Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: mamisano_dup1 MSDS Group Buy - For Participants Only - 09/24/04 03:18 PM
All,
The Group buy will last until October 31, 2004.

Please respond to this post ONLY if you are going to participate in the purchase.

If you come here and thread-crap, you will be reported to the Moderators.

DO NOT order from Marty at MSDS, just reply here with your name, how many sets, and what options you would like. An order for all participants will be made at a later date.

Here are the discounted prices:
MSRP: $660.00 (for reference)
For 10-19 Sets: $610.00
For 20+ Sets: $595.00

Includes:
Ceramic Coated Headers and Y-Pipe
Hardware (Nuts/Bolts)
Gaskets
M-I-L Similators

Options:
Add Xtreme metallic ceramic coat (sterling silver) +$40.00
Add FedEx ground fr/ins +$28.00
Add HO811 vortec S/C option +$50.00
Delete Y-Pipe- $40.00
Delete standard ceramic coat -$40.00

A few comments:
-I suggest that no one delete the Y-Pipe; It is tuned for this system. You can always a)Sell your current Y-Pipe or b) sell the MSDS Y-pipe. I am sure it is worth more than $40 to someone on the list.
-Please specify your transmission type/ year/ and either 2 or 3 bolt cat converter inlet flange when ordering. The 3 bolt converter flange is usually on all automatics. Most vehicles produced after Nov. '99 came with the 3 bolt style, and is most noticeable by the large flex connector just past the first flange. 2 bolt styles used a donut gasket without the flex joint.
it's gonna be in a couple weeks, but i'm still in this. I want the Y-pipe and I want them coated, but i don't need the MIL eliminators. Is there a break for not ordering those?
Posted By: 96_98_SE Re: MSDS Group Buy - For Participants Only - 09/24/04 08:49 PM
I'm in!

~ Headers + Y-Pipe
~ Standard Ceramic Coating
~ 2-Bolt Flange

This is for a 98SE MTX.
Posted By: NVSVT MSDS Group Buy - For Participants Only - 09/24/04 10:17 PM
I can't tell you what options I want yet, but I'm definitely in for one set.

I wasn't going to get the Y-pipe, but now I'm not so sure that I want to delete it. SVT PETE's dyno numbers left me wondering what cat he is using with his MSDS headers and Y-pipe. Stock? Or something else? The reason that I bought the BAT Y-pipe was for the high-flow cat and I just don't see how the MSDS Y-pipe and a (restrictive) stock cat can be better than the BAT piece. Any information would be appreciated.

I am also not sure whether I want to buy the headers with the MSDS Xtreme coating or without any coating at all and instead send them to Jet-Hot to have them coated. Anyone have a current price for coating the MSDS headers and Y-pipe? The last I saw was $195, but that was a while ago.
I want atleast one set with a y and coated but im not sure ifI can swing anothe of the same yet. When will you be collecting money for them cause I am bad when it comes to holding onto money,it burns holes in my pockets fast! I dont know which car I want to put it on either the se or the svt ifI only get one, so maybe ill get two if I can pay for them soon!
No other takers???? Come on guys. If we don't have any more interest in this over the next few days, I'll call it off. I don't want to wait to make an order if this won't get off the ground.

Thanks,
Michael
Whether or not I can get in will be determined by if I can sell my winter car. That's gonna be a few weeks most likely. If i can get it sold I'm in for a set, if i can't, then I'm not. Unfortunately thats the best answer I can give right now.
I want to be in also but I have to wait and see if the house I am trying to buy goes the way I need it to. I will know sometime this week.
Yeah I plan on buying also, it may take a little bit to get the money though.
I'm planning on buying as well, but finances are a little tight. By a stoke of luck, though, my boss just gave me a sizeable raise today, so that will change things for the better
I'm gonna say "yes" I'm in, barring any big expenses between now and then. I'd be getting the Y-pipe, but care to explain this option?
"Add HO811 vortec S/C option +$50.00 "

supercharger option? erm...huh?

anyways. 1995 SE, MTX, 2.5 V6,2 bolt flange.
Posted By: rk2k2 Re: MSDS Group Buy - For Participants Only - 09/29/04 04:35 AM
You can DEFINITELEY count me in if they will do the ceramic coating in black - seems they should be able to do this since they will do that special silver for +$40?
Originally posted by platinum_drew:
I'm gonna say "yes" I'm in, barring any big expenses between now and then. I'd be getting the Y-pipe, but care to explain this option?
"Add HO811 vortec S/C option +$50.00 "

supercharger option? erm...huh?

anyways. 1995 SE, MTX, 2.5 V6,2 bolt flange.

