Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
EDIT: I got the console out.

My friend is like "Let me see it" and I was like "Wait" and he pulled hard on the indicator strip breaking it in two. So do I need to remove the shift indicator bezel to replace the broke indicator strip? It looks like there is a white piece I need to unscrew...and I need to order the part from Ford too I guess. I might just throw a shiftboot on the stupid thing...:(

Thanks.
NHTSA says there is a recall on those for some models (including my 95). My Ford dealer ran it through OASIS, and says no. Anyone know what gives?
In reply to:

I might just throw a shiftboot on the stupid thing...:(

IMO, a shift boot would look better anyway
Originally posted by bentleywarren:
NHTSA says there is a recall on those for some models (including my 95). My Ford dealer ran it through OASIS, and says no. Anyone know what gives?

Had to do with certain cleaning fluids disfiguring the bezel to the point you couldn't see what gear you were in.
Mine has broken, to the point that the indicator doesn't even move when I change gears. But, the Ford dealer says OASIS doesn't report anything on this problem. I guess I'll take the dealer a printout of the NHTSA letter. ???????
I'm not even going to bother putting a shift boot on it, it's just going to be broken.
© CEG Archives