Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Malibu ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 10/27/04 12:28 AM
We've had a few requests for a Group buy for the Koni's, so here it is.

There will only be 10 spots available, so get in while you can.

Please be aware that this Group Buy is for complete sets ONLY. We will discount the price for individual struts, but not as steeply as the discount for a complete set of 4 struts.

The price for a complete set of 4 Koni Adjustable Struts will be $534 + Shipping

Ordering Information:
All orders must be placed through the GForce Automotive Online store via the link below. Shipping will be added during the checkout process. The current payment options available are PayPal and the option to send a money order.

Order Your Struts Now

Shipping Information:
We will process orders on Tuesdays and Fridays of every week, including this coming Friday. All shipments will be made via UPS and tracking numbers will be provided upon shipment. If a Tuesday or Friday comes and there are not 2 or more pending orders, we will wait until the next day of processing to place the order.

If anyone has any questions or comments pertaining directly to this GB please post here or email me: stacey@gforceauto.com

Thanks,

Stacey L Kelly
Vice President
GForce Automotive
Posted By: Malibu Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 10/27/04 12:58 AM
The Paid Participants list will be kept here (2nd post):

http://fastcougar.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=15&threadid=110283&STARTPAGE=1

Stacey
Pay right now? I expected this to be in true CEG fashion and I'd have another week or two to finish up funds. Put me in; but after a few more paychecks.
Posted By: SmoothV Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 10/27/04 05:34 PM
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:
Pay right now? I expected this to be in true CEG fashion and I'd have another week or two to finish up funds. Put me in; but after a few more paychecks.

exactly
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 10/27/04 11:45 PM
This is EXACTLY what I've been waiting for! Sweet!
Posted By: corey_dup1 Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 10/28/04 01:40 AM
Sweet deal malibu, i cant even sell them that cheap these days, every year they keep going up in cost
Posted By: GForceAuto Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 10/28/04 08:41 PM
Originally posted by corey:
Sweet deal malibu, i cant even sell them that cheap these days, every year they keep going up in cost

You're not kidding, it seems the prices go up every year.

--Adam
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 10/29/04 02:05 PM
I just ordered a set. Thanks guys!

Now I'm off to BAT for some sport springs...
Way to go Jim. How many sets are availible now?
Posted By: Malibu Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 10/29/04 03:29 PM
8 Sets left
Posted By: SmoothV Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 10/29/04 03:31 PM
Originally posted by BigT:

Yeah.

I get paid today and Monday; but I'll still need another check to clear the price. What would shipping be to zip 37343 Chattanooga, TN?
Posted By: Malibu Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 10/29/04 03:57 PM
Shipping is priced at $35
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 10/29/04 04:12 PM
Way to go Jim. How many sets are availible now?

I've been wanting to get the BAT kit for a long time now. For an extra $150 or so I can match Koni adjustables all 'round with the BAT sport springs...
$569 gotcha. I can do that...
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 10/29/04 10:50 PM
I'm in!! (Paid)
Posted By: Malibu Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 10/29/04 10:51 PM
Originally posted by RogerB:
I'm in!! (Paid)

Updated the list

Only 7 sets left now
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 10/30/04 02:15 AM
OK. So, are you holding off shipping until you fill 10?

Could this thing fizzle?

Sounds like a few people just need a week or so to gather up the funds. That's fine, but I'm hoping we get the numbers we need. Do you have a deadline? Or is it open until filled?
Posted By: GForceAuto Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 10/30/04 03:00 AM
No we're processing the orders on Fridays and Tuesdays, as long as there are at least two orders that need to be processed.

2 orders were processed today, the 3rd along with any orders that come in over the weekend and on monday and early tuesday will be processed for shipment on Tuesday.

--Adam
Posted By: kazanma_dup1 Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 10/30/04 02:25 PM
Dang, my plan was to use my saved money to afford broadband for a year till I moved back into the dorms, but Konis for life sound much more appealing. Not to mention I've got those SVT springs that have been sitting under my desk for half a year...
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 10/31/04 02:40 AM
Originally posted by kazanma:
Dang, my plan was to use my saved money to afford broadband for a year till I moved back into the dorms, but Konis for life sound much more appealing. Not to mention I've got those SVT springs that have been sitting under my desk for half a year...