If you wish to install the headers with the Vortec Supercharger, the pipes have to have a different bend to clear the SC hardware. That's the SC option. SC sold separately.
Posted By: rk2k2 Re: MSDS Group Buy - For Participants Only - 09/29/04 06:39 PM
Count me out- Martin informed me their ceramic sub-contractor only offer white and extreme silver.
Posted By: ov3n_dup1 Re: MSDS Group Buy - For Participants Only - 09/30/04 10:13 AM
why does the color of the coating matter? black coating isnt gonna make you any faster
Originally posted by RogerB:

If you wish to install the headers with the Vortec Supercharger, the pipes have to have a different bend to clear the SC hardware. That's the SC option. SC sold separately.

I was just wondering, not sure if i'll be in on the group buy just yet, but definately hoping i can be. If i am thinking about SC it won't hurt anything just to get that add on to be safe right?
Originally posted by ov3n:
why does the color of the coating matter? black coating isnt gonna make you any faster

could always get them powdercoated. I mean, from what I understand, the headers don't stick out that much, kinda blocked from view a good deal. performance before style, ya'know?
Posted By: rk2k2 Re: MSDS Group Buy - For Participants Only - 09/30/04 03:47 PM
Not a matter of speed, it's a matter of WEIGHT!

Bet that comment has you turning but no, I'm not talking about physical weight, I'm talking the weight of the odds. As I live in CA these would be illegal for me. Though probably ever so slight, the odds would be higher that a smog inspector might notice some white polking through some gap and look at it more closely than he/she would if they were black. PROBABLY no big deal, but if you have had to deal with our inspection system over the years, best not take that addtitional chance which might result in having to rip them off and return to stock just to pass smog. I actually shouldn't have considered them in the first place, me being the law abiding citizen that I am!

BTW, there are people that have the headers here in CA (lowbudgetracing one) that have not had a problem getting smogged, but weighing the work involved to replace them in the event I were so unlucky to get caught far outweighs any advantage of putting them on in the first place.
Posted By: NVSVT MSDS Group Buy - For Participants Only - 09/30/04 08:22 PM
I am going to get my MSDS headers and Y-pipe without the ceramic coating and then I am going to send them to Jet-Hot for coating. The finish that I selected is their "Sterling" silver, but they have many finishes available including a "Cast Iron Gray" (that should fool any inspector) and a "Matte Black". Just go to www.jet-hot.com and submit a cost estimate form for the finish you want. Don't forget to put down that you are a CEG member in the "Where did you hear about Jet-Hot" box as they have special pricing for CEG members. In fact they quoted me $125.30 for coating the headers (inside & out) + $10.50 per foot on the pipes. Shipping and handling is also additional. Jet-Hot also has a 3-year unlimited guarantee against chipping, peeling, cracking, discoloring and rusting and any new parts get a lifetime rust through warranty. Don't let the standard finish scare you away from getting 20 more (dyno proven) HP.
Posted By: rk2k2 Re: MSDS Group Buy - For Participants Only - 09/30/04 08:34 PM
DAMN you all! OK, I'm back in (assuming one of these Jet Hot finishes available is a bit more inconspicuous as the white) I'll also go for the Vortech option JUST in case I end up loving my car so much I decide to supercharge it. Which leads me to ask, what's the difference besides the bends? I mean, if all it is is the bends to clear SC hardware, why don't they just make them ALL with that way?

