Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: F111D F_dup1 Fuel Pump recall #04N02 - 05/04/04 04:42 PM
Anyone get one or is this Cougars only??? 1999 and UP?
Paul
Posted By: F111D F_dup1 Re: Fuel Pump recall #04N02 - 05/05/04 06:59 PM
What's the Cougar web site??

tnx
Paul
Posted By: moxnix_dup1 Re: Fuel Pump recall #04N02 - 05/05/04 07:20 PM
Originally posted by F111D F:
What's the Cougar web site??

This one ?

http://www.fastcougar.com/forums/
Posted By: F111D F_dup1 Re: Fuel Pump recall #04N02 - 05/07/04 02:17 AM
Just for 2000 Cougar with return-less.

Ford Extends Warranty On Cougar Fuel Pumps To Ten Years
Robert Lane
14 April 2004

* UPDATED 14 April 2004 *

Ford Motor Company told its dealers that Ford has extended the warranty on 1999-2002 Mercury Cougar fuel delivery modules (FMD) "fuel pump" to 10 years from the original warranty start date. The new warranty will not limit the amount of miles that the vehicle has been driven. Ford Motor Company will NOT notify owners of the changes. Ford will mail Cougar owners a notice of this policy change.

Ford is replacing the fuel pumps because they can become contaminated and cause engine hesitation, loss of power and surging.

According to Ford's instructions of the dealers, should a consumer "inform a dealership that their vehicle exhibits stalling, engine hesitation, loss of power, surging or other similar symptoms, replace the FMD. There is no need for further diagnostics prior to FDM replacement. Owners are not to be charged for any diagnostics or repairs relation to the FDM replacement."

If you repairs have already been completed, Ford Motor Company will refund owner-paid repairs.

The warranty code is 04N02.

Posted By: Cueball Re: Fuel Pump recall #04N02 - 05/07/04 05:18 PM
Hopefully it will extend to the Contique soon, since this is a common problem on our cars too. I think mine is bad. I have the telltale loss of power at 3,500 rpm with less than 1/4 tank of gas.
Posted By: Booger Re: Fuel Pump recall #04N02 - 05/07/04 07:03 PM
I replaced my "FMD" myself so if they do extend this to Contiques I'll probably still get shafted. I cut the hole bigger in the floor so I don't want them checking up on my work.
Posted By: bigwalton_dup1 Re: Fuel Pump recall #04N02 - 04/05/05 11:07 PM
If anyone's subscribed to this... how the hell did you do this yourself with it requiring removal of the ring in the bottom of the tank?

I just ordered a replacement unit for a friend's fuel pump and got this totally bizarre thing with all kinds of instructions and associated parts to replace...

linky
© CEG Archives