Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I am currently working on JonnySVT's headlights. Doing great so far I thought perhaps to earn a little money for myself I could create a group buy for those who wants their headlights blackened/colored done. I will be purchasing $100 of supplies to do this. In this package I will include the color of your choice if you prefer another color than black, polished your hazed lens if theres any, and last paint the outside lens outline if you like in which I recommend for more agressive look. Ive done my headlights a few months ago as you can see the photos below. A pair could could take me anywhere from 2-3 days work for perfection. For those who are interested would have to send their headlights to me when its their turn by mail. I would start with 5 people. If more than 5 are interested the price could drop but must reach at 10 instead of 5 though. The price would start with $140 plus $10 for return shipping. A deposit would be required once they are on the approved waiting list of $50. Remember the price includes for 3 jobs. PM me if you have any questions at all.

-dan

(6-10)

Add yourself if youre still interested after 5 waiting list.
soo tempting..but noo money to spend

its all being saved in the Borla fund
could you make clear pre-98 headlights and then black parts of thoes out?
Originally posted by 99_SE:

Im sure its doable, however, I would need to have some photos taken for a closer look if you have any. Bottom, Top, Sides, front.

-dan
i'm interested, i think i need to buy 1 new one, cause its waterlogged hella bad, so i am interested in getting mine done, i'll be checking this post to keep updated.

aaron
would there be a reduced price if we want only say...two of the three jobs done (the painting of the housing and the outside trim but no polishing). Im asking this b/c my lenses are in great shape, no polishing needed. $140 is a bit much if your not getting all three jobs done. Id say painting the housing and the polishing are the two most expensive out of the three so how much would you be willing to take off if the polishing doesn't need done?
Originally posted by chill1110:
would there be a reduced price if we want only say...two of the three jobs done (the painting of the housing and the outside trim but no polishing). Im asking this b/c my lenses are in great shape, no polishing needed. $140 is a bit much if your not getting all three jobs done. Id say painting the housing and the polishing are the two most expensive out of the three so how much would you be willing to take off if the polishing doesn't need done?

True, I agree. I would say knocking off $40 is reasonable. So itll be just $100 for just the painting housing and trim.

-dan
This is only a question, as I have done my own set of these painted headlights. What kind of paint are you using? What are you using to seal the headlights back up with? I know I spent a bit more on my project, but I had my headlights painted professionally by a buddy of mine. And I used a 2 part epoxy made by 3M that Ford, and a lot of other body shops use to mount fenders.. I'm just curious as to how you're doing this so cheap? This is definitely an awesome GB though, good job!

Mark
I am using a low gloss of any color dupli color spray can that can also handle at high temp. To seal it up I am using a similar glue that it already had. I dont use silicon which in my opnion doest bond as good as what I was using which is called Liquid Nail glue. Works great on mine and no water gets inside. A bit of a fog does occur but not like it would be a major problem since it evaporates quickly.

-dan
99.9% interested. Count me in, unless something unexpected occurs.
yeah ive heard to use liquid nail. however, mine are just siliconed right now, and are holding up fine (hopefully this trend continues). i was worried about the silicone possibly not being strong enough, but it seems to holding up fine. this is all with 0 fogging.

another thought i had was to use epoxy in a few spots (like 4 or 5 spots around the headlight) for strength and then fill in the crack (where you cut) with silicone. i didnt know how well the silicone would seal to the epoxy though.

not that you would really want to try on someone elses headlights that you are working on for money, but its just a thought. maybe you should get a practice set from the junkyard to practice a new sealing method that yeilds absolutely no fogging before you start selling these. or just use more liquid nail.

for 100+ bucks, i would expect at least that
Put me in there! I might be being put in a magazine so i need to put on a face
where do you cut them to seperate them first of all. and if i got in on this would you be able to paint the crome where the corner is too. i want all black but the crome needed to reflect the low and high beams. everything else but that i would want painted, and i dont need any polishing on mine either. and if you can solve the fog problem i am in like flynn
Originally posted by ContourSVT98:

Im sure its doable, however, I would need to have some photos taken for a closer look if you have any. Bottom, Top, Sides, front.

-dan

i'll pm ya aboutit? how much do you think it would cost me for you do it if i supplied the lights?
Posted By: R_G Re: Custom headlights colored painted group buy - 12/15/04 11:20 PM
I like the looks, the price ain't bad either but I guess it's not cut out for the ppl who use their cars as daily drivers. I don't think I am gonna get a pair of new headlights just to paint 'em since mine are customized (oranges removed), so unfortunately I am gonna pass on this one.