Thanks for posting the price you got on the JetCoat- I got the impression it was gonna be like $200
Just came accross some more money today so I am definitely in for 2 sets, both with y-pipes and coatings! Now when and who will do we pay. The faster I pay the better off ill be!
I was just thinking about buying a set of these, so now i get to get them and save some money doing so. count me in one set. how's the order and payment going to work? let me know?
Eric
I will scan the form in. It needs to be filled out and sent into MSDS.
Originally posted by NVSVT:
I am going to get my MSDS headers and Y-pipe without the ceramic coating and then I am going to send them to Jet-Hot for coating. The finish that I selected is their "Sterling" silver, but they have many finishes available including a "Cast Iron Gray" (that should fool any inspector) and a "Matte Black". Just go to www.jet-hot.com and submit a cost estimate form for the finish you want. Don't forget to put down that you are a CEG member in the "Where did you hear about Jet-Hot" box as they have special pricing for CEG members. In fact they quoted me $125.30 for coating the headers (inside & out) + $10.50 per foot on the pipes. Shipping and handling is also additional. Jet-Hot also has a 3-year unlimited guarantee against chipping, peeling, cracking, discoloring and rusting and any new parts get a lifetime rust through warranty. Don't let the standard finish scare you away from getting 20 more (dyno proven) HP.

We had a very successful Group Buy with Jet-Hot during the summer and it appears that Chris is extending the 30% group discount I was able to get for the group buy to CEG members thanks a bunch Chris!!! The cost will still be around $200 for the Jet-Hot coating with the headers being $125 and the Y-pipe around $60-$70, plus shipping. In the long run you will not be sorry you spent the extra $$$ for Jet-Hot. If you decide to pull them off and sell them a few years from now they will still look the same and you will have no problem getting fair money for the headers and y-pipe. If you keep the car you will have the confidence that you will not have to replace them for a VERY long time.

Scott

I think Im going with Matte Black. I didnt know the Sterling finish was patented.
-tropictour
So how many people so far. The cutoff date is Oct. 22nd right. Also how is everyone dealing with the payment? Check moneyorder?
-tropictour
Cutoff is October 31. I will be posting a form from MSDS that participants will need to fill out.
Sounds good man. Thanks for the quick response cant wait.
-tropictour
I'm in. Have the money in hand, just post the order details and how to pay.
I'm committed as long as enough people are in this. Money in hand as well.
Posted By: svt4b Re: MSDS Group Buy - For Participants Only - 10/04/04 06:58 PM
i told chickmagnet im in if he is....im waiting on some money to come through and that should be very soon....SO...i should be in for
-1 set 98mtx no s/c
-2 boltflange
-with ypipe
-no coatings

i'm in for
98 mtx
coated w/y-pipe.

lets do this.
I dont recall posting the specs:

1- 98 mtx/y-pipe/coated/nonsc
1- 98 ATX/y-pipe/coated/nonsc

Lets Get-R-done!
Okay, here is the list so far:

mamisano
96_98SE
Platinum_drew
NVSVT
rk2k2
frodog3l
tropic tour
allyn48
svt4b
chickmagnet340
xkontour98 x2 sets

possibles:
hetfield
jon_mason14
svttour2002
normich99se

So that's 12 sets with 4 possibles which means we are above the minumum of 10 required for the GB. Still working on getting the form posted, need to scan it in

Deadline is still 10/31.

Thanks,
Michael
will these headers work on a 01 cougar?

if so.. im in
Originally posted by KurtsKougar:
will these headers work on a 01 cougar?

if so.. im in

Yes, same part number
im in then

do me a favor.. i dont go on this site a lot as u can tell by me just registering today.. so will the person running this group buy email me with all the infor please?

Hockeykid4418@yahoo.com
or IM me on AIM SpudFarmer05

thank you
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: MSDS Group Buy - For Participants Only - 10/06/04 08:00 PM
If I have the BAT y-pipes, will the MSDS headers bolt right up to them?
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: MSDS Group Buy - For Participants Only - 10/06/04 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Hdbngr8:
If I have the BAT y-pipes, will the MSDS headers bolt right up to them?

This has been answered several times, including this thread. He specifically says that it will fit but will VOID YOUR WARRANTY. The BAT Y-Pipe is also not tuned to flow as well with these headers.

Mark
Why will it void the warranty? Just wondering.
-tropictour
The SHO shop Y will fit so that means that the stock Y will fit. Correct? Just for inspection reasons of course.
Because the MSDS setup is designed to work as a whole unit. Take part of the unit away, you void the warranty.

