Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Aspire CF trunk possibility - 01/17/05 09:47 PM
As they say on the radio, "long time listener first time caller"

Actually I have posted just a few things on CEG, and all recently. To get to the point, I was talking with a guy out of LA who is could do a GB for a CF trunk. Before I get blasted, I am just running a general interest check. I have been a voyeur here for a while and have seen a lot of talk from a few people who claim they would give their left, well you know, for a CF trunk. How genuine is the interest?

The contact indicated that we would need ten orders and possibly a trunk to create the mold from. It was my initial thought that the Pre '98 trunk would be the one to make a mold from.

Maybe we can just get some discussion from people who are genuinely interest in something like this. Of course, everyone is going to want to know cost and timing, I am very vague on these points at this infantile stage. Bottom line, if the CF trunk was less than $400 how many would be interested?

Posted By: Aspire Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/17/05 10:14 PM
One more thing,

The whole process of design and manufacture would be in the Los Angeles area
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/17/05 10:38 PM
Call Me "Old-Fashioned", But I Really Like The Look Of Carbon Fiber On The T-Red And Silver Frost Tours...That Being Said, There Are A Few Other Priorities On My To-Do List Other Than The Trunk, However If The Extra Cash Was Rolling Around Under My Kitchen Cabinet, I Would Definitely Be A Buyer For This Mod! As Most People Will State This Would Be All About The Timing. Of Course The Quality Would Be A Deciding Factor And A Reputable CF Company MUST BE USED!!! Other Wise Plopping Down $400+ Dollars After Shipping Would Really Be A Tough Decision. Maybe Look Into The Company That Made Our Carbon Fiber Hoods...They Seemed To Do A Great Job, Turn Around Time Took Awhile But Things Such As These Take time From Development To Completed Project...But Perhaps Youd Have A Little More Negotiating Room With A Company That Knows We Will Produce Buyers...
Posted By: m!key Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/17/05 11:17 PM
interest.
Posted By: Plastique_synthetiX_dup1 Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/17/05 11:33 PM
I'm interested....
Posted By: Rance Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/17/05 11:46 PM
also very interested
Posted By: Dj Perico Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Rance:
also very interested

Posted By: BaggedSVT Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 12:52 AM
interested in 98+
Posted By: TGO Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 12:53 AM
Show me a trunk lid for that price and i'll show..err give you $400.
Posted By: Aspire Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 01:04 AM
As far as that price goes I tried to get as much information out the guy as I could, he was vague until he could see one of the trunks up close and see the complexity of the job. just checking interest at this point, thank you for your reply
Posted By: Aspire Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 01:05 AM
You do realize that the early trunk fits the '98+?
Posted By: Swazo Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 01:38 AM
I would only be interested in one that has great fitment and high quality of work. Do you have any examples of this guys work? Would these allow the use of the pre-98 reflectors? Would they have that 'oh so cool' factory lip spoiler?

I'm interested for the most part
Posted By: slingersvt Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 01:47 AM
I've got a T-Red Trunk lid from my 98 CSVT just laying around.....I put a pre-98 trunk lid on instead. I haven't put it in the classifieds but if this project goes through I would be willing to "donate" my trunk lid for shipping plus like $20 or something......it's just taking up space in my garage and I'm too lazy to post it in the classifieds, etc.

As for my interest in the CB trunk lid.....I'll most likely hold off as I'm sure interest will spike when the first wave comes out, thus allowing for a second group buy at a later date.

PM if you still need a trunk lid.

Later.

Mike
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 02:35 AM
Interested.....I got another trunk also.

If this was definite....I can send it to you.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 02:49 AM
only if its the pre98 w/the previously stated "oh so cool" lip spoiler, who am i kidding i'll take either one, put me in on the for sure list!!! i waited for a year to get my cf hood in the first group buy,so i hope if this goes down it doesnt take that long, i hope this happens soon, w/all this extra money i seem to be buying anything in my sight!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 03:12 AM
very interested in a 98+ trunk.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 03:46 AM
Originally posted by LoCoZs/c:
Interested.....I got another trunk also.

