Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: THEDANT21 WTF - 01/06/04 08:49 PM
as i was leaving school i noticed my car wouldnt roll in neutral. so i pulled up the e brake and it was much harder to opull up then normal, so i tried to get it loose adn finally did but it is still stiff and the ebrake is still somewhat on. Is there a cable or anything i can adjust, i dont want to burn off my pads
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: WTF - 01/06/04 08:58 PM
Sounds like the cable might be binding. I don't know if this will apply to your car, but it might help:

http://www.contour.org/FAQ/FAQ.php?s=probs&displayid=2
Posted By: THEDANT21 Re: WTF - 01/08/04 04:21 AM
Haha, took off my console to see if i could fix it. Low and behold a nickel had gotten in there because of my ebrake boot tabs being broken . New ebrake boot time i guess...
Posted By: TaurusKev Re: WTF - 01/08/04 04:25 AM
I noticed my e-brake was hard when I first got the car, went up about 3 clicks, then i got angry one day since i couldnt roll it (like you tried) and pulled very hard on the e-brake. i think i damaged something tho.... only do in case of emergency i guess....
Posted By: Stevedrivr Re: WTF - 01/08/04 04:46 AM
Originally posted by THEDANT21:
Haha, took off my console to see if i could fix it. Low and behold a nickel had gotten in there because of my ebrake boot tabs being broken . New ebrake boot time i guess...

A five cent cure !!! That has got to be the cheapest fix for a tour on record!!

Wait! Thats actualy a PLUS five cent fix ! You came out a nickel ahead of the game!!

DEFINATELY gotta be a new record!!
© CEG Archives