Congratulations on having your priorities straight.

I've had Roush springs sitting in my garage for, what, almost 2 years? When was that closeout?
Posted By: kazanma_dup1 Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 10/31/04 06:04 PM
Hehe, thanks RogerB.

I submitted my order on Saturday, and I see that I'm already on the list. Kudos to Malibu/GForceAuto for staying on top of things.
Posted By: Malibu Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/01/04 05:00 PM
Only 5 spots left.
Posted By: svtkid04 Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/02/04 09:50 PM
would these fits the contour cuz the post link is for the cougar. i know its dumb but i just want to make sure.
Posted By: Malibu Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/02/04 09:55 PM
Originally posted by svtkid04:
would these fits the contour cuz the post link is for the cougar. i know its dumb but i just want to make sure.

Yes they are a direct fit for either vehicle.
Posted By: kazanma_dup1 Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/03/04 12:33 AM
You just gotta make sure you match the struts up with some 98+ springs, IIRC.
Correct.
Posted By: kazanma_dup1 Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/03/04 12:36 AM
Correct.

Were you replying to me? Cuz, wow, that was a FAST-ass reply. Here, have a cookie.
Posted By: svtkid04 Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/03/04 12:36 AM
i just orderd mine, im very happy about that, but i was wonderig how long would they take to get here
Correct.

Were you replying to me? Cuz, wow, that was a FAST-ass reply. Here, have a cookie.

Sweet. Thanks.
Posted By: svtkid04 Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/03/04 07:13 PM
ground controls are ok, right?
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/03/04 08:25 PM
Yes. With modification to the strut. I wouldn't pair the GCs with anything but Koni on our cars.
Anybody have Koni's with Eibach springs? If so are you happy?

Scott
Posted By: SmoothV Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/04/04 03:30 PM
Originally posted by scottd60:

Scott

Search the suspension thread....i have seen so many of them . I am looking at the same setup. A lot of people talk about the rear end "being too low" than the front. It's the way the fender is made. But i have seen many 'Tours with that setup and i thought it looked fine . Personal preference...hehe
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/04/04 03:33 PM
Correct.

Sweet. Thanks.

(* TourDeForce, Pacing in background, attentive for an opportunity to get his own cookie *)
I have a koni question.

though I have a 95 v6 atx tour

I was just wonder if there would be a case for having the rebound setting of the koni struts in the front different from the back.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/04/04 05:39 PM
Originally posted by contour_phoenix_when:
I have a koni question.

though I have a 95 v6 atx tour

I was just wonder if there would be a case for having the rebound setting of the koni struts in the front different from the back.

Yes, but it depends on what you want to do. You may want to post this in Suspension, or check out the SCCA/NASA forum.
Posted By: kazanma_dup1 Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/04/04 10:29 PM
w00t! UPS dropped off my Koni struts today. Thanks Malibu and GForceAuto.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/04/04 10:47 PM

That was quick. Mine can't be too far behind.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/05/04 12:13 AM

That was quick. Mine can't be too far behind.

Mine were delivered today as well. I also got Fed-X'd a couple of Christmas presents for my daughters.
I'm in...paid today.

Thanks for the great deal!

Scott
Posted By: TourDeForce Did Eric get his Koni-age??? - 11/05/04 03:50 AM
Eric! You shoulda got your struts today!
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: Did Eric get his Koni-age??? - 11/05/04 04:10 AM
Got mine today, thank you very much! Yesssss! Drop time!
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Did Eric get his Koni-age??? - 11/05/04 02:37 PM
Nothing yet. This is worse (better) than Christmas.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Did Eric get his Koni-age??? - 11/05/04 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Kokopellian:

It's about time you got with the program John...19's and stock ride height

Ordered my Koni's yesterday, just couldn't pass this up...45K on the stock SVT struts. They should go real nice with my Eibach's

Scott
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/05/04 04:37 PM

Scott

Search the suspension thread....i have seen so many of them . I am looking at the same setup. A lot of people talk about the rear end "being too low" than the front. It's the way the fender is made. But i have seen many 'Tours with that setup and i thought it looked fine . Personal preference...hehe

I was about to ask the same thing. I've got Eibach's and Bilstein's. The rear went down fine but the front doesn't look like it did (even tho it did some). I'm just wondering if different struts would matter or if the Eibach's will make the stance stay the same. As I understand it, the springs determine the height, not the struts.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Did Eric get his Koni-age??? - 11/05/04 05:01 PM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

Today? That's yesterday. Maybe they're sitting out on my porch.