If this was definite....I can send it to you.

98+ interested......and I have a 98+ trunk to donate.
Posted By: m!key Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 03:54 AM
make one like this. dont bother with the post 98.

thanks to tour96se for the use of the pic.
Posted By: Robsdaace Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 04:01 AM
VERY interested in the post 98+ Trunk Lids. Since it will match with my upcoming Cf hood!
Posted By: ContourSVT98 Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 04:10 AM
photochop anyone???

-dan
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 05:35 AM
Very interested in Pre 98 CF trunklid with molded on lip spoiler. Under $400 shipped and we have a deal!
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 06:33 AM
No disrespect meant here...

1. I refuse to give money "up front" anymore
2. I definitely will not give money to someone registered for 1 month with 10 posts
3. There have been too many GB ripoffs - by "veteran" CEGers even

Come up with a product with pics and a price and I'd be interested.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 06:45 AM
I can understand being paranoid but you know no company will produce a one off product like this without having definite buyers.

The route you want to take wont work with the Contour...
Posted By: Aspire Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 06:58 AM
Alright then, it looks like there is some interest! From what I have seen and heard in regards to former GBs this is the easy part.

First issue some want pre '98 some post '98, I am 99% sure we will be deciding on one or the other.

Second, we all know the odds of getting the guy to invest in a product without the dedicated buyers, but I don't mind negotiating, although none of us would wisely get our hopes up for a post commitment example.

Third, as far as the spoiler goes, who knows we will try and develop a concensus and go from there. One of us has a trunk that he is willing to lend for the mold I will relay that information and some other pictures that have been provided tomorrow and talk some more.

Thank you for all the positive response, I just want a CF trunk and we cant do it without each other.

In response to the guy who is skeptical due to my lack of posts, I understand. If there is anyone who is local (Southern Cal) that you know and trust I will be glad to meet up with them as I am trying to get to know some of the local guys anyway (Dan from painted headlight group buy, watch out he uses much foul language jk Dan).

I will post sometime after lunch tomorrow Pacific time, my employer is having a company meeting through lunch.

Thanks Again.

Posted By: Aspire Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 06:59 AM
I meant pre commitment example
Posted By: WildChild Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 08:21 AM
I'm interested, and live in San Diego, but was born and raised in LA. You should PM me info this guy so I can drive up to check him/his shop out. I'm at my parents house like every other weekend, or whenever I fill like driving up thier. It would be my pleasure to come up to LA on business for a chance, besides leisure.

Rob
Posted By: SVT99SLO Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 08:39 AM
very interested as well.
Posted By: DemonOfSteel Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 08:44 AM
I might be interested, but not sure. I'll think about that when more infos will be given...
Posted By: R_G Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 12:08 PM
Originally posted by SVT PETE:

2. I definitely will not give money to someone registered for 1 month with 10 posts

What Pete said. Don't mean to piss on your parade but the teeny weeny "eyelids" project took like 4 months and so many other GBs went wrong, failed or got badly delayed. No up-fronts here, but with the finished product - def interested.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 01:59 PM
Originally posted by R_G:
Originally posted by SVT PETE:

What Pete said. Don't mean to piss on your parade but the teeny weeny "eyelids" project took like 4 months and so many other GBs went wrong, failed or got badly delayed. No up-fronts here, but with the finished product - def interested.

pre 98 carbon fiber hood group buy took over a year, andy body kit...what about two years or something ,i would give a deposit,but that is it
Posted By: Aspire Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 07:03 PM
Thanks for all the interest, comments and suggestions. I am going to try to get more details today and post later on
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 09:05 PM
see sig, i'm so interested it hurts

as for the funding issue, have your guy come up with a price for creating the mold and things nessicary to make the trunk, perhaps we can come up with a fund to pay for that, then he can sell the trunks seperately, perhaps at a discount to those who pitched in for the mold. that way noones out much money if we get hosed and the maker will have a commitment.
Posted By: Stazi Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 09:11 PM
I'm interested too. And I'm thinking Pre-98 with spoiler BUT withOUT the recesses for the inner reflectors, so it'd be all smooth back there?

