-frame and bolt the new one in its place.

I need to buy a reinforced sub-frame for both of my Contours; is anyone else interested in buying one of these?
Posted By: tropictour Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/20/05 11:51 AM
If I had a flippin' Aussie Bar I'd be in.
-tropictour
Can you get a price out of him?

Thanks,
Rick
Posted By: path914 Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/20/05 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Buckshot77:

Thanks,
Rick

Posted By: svtProdigy Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/20/05 03:02 PM
Originally posted by path914:

i have me an aussie bar...
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/20/05 05:09 PM
Originally posted by tropictour:
If I had a flippin' Aussie Bar I'd be in.
-tropictour

I think it was Demon who said there's benefit even with the stock SVT/Early SE bar because the stock mounts are so flimsy.

I would be interested in something like this, eventually, and of course depending on price. But not until next year, at the earliest.
Yes this is exactly what I need because I do have an Aussie bar and because my BAT bar mangled the stock mounts. Man they SUCK. But ho much are they asking, and how do we get in contact with them.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/20/05 06:49 PM

Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/20/05 09:24 PM
I'm interested
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/20/05 10:19 PM
Here is the deal. The regular price is $300 + shipping; if we can get at least (6) people he will give us a 15% discount. That's $255 + shipping and this morning he quoted me only $20 to ship a sub-frame to Las Vegas! If, and this is a BIG IF in the CEG, we can get (10) or more people he will look at additional discounts (I'm not holding my breath though).

A note for those of you thinking this is only for the lucky few with "Aussie" bars. I am assured that this is a great benefit with any bar, but especially when used with a larger sway bar like the 21mm BAT bar. In fact I have a BAT bar for both of my Contours and I will be buying the ATI sub-frame before I install them on either one.
Interesting. I am about to have my Aussie Bar installed. If this is a possiblity I may just wait and pick up this subframe.

Standard installation of the Aussie bar requires reinforcement welding. I am to take it this new subframe would eliminate the need for that. BUT what else would it do?

Anyone have a pic of the oem subframe?
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/20/05 10:47 PM
Take a look here if you want to know what the ATI modification looks like.

http://www.pbase.com/cdw27/image/17985728
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/20/05 11:04 PM
I am most definitely in. I will wait and see if a group buy is possible, but even if its not I will order a subframe. IMHO rear subframe reinforcement is a must do item on any contour that will see spirited driving. This becomes more and more true as corrosion and flexing take their toll on the aging factory installed parts.

The earliest cars are now nearly 10 years oldâ?¦

Thanks NVSVT
Is this an upgrade for the cougar too? Never even looked at mine compared to yours. I wouldn't see y not everything else is the same...lol. If it makes a noticeable difference I will be in on this GB just let me know guys. I'm upgrading all my suspension. Doing tubular control arms and heavy duty sway bars. Already have 5 way adjustable konis and rousch lowering springs. Also my cougar is 2000 v6 mtx.
Posted By: R_G Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/20/05 11:44 PM
Interested. Will participate in GB.
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/21/05 12:59 AM
This is a good idea guys, my driver's side mount broke with the stock bar and Eibach/Spax. Luckily, my ex g/f's dad was a welder and we took car of it, but if not, I would have been up s%#% creek. From mild to wild, this is a good mod.
Posted By: BDSVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/21/05 12:17 PM
I'm in for sure. It sure beats driving to MI to have this done.
Posted By: Ronan_dup1 Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/21/05 12:55 PM
I'm in like Flynn.
Originally posted by NVSVT:
Take a look here if you want to know what the ATI modification looks like.

http://www.pbase.com/cdw27/image/17985728

Do you have access to any other pictures maybe from ATI themselves that show it a bit better? The reinforcement of the bar connection looks good, but I'm wondering if they do any other reinforcement to the sub frame while they've got it there?

Thanks,
Rick
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/21/05 02:15 PM
ATI Subframe Photo Gallery

HTH.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/21/05 04:39 PM
I've gotta do more research about what additional improvements they make on the subframe, but I may be in for one (I have a welder & I know how to use it). If you need a 10th guy for the extra GB discounts, I'll throw in no matter what. I can always send it to RogerB when he's ready.
Count me in also... Question though what is required to slam this on my car? New Bolts, remove gastank, special tools? Or is it easier to take to mechanic. Just wondering, thanks.
Posted By: morbid Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/21/05 05:33 PM
will they also include a standard swaybar mount clamp (with 2 holes)?
Posted By: path914 Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/21/05 07:02 PM
Originally posted by DarKSidE:
Count me in also... Question though what is required to slam this on my car? New Bolts, remove gastank, special tools? Or is it easier to take to mechanic. Just wondering, thanks.

Nothing special, just unbolting a few bolts really. Dubkatz and I removed mine in under an hour with regular tools. About the same to put in a new one.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/21/05 07:18 PM
Never done it myself, but I've seen a few posts on it & it should be relatively simple. Just buy a few cheapo deep well sockets to use for alignment of the new subframe & then a 4 wheel alignment - if needed.
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/21/05 11:35 PM
Here is the list of who is in:

NVSVT (2) â??? definitely
DarKSidE â??? maybe
96BlackSE â??? maybe
GrandMasterKhan â??? maybe
JEDsContour â??? definitely
Docfeelgood111 (Cougar) - maybe
R G â??? definitely
BDSVT â??? definitely
Ronan â??? definitely
TourDeForce â??? maybe
RogerB â??? later

In addition I just called Rick to get everyoneâ??s questions answered.

1. They do not just reinforce the stock sway bar mounts instead they entirely replace them with (very) heavy duty two-bolt mounts that they fabricate themselves. But, NO, they do not add any other reinforcements or make any other modifications to the sub-frame. Rick told me that the stock sub-frame already has two layers of material around the control arm mounts and he could see no other areas that he felt would benefit from additional reinforcement or modification. If any of you have had problems with another area of your sub-frame, Rick would like to know.

2. After the new sway bar mounts have been welded on the sub-frame they repaint it with Eastwood â??rust encapsulatorâ? to protect it from the elements.

3. Currently they do not have a picture of the modified sub-frame available, but Rick said they would have one on the web-site by the end of next week. He will send me a link to post here when the pictures are up.

4. Rick is not sure if the sub-frame is the same on a Cougar or not, but ATI has one coming in on Monday for some other work and he said he would check it out and let me know on Tuesday if the sub-frames are the same.

5. If you have a moderate amount of mechanical knowledge and ability you can do the sub-frame swap yourself in about a day. No special tools are required to do the swap and you do not have to remove the fuel tank. However, you should take your car to an alignment shop to have a 4-wheel alignment done after the swap.

6. ATI does not provide any hardware with the modified sub-frame. Rick said that a car like mine, from the southwest, always garaged and with less than 55,000 miles, shouldnâ??t need new hardware, but I would strongly advise the use of new hardware any time you install new suspension components. Energy Suspension makes the sway bar mounts (http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/swaybbct.html) and they can be purchased online through Performance Depot (performancedepot.com). As for the Ford mounting hardware, Bill Jenkins or Tim Vierra at Signature Lincoln Mercury, (702) 457-0321, can get it for you at a discount.