Originally posted by tropictour:
Why will it void the warranty? Just wondering.
-tropictour

Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: MSDS Group Buy - For Participants Only - 10/06/04 08:45 PM
I'm not trying to be a PITA, but unless I can't read I can't find where this question was answered in this thread. I see where someone else (NVSVT) asked a similar question earlier, but the question went unanswered. Thank you for clarifying.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: MSDS Group Buy - For Participants Only - 10/06/04 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Hdbngr8:
I'm not trying to be a PITA, but unless I can't read I can't find where this question was answered in this thread. I see where someone else (NVSVT) asked a similar question earlier, but the question went unanswered. Thank you for clarifying.

Sorry about that. I guess it was from the previous thread asking about interest. This is a direct quote from SVT-PETE which I believe sums it up pretty well.

"I don't understand why so many are going without the MSDS y-pipe, when it's dyno proven to put down more hp than the SHO-BAT y-pipe. Plus you lose your warrantee from MSDS.

I've had MSDS + SHO y-pipe and went to MSDS + MSDS y-pipe and the gains were noticeable.

=Here are some dyno #s=
MSDS + MSDS y-pipe = 183.12 hp 161.45 torque
MSDS + "high flow" y-pipe = 175.62 hp 154.06 torque"
I am getting mine Jet-Hot coated. I want to know if I can ship thethe headers and Y-pipe to Jet-Hot from MSDS? Just to save on some shipping charges.
-tropictour
Nope.
I am getting mine Jet-Hot coated. I want to know if I can ship thethe headers and Y-pipe to Jet-Hot from MSDS? Just to save on some shipping charges.
-tropictour

Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Nope.
-tropictour

Well damn. How does the MSDS ceramic coating hold up?
-topictour
how can i register to get these headers!?

Marty from MSDS said i had to print out sum kind of order form?

and yes.. the any coating on headers will wear and tear in time.. this is just due to the amount of heat rushing through it.. but the coating is there to keep the heat in.
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: MSDS Group Buy - For Participants Only - 10/07/04 04:15 PM
Thanks! That's exactly the information I was looking for.
good thing to know tho..
These headers wont go to hell on you... Not in youtr lifetime anyways.. they wont be as good as they were when u bought it like in 5 years.. but they will be liftime.. dont worry about that
*sigh*

I must, very regretfully, withdraw from the group buy. I was driving dad's ZX2, and the clutch blew to hell. since I was driving at the time, and I gave it the push to hell, I'm paying half, which is still almost 500 bones. I'm not paying all cause, well, I never drive it and I'm sure he's the one who messed it up in the first place. needless to say, my "header money" has been depleted. I apologize if this really screws up the group buy, but it seems like you still have enough participants to make it worthwhile.....*maybe next time*

I have the form here and will be scanning it in. I will post it for download so everyone can fill it out and send to Marty

-Michael
When will you post the form?

after we fill it out.. when do we get the headers?

do we get them as soon as we fill out the form? or do we have to wait till October 31? cuase that would be gay
Posted By: 96_98_SE Re: MSDS Group Buy - For Participants Only - 10/07/04 10:21 PM
I just spoke with Marty at MSDS.

He said they have already ordered some additional materials to construct a batch of headers. Once the Group Buy is finished (31 Oct 04), construction of the headers will begin. He said to expect a 30-day turn-around (i.e. end of November) [due to SEMA (sp?) that MSDS will be attending]. Headers will be built/shipped in the order your name appears on whatever list Marty is maintaining -- he told me I'd get mine in the first batch, as I had spoken with him weeks ago.

He also mentioned that a small group of Mondeo owners was finalizing their Group Buy. Why don't those Europeans add their list to ours so we can ALL get a better price? Marty didn't mention what group these Mondeo owners were a part of.

Marty also cautioned that all financial transactions would be done directly with MSDS, and not any third party. Duh...
Sounds great. Just need the order form. How many of us are there going to be?
-tropictour
Ok, count me in officially. If I don't do this I will kick myself in the spring.
Okay all, form will be posted tonight, so mail it in as soon as you get a copy. First come First serve
Posted By: rk2k2 Re: MSDS Group Buy - For Participants Only - 10/12/04 02:05 PM
Sorry to say this but as of now I can only say I am only tentative on this buy. I hope I will have answers to my possible change in employment status (lay offs) before the cut off date for the buy, but the way things are looking my whole Contour project may be put on hold for an extended period. In the event you all fall one short of the 10 piece buy requirement, I will do my best to figure out a way to participate in the buy.
Originally posted by mamisano:
Okay all, form will be posted tonight, so mail it in as soon as you get a copy. First come First serve

I'm just wondering where the form is.
werd!^^

can u email the form to me? thanks
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: MSDS Group Buy - For Participants Only - 10/13/04 02:54 AM
Count me in!
Originally posted by chikmagnet340:

I'm just wondering where the form is.