Can someone photshop that white trunk like that and make it CF to see what it looks like?
Posted By: Aspire Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 10:24 PM
You read my mind Demon or I read yours depending who had the idea first (probably you). I have just inquired about how much would be necessary to get the mold down along with a prototype will get back to everyone soon.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 11:14 PM
I have talked to Carbon Fiber One who makes our cowl hoods and they have been contemplating on making a trunk for us for some time now. These guys might be able to make our trunks for us because they know how many people are interested in the carbon. Just a thought...maybe i will give them a call.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:
I'm interested too. And I'm thinking Pre-98 with spoiler BUT withOUT the recesses for the inner reflectors, so it'd be all smooth back there?

Can someone photshop that white trunk like that and make it CF to see what it looks like?

I'd be interested but not with the lip spoiler molded in as part of the trunk lid. That would eliminate the option to use other spoilers...everyone may not necessarily want a permanent lip spoiler. Now if they could make a CF lip spoiler that you could add or remove if you like that would be fine. There are lots of CF spoilers and dare I say wings out there that some might rather have over a permanent the lip spoiler. Not sure about the all smooth back or not, the lines might add a needed contrast...I'd have to see it both ways.
Posted By: Aspire Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 11:46 PM
To the guys who are either with or without lip spoiler. I have been told that the lip spoiler would be difficult to do as a molded in addition, it would likely have to be a separate piece. The lip spoiler being made will not become the focus of this group buy at this time, lets try and focus on the trunk. If we can get something firm going with the trunk we will revisit the possibility of the lip spoiler for the trunk.

Thank You
Posted By: m!key Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/18/05 11:49 PM
I'm thinking Pre-98 with spoiler BUT withOUT the recesses for the inner reflectors, so it'd be all smooth back there?

i agree. it would be sweet and would be easier for the CF mold as well.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/19/05 12:12 AM
Originally posted by mikey boy:
I'm thinking Pre-98 with spoiler BUT withOUT the recesses for the inner reflectors, so it'd be all smooth back there?

i agree. it would be sweet and would be easier for the CF mold as well.

Kinda like Deans trunk? That would be hella sweetness
Posted By: BaBySHO419 Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/19/05 12:40 AM
ugh why do all the good group buys have to happen when i dont have a job ne more. lol
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/19/05 12:55 AM
You may want to hold of on making a trunk. There may already be something in the works .
Posted By: m!key Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/19/05 12:58 AM
well then spill it! PM me if you have to. and what about dashes?!
Posted By: BaBySHO419 Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/19/05 01:03 AM
what ever happened to the CF door panels?
all i member is they were askin too much er somthin.
Posted By: Aspire Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/19/05 01:18 AM
Well I will keep working on this until we get concrete word CF1 is doing the trunk.
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/19/05 02:57 AM
Originally posted by livinsvt:
You may want to hold of on making a trunk. There may already be something in the works .

I will back that up!
Posted By: JB1 Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/19/05 03:30 AM
i heard a, lets say reliable rumor back in july.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/19/05 03:36 AM
man this post just keeps gettin' better
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/19/05 04:56 AM
Originally posted by tour96se:
man this post just keeps gettin' better

Yeah it does. I need to sell my regular CF hood and get a cowl one first though. Sometime in the next month or so.
Posted By: Aspire Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/19/05 04:57 PM
I remember seeing the post that eluded to a new interior and a new exterior product for us this year. Do we want to wait around until CF one decides to give us what we want, or should I keep working on this?
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/19/05 05:36 PM
Keep Working, Maybe Youll Get Better Prices...Maybe Not.....
Posted By: carraudio Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/19/05 10:01 PM
It never hurts to try.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/19/05 10:23 PM
keep trying.. the carbon cowl hood from cf1 did not turn out all that great. swirls in carbon and white specs in clearcoat over whole hood. Cf1 said it was because it was hand made and there is nothing they could do about it. It was not the only one either because i saw one on ebay selling cheap with the same issue. I would buy fenders,trunk,doorpanels,dash kits...pretty much anything you guys can come up with.
Posted By: R_G Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/20/05 12:21 AM
Originally posted by svtProdigy:
I would buy doorpanels, dash kits... pretty much anything you guys can come up with.

