Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SVTCuervo Group Buy Suggestions - 11/09/04 08:16 PM
Hey guys,

Its been awhile since I've hosted a CEG Group Buy. Just thought I'd throw it open and see what you all needed. Let me know and we'll see if we can get something together. Thanks
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/10/04 12:06 AM
How about H & R springs? My Eibach's didn't lower the car in the front as much as I wanted. I've been told that H & R's would lower the front more. Any thoughts on this? I'm thinking the H & R's in the front and the Eibach's in the rear. Then I'd have a set of front Eibach's and rear H & R's for sale to someone who didn't want a big drop for maybe $200. BTW, my struts are Bilstein's. OR, should I just do the H & R's and sell the Eibach's?
Posted By: R_G Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/10/04 12:10 AM
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
How about H & R springs? My Eibach's didn't lower the car in the front as much as I wanted. I've been told that H & R's would lower the front more.

What he said
Posted By: Swazo Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/10/04 01:07 AM
Blistien/H&R combo is on my "to buy" list, it'd be great if you could line something up with atleast H&R's
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/10/04 05:23 AM
H&R's will make for an easy GB. I"ll have to check my accounts for the best Blistien deal, however we can most certainly make the H&R's happen. I also carry the Eibachs aswell, so if ya'll just wanna make it a big spring GB then that'll be fine with me. I'll get some prices by Thursday........

Keep on with the suggestions.....
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/11/04 02:55 AM
springs and struts sound good to me...
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/11/04 03:09 AM
Make me a C/F trunk! Seriously!
Posted By: m!key Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/11/04 03:14 AM
CF trunk would be cool and would be able to be used across all years of contours and mystiques.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/11/04 03:23 AM
Originally posted by mikey boy:
CF trunk would be cool and would be able to be used across all years of contours and mystiques.

Yes........I need to complete my theme!
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/11/04 03:28 AM
I vote CF trunk, too; but not because I want one; I'm too poor.
Posted By: DemonOfSteel Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/11/04 03:51 AM
CF trunk would be something awesome, it would add a lot of style to our cars, but it might be something hard to do.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/11/04 05:36 AM
But how many people will pay $500 for a carbon fiber trunk . Maybe three people. A carbon fiber trunk is more complicated there for more expenssive than a hood. So its doubtfull it will ever happen. Though I/we may try in the future.
Posted By: Alex T._dup1 Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/11/04 06:12 AM
H & R's I might be interested.
Posted By: Robsdaace Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/11/04 06:16 AM
CF Interior pieces i would be interested in that. or CF dash trim atleast. or Magnaflo resonators and exhaust tips. i would be in terested in all that.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/11/04 06:40 AM
bilstiens
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/11/04 07:46 AM
I don't have any money so no suggestion, I just wanted to say that svtcuervo is really good to work with and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase something through him again.
Posted By: aaron_soccer20 Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/11/04 09:08 AM
i like the CF dash trim idea or CF something with the interior (prefer the dash for sure!)
Posted By: zm830101 Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/11/04 03:12 PM
i vote for the bilsteins too!!!
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/11/04 04:37 PM
Ok guys, We've now moved the H&R Spring GB to another post. Please go over there and we can get that part of this done:

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=groupbuy&Number=765463&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=&vc=

Now for the Bilsteins......

As everyone knows, BAT has these struts speacially made for the Contour application. BAT is not the easiest group of people to work with as far as wholesale goes because their prices are already so close to cost. I"m still in the process of working this out with them and a few of their wholesale distributors, so I"m not counting it out yet, however it doesn't look too optomistic.

However if you all are interested in struts I carry KYB or Konni and I can help you out. I think Konni's run about $135 plus shipping. Let me know

As for the CF trunk.....

I have never presonally dealt with anything CF I wouldn't know the first place to start on gettings somthing like that done. Sorry guys...