I hope that answers all of the questions. Now all I need to do is convince Rick (Buckshot77) and/or Brad (bnoon) to make me a set (or two) of adjustable tubular aluminum controls arms (leading arms, trailing arms and sway bar brackets) so I can install them on my sub-frames before I put them on my cars.
Count me in then. When is this going down?
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/22/05 02:49 AM
What is the lead time for this? I can't do this right now, but early summer or early fall at the latest. If I send a deposit, can I still get in on the GB price and be counted as part of the GB, to help lower the overall cost?
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/22/05 02:58 AM
If that's the list, count me as a definate.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/22/05 03:09 AM
I'd recommend ATI to everyone. Their work is excellent and they are extremely professional. My price was lower because I went to them directly and they used my subframe. They did a great job and I plan on using them for other things in the future.
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/22/05 05:49 AM
Up-dated list of who is in:

NVSVT (2) â??? definitely
DarKSidE â??? definitely
96BlackSE â??? maybe
GrandMasterKhan â??? maybe
JEDsContour â??? definitely
Docfeelgood111 (Cougar) - maybe
R G â??? definitely
BDSVT â??? definitely
Ronan â??? definitely
TourDeForce â??? definitely
RogerB â??? later
Shaggy - maybe
ohsigmachi - definitely

I will ask Rick about the "additional discounts" if and when we reach (15) people that are "definitely" in.

When do all of you want to get the buy started? Please PM me your answer. I would like to see this close no later than February 25th.

Shaggy, I will ask Rick, on Monday, about accepting a deposit to hold the price for you. How long will it be before you have the entire amount?
I will have my car up on a lift monday. If the guy who is installing my Koni/GC and Brakes can fab something I may pass on this Subframe, though it is very tempting. (If he wants too $$ do modify the subframe I will be in this GB for sure.)

I will chime back in early this coming week.
Well I'm buying some turbo parts for $2700. So I am out for a while.I wouldn't be able till some time in march probably but if I could put a deposit down to help lower the price for you guys and lock in my price...could probably do that.
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/23/05 05:13 PM
Shaggy, I will ask Rick, on Monday, about accepting a deposit to hold the price for you. How long will it be before you have the entire amount?

I actually have the money right now, I just don't have a place to store it until I get my own place, which is in the works for early summer to early fall.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/23/05 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy:

I actually have the money right now, I just don't have a place to store it until I get my own place, which is in the works for early summer to early fall.

Stick it under your bed. It's not big or bulky at all unless you're sleeping on the floor .
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/23/05 05:29 PM
Originally posted by GrandMasterKhan:
I will have my car up on a lift monday. If the guy who is installing my Koni/GC and Brakes can fab something I may pass on this Subframe, though it is very tempting. (If he wants too $$ do modify the subframe I will be in this GB for sure.)

I will chime back in early this coming week.

Don't let your guy talk you into letting him reweld/reinforce/etc the existing mounts. When one of mine tore loose I took it to the repair shop where my son works and they "fixed" it. But they told me it probably wouldn't hold because of Ford's design. There just isn't enough there to fix it right. They were right, only about 2 weeks later it was clunking again. It didn't come loose because of my driving, it came loose just because of the condition of the roads from snow and ice. If you can swing the ATI fix, do it.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/24/05 03:28 AM
Also can you find out about shipping to Canada?

Posted By: 00SVTGA Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/24/05 04:06 AM

i'm so in on this deal. problem is i just shelled out $2,500 for a new spec clutch, updated shift forks, torsen and labor between two shops. i need two weeks to a month to rasie the money.

i have the aussie bar but haven't installed it because i'm worried about breaking the sub frame .

this sounds like a perfect solution. it just came at i time when i have no money. damn.

can i buy it directly from ati with in a month ?
Interested...but would like to see pic's of ATI's Rear Sub-Frame, not pic's of somebody's fixed factory unit. I would really like to see exactly what we are getting.
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/24/05 07:49 PM
Originally posted by scottd60:
Interested...but would like to see pic's of ATI's Rear Sub-Frame, not pic's of somebody's fixed factory unit. I would really like to see exactly what we are getting.

The ATI sub-frame is a modified factory unit. I explained that in my original 01/20/2005 6:06 PM post....

"I contacted ATI about making me a couple sets of rear sub-frame sway bar mounts and Rick told me that they are now offering a complete, new sub-frame with the revised mounts. The sub-frame is a new OEM service part that they modify, not a rusty old used part, and no exchange is required. You simply remove your old sub-frame and bolt the new one in its place."

And pictures will be posted on ATI's web-site by the end of this week. I explained that in my 01/21/2005 6:35 PM post....

"3. Currently they do not have a picture of the modified sub-frame available, but Rick said they would have one on the web-site by the end of next week. He will send me a link to post here when the pictures are up."

I will do my best to answer everyoneâ??s NEW questions promptly, but I do not have time to answer questions multiple times.

scottd60, I'm not trying to single you out for criticism, nor am I trying to be a jerk, so please do not take offence.

We all have families, work, school, etc., this is only our hobby. So to all, please read ALL posts carefully before posting a question.

Thanks, DT.
No problem...I guess I missunderstood what I read. I didn't realize they were using factory subframes. I was under the impression they were manufacturing new ones. I'll keep an eye out for the pic's.

Thanks
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/25/05 10:02 AM
Cougar owners, Rick has confirmed that your cars have the same rear sub-frame as the Contour (if you didn't already know). Seams obvious to me now, but I had to have him check, just to be sure.

Would one of you please post something on NECO about this group buy?
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/25/05 08:59 PM
Below is Rick's latest correspondence.

I read through the thread. If the guys that are on the fence would be willing to up a $40 non-refundable deposit, I think that gets over 10 people interested in the sub-frame. That being said, I can offer the sub-frame for $250.00 for anything over 10. I know it isnâ??t much of a break from the 5-10 piece price. At $250.00 I am really not making much on the part, but I appreciate all of the exposure we have had on the Contour site. The price also will include the bolts and washers to mount the sway bar to the sub-frame, which I had erroneously excluded before.

In all honesty, I had no idea how much of a following the Contour had. I worked on this program when the car was being developed and am glad to see the enthusiasm for it. Again, any of these parts would cross over to the Cougar.

It would probably take me 2-3 weeks to get all of the sub-frames together. A week to get the sub-frames, and some time to modify them all. The thread was correct; we do remove the factory sub-frame mounts and mount our own. I will email you when I post the pictures on our site.

Regards, Rick

I'm ready to make this happen, but only one or two people have sent me a PM indicating when they want to proceed. Since I'm buying (2) sub-frames we only need (4) more people to get the $255 price and (8) more to get the $250 price. Also, please notice Rick IS including the sway bar mounting hardware.
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/26/05 12:17 AM
I'll send the non-refundable deposit as soon as its needed.
Posted By: R_G Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/26/05 01:12 AM
I'll send the non-refundable deposit as soon as its needed.

Where do we send the deposit to.
the Mounts as they are wouldnt not allow the sway bar to reach anyway, and the bar would hit the subframe. (probably discussed before on here)

He is going to have to Completely box them in and refab the mount. Its already in progress, though I do wish I had the cash to be in this GB.

He builds race cars from scratch. So I dont have any doubt in his ability. What I did doubt is if this Contour Subframe will bolt onto the cougar? Unfortunatly didnt see your confirmation post until it was too late.

