Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Pole120 poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 12/27/04 07:35 PM
well, the interest was such that i have decided to go thru with this.

there will be two ways to get in on this GB-

1) Send me your rear trans mount(roll resistor) to fill
cost: $60
turnaround: four buisness days from when i recieve your mount

2) I order a new core, fill it, and send it to you
cost: $100 (includes refundable core charge of $40)
turnaround: four buisness days from when i recieve the mount i must order(may take upwards of a week)

note- those requiring a core must pay the core charge of $40 in advance, and the remaining $60 is due when your mount is ready to ship

i take paypal as well as moneyorders(details can be given through PMs

*color choices for the housing are red, black, grey, and silver.

any questions feel free to ask, and anyone with extra rear mounts for sale, please pm me.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 12/28/04 03:53 PM
just got a shipment of cores in.....first person to claim one will have their mount shipped monday.
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 12/28/04 07:13 PM
My 94A poly'd mount arrived today.

Thank you, pole120.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 12/28/04 07:16 PM
Originally posted by PDXSVT:
My 94A poly'd mount arrived today.

Thank you, pole120.

you're very welcome, appreciate your buisness
I'll take one! Paypal?@
Order'd mine!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 12/31/04 05:35 PM
i'll have it shipped out monday, should take about two days from WI to MI.
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 01/04/05 06:03 AM
Got mine today! It's been powdercoated red! It's so nice, I just want to look at it! I like the way it was packaged also! It's very professional, and very impressive looking! I need to take pictures of it before I install it, it's that pretty!
I got mine yesterday. Thanks very much pole! It looks great.
Posted By: Stazi Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 01/04/05 08:03 PM
I'll take one as soon as you have another core ready. Just PM when you do and I'll paypal you.
Posted By: cavrs Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 01/04/05 09:20 PM
ill take one as soon as you get another core. PM me, or get ahold of me on AIM. i will paypal you, then send you my old mount, and be happy! thanks man!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 01/05/05 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:
I'll take one as soon as you have another core ready. Just PM when you do and I'll paypal you.

Originally posted by cavrs:
ill take one as soon as you get another core. PM me, or get ahold of me on AIM. i will paypal you, then send you my old mount, and be happy! thanks man!

i'm waiting on three cores right now, as soon as i get them you'll have first dibs.

I received mine today. Looks great! I will try to get it on tonight and send my core back to ya.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 01/15/05 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Stazi:

PM sent
Thankfully I am not going to be the only one who can shake change out of the coin holder with a good solid shift.

Oh wait, all four of mine are done.

Have fun with your mod guys, your going to like them.
All four do tell? Pics?
Posted By: Pole120 Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 01/17/05 05:21 PM
i'm developing the fixture for a full poly front roll resistor now, but haven't taken a look at the other mounts to investigate filling them.

considering the amount of NVH that arises from just doing a solid poly rear, i can't imagine what all four mounts fould be like.....bring some advil for the headache
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 01/18/05 06:16 AM
I'd love to get one of these but I just can't right now...
Are you still going to be offering these come April?
Posted By: Pole120 Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 01/18/05 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Bridge:

i'll do them as long as people need them , just contact me via PM when your ready

thanks
josh
Posted By: Pole120 Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 01/19/05 06:52 PM
Originally posted by cavrs:

PM sent
What do these help? Also what is NVH? How much does it effect the ride comfort? Thanks alot! Oh yea...one more thing these fit the cougar too right? I have a 2000 v6 mtx. Thanks guys!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 01/19/05 08:07 PM
poly roll resistors help to eliminate wheelhop which is very hard on the drivetrain.

NVH is Noise Vibration and Harshness, because these mounts are so stiff, more noise and vibration is transmitted to the cabin. it was very obvious when i first installed it, but is hardly noticeable anymore(you get used to it). the radio easly covers the vibration.

yes they fit any contour\cougar\mystique with the MTX-75
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 01/19/05 11:20 PM
due you guys recommend this over welding a metal rod to the mount and the sub-frame like adc is doing?
Would dynamat throughout the car take the noise from the car? Thanks for your reply!
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 01/20/05 12:30 AM
it would make your car extremely heavy. no need for this kind of mount if you are not racing. You don't want dyno-mat if you are racing either.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 01/20/05 12:31 AM
it might help though...
Posted By: Pole120 Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 01/20/05 05:27 AM
Originally posted by svtProdigy:
no need for this kind of mount if you are not racing.