Hey Jim, how do you think my car will look sitting on Ground Controls? Tuckin 225's.
Originally posted by wa2tuff:

Scott

I was about to ask the same thing. I've got Eibach's and Bilstein's. The rear went down fine but the front doesn't look like it did (even tho it did some). I'm just wondering if different struts would matter or if the Eibach's will make the stance stay the same. As I understand it, the springs determine the height, not the struts.

I like the way my car sits with the Eibach's and SVT struts...it's about 1/4" lower then SVTPete's car (Koni's and GC). It dropped between 1 3/4" and 2", NOT the 1 1/4" Eibach advertises...but I like it just fine

I'm looking for the Koni's to firm up the ride a little more and reduce dive under braking and deceleration. I know the ride will be a bit harsher but I'm fine with that

Scott
Posted By: ibub_dup1 Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/05/04 06:06 PM
nice to hear about a group buy going so well for a change. congrats to the organizers. I already have Konis, otherwise I'd been in on this.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Did Eric get his Koni-age??? - 11/05/04 06:24 PM

Today? That's yesterday. Maybe they're sitting out on my porch.

Hey Jim, how do you think my car will look sitting on Ground Controls? Tuckin 225's.

Holy crap! That will look HOT! I'd like to get mine an inch lower with the BAT springs, but GCs are just too low for me (old guy syndrome). You'll need to get a camber adjustment kit from BAT or be prepared to eat tires twice a year.

Sounds like our next meet is gonna be hella fun with all the new stuff we're gettin'! I've still gotta find & fit an SE side skirt kit. I'm told the brackets are the pain to find, and expensive at the dealer.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/05/04 06:26 PM
Originally posted by wa2tuff:

Scott

I like the way my car sits with the Eibach's and SVT struts...it's about 1/4" lower then SVTPete's car (Koni's and GC). It dropped between 1 3/4" and 2", NOT the 1 1/4" Eibach advertises...but I like it just fine

I'm looking for the Koni's to firm up the ride a little more and reduce dive under braking and deceleration. I know the ride will be a bit harsher but I'm fine with that

Scott

Your's looks like mine in the rear but not in the front. I like yours much better. Are you thinking you'll still be as low all around with the new Koni's?"
Posted By: Malibu Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/05/04 07:23 PM
Hey guys! Good to hear you're getting your struts so soon.

Just thought I would post an update and let you know that I have updated the list with those orders which have been shipped. The most recent 3 orders are being shipped today or Monday, I know it's a couple days later than it should have been, however, we ran into a minor supply problem that has been cleared up and you should receive your struts by Thursday or Friday of next week at the latest.

Again, we apologize for the delay.

Stacey
I didn't get mine today.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: Did Eric get his Koni-age??? - 11/06/04 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Kokopellian:

It's about time you got with the program John...19's and stock ride height

Ordered my Koni's yesterday, just couldn't pass this up...45K on the stock SVT struts. They should go real nice with my Eibach's

Scott

LOL Scott! I hadn't installed the shoes yet. So there, I wasn't riding around all high and mighty. I'm glad you got in on this deal. Your ride is gonna be even suhweeter!
Hope you can do this down the line again... I will be in for sure in about 2 months....
Posted By: GForceAuto Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/06/04 01:46 AM
It's a good possibility. You guys have so far filled EVERY one of the purchased spots so far. The NECO guys, for one reason or another, haven't jumped on this. :shrug:

Maybe because it wasn't for a body kit

--Adam
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/06/04 02:11 AM
Originally posted by GForceAuto:
It's a good possibility. You guys have so far filled EVERY one of the purchased spots so far. The NECO guys, for one reason or another, haven't jumped on this. :shrug:

Say it ain't so!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/08/04 03:57 AM
any chance of a gb on bilstiens malibu?
Originally posted by GForceAuto:

Say it ain't so!

ever been over there? sad but true.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Did Eric get his Koni-age??? - 11/08/04 05:34 PM

They were waiting on my porch Friday (5 Nov)!