-tropictour
Is there a up to date count of how many people are in for this buy? I'm just wondering which discount we would be receiving.
Posted By: 99cougar Re: MSDS Group Buy - For Participants Only - 10/13/04 06:56 PM
would we have these by x-mas? and if so where is the from i thought it was supposed to be posted a week ago!!!
Calm down, Calm down

The form is here....

http://superhawkforum.com/files/MSDS-GP.pdf

Print, Fill out, send in to Marty ASAP. I don't think we have the 20 necessary for the higher discount... that would be determined after Marty counted up the ACTUAL purchases.

Regards,
Michael
yea we should get them by xmas..

I says off road use only... on the top of the 2nd page
is that normal
Originally posted by KurtsKougar:
yea we should get them by xmas..

I says off road use only... on the top of the 2nd page
is that normal

Yes, it does not have a CARB exception #, so it is considered off-road only.
Please reply here when you have sent in your order... Mine is going in tomorrow. They need to be submittied by 10/21.
Posted By: 96_98_SE Re: MSDS Group Buy - For Participants Only - 10/15/04 02:21 PM
Completed form and cashier's check being mailed off this morning.
The Group buy will last until October 31, 2004.

Cutoff is October 31.

Deadline is still 10/31.

They need to be submittied by 10/21.

Why the sudden change?
hmmm.typo?
Probably not. I just noticed the PDF form says orders must be received by 10/22/04. Well, if I get mine in on time, great; if not, oh well.
Okay, if I don't do this, I'm gonna hate myself. Count me in.

Marty
I was just posting the date from the PDF. I will contact Marty and as him for an extra week if anyone really needs it. The sooner the money is sent in, the quicker we get our parts.

Regards,
Michael
I'm putting the check in the mail Monday afternoon; hopefully it will get to MSDS on time. Other stuff I've sent to the west coast has made it in four days, so I'm not too worried.
so when is the cut-off date? 22nd 31st?
Posted By: NVSVT MSDS Group Buy - For Participants Only(UPDATE) - 10/18/04 05:10 PM
I could use an extra week (another paycheck). I would be grateful if you could get Marty to extend the cutoff to the 29th.
Email sent off to Marty, asked him for the 31st. I will post his response
getting headers and y pipe maybe with the extreme coating for a 2001 atx cougar

Im going to bet mine sent out tues or wed
just mailed the form to MSDS
99 CSVT MTX
3 bolt flange
y pipe
Xtreme metallic ceramic coat
Okay guys, keep sending them in. THE OFFICIAL DEADLINE is 10/31. Please have them POSTMARKED by that day.

Also, do NOT call in your order... you will be charged full price. You need to download the form, print it out and mail it in to MSDS.

Later,
Michael
how many are in so far for sure?
if there is enough for the cheaper price and we have all ready sent in money, is he going to adjust the price or do we pay what we wrote down on the form
sending in my money today
Originally posted by jaged:
if there is enough for the cheaper price and we have all ready sent in money, is he going to adjust the price or do we pay what we wrote down on the form

Just sent a note to Marty...waiting for a response to this question

Oh yeah - Officially sent mine in
Regarding payment and if we go over 19 orders:

"Michael, if we exceed the 19 orders, all cust'rs will receive a credit back with their shipment."
can i still get in on this if i get the form mailed in time?
or is it too late?
Originally posted by neversummer7:
can i still get in on this if i get the form mailed in time?
or is it too late?

Sure you can. Anyone can join in as long as the form is postmarked by the 31st.