-dan

i'll pm ya aboutit? how much do you think it would cost me for you do it if i supplied the lights?

i'd be interested in the clear corners as well..sorry for any hijacking as i've done them before and i'm not done with the amount of time it took me to do them...i'd rather pay someone else to do it for me
I'm glad you decided to do this in a GB. I'll be sending you my lights after the first of the year. Got to get through Christmas first.

I'm wondering whether to do black or Tropic Green. I'm leaning toward the green. Any comments or thoughts, anyone?
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
I'm glad you decided to do this in a GB. I'll be sending you my lights after the first of the year. Got to get through Christmas first.

I'm wondering whether to do black or Tropic Green. I'm leaning toward the green. Any comments or thoughts, anyone?

black, it'll go well with the CF and rims IMHO
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

black, it'll go well with the CF and rims IMHO

I believe you may be right. After seeing this, I'm maybe changing my mind. Dion's beautiful ride with a chop:
Hmm...Im a bit confused of those who want in or thinking about it. I have received lots of PMs with questions and interest about this group buy. I have a few new things to say here. When I did mine and JonnySVT's headlight I have forgotten how dangerous and messy it is to do these headlights. One, the dremel spins at 35,000 times per minute! One wrong move my finger or fingers are gone. Two, when Im cutting with this high speed dremel the hot plastic melts and sometimes flys off and hits my skin...seriously burns. last, makes a biiiiggggg mess. plastic dust everywhere....I mean up to 10 ft away. I live in an apartment. Its something I gotta do in the living room. Some of you asked that yours dont need their lens polished and want a lower price because of less work. True but I cant afford myself to take the risk. I have previously stated the price of $100 but need to change that to $120 (without lens polished). I hope you understand this matter and dont lose interest of this group buy. Ill be finishing Jonny headlights probably by this Friday. Ill be taking photos of them to post here.

-dan
i have a pair of pre98 headlights i can donate if you can figure out how to do something cool with them. They are hazed over bad, but thems free. PM me if your intrested.
Okay can we get a tenative list going, in order of who will go when?
I have forgotten how dangerous and messy it is to do these headlights. One, the dremel spins at 35,000 times per minute! One wrong move my finger or fingers are gone. Two, when Im cutting with this high speed dremel the hot plastic melts and sometimes flys off and hits my skin...seriously burns. last, makes a biiiiggggg mess. plastic dust everywhere....I mean up to 10 ft away. I live in an apartment. Its something I gotta do in the living room. -dan

well 1st of all the majority of CEG'rs have a Dremel like this and we've used them tones of times to mod our cars. Just about everthing we do uses a Dremel to make the job easier. It called being carefull. There is alot more dangerous things out there. 2nd the burns? Wear gloves or something. I highly doubt these burns are worse then alot of us have experinced again working on our cars (former h.s. job working at Valvoline Oil Change geting constantly burned by hot oil). 3rd the dust. you live in an apt. do it in a closed off area and USE A VAC. Your coming up w/ excuses in order to justify raising the price.....its not like your doing these for free. $120 just for painting and no polishing w/ the possibility of getting our lenses back only to fog up anyway? Not worth it IMO
Originally posted by chill1110:

well 1st of all the majority of CEG'rs have a Dremel like this and we've used them tones of times to mod our cars. Just about everthing we do uses a Dremel to make the job easier. It called being carefull. There is alot more dangerous things out there. 2nd the burns? Wear gloves or something. I highly doubt these burns are worse then alot of us have experinced again working on our cars (former h.s. job working at Valvoline Oil Change geting constantly burned by hot oil). 3rd the dust. you live in an apt. do it in a closed off area and USE A VAC. Your coming up w/ excuses in order to justify raising the price.....its not like your doing these for free. $120 just for painting and no polishing w/ the possibility of getting our lenses back only to fog up anyway? Not worth it IMO

The $120 includes cutting, painting the inside and also the outside side trim. I would like to see you do a better job than I do honestly. Also, what are you doing with hot oil anyways? I always let the car sit for a few hours before doing any maintance to any car. Yes, I do wear gloves but my hands isnt the only thing that get burns. I get burns on my face sometimes. Covering my face is very uncomfortable for me while doing the job. Luckily, I wear glasses to protect my eyes from flying particles. If those who says cant find this fair they could probably find someone else who can. IF THEY CAN FIND SOMEONE ELSE that is. Im putting my time and effort to do this.