I have posted a cross reference link on Fastcougar.com, though I dont see many members post interest over here or there. Unfortunate.
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/26/05 05:41 AM

NVSVT (2) â??? definitely (ready with deposit)
DarKSidE â??? definitely (ready with deposit)
96BlackSE â??? maybe
JEDsContour â??? definitely (ready with deposit)
Docfeelgood111 - maybe (possible deposit)
R_G â??? definitely (ready with deposit)
BDSVT â??? definitely
Ronan â??? definitely
TourDeForce â??? definitely (ready with deposit)
Shaggy - definitely (ready with deposit)
ohsigmachi - definitely (ready with deposit)
00SVTGA - maybe (possible deposit)
scottd60 - maybe

To all, I will make arrangements with Rick to accept deposits and get this going. I would still like to see this close no later than February 25th.

96BlackSE, I will check with Rick about shipping to Canada.
Posted By: 00SVTGA Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/26/05 05:45 AM

bet it up. where should i send my deposit ?
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/26/05 09:01 AM

96BlackSE â??? maybe
BDSVT â??? definitely
Ronan â??? definitely
00SVTGA - definitely (ready with deposit)
scottd60 - maybe

Add 00SVTGA to the "ready with deposit" group and that makes (9) sub-frames. I'm surprised and pleased; I thought we would have trouble just getting (6).
Posted By: BDSVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/26/05 11:52 AM
My deposit is in hand and ready to go. Just let us know where to send it.
Posted By: morbid Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/26/05 07:15 PM
when do they need the remaining amount? If it's a month or more, I could do the deposit now... if it's sooner, I won't have the money. I really want/need this.... just might be bad timing for me.
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/26/05 07:53 PM

96BlackSE â??? maybe
BDSVT â??? definitely (ready with deposit)
Ronan â??? definitely
scottd60 - maybe
morbid - maybe (possible deposit)

To all, your non-refundable deposit shows your intent to buy so WHEN we get (10) deposits the price will be set at $250 + shipping. You can then pay the remaining balance when you are able (within reason).

morbid, as long as you can pay by the end of March you should be alright.
I'll be able to send my deposit next week. As soon as I get my check cashed.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/27/05 01:50 PM

96BlackSE â??? maybe
Ronan â??? definitely
scottd60 - maybe
morbid - maybe (possible deposit)

Let us know when ATI is ready to receive deposits for the GB. I'm ready to go.
Posted By: morbid Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/27/05 04:13 PM
cool, thanks! I'll be ready with a deposit next week then.
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/27/05 09:10 PM

96BlackSE â??? maybe
Docfeelgood111 - definitely (deposit next week)
Ronan â??? definitely (ready with deposit)
scottd60 - maybe
morbid - definitely (deposit next week)

It's great to see everyone so anxious to get this started (so am I). It looks like we â??definitelyâ? have (13) sub-frames so as long as we don't have more than (3) people back-out we are good for the $250 price.

Just as soon as Rick gets back to me with the deposit/payment instructions I will post them here.
Add me to the list as definitely interested. I need to re-read the thread when I have more time (work frowns on it).

dan
Posted By: goalcoach Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/28/05 05:54 PM
Can I still get in on this? When do I need to get my deposit to ATI?

Thanks,

Art Baker
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/28/05 05:59 PM
You can still get in. We're waiting for instructions on where to send the deposit...
Posted By: EternalOne Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/28/05 06:06 PM
Hm, very possible here as well. Lemme do some calc's and figure out if this will throw off my project timing, or not. If all is well, I'll send the money whenever its needed.

E1
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/28/05 09:14 PM
Latest list of who is in:

NVSVT (2) â??? deposit made
96BlackSE â??? maybe
scottd60 - maybe
DanCanuck - maybe
goalcoach - maybe
EternalOne - maybe

Here are the instructions! First read Rick's latest correspondence then please read my instructions as well.

Here is the link directly to the sub-frame on our site. You can select the $40.00 deposit and pay by credit card on our site. Alternately, those who wish to send a check can mail it to the address listed in my signature. I prefer online payment, but understand that sometimes people arenâ??t comfortable with that. I have ordered the parts to build sufficient quantities, but I would expect a ship date of February 18th (from parts supplier). It will take about a week to get all of the new sub-frames in, then we need time to modify them. I will figure out how to collect the remaining payment before shipment. Let me know if you or anyone else has any concerns or issues.

http://www.accuratetechnologies.com/performance/Default.aspx?mid=505&tabid=118&ctl=catalogitemdetails&catalogitemid=132&mastercategoryid=10

Best regards,
Rick Myers
Division Manager
ATI Performance Engineering
47199 Cartier Drive
Wixom, MI 48393 USA

To make sure that everyone here gets the group buy price you need to put â??CEG Group Buyâ? in the box for â??Companyâ? when you are filling out your information. Then when you have made your deposit please notify me by private message so I can keep track of the list. I will up-date the list here on the forum as frequently as possible, but at least once-a-day.

By the way, I have already made my deposit on (2) sub-frames.

Thanks, DT.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/28/05 10:29 PM
Deposit made.
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/28/05 11:50 PM

96BlackSE â??? maybe
TourDeForce â??? deposit made
scottd60 - maybe
DanCanuck - maybe
goalcoach - maybe
EternalOne - maybe

Please read the following information, it is very important and I can't believe I forgot to include it in my last post.

ALL DEPOSITS MUST BE IN BY FEBRUARY 4TH AND YOUR REMAINING PAYMENT MUST BE MADE BEFORE THE SUB-FRAME SHIPS, BUT NO LATER THAN MARCH 4TH.
I'm in for sure. I have the welded plates to reinforce a previous rip, but this sounds like a good long term item.

Thanks for arranging the GB, NVSVT!
Dan
Posted By: morbid Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/29/05 03:33 PM

96BlackSE â??? maybe
scottd60 - maybe
DanCanuck - maybe
goalcoach - maybe
EternalOne - maybe

Please read the following information, it is very important and I can't believe I forgot to include it in my last post.

ALL DEPOSITS MUST BE IN BY FEBRUARY 4TH AND YOUR REMAINING PAYMENT MUST BE MADE BEFORE THE SUB-FRAME SHIPS, BUT NO LATER THAN MARCH 4TH.

works for me. Since we're currently at 18 people, what does the gb discount go to with 15 people... and what if we reach 20?
uh oh....hope the mail goes out and gets there in time. Got some pretty nasty weather down here.
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/30/05 02:03 AM

96BlackSE â??? maybe
JEDsContour â??? deposit made
scottd60 - maybe
DanCanuck - deposit mailed
goalcoach - maybe
EternalOne - maybe

"Works for me. Since we're currently at 18 people, what does the gb discount go to with 15 people... and what if we reach 20?" - morbid

morbid, I will answer your question with a quote from my 01/25/2005, 03:59 PM post - "That being said, I can offer the sub-frame for $250.00 for anything over 10. I know it isnâ??t much of a break from the 5-10 piece price. At $250.00 I am really not making much on the part, but I appreciate all of the exposure we have had on the Contour site. The price also will include the bolts and washers to mount the sway bar to the sub-frame, which I had erroneously excluded before."

But remember we haft to have at least (10) deposits by February 4th to get the $250 price!

Deposit Made------thanks for everything....can't wait to get my aussie bar to work.
I'll send mine out monday if the post office is open. Just depends sometimes it closes due to the weather. Just got more sleet and snow last night in wv where I live.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/30/05 10:27 PM
FWIW, I had my car worked on there (rear subframe re-inforced/springs/struts/SS brakelines) and can tell you these cars are top notch and VERY professional. Also the facility is like a hospital inside as far as being clean goes and that means something to me
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/31/05 01:57 AM

DarKSidE â??? deposit made
96BlackSE â??? maybe
ohsigmachi - deposit made
scottd60 - maybe
DanCanuck - deposit mailed 01/29/2005
goalcoach - maybe
EternalOne - maybe

Posted By: goalcoach Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/31/05 03:24 PM
Deposit paid online. Thanks for organizing.

