Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 99_2.5_V6 Rear seat - 03/20/03 12:23 PM
I've read several posts and looked at the technical CD that states all you need to do is push down then lift up! I can't get my rear cushion out by this process. Any ideas or tricks!

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: svtavino_dup1 Re: Rear seat - 03/20/03 01:04 PM
I recently pulled out my seat but I had broken the 2 clips that were in the front. $4 a piece. After breaking them I think you need to push on the tab with a srew driver then pull up. I would like to hear how other people do it since I am unsure if that way will work. And I also couldn't find anything on it in the CD either.
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: Rear seat - 03/20/03 03:08 PM
When i pulled mine out, I had to pull really hard. I think i actually stood inside the car and used my legs like i was doing a dead lift. Don't know if it was the porper way or not, but it worked lol.
Posted By: MassContour Re: Rear seat - 03/20/03 03:59 PM
Didn't have a problem with mine; it just popped out. Not sure if clips had been broken by previous owner. Seems to fit back in pretty snug, though.
Posted By: Nate'sTour Re: Rear seat - 03/20/03 04:00 PM
agreed! It's a bee yatch to get it out sometimes...(that sounds nasty!)

I'd "stand" in the middle section, feet straddling the center hump. Grab both sides of the center of each rear cushion and pull up hard. It should snap up and there you go.
Posted By: 99_2.5_V6 Re: Rear seat - 03/20/03 05:40 PM
Pull straight up?
Posted By: dbird_dup1 Re: Rear seat - 03/20/03 06:00 PM
you need to push down and then back and then up... look at the hook and then figure it out
J for the hook and O for the latch or vise versa, it got to come off the hook so it can come up...
Posted By: ibub_dup1 Re: Rear seat - 03/20/03 06:07 PM
you need to push down, then towards the front a little to clear the brackets. Then lift up.
Posted By: olekeg_dup1 Re: Rear seat - 03/20/03 10:18 PM
i can get my lower cushion out at least loose but i cant get the middle seatbelt undone. I have looked in the chiltons and they dont say anything about it. anybody have any ideas or suggestions.
Posted By: horseydug_dup1 Re: Rear seat - 03/20/03 11:05 PM
Originally posted by olekeg:
.... i cant get the middle seatbelt undone.

You have to separate at the buckle with a screwdriver.

Push seat cushion back and up should do it if your hands are at carpet level. If at top front edge then down, back and up should do it.
Posted By: olekeg_dup1 Re: Rear seat - 03/21/03 08:06 PM
Thanks, im planning on taking mine out so that i dont have to taxi everyone around anymore. Besides the weight savings
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: Rear seat - 03/22/03 12:25 AM
i took mine out easy-peasy, slipped right off.

i'm trying to get two front passenger SVT seats and put them in the back somehow with a console in the middle for my little one to watch tv or play games on. of course that's after i get my finances sorted out.
Posted By: 99_2.5_V6 Re: Rear seat - 03/25/03 02:56 PM
I took out my rear seat this weekend! Pulled up to release the clips but broke the one! I can't see a way of releasing them but you just have to pull up! Then the base of the seat is hooked in on both sides which you need to push back to relase!
Posted By: Nate'sTour Re: Rear seat - 03/25/03 09:14 PM
Originally posted by cliffjohnson:
i took mine out easy-peasy, slipped right off.

i'm trying to get two front passenger SVT seats and put them in the back somehow with a console in the middle for my little one to watch tv or play games on. of course that's after i get my finances sorted out.

That's a great idea! But I think the rear shelf is too high and your seats will be much higher in the back. But, that'd make a great photoshop challenge

Any takers??
Posted By: DankBud42o Re: Rear seat - 03/25/03 11:00 PM
Be careful!!!! i was doing mine carefully and i broke 1 of the white clips AND........ the metal wire in the foam on the other side RIPPED OUT halfway!!!!!!! so now my seat isnt too secure, so be careful pullin dat shi0t up mang.
Posted By: gSto Re: Rear seat - 03/26/03 01:09 AM
are we talking about the rear bench cusion or the rear bench backrest? either way ididn't see to have any problems getting my cusion out...and my backrest was bolted down...

so im confused at how u guys are breaking clips
Posted By: DankBud42o Re: Rear seat - 03/26/03 05:14 AM
Originally posted by gSto:
are we talking about the rear bench cusion or the rear bench backrest? either way ididn't see to have any problems getting my cusion out...and my backrest was bolted down...

so im confused at how u guys are breaking clips

for the cusion, on each side in the front of each cusion theres a metal wire thats inside the foam cusion, each one is pushed into a white plastic clip. thats the clips that i was talkin bout. the backrest was a sinch.
Posted By: 99_2.5_V6 Re: Rear seat - 03/26/03 12:21 PM
How much do the clips cost and where can I get them!
Posted By: delmar_dup1 Re: Rear seat - 03/26/03 02:16 PM
Originally posted by 99_2.5_V6:
How much do the clips cost and where can I get them!

Clips are a couple bucks each and can be had from the dealer.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Rear seat - 03/27/03 03:13 AM
I think the ford dealer by me quoted me tha they were $9 but of course they didnt have them in stock and they only sell in pairs.
Posted By: BaBySHO419 Re: Rear seat - 03/27/03 05:04 AM
i got an idea for the rear seat.
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: Rear seat - 06/03/03 09:52 PM
Originally posted by horseydug:

Push seat cushion back and up should do it if your hands are at carpet level. If at top front edge then down, back and up should do it.

Do not separate it at the buckle unless you want to break it!! Just did that to mine and now i am looking at it on the underside of the buckle there is a small hole, you need to stick somthing up there and it will release the belt. You dont have to break off the plastic cover!!!
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Rear seat - 06/03/03 10:40 PM
Originally posted by BlackE1:
Originally posted by horseydug:

Do not separate it at the buckle unless you want to break it!! Just did that to mine and now i am looking at it on the underside of the buckle there is a small hole, you need to stick somthing up there and it will release the belt. You dont have to break off the plastic cover!!!

READ THE OWNERS MANUALS GUYS!!!! IT IS UNDER THE "SEATING " SECTION!!!!

There is a small hole you can get a paperclip in!

As far as the seat goes. Stand outside the car and pull up on the front of the rear seat near the corner on one side. It will pop, then go to the other side and do the same thing. Once you have that done push down and back on the rear of the cushion to unhook it on both sides.

You're not going to save a ton of weight doing this mod though. The seat is incredibly light. You're going to get a ton of road noise from this mod also.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Rear seat - 06/04/03 01:53 AM
What exactly is under the seats??
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: Rear seat - 06/04/03 02:01 AM
um metal?!?!?
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Rear seat - 06/04/03 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Kingpin:
What exactly is under the seats??

Easy access to the fuel pump with some tin snips. You can gain access to the connectors without tin snips since they are just covered by a rubber gramut. But if you have a bad fuel pump and want to change it out then you have to enlarge the prexisting hole.

Other then that and just wanting to take the back seat out for weight I see no other purpose. Unless you're wanting to make your car noisy inside.
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: Rear seat - 06/05/03 02:58 PM
"You're not going to save a ton of weight doing this mod though. The seat is incredibly light. You're going to get a ton of road noise from this mod also."

Took seat out to put in system. i am going for a professional look not wires everywere.
© CEG Archives