Keep the suggestions rolling in. Thanks
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/11/04 04:45 PM
I suggest that the Group Buy forum and all Group Buys are suspended until I have money
Posted By: aaron_soccer20 Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/11/04 07:23 PM
are the konni's just the struts, or do they come with the lowing springs as well?
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/11/04 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
I don't have any money so no suggestion, I just wanted to say that svtcuervo is really good to work with and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase something through him again.

After dealing with him through the PIAA 510 GB, I've got nothing but good things to say. I plan to do more with this GB. And, BTW, thanks for bringing it up!!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/12/04 04:01 AM
Originally posted by livinsvt:
But how many people will pay $500 for a carbon fiber trunk . Maybe three people. A carbon fiber trunk is more complicated there for more expenssive than a hood. So its doubtfull it will ever happen. Though I/we may try in the future.

Try it.....I will be the first to buy!
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/12/04 01:21 PM
Originally posted by LoCoZs/c:

Try it.....I will be the first to buy!

hmmm dont know about that,.......i might be the first to buy it
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/12/04 02:49 PM
i'd sell just about everything i own for a carbon fiber trunk.

i'd pay more than that
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/12/04 04:18 PM
Originally posted by aaron_soccer20:
are the konni's just the struts, or do they come with the lowing springs as well?

Struts only.. Both group buys going on at the same time so you can get everything you need for a deal.. Now if he could only get you guys some camber kits to go with them

Mark
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/12/04 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Now if he could only get you guys some camber kits to go with them

Mark

i need these too, so my wants would be bilstiens, and camber kits.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/12/04 08:39 PM
Originally posted by pole120:
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Now if he could only get you guys some camber kits to go with them

Mark

i need these too, so my wants would be bilstiens, and camber kits.

Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/13/04 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Speed Demon:
i'd sell just about everything i own for a carbon fiber trunk.

i'd pay more than that

I'm curious--do you want one more for the aesthetic value or the weight savings? Personally, I'd like one if my car was black but I'm not sure how it would look on a tropic green Tour. Course it would go with the muffler surround panel, so maybe. ANYWAY, what's your thoughts on it?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/13/04 03:42 PM
For me it is a little of both...I would like to continue the C/F theme. By spring, I should have a C/F splitter.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/13/04 08:12 PM
i just picked up a trunk lid....they're a lot lighter than i was expecting, i think this mod is purely asthetic, as ther's maybe a 5 pound savings with a cf lid
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/14/04 07:20 PM
Originally posted by pole120:
i just picked up a trunk lid....they're a lot lighter than i was expecting, i think this mod is purely asthetic, as ther's maybe a 5 pound savings with a cf lid

I know the trunk lid is light....I took my old one off by myself. I just want it to complete the C/F look on my car.
Posted By: Rance Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/14/04 08:13 PM
deff. interested in a strut group buy. I have intrax springs sitting in my garrage because i need struts. Dont want to put the springs on without upgrading the struts.
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/15/04 02:30 AM
purely a show thing for me, and about half of my car is still black.
Posted By: StreetDreams Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/15/04 04:12 AM
im a bit late on chimming in and all............but that trunk would absolutely be sweet . i got the hood, why not have a trunk, man oh man that would be nice. id pay whatever it costs
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/15/04 04:05 PM
Oh sure you guys say you want it now, but when the time comes to ask for money how many will still be there . If I do it, it will probaly be on a deposit basis and not until after the new year sometime. Will see
Posted By: Kain Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/15/04 06:39 PM
How about Rota Wheels? Ive been wanting some but most of them arent in our bolt pattern.
Posted By: Robsdaace Re: Group Buy Suggestions - 11/18/04 12:09 AM
im interested in the Rims group buy (Gunmetal with a chrome/polished lip please ) or if not i am 100% positive i will buy the CF interior pieces if they are made. Or if anyone can get new post 98 headlamps cheap and start a group buy im in. if anyone wants audio equipment for cheap pm me.
© CEG Archives