-dan
Sounds fair to me, so are we supposed to PM you or will you post on what exactly what we need to do and how are you going to determine the order of who goes when? It can't be whoever sends you their stuff first, then everyone will start sending you lights and it will be totally unorganized. So how's this goin' down?
Originally posted by FreeShyne:
Sounds fair to me, so are we supposed to PM you or will you post on what exactly what we need to do and how are you going to determine the order of who goes when? It can't be whoever sends you their stuff first, then everyone will start sending you lights and it will be totally unorganized. So how's this goin' down?

I was just coming down to that. Just put your name on the list below and PM me for my address.

-dan

1.FreeShyne

He changed oil for Valvoline, meaning most likely 10 minute oil changes which = not having 2 hours to let a car cool down. I think he brings up the point that you gave people a quote, then came back saying that the job is too dangerous and you have to up the price. I have to agree, this isn't an easy job, but definitely not something you are going to get "injured" over. It's a dremel, not ban-saw.

I can cut the headlights apart in about 1/2hr a piece. that's an hour of my time. You are using a ~$10.00 can of spray paint, and then ~$10.00??? for the adhesive. Give an hour for prep/paint, and another hour for putting the headlights back together. Another 2 hours for polishing. So we're up to 5 hours of your time, and $20.00 for parts.

$120.00 / 5 hours = $21.66/hr. = NOT BAD

I say this because you can't come on here and bring up that it's going to make a mess, and that you have a risk of getting burned, because you knew that before you started the GB. I would either stick to the original price or consider not doing the GB if you're that much in danger. Especially if you can't give a 100% guarantee that they won't fog/leak. BUT, this is all IMO.

Mark

1.FreeShyne
2.splurge

Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
He changed oil for Valvoline, meaning most likely 10 minute oil changes which = not having 2 hours to let a car cool down. I think he brings up the point that you gave people a quote, then came back saying that the job is too dangerous and you have to up the price. I have to agree, this isn't an easy job, but definitely not something you are going to get "injured" over. It's a dremel, not ban-saw.

Thank you Y2KSVT. That IS EXACTLY what i said and meant. Plus Instant oil change means done in 10mins or its free, hense, the many many burns w/ HOT oil. This job is not something your going to need to take out life insurance for w/ using a Dremel

I can cut the headlights apart in about 1/2hr a piece. that's an hour of my time. You are using a ~$10.00 can of spray paint, and then ~$10.00??? for the adhesive. Give an hour for prep/paint, and another hour for putting the headlights back together. Another 2 hours for polishing. So we're up to 5 hours of your time, and $20.00 for parts. $120.00 / 5 hours = $21.66/hr. = NOT BAD

For those that dont need polishing thats $120 / 3hrs = $40/hr = pretty bad

I say this because you can't come on here and bring up that it's going to make a mess, and that you have a risk of getting burned, because you knew that before you started the GB. I would either stick to the original price or consider not doing the GB if you're that much in danger. Especially if you can't give a 100% guarantee that they won't fog/leak. BUT, this is all IMO.

Mark

Thank you again Y2K. thats exactly what i meant as well....althought i do agree this is a really nice mod...i dont see the price and the possibilty of getting back lights that leak/fog worth it IMO.
I didn't intend to rip on him for starting this GB. There are definitely a lot of people interested, as I would be if I didn't/couldn't do it myself. I bought a spare set and decided I'd try my hand at it. The first headlight was a pain, but found a good technique and got the 2nd one apart in 1/2 hour. It looks as if he did a really nice quality job of masking things off and painting, and getting them back together without a lof of adhesive oozing out the sides. I just stated that I didn't agree that using a dremel is all that dangerous. long sleeve shirt, a pair of gloves, and some safety glasses is more than enough protection. Lay out a tarp, or newspaper so it's not getting on your carpet. There are ways around hurting yourself and making a mess, and it's not by raising the original price of the GB.

Mark
SO how much with the lens polish included then?
I didn't intend to rip on him for starting this GB.

I'm not ripping him in any way either.

But, I speak from experience with opening the headlights - I've pruchased them from a CEGer (who shall remain nameless) who had a Group Buy and have done them myself.