Art Baker
Posted By: 95SE_ATL Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/31/05 04:52 PM
Deposit paid online 1/30/05

Jeff
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 01/31/05 11:59 PM
Originally posted by The Striped SVT:
FWIW, I had my car worked on there (rear subframe re-inforced/springs/struts/SS brakelines) and can tell you these cars are top notch and VERY professional. Also the facility is like a hospital inside as far as being clean goes and that means something to me

What he said!! Very impressive, very clean, and very customer oriented.
Posted By: 00SVTGA Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/01/05 01:01 AM

deposit made online to ATI. 01/31/05.
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/01/05 02:35 AM

96BlackSE â??? maybe
00SVTGA - deposit made
scottd60 - maybe
goalcoach - deposit made
EternalOne - maybe
95SE_ATL - deposit made

Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/01/05 04:07 AM
By my count that gives us deposits on 10 subframes. We've made the GB requirement for $250 each.

Now, who wants to be the GRAVY!??

dayum, this is a quite a deal, I had Terry do the same thing for what ATI is quoting, but $250!!! WOW, good job guys, the assurance of a nicely welded rear-sub frame is great, and the rust-free black is hot. . . remember to get it aligned properly upon reinstall. . .
Posted By: morbid Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/01/05 10:57 PM
ack! Their order form appears all garbled when viewed with firefox

I'll have to find a windows box tonight and try IE.
well I'm the gravy then...cuz I just sent my deposit today in the mail.
Posted By: eepals_dup1 Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/02/05 12:19 AM
Thanks for putting this together. While I need the reinforced brackets, for my 21 mm bar, my subframe is showing its age. The rust in some areas has noticeably effected the strength of the frame.
I'm in, I left a deposit.
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/02/05 02:22 AM

96BlackSE â??? maybe
Docfeelgood111 - deposit mailed 02/01/2005
00SVTGA - deposit made
scottd60 - maybe
goalcoach - deposit made
EternalOne - maybe
95SE_ATL - deposit made
eepals - deposit made

Posted By: R_G Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/02/05 03:47 AM
Deposit made on-line
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/02/05 07:06 AM
i dont really know much about sub-frames and what not but since im already spending 1k on my suspension i might as well get this too!

can anyone explain what this does? besides being reinforced? do all of the stock ones eventually crap out? even with a stock sway bar? is it just a plain good investment to get no matter what?

I have the cash but i just dont want to buy parts i dont need or are excessive. but if I SHOULD get this than i will. any input people who know this stuff really well?

if i get this, can i then get a rear sway bar? or will i need additional components? not like bushings and stuff mentioned but i mean actual hardware. i cant believe how much sh!t I have seen that is available for this car's suspension from what I have read, it seems that you NEED this sub frame thingy if you use an upgraded sway bar. especially an Aussie bar.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/02/05 05:38 PM
Let's start with the basics.

1. On a modern "unibody" car, the steel pressings used to form the body panels are also stressed members. In other words, the old way of building a car, with a frame and then a body on top of that, is not used. Still, there has to be something to attach the drivetrain and suspension to. That's what the subframes are for.

2. The stock swaybar mounting brackets on this car, at least at the rear, are weak and flimsy. Some people have had bracket failure even with a stock 19mm bar, esp if they autocross or drive the car hard.

3. Installing any larger rear bar requires reinforcement of the swaybar brackets. This requires welding stronger brackets to the subframe, which requires pulling the whole subframe assembly off the car. A do-it-yourselfer who knows how to weld could accomplish this rather easily on their existing subframe, or you could take it to a shop, explain what needs doing, even show them pictures from this site and get it done that way.

4. You could also obtain a used subframe from a junkyard or other source, and send it to Terry Haines (in MI) to get the work done. I think he has a core charge, refundable when you send him your old subframe. Or, you could send him your own subframe if you can live without your car for a while.

5. The item in this GB is a brand new subframe from ATI with the required modifications already done. So, no worries about rust, etc., especially if you live in a high-rust climate.

6. Even though there have been some failures with stock bars, IMO, this piece is not "required," unless you a) install a bigger rear bar, or b) drive aggressively and care about extracting the last nth of performance out of your suspension.
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/02/05 09:38 PM

96BlackSE â??? maybe
R_G â??? deposit made
00SVTGA - deposit made
scottd60 - maybe
morbid - deposit made
goalcoach - deposit made
EternalOne - maybe
95SE_ATL - deposit made
eepals - deposit made
Aspire - maybe

Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/03/05 01:19 AM

96BlackSE â??? maybe
R_G â??? deposit made
BDSVT â??? deposit made
00SVTGA - deposit made
scottd60 - maybe
morbid - deposit made
goalcoach - deposit made
EternalOne - maybe
95SE_ATL - deposit made
eepals - deposit made
Aspire - maybe

Well I got lucky found an aussie bar that was never used on the neco forum for sale. Bought it for $120!...YAY!
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/03/05 08:47 AM
Originally posted by docfeelgood111:
Well I got lucky found an aussie bar that was never used on the neco forum for sale. Bought it for $120!...YAY!

You lucky dog!
I couldn't pass this deal up ... new list memeber.

Deposit made online
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/03/05 07:56 PM

96BlackSE â??? maybe
R_G â??? deposit made
BDSVT â??? deposit made
00SVTGA - deposit made
scottd60 - maybe
morbid - deposit made
goalcoach - deposit made
EternalOne - maybe
95SE_ATL - deposit made
eepals - deposit made
Aspire - maybe
fastcougar - deposit made

I received a question from SF-SVT and I felt it would be beneficial to post it here along with Rickâ??s reply.

"I'm just curious about this sub-frame. I have a 1998.5 SVT and I have tried many times to reinforce the brackets; does your sub-frame address the issue of different sized fuel tanks for different production years? If I recall correctly, on the 1998.5 and earlier cars there was a fitment issue with the driver-side mount because the fuel tank was very, very close to the stock 'hook' bracket and the weld-on plate won't fit unless the end is filed down almost to the mounting hole. I might be interested in this group buy if the sub-frame addresses this issue.

Thanks, SF-SVT"

"The very first one we installed was on an early model and the fuel tank was very close to the sway bar brackets, so I understand your concern. When we build these we hold to the factory sway bar mounting dimensions and I think in the picture you can see that both the outside corners are cut at an angle to provide as much clearance as possible. I believe that the modified sub-frame should clear without issues. That being said, with production tolerances as they are, I can see where there may be some minor modification required in some instances. I also believe there is some room for the sub-frame to move forward and back when bolted in place.

Best regards,
Rick Myers
Division Manager
47199 Cartier Drive
Wixom, MI 48393 USA"

I'm in...deposit made today online.

Thanks
Posted By: vodfan Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/04/05 02:59 AM
Deposit has been made.
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/04/05 03:59 AM

96BlackSE â??? maybe
R_G â??? deposit made
BDSVT â??? deposit made
00SVTGA - deposit made
scottd60 - deposit made
morbid - deposit made
goalcoach - deposit made
EternalOne - deposit made
95SE_ATL - deposit made
eepals - deposit made
Aspire - maybe
vodfan - deposit made
04marauder - deposit made

Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/04/05 04:03 AM
WOW!!! 20 subframes so far. I never would have been this optomistic! Are there even 20 new subframes in the U.S.??
Posted By: R_G Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/04/05 04:04 AM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Are there even 20 new subframes in the U.S.??

Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/04/05 05:11 AM
WOW!!! 20 subframes so far. I never would have been this optomistic! Are there even 20 new subframes in the U.S.??

I sure hope so!!

I'm shocked at the response to this group buy. When I started this I was hoping for (4) additional buyers, but we are at (18) and it isn't over yet!!!

Thanks to all of you for your support.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/04/05 06:07 AM
Those who will be looking for a snazzy new rear sway bar to add to their new subframe - There is a group buy for highly sought after Aussie bars getting warmed up. Check it out!

I expect the Aussie bar buy to start about the time this one ships out it's last subframe, so there may be time to save up some additional cabbage (or sell some spare parts - like side skirts for my T-red SE (hint, hint)) & get an authentic Aussie bar!
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/04/05 07:21 AM
NVSVT check yo PM yo.

just deposited my deposit in the deposit section on ATI's sizzite!

now just need an Aussie bar!
Posted By: morbid Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/04/05 04:39 PM
I really appreciate ATI doing this, especially for our cars that are no longer in production... so I'm not trying to slam them. But has anyone seen their price for the Odyssey 680 battery? $263 Most stores sell it around $70-80 (without a mount)... I paid $60 for mine, with some corp discounts, and about $25 for a black powdercoated aluminum mounting bracket.

Just thought that was strange....
That's a kit, not just a battery.
Posted By: Aspire Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/04/05 07:51 PM
I'm in on this on, deposit last night
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/05/05 07:31 AM
i hope this isn't a stupid ? but im a noob when it comes to working with subframes..

i have subframe connectors on my tour, are these going to have to be removed in order to put this ATI subframe thingy in??
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/05/05 08:18 AM
FINAL LIST for THE ATI SUB-FRAME GROUP BUY:

R_G â??? deposit made
BDSVT â??? deposit made
00SVTGA - deposit made
scottd60 - deposit made
morbid - deposit made
goalcoach - deposit made
95SE_ATL - deposit made
eepals - deposit made
Aspire - deposit made
vodfan - deposit made
svt4stv - deposit made
Shaggy - maybe
SVT PETE - maybe
96BlackSE â??? maybe

ALL DEPOSITS SHOULD HAVE BEEN TURNED IN BY 12:00 PM ON FEBRUARY 4TH! YOUR REMAINING PAYMENT MUST BE MADE BEFORE THE SUB-FRAME SHIPS, BUT NO LATER THAN MARCH 4TH.

Thank you for your participation.
Posted By: LBizBoy Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/06/05 01:33 AM
is this gb still going on? I am interested in one if it is.
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/06/05 05:04 AM
Originally posted by LBizBoy:
is this gb still going on?

Sorry, but no it isn't. The post above yours gave you the answer.

R_G â??? deposit made
BDSVT â??? deposit made
00SVTGA - deposit made
scottd60 - deposit made
morbid - deposit made
goalcoach - deposit made
95SE_ATL - deposit made
eepals - deposit made
Aspire - deposit made
vodfan - deposit made
svt4stv - deposit made
Shaggy - maybe
SVT PETE - maybe
96BlackSE â??? maybe

ALL DEPOSITS SHOULD HAVE BEEN TURNED IN BY 12:00 PM ON FEBRUARY 4TH! YOUR REMAINING PAYMENT MUST BE MADE BEFORE THE SUB-FRAME SHIPS, BUT NO LATER THAN MARCH 4TH.
Has anyone given thought to producing stronger rear control arms? Does anyone know why the production ones are so weak? Is is just a weight issue or is a part that needs some flex? I've gone thru 2 so far, one was the usual grease monkey mistake of using it to raise the car.
They've already been made. Check the suspension forums.
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/06/05 05:00 PM

(snip)

I was in CO when the due date passed. (notified NVSVT earlier) I can't get to the site to make the deposit but I'll try again tomorrow. Would it just be better to call Rick tomorrow morning?
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/06/05 09:47 PM
I was in CO when the due date passed (notified NVSVT earlier). I can't get to the site to make the deposit, but I'll try again tomorrow. Would it just be better to call Rick tomorrow morning?

I made provisions for you to participate. Please check your messages for instructions.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/06/05 10:07 PM
At one end, yes. Then when the new sub is installed, you can hook it up again. Only really big problem would be if you had the connector permanently welded in place. In that case, contact the shop that welded it & ask what they would charge for the R&R with re-welding. Shouldn't be too bad.
Posted By: Ronan_dup1 Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/06/05 11:56 PM
Originally posted by LBizBoy:
is this gb still going on?

Sorry, but no it isn't. The post above yours gave you the answer.

R_G â??? deposit made
BDSVT â??? deposit made
00SVTGA - deposit made
scottd60 - deposit made
morbid - deposit made
goalcoach - deposit made
95SE_ATL - deposit made
eepals - deposit made
Aspire - deposit made
vodfan - deposit made
svt4stv - deposit made
Shaggy - maybe
SVT PETE - maybe
96BlackSE â??? maybe

I paid my deposit on the 3rd, and I have a confirmation email. Did you forget my name from the list, or did you not get my payment?
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/07/05 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Ronan:
I paid my deposit on the 3rd, and I have a confirmation email. Did you forget my name from the list, or did you not get my payment?

I believe there is no way NVSVT knows who has paid - until the buyer tells him himself (as he asked for at the beginning). I am sure you will now make the next list!

NVSVT kindly coordinated this for us, but he is not with ATI and does not receive the payments.
Posted By: LBizBoy Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/07/05 05:21 AM
well if anyone dips out on the sub-frame, I am here and willing to pay.
Posted By: kilobyte Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/07/05 09:48 AM
i am game also if some one backs out let me know (i just found out about this gb)
Posted By: Ronan_dup1 Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/08/05 10:25 AM
Originally posted by JEDsContour:
Originally posted by Ronan:

I believe there is no way NVSVT knows who has paid - until the buyer tells him himself (as he asked for at the beginning). I am sure you will now make the next list!

NVSVT kindly coordinated this for us, but he is not with ATI and does not receive the payments.

Thanks for that, I didnt realise that and I have pm'd NSVT bringing him up to speed. Its tough work setting up a g/b as big as this one.
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/08/05 02:09 PM
I just put my deposit in today. Count me as good to go!
I assume that ATI will be contacting me when the subframe is done to settle payment before shipping. Is this a correct assumption?
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/09/05 08:30 PM
Originally posted by fastcougar:
I assume that ATI will be contacting me when the subframe is done to settle payment before shipping. Is this a correct assumption?

I assume so, but I will double check with Rick.
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/11/05 06:38 PM
I need to have everyone that made a deposit for a sub-frame send me a private message with their name.