Regards,
Michael
Quote:

"Michael, if we exceed the 19 orders, all cust'rs will receive a credit back with their shipment."

sweet. I sent mine in last tuesday
Is anybody not geting the Y pipe?
Or is there any way I could get just the Y?
Already have the headers and would love to pick up a Y for $40-70.
I only see 7 people who replied about posted form.

mailed form:
jaged
neversummer7
mamisano
KurtsKougar
SPGVT
hetfield

But I see 16 people posted in this thread (I never look at the 2 other thread about this started by mamisano)
please if I'm blind and I didn't see your post about that let us know if you had sent the form to Marty:

interrested, but not confirmed:
nvsvt
groovenerd
mySVT
RandySvt
tropictour
chikmagnet340
rk2k2
99cougar
XKontour98
svt4b
Allyn48
frodog31
Redlineracer
jon mason14
svttour2002
NorMich99SE

And are we suppose to receive a call or a mail from MSDS to confirm they received our purchase form ????
Posted By: NVSVT MSDS Group Buy - For Participants Only(UPDATE) - 10/28/04 02:04 PM
I'm sending mine in today. I would have sent it sooner, but I was trying to get MSDS to do a custom (optimized) y-pipe for me. I e-mailed my request to Marty on Monday and I received his reply Tuesday (by the way his answer was No). I got the money order yesterday and I'm sending the order today.

I'm ordering the standard headers & y-pipe, uncoated, for a 1998 Contour with a manual transmission and a 2-bolt flange.
Posted By: NVSVT MSDS Group Buy - For Participants Only(UPDATE) - 10/30/04 12:11 AM
Since today is October 29th (and all orders have to be post marked by the 31st), should we get a quick confirmation from everyone that has sent in their order?
I sent my form and check in on the 20th of oct. just wanted to confirm that this is still on the up and up. i've been out of the loop. just got back in town.
Hey guys, i'm really sorry but I am bot going to be able to take part in this GB. I have to replace the tranny in my SVT and it really doesnt make sense to put headers onit if its not going to be moving.... wish I could afford to stay in.
Originally posted by XKontour98:
it really doesnt make sense to put headers onit if its not going to be moving

one day you'll learn. this decision, you will regret
I sent mine out today. Do we have enough people for the cheaper price yet? somebody start up a list.
Posted By: NVSVT MSDS Group Buy - For Participants Only(UPDATE) - 10/30/04 05:37 AM
I only count nine so far.
Originally posted by RyeLou:
Originally posted by XKontour98:
it really doesnt make sense to put headers on it if its not going to be moving

one day you'll learn. this decision, you will regret

I know, I really wish I could go a head with it and I am fighting with myself to hold back. I actually have a money order sitting on my desk made out to MSDS but I just cant bring myself to send it!
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: MSDS Group Buy - Should Now Have TEN! - 10/30/04 10:44 PM
DING! DING! DING! Number 10! I just mailed my order at the post office, and it should be postmarked at 6pm tonight! w00t!

Marty
Posted By: NVSVT MSDS Group Buy - Should Now Have TEN! - 10/31/04 12:21 AM
I've made a list. Unless someone ordered their headers and forgot to post we just barely made ten sets.

Definitely In
mamisano (10/16/2004)
chikmagnet340
96 98 SE (10/15/2004)
NVSVT (10/28/2004)
frodog31 (10/20/2004)
tropictour
Allyn48
svt4b
KurtsKougar (10/21/2004)
hetfield (10/18/2004)
RandyCSVT (10/30/2004)
GrooveNerd (10/30/2004)
jaged (10/19/2004)
SPGVT (10/19/2004)

Possibly In
NorMich99SE
svttour2002
jon mason14
rk2k2
Redlineracer12
neversummer7
[censored]... I just missed it... I need another group buy. I was just about to pull a huge loan to pimp my tour... I guess I go retail.
Originally posted by Flemloid 3.0:
[censored]... I just missed it... I need another group buy. I was just about to pull a huge loan to pimp my tour... I guess I go retail.

Send it in... I am SURE it won't be a problem. Do it on Monday though.

Sent certified check in yesterday ( 10/30/04 postmark)
I need to talk to my bank... so like... I dunno if can get loan by then. EH... its ok though...
i didn't mean to flake out, but i unfortunately had to pass on this even though i had every intention on going through with it. I guess i'll just wait and pay full price when i can. Sorry everyone.
Okay all, looks like we will make the 10-19 set price, but just barely. I sent an email to Marty @ MSDS to see how many payments he has received and also for an estimated ship date.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: MSDS Group Buy - Should Now Have TEN! - 11/01/04 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Flemloid 3.0:

Send it in... I am SURE it won't be a problem. Do it on Monday though.