With the GB ones I purchased
The seller assured me repeatedly via PM and IM that he was so good at cutting them open that he could do a set in under an hour and once assembled would look perfect. This was important because I purchased brand new OEM headlights for the GB. Well, I got the lights back and they were completely trashed aesthetically. Broken plastic, scratched chrome, debris left inside the headlight housing, silicone leakage in the housing. I wanted a refund of some kind, even half - he refused and I never got my money back.

My own
Cutting them open was not that bad. But, I seriously have to question how you can cut open a set in under an hour without damaging anything. I was extremely careful and spent about 1.5 hours on each. I can understand shaving maybe a half hour off each headlight (2 hrs total), but 30 minutes per? I'd have to question the quality. The rest of the process is not too difficult - prep, mask, paint, seal, etc.

I was offered money to do this service and declined due to the concerns I mentioned above. I'd feel bad offering a product that wasn't something I know the customer would be 100% satisfied with.

I've been burned twice on GBs handled through CEGers for substaintial amounts of money and will never again participate in a "I'll make this for you" type of GB.

Good luck to everyone.

Edit:
IMHO, for a high quality job, I would estimate:
Cutting lights open: 3 hrs
Prep for paint: 1.5 hrs
Paint: 1 hr
24 hr drying time
Cleaning rough edges: .5 hrs
Sealing: 2 hrs
Sealing stage 2: 1 hr
Total: 9 hrs minimum

Again IMHO.
Pete,
As I said, the first headlight honestly took me upwards of 4 hours, as I was so damn scared of cutting to deep, and if I was even cutting in the right place!! After I was about 1/2 way into the light, things started to move along and it went very smooth. The 2nd light was a breeze from there. I'm not saying I couldn't do a better job, as this was my first attempt. I think sealing the lights back together is the most tedious part about it, as I used quite a bit of the 2part epoxy and if you don't line the lense and the headlight up perfect when putting them together, then it will definitely get all over the inside of the lense. I'll definitely not be doing this again, but I know I could definitely do it everything I listed in ~5hrs and have them look really nice.

Mark
Thanks Pete for your opinion. When Ive done my headlights it took me over 10+ hrs to do so. Cant rush art. Also, I have spent over $100 specifically for this group buy. Such as a new dremel, portable sander for those who wants their lens polished, various grades of sandpaper, primer paint and the other spray cans, glue, and those tiny round plates to cut open the headlights with the dremel that keeps breaking when they get worn out. I think there were other products I also purchased but cant remember them all right now. I wanted to give this opportunity to you guys regardless if I make a little cash in for myself. I will be posting JonnySVT's headlight photos very shortly so you can all see the works.

-dan
Originally posted by splurge:

1.FreeShyne
2.splurge
3.wa2tuff (after Christmas/New Years)

Any chance of getting a decent chop in Tropic Green? Heck, how about black, too? TIA
No problem. If the lights turn out optimally, this is a great price for product considering the time and effort it takes.

Good luck to you.
sounds like a great buy
Posted By: R_G Re: Custom headlights colored painted group buy - 12/17/04 11:19 PM
All right, I will try to find some lights for temporary use, take mine off, ship them and then put 'em back again. Count me in.
Posted By: R_G Re: Custom headlights colored painted group buy - 12/18/04 01:01 AM
1.FreeShyne
2.splurge
4.RG (after Christmas/New Years)
I honestly don't think Splurge is serious. He has been causing chaos in the F/I forum with his childish posts.
Originally posted by JonnySVT:
I honestly don't think Splurge is serious. He has been causing chaos in the F/I forum with his childish posts.

Actually i have a very good chance of my car being put in a magazine, and need to put on a face! and for you jonnysvt

I have Brand new headlights ready to go NOW! How quickly can i get this done and who do I pay. Paypal work? call if you have questions 1(630)643-8669 thanks
Originally posted by splurge:

Actually i have a very good chance of my car being put in a magazine, and need to put on a face! and for you jonnysvt

I have Brand new headlights ready to go NOW! How quickly can i get this done and who do I pay. Paypal work? call if you have questions 1(630)643-8669 thanks

Here it is folks. Jonny's (JONNYSVT) headlights are done. Not a very good bright photo but it was my best shot. Couldnt cover up the signal area because the chrome layer was easily peeling off even with the softest adhesive tape. However, a nice silver bulb that blink orange would be nice though.

-dan
Hey ContourSVT98

I did the same exact mod to mine, but I never even tried to get rid of all that yellow crap thats on the outside....I dont suppose you could give tips on how in the world to get rid of that stuff could you? I tried sanding it with 2000 grit sand paper and that helped a little but its still a little fuzzy...do I need some sort of awesome chemical?

