Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: davegote_dup1 Heater Fan - 08/16/02 01:46 PM
Hi,

I have 1996 Contour. The fan speeds work other than the high speed. I seem to remember there was a problem with the wiring at the switch. Or is there something else I should look for? Glad to se you back!!!

David
Posted By: eschutzjr Re: Heater Fan - 08/16/02 02:11 PM
Heater Blower Resistor. There was a recall on this for the 1998's (maybe older as well). The recall involved installing a new resistor and a new thicker wiring harnass that can handle the heat of the resistor. This can be a do it yourself job, just need to solder, put some heat shrink wrap on and you are all set. 30 minute job at the most. My resistor is located directly above where the passenger would put their left foot kind of behind the glove box/dash. It is a white rectangle and can't be missed. I have heard it is in different locations on different cars. Look behind the glovebox on the left hand side and down a little, this is where most are.
Posted By: horseydug_dup1 Re: Heater Fan - 08/16/02 02:59 PM
There were 2 "recalls"; one for the switch and the latest for the resistors.
Posted By: Sidewinder_dup1 Re: Heater Fan - 08/19/02 03:35 AM
My wiring harness slagged out today. "Who's burning plastic?" Well, it was my fan resistor! I had just replaced the resistor a few weeks ago, but now the harness is toast. I don't recall if I got the recall work done or not... Time to call the local Fjord dealer for some info...
© CEG Archives