Posted By: WildChild Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/20/05 01:18 AM
Originally posted by R_G:
I would buy doorpanels, dash kits... pretty much anything you guys can come up with.

Posted By: svtProdigy Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/20/05 01:21 AM
trying to make my car a show car...presentable but race light.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 OK...Relax - 01/20/05 03:30 AM
Alright, Alright guys. No need for all the impatient pm's. I have been away, or comast won't let me on . CF1 has been working on designs off and on since late November early December. With the help of a couple Cegers, providing input and some material. I choose not to say anything yet, because usualy once the word is out, all hell brakes loose. Our plan as usual was to just come out with it when its ready, and offer up a group discount on the first batch or two. No need for money up front, as we all no that doesn't work well at all. I thought I would just throw a little disclaimer out there so no one has to spend any money or copious amount of time to get this GB off the ground.

The final details are not set in stone yet. But if we get our way, everyone will be very pleased. I can say that many of the ideas that have been posted on this thread, have already been takin into consideration. Pricing, although not set in stone either, will be expensive. Were probaly looking at or around the cost of a "New" Cowl hood($500+). Not sure of GB prices yet. Completion time is set for around Mid March- early April. Thats it for now. I will not be posting updates or pictures, as that usualy gives false hopes.

Please Read

I am in no way trying to stop this GB. If you choose to procede, by all means.
Refrain from emailing/calling Cf1. No need to disrupt there daily flow. There "extremly" busy. I gaurentee its already in the line up. Refrain from asking for updates, because I myself will not be giving them out(Maybe when it gets close to final production). For those that don't know, making a carbon trunk is actualy harder than making a hood(requires two molds). Hence the reason we have two hoods on the market. When I originaly contacted them, that was my sole plan just to get a trunk made. But at the time they wanted 3k for mold costs. So we experimented with the hoods. Since those went well, they are now able to offer a trunk, without asking for money. Which rarley happens for Contour owners anymore. So now everyone knows about the trunk, you have plenty of time to stash some cash away, and be prepared when it comes for Summer . You will likey .
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Relax - 01/20/05 03:50 AM

Sorry Mikey, the dash didin't work out . I had sent them a dash about a year ago. There were trying to do Porsche dash made of similar material, and it diidn't work out. Sorry
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Relax - 01/20/05 03:57 AM
sweettttttttttttt.........should have it/them just in time for sz and fords at carlisle..........the old lady is gonna hate or leave me after the next couple of months
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: Relax - 01/20/05 01:45 PM
Originally posted by livinsvt:

Sorry Mikey, the dash didin't work out . I had sent them a dash about a year ago. There were trying to do Porsche dash made of similar material, and it diidn't work out. Sorry

Wasn't that my old dash? I was guessing you had some plans for it. Too bad it couldn't work out
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Relax - 01/20/05 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:

Wasn't that my old dash? I was guessing you had some plans for it. Too bad it couldn't work out

Yes, I beleive it was. I wish it could have worked out. Oh well its going to good use for a fellow ceger.

Now weres all the excitment I expected
Posted By: Aspire Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/20/05 05:13 PM
Well there it is, we are promised something in the future.

Does everyone want to call this thing off or go ahead?
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Relax - 01/21/05 02:51 AM
i'll be more excited when i know if its a pre or post 98, that way if i need to i can get the correct corner lenses!!!,other than that my gf can tell you how happy i am
Posted By: carraudio Re: Relax - 01/21/05 05:13 PM
I wouldn't mind getting one, but the only CF hood for the pre98 is the plane one. I would want one with a scoop on it.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Relax - 01/21/05 05:27 PM
Originally posted by carraudio:
I wouldn't mind getting one, but the only CF hood for the pre98 is the plane one. I would want one with a scoop on it.