Thanks and great job on those headlights - I wish you had started this last year.
Aesthetics forum
FAQ pinned at the top has How-to
0.SVT4STV -im dropping them off in PERSON tommorrow!
1.FreeShyne
2.splurge
4.RG (after Christmas/New Years)

I think $120 is a killer price. he quoted $100 but then realized he should have asked for $120. for $20 more? that's chump change. i would pay much more for this mod. i think this is one of THE best mods you can do to this car exterior-looks wise and to have someone put in this kind of work to do a killer job is well worth it. someone said it comes out to $40 an hour and not worth it? it's not like taking your car to a mechanic. youre paying for someone to do something FOR you that you cant really take anywere else. custom sh*t costs money! if you wanna be cheap, go to Autozone and buy some APC parts. not everything comes out to an hourly charge I have seen Dan's handiwork in person i can attest to it that it is extremely clean and well done. when i saw his car it's what grabbed my attention the most and what I thought was his best mod. I asked him back then if I could pay him to do my lights and he wasnt interested, too much work he said. Now that he announed this I am elated because I just figured I would never get this done.

Dan, IMO, you should do the lights on a 1st come 1st served basis. people shouldnt have to wait until someone else's lights show up just because they put their name down first. $$$ talks and ....
Thats exactly how I want mine! I will be in after the new year. Probably toward the end of January. Looks good.
-tropictour
Originally posted by svt4stv:
someone said it comes out to $40 an hour and not worth it?

I said $21.66 and that's pretty good money for being in college. Others disagree and that it takes longer to do the mod. I based the $21.66 on how long it took me to do mine.

it's not like taking your car to a mechanic. youre paying for someone to do something FOR you that you cant really take anywere else.

So in other words, it is like taking it to a mechanic, you pay him for something you can't do yourself. The thing is, you bring your car to a mechanic, and there's generally a guarantee that they will get your car running right or you don't pay for certain unneeded costs. There's no guarantee as he stated that the lights won't fog/leak. $120.00 would be a kickass price if he could guarantee no leaks, so there's my point.

custom sh*t costs money! if you wanna be cheap, go to Autozone and buy some APC parts. not everything comes out to an hourly charge

Yes, if you've ever seen my car, you'd think I was sponsored by APC

Mark

Posted By: JB1 Re: Custom headlights colored painted group buy - 12/23/04 09:40 PM

-dan

damn dan, that looks good. if you do this again in a year or so i am in.

as for dan's work.....as good as the picture is it does not do his work justice. i have seen his car in person and the work he does on headlights is amazing.
Head lamps look great. Would be interested in them, if I could spare headlights for a week. how much were your rims, and what size tires are on them? also how did you smoke the tail light?
Damn, first we had no choices unless you wanted to do them yourself (I didn't) and now we have 2. Any opinions on which looks the best?
This one
Or this one?
Damn, first we had no choices unless you wanted to do them yourself (I didn't) and now we have 2. Any opinions on which looks the best?
This one
Or this one?

i think the best look would be combination of the 2...meaning piant the area where the orange reflector is and the flat chrome piece above the reflector but leave the mirror chrome in the turn singnal housing unpainted...that way it will look like how the hi beam and low beam are painted.
top one
i like mygameisplatnum's idea.... i have to see a pic of that first if i could, but i think that would look really good..

Like I said each of your headlights will be made the way you want them. I perfered the way I want them on mine but you may have a different opinion. Whatever makes you happy Im happy . However! if your headlights have the sensative layer of the chrome paint it will peel off very easily like Jonny headlights did . Mine didnt have that problem. That is why Jonny's couldnt be masked.

-dan
Just a quick question. How much(roughly) are shipping charges running everyone on this? To and back? I'm definitely considering this, but I need to know what the overall cost is so that I can budget it in. TIA~ Chris
To (You) is the price whatever shipping options youre willing to send the headlights to me. From (me) is roughly $10, if more Ill pay myself the difference.

-dan
Like this???
i think i like that.. can u get a pic of looking at it dead on but from further out and not as close maybe? that would be nice.. i'm getting ideas what i wanna do...
Originally posted by Bk4293:
Like this???

That looks really, really good!!! Did you somehow fill in the holes left by the removal of the amber reflectors or do they just not show up in the pictures?
Thats what Im doing right now with svt4svt headlights but with their orange plastic reflectors though. Looks bad ass! Photos will be posted of this tmrw!