Example; NVSVT = David Tibbitts

Please respond quickly as this is necessary so that Rick and I can reconcile our lists.
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/11/05 11:12 PM
FINAL LIST of PARTICIPANTS for THE ATI SUB-FRAME GROUP BUY:

R_G â??? deposit made
BDSVT â??? deposit made
00SVTGA - deposit made
scottd60 - deposit made
morbid - deposit made
goalcoach - deposit made
95SE_ATL - deposit made
eepals - deposit made
Aspire - deposit made
vodfan - deposit made
svt4stv - deposit made
Ronan â??? deposit made
Shaggy â??? deposit made
SVT PETE â??? deposit made
frodog31 â??? paid $350

Ouch...I'll be cutting close to that March 4th deadline. My b-day is feb 22nd. Can I get any additional deduction in price?..lol..worth a try..
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/12/05 10:23 AM
Doc,

Don't push your luck; $250 is a fantastic price! Just be grateful you got in on this group buy because I can guarantee you the price on an ATI sub-frame will never be this low again. Just yesterday, Rick told me that they aren't making any profit on the sub-frame at $250 each.
Posted By: R_G Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/12/05 03:34 PM
NVSVT - after the GB is completed, please ask Rick about other stuff they might be willing to make for our cars.
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/12/05 06:31 PM
Originally posted by R_G:
NVSVT - after the GB is completed, please ask Rick about other stuff they might be willing to make for our cars.

I already have, and hopefully ATI will soon have some additional offerings for the Contour.
Posted By: R_G Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/12/05 06:58 PM
Great, thanks!
I was j/k. You guys should get them to make some tubular control arms...
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/12/05 10:18 PM
Doc,

Are you looking for front or rear control arms?
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/13/05 12:53 AM
Doc,

Are you looking for front or rear control arms?

Don't know what docfeelgood111 wants, but I would love to see aftermarket front control arms with replaceable bushings. Polyurethane (or equivalent) bushings preferred.

Anyone with a lowered Contour is a potential customer. The stock control arms with bonded rubber bushings have absolutely miserable service life with lowered contours. The extra stress wears out the bushings very rapidly (depending on driving style) and the bushings are not replaceable. I am on my second set of replacement front control arms and I am sure there are many on this board whoâ??ve worn out more than that.

ATI would have to take into account the two different designs of control arms used. I have the earlier type, but there may be more demmand for the later design used on SVTs.

Good potential market for such a product. Even a significantly higher than stock cost could be justified, based on the fact that in the future the buyer would only need purchase bushings, not the whole arm as is the case now with stock Ford parts.
Posted By: R_G Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/13/05 12:56 AM
Originally posted by JEDsContour:
Good potential market for such a product. Even a significantly higher than stock cost could be justified

Agreed 100%
Posted By: rac74 Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/13/05 02:21 AM
Check 'em out
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/678557/4
If there's still anyway to get in on this, I'd love to. I could pay in full right now.

Thanks,
BP
I would like to get fronts. Could use the backs also though.
Posted By: R_G Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 02/15/05 02:15 AM
I would like to get fronts. Could use the backs also though.

I'm trying to get my dad to make some for me. He works for Carrol Shelby over in Nevada. He is really good with cars and making custom parts. Maybe if everything turns out I could offer a few sets. Just maybe if he'd be willing to make more.
Can I send my final payment anytime? Also about when will we start receving these? Thanx alot!
Posted By: NVSVT ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 02/16/05 08:08 AM
(Almost) Final List of Participants for The ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy:

1. - NVSVT (2)
2. - DarKSidE
3. - JEDsContour
4. - Docfeelgood111
5. - R_G
6. - BDSVT
7. - TourDeForce
8. - ohsigmachi
9. - 00SVTGA
10. - scottd60
11. - morbid
12. - DanCanuck
13. - goalcoach
14. - EternalOne
15. - 95SE_ATL
16. - eepals
17. - Aspire
18. - fastcougar
19. - vodfan
20. - 04marauder
21. - svt4stv
22. - Ronan
23. - Shaggy
24. - SVT PETE
25. - Allyn48
26. - frodog31
27. - 96BlackSE

This list hasn't been reconciled with Rick's (yet), but I think this is it will look like.

As soon as both lists match I will make arrangements with Rick for all of us to make our final payment.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 02/16/05 03:22 PM
k
Posted By: R_G Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 02/17/05 02:11 AM
k

Posted By: TourDeForce Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 02/17/05 05:36 AM
By the way, I should be #2 on the list. Boot those other guys outta there! Age before beauty ya know...
Posted By: NVSVT ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 02/17/05 05:57 AM
Sorry, but I didn't keep track of the list in order. All I know is I went first so I could try it out before turning the rest of you loose.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 02/17/05 03:38 PM
Sorry, but I didn't keep track of the list in order. All I know is I went first so I could try it out before turning the rest of you loose.

LOL! No problem, I was just kidding & tryin' to see if I could get anybody fired up. I'm a rabble rouser.
Posted By: R_G Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 02/22/05 03:19 AM
So, what's going on?
Posted By: NVSVT ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 02/22/05 07:02 PM
Final List of Participants for The ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy:

1. - NVSVT (2)
2. - DarKSidE
3. - JEDsContour
4. - Docfeelgood111
5. - R_G
6. - BDSVT
7. - TourDeForce
8. - ohsigmachi
9. - 00SVTGA
10. - scottd60
11. - morbid
12. - DanCanuck
13. - goalcoach
14. - EternalOne
15. - 95SE_ATL
16. - eepals
17. - Aspire
18. - fastcougar
19. - vodfan
20. - 04marauder
21. - svt4stv
22. - Ronan
23. - Shaggy
24. - SVT PETE
25. - Allyn48
26. - frodog31
27. - 96BlackSE

This IS the final list. Please take a look at Rick's latest correspondence below. As soon as I get a further update, hopefully later this week, I will post it here.

"Our lists lined up well. I have run into a couple of snags in completing the orders. I only received (10) sub-frames from Ford and I am waiting on the rest, but I expect to have them by weeks end. The first (10) should be ready to ship this week. The second issue is that I became concerned about the 98.5 fitment, so I have built a jig to ensure that I hold to factory mount distances to hopefully prevent any fuel tank clearance issues. I would expect myself or Max Church to provide you with an update by weeks end. Again my apologies to you and the group for the delays.

Best regards,

Rick Myers
Division Manager
ATI Performance Engineering�
Posted By: EternalOne Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 02/22/05 07:24 PM
When should I send final payment? I've got the money sitting there, waiting to go. =)

E1
Posted By: NVSVT ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 02/22/05 07:40 PM
Originally posted by EternalOne:
When should I send final payment? I've got the money sitting there, waiting to go. =)

E1

Keep your eye on the forum for the update later this week (or early next week).
Posted By: EternalOne Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 02/22/05 07:48 PM
Ok, great! Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything, nor do I want ATI waiting on money from me. I've already modified the project balance and removed the money from the account, so someone else from the shop didn't spend it on me. :P (I've had that happen before, miscommunication between TX and MI... bleh.)

E1
Posted By: DarKSidE_dup1 Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 02/24/05 04:00 AM
I'm waiting to send the rest of the money. When do you think this is going to go down. I don't want to be left out. Feedback please.....
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 02/24/05 02:13 PM
Originally posted by DarKSidE:
I'm waiting to send the rest of the money. When do you think this is going to go down. I don't want to be left out. Feedback please.....

From a post on Tuesday...
Keep your eye on the forum for the update later this week (or early next week).

Posted By: NVSVT ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 02/26/05 12:41 AM
Here is the promised update from ATI (see below).

"I have (9) Competition Sub-Frames ready for delivery; I would like to ship your (2) sub-frames out this afternoon. I just need your approval to charge the balance due to the credit card you put your deposit on and I will get them in the mail.

Also, will you post on the website that ATI will be contacting members from the list, in the order posted, for final payment. I have (9) ready to ship today, and I am waiting for the balance of the sub-frames from Ford, but they should be ready to ship next Friday.

