Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I noticed since last week whenever I gas to around 70MPH it makes a weird vibrating noise. It vibrates the floor and gas pedal and making a quick rattle-type noise. The engine light is not on.. I have no idea what is wrong. Even if I let go of the gas at 70, it will still make the noise alittle and then stop until I gas it again. Also... when I accelerate I can "feel" it coming too... it just sounds different. Any ideas on what this could be?? It couldn't be the wheel bearing could it?
bump and update - when i say i hear it "coming" i meant that the acceleration noise isn't how it use to be.. anyone have any ideas on this? give it a shot! i'm willing to try ANYTHNG!!!
i have this problem to when i get around 60 MPH...i assume its my tires...they need to be changed or rotated or something....its a pain in the asssssss....
when my car got out of alignment after hitting a curb I had that problem severly at highway speeds. It could be something as simple as that.
Your rattle/vibration in the footwell could be a loose heat shield on the main cat or something else on or around the exhaust & y-pipe. If you feel it in the steering read on...

I had a humming noise and slight vibration that would grow in intensity from about 35 to 60 MPH. After replacing one wheel bearing and starting on the second one, I discovered the left side inner CV joint was very worn. This was around 120K miles, so the wear was not unexpected. NAPA has the axles for about $65 and it's quiet as mouse now!
Did you replace the axle yourself? I just did my left axle and it was a Major PITA.
Yeah, left side. I was already in the process of pulling the knuckle, so it wasn't too bad. I had to get a loaner slide hammer with a reverse claw clamp (autozone) to get the inner u-joint cup out of the tranny.
Was your girlfriend in the car with you at the time?
© CEG Archives