-dan
Dammit, that's what I wanted, until Dan screwed everything up!

j/k Dan
ok dan, now im confused. are you doing mine like this light?

or this one?

Dammit, that's what I wanted, until Dan screwed everything up!

j/k Dan

svt4svt headlights looks almost new. No polishing wasnt necessary and the chrome layer wasnt peeling off in some areas. I know youre joking Jonny.

Steve, I did yours like mine but turned out the chrome was peeling a bit in some areas and then I had to re mask everything again to make it like the top. Looking awesome though. You wont be disappointed!

-dan
Here you go Steve... I hope you like em.

-dan

OH MY GAW! THAT is so AWESOME!!! I cant even believe it is the same headlight! X, i mean Dan, You roCK!!! oh thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!

-you mean like that Dan?

That would look f**kin' sweet on my Tour!!!!

/\/\/\/\yeah they would. they would match that black stripe perfectly! nice car btw.
been away for a while but yea that is what I said when i described the different look a few posts earlier...my idea was nailed on the button....However, i think it looks a little better w/out the reflector in there when painted this way.

ok dan, now im confused. are you doing mine like this light?

I have no one else to have their headlights done at this time. Therell be no more waiting list since many of you have decided not to or at a later time. This is now a "First Come First Serve" PM for those who want theirs done. Thanks.

-dan
Anyone else???? I wouldnt want to put an end to this! Hoping someone else out there wants theirs soon. Thanks.

-dan
put me as wanting it done also... i just gotta send this guy money for the 2nd headlight, and then i'll send them in to be done

sound good?

Aaron
If I had an extra set of headlights I would be in on this.
Are you going to be able to do this on a "going forward" basis, say for people who haven't gotten their hands on their car yet but would totally dig the mod when they do?
Its a limited time thing I can offer. I have other more important things that matter me the most like my kids. Ill let this group buy run for another month after that Im done. Sorry.

-dan
I completely understand. Hopefully I'll have mine in under that time, because its a pretty sweet mod. Otherwise I may just bug you when the time comes for a little DIY help.
see additional pics in Pics thread I posted.
the lights came out unbelieveably well. they look like theyre factory! everyone loves them and has asked me about them. SUPER clean job Dan! No leaks or fogging issues.

Thinkin of calling them after me. DelTor Headlights. Just like others have theirs like Stazy Mesh, Aussie Bar, yada yada yada...

-dan
Posted By: JB1 Re: Custom headlights colored painted group buy - 01/19/05 01:17 AM
soooo...with an official name, the possibility of future jobs being accepted is yes?
Could you do this to my headlights? My drivers side is a lil foggy now and I hate it. I think it would clear up if you fixed it. PM me.

Originally posted by NewPowerRadio:

That would look f**kin' sweet on my Tour!!!!

Dont do it! You lights look smooth right now! The black is going to set it off, but in a bad way I think.
"Bump"

There ya go ContourSVT98
Posted By: MazTour ... - 02/07/05 04:29 PM
Hey,I would definetly be up for having my headlights done sometime in the next few months.

My car is black,and I have the headlight lenses painted on the outside,which imo,I really like it and looks cool,but stone chips in the summer and then driving through the winter so far has peeled a lot of the paint off,especially on the driver's side,seeing how it gets most of the road spray and stone hits from passing trucks. When I painted my lenses,I initially wanted to do them on the inside,but I wasn't a member here yet,and never even heard of the club,so I just did my own thing. I didn't know how to take apart the lenses and definetly didn't want to cut them.

I will have mine shipped down in a few months I guess. I'm waiting on buying a beater Isuzu Trooper right now for winter use and second vehicle duty which I can drive while my headlights are sent away. I also need to buy rims and tires asap,so after I get those things out of the way,my headlights will be on their way and then I can bodykit the car this summer.

So,count me in for sure,but like I said,it'll probably be between April and June. Hopefully before June,as I'd like the bodykit before August.

oh,and btw,you've done excellent jobs on those headlights. Very nice work. Well worth the price for the time and effort involved.
Posted By: JB1 Re: ... - 02/07/05 04:45 PM
contoursvt98(dan) posted in another thread that he will stop doing these lights at the end of this month, so you better hurry.
Posted By: MazTour Re: ... - 02/07/05 06:27 PM
eh,guess I'll have to pass then. Can't afford it or be able to do it for a few months.
© CEG Archives