Ah this is for a trunk. One size fits all, 95-00
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: Relax - 01/22/05 04:46 PM
Originally posted by tour96se:
i'll be more excited when i know if its a pre or post 98, that way if i need to i can get the correct corner lenses!!!

I still need to read the thread, but I would only consider it if it is 98+. I dont want to redo my LED taillights.
Posted By: Aspire Re: Relax - 01/25/05 04:47 PM
It looks like we don't have enough interest for this one at this time. I will look forward to the product that CF1 provides us, if it is not what everyone wants we can revisit this later.

Thank You
Posted By: shysta3369 Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/26/05 05:39 PM
interested it it is a post 98+
Posted By: Aspire Re: CF trunk possibility - 01/26/05 05:44 PM
It's over for now unless someone else wants to pick it up. Awaiting product from CF1
Posted By: GrandMasterKhan Re: Relax - 01/26/05 05:48 PM
I appreciate your efforts to bring the CEGers new Carbon Fiber products.

Perhaps you should try over on FastCougar.com/forums for a CF trunk lid. (hatchback) I can see interest on fastcougar much more so than here on CEG.

I understand you may be busy. If this seems like something which intrests you please post on Fastcougar when you have some spare time. (along with photos of similar products)

Posted By: Aspire Re: Relax - 01/26/05 05:53 PM
Thanks Grand Master,

THe primary reason I was doing this is because my fellow Contourphiles seemed to have a demand for a CF trunk, I also want one badly. At this time we are promised a trunk in the near future from CF1, interest pretty much fizzled. I am not a Cougar guy so I will let some other enterprising person look into providing Cougar guys with a CF hatch.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Relax - 02/24/05 05:24 AM
Any updates?
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Relax - 02/24/05 05:26 AM
i know..........berfore i run out of money here
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Relax - 02/24/05 05:41 AM
Just hang on a little longer!
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: Relax - 02/24/05 04:04 PM
its coming very soon.. i can't wait!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Relax - 02/24/05 10:50 PM
No ETA?
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: Relax - 02/24/05 11:54 PM
i was told march. If i really wanted to i could have the very first one but i would rather the guy putting this altogether take the glory since he would be helping me out since i want one. give the glory to who gives the effort.
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: CF trunk - 02/25/05 11:35 PM
i was told march. If i really wanted to i could have the very first one but i would rather the guy putting this altogether take the glory since he would be helping me out since i want one. give the glory to who gives the effort.

Which company are you talking about? With whom did you talk to?
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: CF trunk - 02/26/05 12:59 AM
carbon fiber one of course.. hmmmm.... ah....jacob, had a hard time remembering.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: CF trunk possibility - 02/26/05 05:05 PM
keep trying.. the carbon cowl hood from cf1 did not turn out all that great. swirls in carbon and white specs in clearcoat over whole hood. Cf1 said it was because it was hand made and there is nothing they could do about it.

I don't know where you came up with that--mine is fine. I haven't heard of anyone else complaining about the finish either. There were some problems with the latch but not the finish.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: CF trunk possibility - 02/26/05 09:22 PM
you are joking right.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: CF trunk possibility - 02/26/05 09:27 PM
You don't search very much. I grabbed this off the top of my head. Some came out fine and then some came looking like [censored] or BROKEN like mine did the first time. Guess its just my bad luck again huh

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7956844730&category=33646&sspagename=WDVW

Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: CF trunk possibility - 02/26/05 10:03 PM
Alright I have had about enough of your crap. I have been nice, but here it ends. You obviously do not know what your talking about. You keep spouting off things wich you know nothing about. The hood in that auction and the one you bought are both "blemished" hoods. Thats why you pay less. Every manufacture of carbon fiber has issues with blemishes. You just don't see them as much. The cowl hoods are most suceptible to the blemishes as they are of a complex design, and are harder to remove from the mold without issues. It doesn't happen very often, and rarly ever with the oem style. The manufacture figures they can offer them up to the consumer at a discounted rate, for those that are not looking for show, and/or plan on painting the hood. You are the only person to date that has complained to me. You were impatient and kept calling me wanting your hood overnighted for the same shipping cost, and wanted me to do something about your shipping damage. Well I was nice and made some calls and did what I could. You didn't even buy it from me .