Maxwell Church
47199 Cartier Drive
Wixom, MI 48393"

As you can see they have already contacted me, and my sub-frames will ship on Monday.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 02/26/05 03:27 AM
[Austin Powers voice]Oooo, yeah Baby!!![/Austing Powers voice]

I get subframe #8 of 9!! In there with room to spare! Groovy!

Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 02/26/05 08:16 PM

I'm #10

So close...
Posted By: docfeelgood111 Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 02/26/05 10:54 PM
Do you take PayPal by chance? If not I'm going to have to get my money out of there...lol.
Posted By: docfeelgood111 Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 02/28/05 09:47 AM
So I am guessing my remaining balance is $210 plus s/h? Could I get a price for s/h? I wanted to go ahead and get my money in the mail. Can't wait....
Posted By: NVSVT ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 02/28/05 10:22 AM
So I am guessing my remaining balance is $210 plus s/h? Could I get a price for s/h? I wanted to go ahead and get my money in the mail. Can't wait....

Doc, Maxwell Church @ ATI Performance Engineering should be contacting you this week; he will tell you what to do.
Posted By: docfeelgood111 Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 02/28/05 07:46 PM
Ok...Thanks alot!
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 02/28/05 08:37 PM
I just got my call today. Made payment and should have the part by the weekend. He had made other calls, but told me I was the first person to actually answer the phone.

So guys, check your messages.
Posted By: EternalOne Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 03/01/05 12:33 AM
Yup, I got my call and made payment right then, as well. Said mine would go in the mail today or tomorrow at the latest. Can't wait. =)

E1
Posted By: R_G Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 03/01/05 01:05 AM
Nobody called me... I am expecting an e-mail from them since I am mostly unavailable during the business hours.
Posted By: EternalOne Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 03/01/05 04:58 PM
Well damn! I get to the office today, and guess whats waiting for me. =) That's right, mine is here, ALREADY! (And to think, I almost paid the extra for next-day, when it got here next-day anyways!)

One thing I did not realize, however, is that ATI is less than an hour from me! (DUH!) So, I guess now I have to find out if they offer anything else I might be interested in, since they ARE so close.

E1
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 03/01/05 05:10 PM
So, I guess now I have to find out if they offer anything else I might be interested in, since they ARE so close.

Let us know if you find anything we can make use of. You'll be my new best friend.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 03/01/05 05:14 PM
Originally posted by scottd60:

I'm #10

So close...

I recieved a call from Max yesterday and now mine is on it's way

Thanks again!
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 03/01/05 05:24 PM
Got a call today from Max as well and settled up payment. Should be shipped at the end of next week
Good afternoon everyone

I thought it was time for me to log on and introduce myself to you all. I am Maxwell Church and I will be handling all the final payments and shipping arrangments for your Competition Subframes.

ATI Performance Engineering has begun to ship the subframes. I will ship them in order of final payment. Everyone on NVSVT's list will recieve the $250 +shipping price so do not panic, I will contact everyone on the list.

The first batch have all been shipped, we are working on the next batch of 10 to 15 units. They should be ready for shippment on Friday.

I have all final pricing available for everyone on the list so if you want to contact me at work (M-F 730 to 1700) at either of the two phone numbers listed we can make final arrangments, either by credit card or money order.

Thank you for your orders.

248-848-9200 ext 131
248-894-2219 direct.
Originally posted by MaxwellChurch:
Good afternoon everyone

I thought it was time for me to log on and introduce myself to you all. I am Maxwell Church and I will be handling all the final payments and shipping arrangments for your Competition Subframes.

ATI Performance Engineering has begun to ship the subframes. I will ship them in order of final payment. Everyone on NVSVT's list will recieve the $250 +shipping price so do not panic, I will contact everyone on the list.

The first batch have all been shipped, we are working on the next batch of 10 to 15 units. They should be ready for shippment on Friday.

I have all final pricing available for everyone on the list so if you want to contact me at work (M-F 730 to 1700) at either of the two phone numbers listed we can make final arrangments, either by credit card or money order.

Thank you for your orders.

248-848-9200 ext 131
248-894-2219 direct.

Originally posted by fastcougar:
Got a call today from Max as well and settled up payment. Should be shipped at the end of next week

My bad ... I misheard Max ... End of THIS week, not next
Posted By: 04marauder Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 03/01/05 07:08 PM
Called and paid.
Posted By: eepals_dup1 Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 03/02/05 03:24 AM
Was wondering if people are reusing their old bolts/hardware or getting new? I have some #'s from a #5A772 jpg that I can't seem to link from my e-mail. It is a part breakdown of the rear sub frame and rear suspension. I am thinking of getting the following:
W500147-S309 - Bolt need 2 these, hold the front rear control arm to the subframe
W720204-S309 - nut need 2, nuts for bolts above
5K978 bolt (2) Bolts for adjusting rear alignment and secures (rear) rear control arm to SF
5K751 cam (2)
W703016-S306 (4) nuts for bolts above
W704186-S309 (4) bolts to hold subframe to car
QUESTION
What is the # of the Energy Suspension sway bar bracket/hardware we will need?
Bat Inc. is selling the same subframe for $375 now
Posted By: EternalOne Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 03/02/05 06:01 PM
Quote:

Was wondering if people are reusing their old bolts/hardware or getting new?

Well, since I've already got mine, I can tell you that the subframe includes bolts. (I will go to the car in a bit and 2x check for you on which ones it includes.) I know it has at least 4 bolts in a baggy attached to the part, tho.

E1
Posted By: MaxwellChurch Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 03/02/05 09:28 PM
For you information the W704186-S309 come in packages of 4, and there is a misprint the W720204-S309 it is really a W520204-S309.

The FoMoCo price for each of these totals $87.37 + tax. If there is any interest I'll put together a kit, including all fasteners for $ 78.85 + shipping.

Let me know if anyone is interested.
Posted By: MaxwellChurch Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 03/04/05 03:56 PM
It has been brought to my attention that MY98.5 Contour, Mystique and Cougar may have a clearance issue with the fuel tank. The drivers side swaybar bracket may not have enough material removed to clear the fuel tank. The Subframe will not bolt into place if this is the case.

Only the first batch of Subframes is affected, the second and third batch have been modified to correct this potential issue. The Subframes listed with BAT came from the second batch so their units will not have any issues.

MY99 and up are not affected and should not have any issues with clearance.

Those who have recieved the Subframe and own a vehicle MY98.5 or older should remove a small amount of material from the swaybar bracket for clearance, thsi should be less than 1/8" on the inboard side of the swaybar bracket.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sorry for the inconvience.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 03/04/05 06:08 PM
Max, thanks a million for the GB pricing & effort on your part! Very smooth GB thus far, I'm pleased. Got my subframe yesterday & I'm gonna PM a few questions...

JimR
Posted By: NVSVT ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 03/04/05 07:37 PM
Originally posted by MaxwellChurch:
It has been brought to my attention that MY98.5 Contour, Mystique and Cougar may have a clearance issue with the fuel tank. The driverâ??s side sway bar bracket may not have enough material removed to clear the fuel tank. The sub-frame will not bolt into place if this is the case.

Only the first batch of sub-frames is affected, the second and third batches have been modified to correct this potential issue. The sub-frames listed with BAT came from the second batch so their units will not have any issues.

MY99 and up are not affected and should not have any issues with clearance.

