Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: starjammir car will start sometimes... - 09/01/06 11:09 PM
My svt when i jump in it and turn the key to the start position it will make this grinding noise and does not turn over (like when you try to start a car thats already started). But when I go to start it and turn the key to the on position then wait 3 seconds or so and turn to to the start position it starts fine. Any suggestions?
Posted By: buttersSVT Re: car will start sometimes... - 09/01/06 11:33 PM
new starter/solnoid( not shure on spelling)? thats what it sonds like it could be.....id start with the cheap fixes first
Posted By: starjammir Re: car will start sometimes... - 09/01/06 11:36 PM
LOL what is a cheap fix on this car :S
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: car will start sometimes... - 09/02/06 04:22 AM
Originally posted by buttersSVT:
new starter/solnoid( not shure on spelling)? thats what it sonds like it could be.....id start with the cheap fixes first

Always do the cheap and easy ones first
Posted By: FavoriteMystaque Re: car will start sometimes... - 09/03/06 12:33 AM
Starter is cheaper than flywheel
Posted By: RPM Re: car will start sometimes... - 09/04/06 11:19 PM
Hi mate I've got the same problem!
Anyway, today I've changed the starter and it's not fun really. After puting everything back the car started great, I drove it a little just to get the air off the cooling system.

Unfortunatelly when I tried to start it later today I got the same noise! :nonono: I guess I'm missing teeth on the flywheel :cry: :help:
I hope you'll have better luck!
Posted By: starjammir Re: car will start sometimes... - 09/04/06 11:28 PM
Originally posted by RPM:
Anyway, today I've changed the starter and it's not fun really. After puting everything back the car started great, I drove it a little just to get the air off the cooling system.

Unfortunatelly when I tried to start it later today I got the same noise! I guess I'm missing teeth on the flywheel

Thats not what I like to hear
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: car will start sometimes... - 09/05/06 12:08 AM
Originally posted by starjammir:

Unfortunatelly when I tried to start it later today I got the same noise! I guess I'm missing teeth on the flywheel

Thats not what I like to hear

that wouldnt make sense bill... You have a brand new fidenza flywheel which might I add also has been lightened... If its already missing teeth I would be contacting who installed it.
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: car will start sometimes... - 09/05/06 12:24 AM

Welcome, RPM . Before assuming the worst, check if the starter is aligned properly. You may just have not installed it properly.
© CEG Archives