To think you would have recived the first trunk lid, your crazy. I can tell you that was never even considered. You could be second or third at best. Just ask Dion.....

Everyone else, information about the trunk and release were already metnioned and dicsussed a few pages\months ago. Its still Febuary, but I know your anxious. Like I said save your pennies, you won't be disapointed.
I hope I have earned your trust by now,lol!

As far as I am concerned this thread maybe locked, a new one will be created when its time. Thank you
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: CF trunk possibility - 02/26/05 10:40 PM
boo-yah [censored]
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: CF trunk possibility - 02/27/05 12:17 AM
ahhh now i know who you are. Yeah they sent my original hood broken. I needed the hood so i could roll the fenders out. My car sat for 2 weeks. because of it costing my a LOT or money. $450 for the rental car. I realize i did not buy it from you and none of this is your fault. Why so ornory? Making profit off of these. I DID NOT PAY LESS! I PAID $450!
I should get what i paid for!Money makes considerations. I have other projects in mind i have to talk to cf1 about.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: CF trunk possibility - 02/27/05 03:07 AM
ahhh now i know who you are. Yeah they sent my original hood broken. I needed the hood so i could roll the fenders out. My car sat for 2 weeks. because of it costing my a LOT or money. $450 for the rental car. I realize i did not buy it from you and none of this is your fault. Why so ornory? Making profit off of these. I DID NOT PAY LESS! I PAID $450!
I should get what i paid for!Money makes considerations. I have other projects in mind i have to talk to cf1 about.

$450 shipped? Make money on these, ah yea you could say so, see my sig . I be the whole reason cf1 makes anything for a tour. So thats why I am a little ornory. Sorry
Posted By: JB1 Re: CF trunk possibility - 02/27/05 04:18 AM
svtprodigy...you are causing as much if not more trouble than another, now banned, ceg'er named hitman.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: CF trunk possibility - 02/27/05 06:46 AM
hey just sayin it like it is...i speak the truth nothing but the truth. question me i HAVE ANSWERS.
Posted By: Robsdaace Re: CF trunk possibility - 02/27/05 06:11 PM
why was hitman banned?
Posted By: SAV Re: CF trunk possibility - 02/27/05 06:39 PM
For the same exact reasons our little child prodigy here will be.

All talk and no brain filling a skull thicker than the broad side of a barn.

-SAV
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: CF trunk possibility - 02/28/05 03:23 AM
hey just sayin it like it is...i speak the truth nothing but the truth. question me i HAVE ANSWERS.

But are they correct answers?

As for the trunk lid, everyone just be patient. It's coming sooner than later......
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: CF trunk possibility - 02/28/05 03:26 AM
just saying what jacob told me but yeah theres no rush .We want them to take their time and get this right.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: CF trunk possibility - 03/01/05 04:07 PM
ahhh now i know who you are. I DID NOT PAY LESS! I PAID $450!

YOU DID PAY LESS! With between $130 and $150 shipping, you paid alot less than we did for unblemished hoods. And the ebay site you referred to clearly says it's for blemished hoods. You clearly have nothing to complain about and nothing worthwhile to say. I have no problems with cf1 and Brett. They provided a quality product at a competitive price. End of story.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: CF trunk possibility - 03/01/05 04:14 PM
Don't come on here ranting when you obviously didn't read every word or know the whole story.! The HOOD WAS BLEMISHED AND I PAID FOR A "NON_BLEMISHED HOOD" my bill came to $550 with SHIPPING! Period! and that was a cut of the shipping price because they sent the original broken so back off! I am over it and this was so a few days ago.
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: CF trunk possibility - 03/01/05 04:25 PM
Don't come on here ranting when you obviously didn't read every word or know the whole story.! The HOOD WAS BLEMISHED AND I PAID FOR A "NON_BLEMISHED HOOD" my bill came to $550 with SHIPPING! Period! and that was a cut of the shipping price because they sent the original broken so back off! I am over it and this was so a few days ago.