Ok well I guess I am back in , hopefuly they will except my payment being that it is a day late on the postmark......However the vehicle I was originally going to put them on wont be getting them. The SE just threw codes for the prectas going bad so and I am not going to make it under the extended warranty so I figure this is the next best route to take! The Se is in need of a new flex pipe and I wanted to upgrade the ypipe so this current problem only helped me make my decision.
XKontour98, same reason I am getting the MSDS headers. My car keeps throwing the O2 code no matter what I try... Glad to see you are onboard the GP.

Later
Okay all, looks like we will make the 10-19 set price, but just barely. I sent an email to Marty @ MSDS to see how many payments he has received and also for an estimated ship date.

It's been a week, any word from Marty?
Originally posted by hetfield:

It's been a week, any word from Marty?

Not yet, he was at SEMA last week. I will ping him again tomorrow
Is there any way I can purchase this kit at the group buy price given the date?

Pete
I wanna buy some MSDS headers, someone shud have another group by...
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: MSDS Group Buy - Should Now Have TEN! - 11/09/04 06:55 AM
I met and spoke with Marty at SEMA last week, and he said that he's planning on beginning shipping out product at the end of November if the coating company doesn't have a backlog of jobs. He also said that the uncoated headers would probably be getting shipped first, since they don't have to go to be coated. He had a pair of our headers on display with some others at the show -- they really look nice! W00t!

I would have posted this sooner, but I just got home today, and my freakin' laptop was screwing-up and wouldn't access the internet while I was in Vegas... Grrrrr.

Marty
Are all the headers getting shiped at the end of november? If not i probably need to change the adderess they are getting shiped to, because i am not going to be at my appt. for christmas break. Does anyone know if this is possible?
Originally posted by neversummer7:
Are all the headers getting shiped at the end of november? If not i probably need to change the adderess they are getting shiped to, because i am not going to be at my appt. for christmas break. Does anyone know if this is possible?

From Marty:
Quote:

Michael, we have totalled 13 for the GB . We are on target for the end of Nov. for shipping, if all goes smooth at ceramic/ no re-dos etc. Raw sets will leave first.
Thx. marty msdsinc.

If you need to change the address, you might need to contact him... lmk.

-Michael
From Marty:
Quote:

Michael, we have totalled 13 for the GB . We are on target for the end of Nov. for shipping, if all goes smooth at ceramic/ no re-dos etc. Raw sets will leave first.
Thx. marty msdsinc.

w00t!
If you guys are wondering about performance gains...I installed my MSDS Headers and Y-Pipe the weekend before last. It was a 1st time MSDS install for me and I did it by myself in about 8 hours. The biggest problem was getting the EGR tube off (about 2 1/2 hours) after that it wasn't too bad. I also did a oil change during the job...getting the oil filter out of the way helps a lot. The car runs great and feels noticeably stronger with improved throttle response and torque.

This past weekend I dynoed my car on a Mustang Dyno and the gains from the headers and y-pipe were +11.44 hp and 15.7 lb torque based on my previous baseline. Also let it be noted that my gains were cut short by the factory rev limiter @ 6750. The car was still making power when it cut off...so those of you with a chip and a higher rev limit should see even more HP in the high end. See my post in Dyno & Drag for plots and more detail.

This is a great deal/mod and you will love the gains!

Scott
Posted By: mamisano_dup1 Re: MSDS Group Buy - PARTS SHIPPING! - 12/01/04 02:17 PM
Received yesterday (Tuesday 11/30) From Marty:
Quote:

Michael, the raw-steel sets left today (3) customers. The ceramic (10 sets) are now coming back from the contractor, getting final QC, bubble- packed and readied for freight p/u.
The holidays were great, but also added a couple of extra days for the ceramic turn-around. One set is going to Canada via USPS...that will proll'y be the last pkg. to arrive.
Track #s will be available as we start to ship these out.
Thanks for using MSDS upgrade products !
Regards, Marty & Staff, MSDSinc.

Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: MSDS Group Buy - PARTS SHIPPING! - 12/01/04 03:46 PM
I just put my car away for the winter, so I'll get to stare at these headers until March But I got headers
sweet. uncoated headers arrived, now off to jet-hot they go. thanks to mamisano for setting this thing up and to everyone who participated to make it happen. not long now for all you other guys/gals.
Posted By: NVSVT MSDS Group Buy - For Participants Only - 12/03/04 03:52 AM
This has been a good day. This afternoon I sent my upper and lower intake manifolds to Extrude Hone to have the upper manifold max-honed and port-matched to the lower manifold. Then when I got home from work my headers were here.

So tomorrow the Y-Pipe goes to Street Rod Specialties (SRS) to have it optimized and then when SRS is done I'll send the headers and Y-Pipe off to Jet-Hot for coating.

I want to say "THANK YOU" to Michael for setting-up the group buy and to all of you for following through to make this happen.
W00t! My headers showed up today! Now to send them off to Jet Hot...

As previously said, a major THANK YOU to Michael for getting this GB going and completed!

NVSVT -- Are you just going to optimize your stock Y-pipe, or do something to the MSDS one?

Marty
Posted By: NVSVT MSDS Group Buy - For Participants Only - 12/04/04 12:53 AM
SVT PETE sent me this link;

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=perf&Number=337668&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

So I am having this done to my MSDS Y-Pipe.
Nice! I'd forgotten about that post. Thanks for bringin' it up again.

Marty
From Marty:

Quote:

Hi Michael, The GB has totally been shipped out . If any of your members need FedEx track #s , just have them email me at msdsinc@sbcglobal.net and title the email GB4 Track # Request.
The Canada shipment will be USPS and does not provide tracking (20th century, LoL !).
We at MSDS all appreciate the opportunity to provide the Duratec enthusiasts our upgrade products !...and a personal thanks to Michael .
Regards, Marty and crew on MSDSinc.

Posted By: 96_98_SE Re: MSDS Group Buy - ALL ORDERS SHIPPED! - 12/10/04 02:18 AM
Received my headers this evening. I hope to get them installed over the Christmas holiday!

I like the "VTEC Smoked by Duratec" sticker MSDS included in the box.
Posted By: NVSVT MSDS Group Buy - ALL ORDERS SHIPPED! - 12/10/04 07:25 AM
Originally posted by 96_98_SE:
I like the "VTEC Smoked by Duratec" sticker MSDS included in the box.

Yeah that was pretty cool.
Posted By: svtkid04 Re: MSDS Group Buy - ALL ORDERS SHIPPED! - 12/12/04 03:31 AM
is it possible for me to get in on the gb by any chance. i have the money ready, just didnt get a chance to get in on this. if so just let me know what i have to do to get in.
The group purchase was completed on 10/30, with parts shipping just last week.

You may want to contact Marty as MSDS to see if you can still get the GP price... msdsinc@sbcglobal.net.

Reference Contour.org Group Buy #4 in the email.
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: MSDS Group Buy - ALL ORDERS SHIPPED! - 12/12/04 08:25 AM
Nice sticker! I'd better check waaay down in the box, 'cause I didn't see onna dem with mine... Was it just loose in the box, or was it in the box with the MILs?

Marty
Posted By: NVSVT MSDS Group Buy - ALL ORDERS SHIPPED! - 12/12/04 08:53 AM
Originally posted by GrooveNerd:
Was it just loose in the box, or was it in the box with the MILs?

It was in an envelope buried down inside the box.
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: MSDS Group Buy - ALL ORDERS SHIPPED! - 12/12/04 11:09 AM
Ah, cool. Thanks!

Marty
My set arrived Friday. I only pulled out one header, but it was in perfect condition. Thanks for putting this GB together.
Posted By: jaged Re: MSDS Group Buy - ALL ORDERS SHIPPED! - 12/12/04 11:24 PM
I got mine on sat. I have a Trubendz test pipe w/cat coming on the 15th and gonna start putting everything this sat.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: MSDS Group Buy - ALL ORDERS SHIPPED! - 12/13/04 12:01 AM
Originally posted by hetfield:
My set arrived Friday. I only pulled out one header, but it was in perfect condition. Thanks for putting this GB together.

Posted By: KurtsKougar Re: MSDS Group Buy - ALL ORDERS SHIPPED! - 12/13/04 05:36 PM
Got mine who hoo.. they are goin on sunday morning.. Thanks for setting this up guys

bye for now.. unless u get another gb soon.. if u do.. post it at Teamneco.com
© CEG Archives