NOT TRUE

wheel hop can occur at many different times, wet or snow covered roads are slick and in these conditions there are traction issues. if the wheels start to spin, there is a chance of wheel hop(i got it regularly in rain before i installed my mount).

as far as the noise concern, it's not THAT bad, just a bit louder than normal. dynamat may help this, but i can't say for sure, the dynamat would not help the vibration, but the radio easly tunes that and the noise.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 01/20/05 02:48 PM
i stand corrected...i guess what i meant to say just didn't come out right.
How long will this be going on? I would like to buy one but just bought my pistons from the other group buy. Also buying the rear tubular toe control arms... . Just don't have money at the moment to do these. Why is everything going on at once ...lol.
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 01/21/05 04:11 AM
Originally posted by pole120:
Originally posted by Bridge:

i'll do them as long as people need them , just contact me via PM when your ready

thanks
josh

Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
All four do tell? Pics?

When the car was apart getting its trans replaced I figured what the hell and filled them. Both roll resistors are solid (I removed the rubber, suspended the aluminum bushing and filled. The trans mount had the casting flash cut out of it, sealed on one side and filled. The engine mount had to be turned upside down to fill.

I guess I could snap pics.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 01/22/05 04:41 AM
i have one core here waiting for someone.

a paid order containing the color prefered placed by 2:00 tuesday will ship by the end of the week.
Posted By: Pole120 mystery core - 01/26/05 05:58 AM
i recieved a core today with no "from" address or name of any kind on it

if you have shipped me a mount please pm me and tell me the shipper used, and describe the mount and packaging to make sure it is indeed yours.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: mystery core - 01/26/05 07:14 AM
probly is mine...I shipped it fedex and they should have put a return address on it.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: mystery core - 01/26/05 07:24 AM
claimed thanks svtprodigy, she'll ship friday or monday at the latest(count on friday)
Posted By: Swazo Re: mystery core - 02/01/05 01:00 AM
Wow, top notch work!!!! I got my mounts today and am VERY happy with them! You cannot beat the price for what you get
Posted By: Stazi Re: mystery core - 02/01/05 03:57 PM
Josh I put mine i the other day (core and antenna are on their way back to you!), ver nice, wheel hop is basically history. More NVH, but that's fine

One thing I noticed when chaning my wheel bearings yesterday is that the front bushing on my driver's side A-Arm is toast is ripped so the A-Arm can slide up and down on the metal sleeve - not good. I suspect that what ramming 300hp throuhg the chassis does to those things. But it made me wonder. Could you do poly inserts instead of rubber there? It would be fantastic. My only question is do you think the polymer you use now is too stiff for that application due to the amount of angular movement that is required from thiese bushings. if so is there a slofter composition that would be better suited. In any case would you like to try out remolding my sleeves in my A-Arms as a trial?

Let me know - send me a PM. I can drop them and send them to you as soon as you like and we can give this a whirl. These busihings have been a problem for many a Contour owner and you may just have the be-allo f end-all solutions in your grasp!
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: mystery core - 02/01/05 04:02 PM
Damn you guys with your two-bolt A-arms!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: mystery core - 02/01/05 04:15 PM
Originally posted by dion:
Damn you guys with your two-bolt A-arms!

send me some 4-bolts too, i'll play with em, but no promises.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 02/02/05 09:55 PM
this mount is beutiful Thank you so much!!! My mechanic said he was impressed. He was going to make me a custom mount till you came along and started this so you have saved me alot of money Thanks again.

Brian
Posted By: Pole120 Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 02/04/05 04:50 PM
bump

4 cores in stock.
Make that five. I sent mine out on Friday. Wheel hop...gone. Love it!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 02/07/05 01:15 AM
when do you plan on stopping this, if ever? just curious because i may be interested down the road.

ive been keeping up with this GB, but i dont remember if you have ever mentioned this. sorry if you have.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 02/07/05 01:25 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Make that five. I sent mine out on Friday. Wheel hop...gone. Love it!

glad your happy with it, thanks for the orders everyone

thanks
josh

Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 02/07/05 01:43 AM
ah, thanks! thats great news. keep up the good work!
pix of the product please

does it really look any different from the rubber ones I already replaced?
I had both mounts done...