I DID NOT PAY LESS! I PAID $450!

Page nine....I edited the other stuff out.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: CF trunk possibility - 03/01/05 04:25 PM
$450 FOR THE HOOD ALONE...$550 WITH SHIPPING AND THAT WAS A BREAK ON SHIPPING BECAUSE LIVINSVT HELPED ME OUT. THANKS LIVINSVT

anyways good morning everyone....
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: CF trunk possibility - 03/03/05 01:35 AM
Originally posted by dion:

As for the trunk lid, everyone just be patient. It's coming sooner than later......

SOONERRRR!!!!

show season is upon me!!!
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: CF trunk possibility - 03/03/05 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Speed Demon:
Originally posted by dion:

SOONERRRR!!!!

show season is upon me!!!

I know, I'm getting geared up myself....it's getting there, trust me.

BTW, your sig states that you have a carbon fiber trunk lid.
Posted By: m!key Re: CF trunk possibility - 03/03/05 03:38 AM
he wants a CF trunk like a lot of people on here.
Posted By: Swazo Re: CF trunk possibility - 03/03/05 04:06 AM
Originally posted by gots ta read da whole thing :
will do/pay just about anything for the following parts:
CF trunk

Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: CF trunk possibility - 03/07/05 06:47 PM
yes yes yes cf trunk lid,,,i am sooooooo in....shave the rear reflector.....
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: CF trunk possibility - 03/07/05 09:04 PM
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
yes yes yes cf trunk lid,,,i am sooooooo in....shave the rear reflector.....

This project is solely that of Carbon Fiber One. I don't think the rear reflector will be shaved, but I don't know anything of the project other than it's based of the 98+ Contour and 95+ Mystique trunk.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: CF trunk possibility - 03/07/05 10:37 PM
do you know the progress on it???i would love to get one, i found a site online today where you can get cf side view mirrors and fuel tank door...

http://www.street-concepts.net/contourproducts.html

more cf ,,,less weight
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: CF trunk possibility - 03/08/05 12:41 AM
do you know the progress on it???i would love to get one, i found a site online today where you can get cf side view mirrors and fuel tank door...

more cf ,,,less weight

I actually was susposed to get a set of the CF mirrors, but craig is hella busy so he never got back to me. I talked to him about a CF healiner and some other stuff. The guy is incredible with the stuff.
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: CF trunk possibility - 03/08/05 03:11 AM

more cf ,,,less weight

The mirrors and fuel door are overlays, so they're actually the same weight (technically more since he'd be adding material). But since the mirrors and fuel door are plastic, I doubt CF would actually weigh that much less.

Progress seems to be well, but I'm not sure as to the time frame of when it will be ready for production.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: CF trunk possibility - 03/08/05 03:12 AM
I want a CF trunk!!!!
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: CF trunk possibility - 03/08/05 03:19 AM
Originally posted by LoCoZsc:
I want a CF trunk!!!!

but the $$$ is a BIG issue.

~Alex
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: CF trunk possibility - 03/08/05 03:22 AM
Originally posted by SVT Driver627:
Originally posted by LoCoZsc:
I want a CF trunk!!!!

but the $$$ is a BIG issue.

~Alex

As long as it isn't like $600 I want one!
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: CF trunk possibility - 03/08/05 03:29 AM
Has anyone been able to give a rough estimate of the expected cost?

~Alex
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: CF trunk possibility - 03/08/05 03:42 AM
not really just a "its gonna cost around or more than the cf hood did" type reply...which means only like 5 or 6 people will be stupid enough to actually get one, including me
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: CF trunk possibility - 03/10/05 03:30 PM
Dion is correct. Those photos of the side mirrors are mine. They are overlays as well as the fuel door. Very good stuff.
© CEG Archives