Those who have received the sub-frame and own a vehicle MY98.5 or older should remove a small amount of material from the sway bar bracket for clearance, this should be less than 1/8" on the inboard side of the sway bar bracket.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I wish I had known about this before you shipped my sub-frames from the first batch. I could have waited for them, and with a 1998 SVT Contour (produced 09/97) and a 1998.5 Contour SE Sport (produced 08/98) it would have been better to get my sub-frames from a later batch.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 03/04/05 08:05 PM
NVSVT, thanks to you as well for setting this all up & keeping track of the whole deal. I know it's a lot of work to coordinate, make sure everybody is taken care of, & get questions answered. Great job!
Posted By: EternalOne Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 03/06/05 05:00 PM
Doh, I could have waited, too, since I have an early 99 Cougar. No biggy tho, I'll just get out the grinder if it doesn't fit. :P

E1
Posted By: NVSVT ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 03/07/05 07:07 AM
E1,

My understanding is that none of the Cougar's had the fuel tank clearance problem, so you should be fine.
Posted By: EternalOne Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 03/07/05 06:53 PM
Ah, great. We'll see shortly, I'm about to do the whole set of suspension upgrades at once...

E1
Posted By: Frosty Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 03/08/05 03:10 AM
I'm in on the Aussie Bar GB and realized that I will be needing this to accompany it. Is it still possible to get in???
Posted By: docfeelgood111 Re: ATI Sub-Frame Group Buy - 03/08/05 05:47 AM
The group buy is over but you can still buy it off of their site. Link to the site . BTW they are great to deal with.
My ATI subframe came Wednesday...now just waiting for the weather to warm up a little so I can install the following suspension parts.

ATI Subframe
RCR (Bradness) Tubular Toe Control Arms
BAT 21mm Rear Sway Bar
ES Sway Bar Bushings
Aussie S/S Endlinks
Koni adj. (w/Eibach's)
Posted By: R_G Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 03/11/05 11:43 PM
What's "RCR (Bradness) Tubular Toe Control Arms"?
What's "RCR (Bradness) Tubular Toe Control Arms"?

Actually should be "RR" for "Redcoat Racing" not really official but it is supposed to be the name for Brad's (bradness) new business. He was formerly linked to "Performance Fords" but has moved on to do his own thing
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=susp&Number=835249&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&vc=1
Posted By: R_G Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 03/12/05 12:12 AM
How did I miss these???? D'ya know whther he still makes 'em? Thanks.
Posted By: R_G Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 03/12/05 12:22 AM
NM, I PM'ed him. Still wondering how the hell did I miss the stuff....
Posted By: EternalOne Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 03/12/05 03:17 PM
Damn, how in the hell did I miss those, too!

I've got tons of parts ready to install, as soon as it stops SNOWING HERE! I hate Michigan...

E1

How did I miss these???? D'ya know whther he still makes 'em? Thanks.

Damn, how in the hell did I miss those, too!

I've got tons of parts ready to install, as soon as it stops SNOWING HERE! I hate Michigan...

E1

You guys need to read the "Suspension Forum" more

I'm also getting a "Street Link" from Brad as well...it replaces the "Stab-O-Shoc". His products are top quality and very professionaly made. Don't think twice about dealing with Brad he is a great guy to deal with.
Posted By: R_G Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 03/16/05 10:32 PM
Got my stuff today.
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 03/17/05 09:08 PM
Got my stuff last week. I wonder if its worth power coating it. Thoughts anyone?
Posted By: R_G Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 03/17/05 11:47 PM
Got my stuff last week. I wonder if its worth power coating it.

Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 03/18/05 04:24 AM
Got my stuff last week. I wonder if its worth power coating it.

No.
alright got a new subframe in the mail. just a basic question; when swapping the old with the new.all i need after is an alignment? anything else to keep in mind? oh and keep me posted on those tubular control arms. thanks to nvsvt and ati (maxwell) for setting it up and making it happen.
Posted By: bensenvill Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 03/19/05 04:40 AM
is there any chance of getting another group buy on this. maybe not as steep of a price-break but something?
Posted By: NVSVT Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 03/20/05 12:39 AM
Originally posted by bensenvill:
is there any chance of getting another group buy on this. maybe not as steep of a price-break but something?

ATI MIGHT BE making the "Aussie" bar and IF they do there is a chance of getting Maxwell Church to do another sub-frame group buy in connection with it.

I suggest that you contact fastcougar if you want to make it happen; he wants to be the only contact for the "Aussie" bar group buy.
Posted By: bensenvill Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 03/20/05 09:59 PM
thats why I ask my questions here rather than immediately contacting ATI
Hey guys, Dennis Grant here from ATI.

We're not against doing another group buy on the subframes. I know we have a bunch of the replacement mounts in stock, and I think we may actually have some converted and not-yet-converted subframes in stock.

If you guys want to get another one going, we're up for it.

As far as the bar goes... this has proved a little bit more difficult. The main problem has been sourcing metric tubular steel in a suitable alloy and then finding someone with the tooling that can bend it.

We can do the bar, but it looks like we can only make it happen if we get preorders for 200 of them (we have to buy a lot of steel to get the price down)

As it turns out, there's a non-metric size that is within a couple of thousandths of an inch of the OD of the metric bar (such that the bushing suppliers only stock one size for both diameters) and Max is going to try and have the job requoted using that steel instead of the metric stuff. Our suspicion is that it'll either be cheaper outright, and/or we won't have to buy as large a quantity.

We'll keep you posted as we get details.

Unfortunately, this project is running into the typical bane of short-run jobs; that the unit price is stupid expensive unless the quantity comes way up.

The specs on the bar look good though. We're going to properly heat-treat it like a real race car bar (it adds suprisingly little to the price, and it adds a lot of strength and repeatability to the bar)

If you really want it, y'all need to start gathering the clans and get the ball rolling on the group buy. As it sits right now, we won't be able to do the bar unless we get pretty close to an entire production run presold.

DG
Posted By: 04marauder Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 06/21/05 04:29 PM
I didn't realize there was any real interest in another subframe group buy.
Other than one person who had inquired about it quite a while ago.
If someone needs just one take a peek at my sig.
It looks like the real demand (not by me) right now is for the sway bar.
Posted By: morbid Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 06/21/05 04:38 PM
Replying here, even though this belongs in the aussie bar thread...

Dennis... on May 27th, Maxwell asked if 15/16" tube would be ok to replace the 24mm tube, and the same day Stazi said that would work. So since then, we have no longer been expecting 24mm tubes, but thought work was being done towards the 15/16" tube solution.
Posted By: Ronan_dup1 Re: Interest Check on ATI Rear Sub-Frame - 06/24/05 08:59 PM
I might have to get in on another g/b for this, as I still havent recieved my sub frame from the first group buy!!!!
how many have you got so far and is it tooo late to get in on this?
Posted By: 95SE_ATL Sway Bar Bracket? - 08/30/05 08:38 PM
Can someone post the part number for the swaybar brackets you used for the ATI subframe?

The Ford brackets have a tab on one end, whereas the ATI frame is set up for a bolt on each end of the bracket. This thing is partially installed, and all I need are the brackets.

Thanks.

Jeff
Posted By: morbid Re: Sway Bar Bracket? - 08/30/05 08:58 PM
i just got an Energy Suspension universal kit for the sway bar size. It'll come with the brackets and urethane bushings. I had to grind ALOT off the corner of the drivers side bracket so it would clear the gas tank.
Posted By: 95SE_ATL Re: Sway Bar Bracket? - 08/30/05 09:46 PM
Morbid,

Thanks! That's what I'll do.

Jeff
© CEG Archives