Posted By: Quick_SVT Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 02/07/05 07:58 PM
Man that looks like top notch work... i will definitely be ordering one from you soon!
well I replaced my mounts already last year I think.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 02/08/05 12:18 AM

Posted By: svtProdigy Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 02/08/05 12:30 AM
before picture!!!!!!!! Thanks!! this thing is definatlly worth the money!
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 02/08/05 12:53 AM

I almost want to get one as a paper weight! its so beutuful
Posted By: Harrry Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 02/08/05 01:30 AM
Can some one write up a how-to for this. that would be great if some one did that!! Anybody Bueller? Bueller?
Posted By: Pole120 Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 02/08/05 05:30 AM
i'm flatered you guys liked them so much you took pictures.

as far as a how to- just filling them is very simple, seal one side and fill.

i remove all the material from the inside of the rear mounts and re-cast the center shafts in only poly. the trick is keeping the shaft straight and centered. i have a jig and fixture to do so, i imagine it being prety dificult to do it my way without it.
Posted By: Harrry Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 02/08/05 06:36 AM
i'm flatered you guys liked them so much you took pictures.

as far as a how to- just filling them is very simple, seal one side and fill.

i remove all the material from the inside of the rear mounts and re-cast the center shafts in only poly. the trick is keeping the shaft straight and centered. i have a jig and fixture to do so, i imagine it being prety dificult to do it my way without it.

I'm sorry, let me elaborate, i meant a "how-to" on replacing these on your car. Make this one the the great How-too's on our how-too list. A step by step process of replacing this roll resistor.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: mounts only avail black - 02/15/05 01:19 AM
i got laid off today from my powder\ceramic coating job today so my resources at the company are limited for the time being. once i am re-employed all color choices will be available, but untill further notice the housings are now only available in black.

also- i have 3 cores avail at the moment;)

Josh
Posted By: Pole120 Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 02/17/05 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Mkingracing:

I'm sorry, let me elaborate, i meant a "how-to" on replacing these on your car. Make this one the the great How-too's on our how-too list. A step by step process of replacing this roll resistor.

my bad:must have overlooked this post-it's very simple....(these are for 98+, i don't know if pre98 instructions are different)

1)jack up car\support with stands

Front:
2)remove thru bolt from forward located mount(connects to subframe)
2)remove two nuts holding mount to subframe
3)remove mount

Rear:
2)remove three bolts holding mount to subframe
3)remove thru bolt from mount
3)catch mount as it falls on your chest

intall is reverse of removal

the only tools you'll need are a 15mm deep socket, a breaker bar, and a good size can of wd-40(not including the jack and stands).
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 02/19/05 03:26 AM
I guess I'm next. Money sent. Can't wait to get rid of wheel hop. It's getting so I almost see it all the time and I don't always get on it.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 02/21/05 12:52 AM
all cores are currently being processed for customers(sale pending on last one).

if need be i will order more as needed, those of you with cores please send them asap(greatly appreciated).

Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 02/21/05 01:11 AM
paypals been sent. cant wait.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 02/21/05 01:39 AM
I was just under my car today, and lookey what I found:

You have a PM, pole120
Posted By: Pole120 Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 02/21/05 02:15 AM
taken from interest check:
for thoseof you with this mount(95 only i understand)
i cannot do a core exchange

sorry, but in this case the core charge is non-refundable due to casting diferences and changes in internal design i can't re-work a 95 mount.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 02/21/05 02:54 AM
all cores in process:

those with pending orders, a new core will be ordered when the initial $40 is paid, and et of shipment is about 6 buisness days from payment.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 02/21/05 03:18 AM
is mine pending or did i nab one of those cores?
Posted By: Pole120 Re: poly rear roll resistor GB...it's on - 02/21/05 03:29 AM
you got a core
© CEG Archives