Now I just have to wait for my other parts. Wish I could throw them on, now, but in the meantime, I guess I'll just have to cuddle them while I sleep.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Did Eric get his Koni-age??? - 11/08/04 05:57 PM

They were waiting on my porch Friday (5 Nov)!

Now I just have to wait for my other parts. Wish I could throw them on, now, but in the meantime, I guess I'll just have to cuddle them while I sleep.

Yeah, Koni cuddles for me when they come in. No money to buy springs yet; and this header install is killing me. I need Koni comfort.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Did Eric get his Koni-age??? - 11/08/04 05:59 PM
... in the meantime, I guess I'll just have to cuddle them while I sleep.

Well, keep them in the box if you do. I got a busted lip from cuddling mine....
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Did Eric get his Koni-age??? - 11/08/04 06:00 PM
... in the meantime, I guess I'll just have to cuddle them while I sleep.

Well, keep them in the box if you do. I got a busted lip from cuddling mine....

Time to call social services.
Posted By: kazanma_dup1 Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/09/04 12:16 AM
Originally posted by pole120:

The only place that can get Bilsteins is British American Transfer

Not so... http://www.spmotorsports.com/ATCcontour_struts_bilstein.html

Scott
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/09/04 12:47 AM

Not so... http://www.spmotorsports.com/ATCcontour_struts_bilstein.html

Scott

bet that if you get them from SP they will turn out to be shipped from BAT anyway, happened with my OMP FSTB, since I didn't see it listed in the BAT catolog I got it from SP but it was shipped right from BAT
Posted By: kazanma_dup1 Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/09/04 11:31 PM
Yup, quite a few items from SPMotorsports are actually BAT items. Some of the item descriptions/images are straight from BAT's PDF catalog.
One of the local Capital CEG guys (EvlBill) recently got a set of Bilsteins from SP through SVTPete...not sure where they came from. Probably BAT I guess, at least its easier to order from SP, BAT's web site kind of sucks for online ordering.

Scott
Got mine last night.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/10/04 03:25 PM
One of the local Capital CEG guys (EvlBill) recently got a set of Bilsteins from SP through SVTPete...not sure where they came from. Probably BAT I guess, at least its easier to order from SP, BAT's web site kind of sucks for online ordering.

Scott

???????

All ya gotta do is pick up the phone...

Scott

???????

All ya gotta do is pick up the phone...

I know but have you ever talked to them on the phone...not the greatest Sometimes it's better to just fill in the blanks on the internet and check out...get a e-mail in a few minutes to confirm your order and your all set. Don't know how far Sarasota is from West Palm Beach but I guess you could just drive over there in and get what you want without the hassle

Scott
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/10/04 05:30 PM
Got mine last night.

Yay!! Eric finally got some Kahonas!!
Got mine last night.

Yay!! Eric finally got some Kahonas!!

Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/10/04 06:25 PM
Got mine last night.

Wow. She must be really special.
Got mine last night.

Wow. She must be really special.

Yeah she's real helmet special.
Posted By: svtkid04 Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/10/04 08:45 PM
i just got mine aswell
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: ~*- Koni Sport Struts -*~ Group Buy - 11/10/04 09:21 PM
WELL!!

Hats off to you Malibu for a very smooth Group Buy! GREAT JOB!!

Thanks a million & I look forward to doing business again. I hope the lack of participation from the Cougar guys didn't put you off of the GBs.
Yes definitly. Good on ya, Mailbu & Co.
Malibu & Company,

Mine came yesterday...THANK YOU you very much for the great deal and very quick/smooth Group Buy

Scott
© CEG Archives