Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Bugzuki Cab Air Filter - 08/31/06 04:01 PM
Does the cab air filter get wet when it rains? Every time it rains the interior of my car smells like something is rotten. This has been going on since about Christmas.

The trunk smells fine, so I know it is not a leak in there.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Cab Air Filter - 08/31/06 04:04 PM
it could I suppose, sounds like it is time to change it anyway
Posted By: SquareHead Re: Cab Air Filter - 08/31/06 06:25 PM
How much was the tranny upgrade?
Looks really good and beefy.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Cab Air Filter - 08/31/06 06:34 PM
Originally posted by SquareHead:
How much was the cabin filter?

Yeah, AutoZone has real beefy filters!!

Bosch cabin filter
Posted By: Bugzuki Re: Cab Air Filter - 08/31/06 06:49 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I was thinking that I should replace the filter. Can any one think of any other place water could be getting in to the passenger compartment and rotting? It happens when the car sits over night.
Posted By: Bugzuki Re: Cab Air Filter - 08/31/06 07:19 PM
Originally posted by SquareHead:
How much was the tranny upgrade?

The Torsen was 650 from BAT, but I hear they are discontinued. If I can remember correctly the rest of the parts came to around 350. If you PM me I can send you the spreadsheet I madeup to order the stuff. It has all of the part numbers and discriptions.

I did the work myself. I could not see paying to ship it back and forth from Terry. There is nothing real special about this tranny, except maybe the shims. I guess they are hard to find. With the Torsen I did not need any, everything went back with original shims. Checked with a micrometer.

I did not do the shift tower upgrade at the time. I was out of money. I should probably do it sometime in the future. I also did not switch to the Zetec final drive because all of the gears on the output shaft are sold as a package for 1000 dollars. Terry will only sell them to you if you have him rebuild the tranny for you. Maybe I will look for one at the wrecking yard when I do the 3.0L upgrade in a couple weeks.
Posted By: 98-contour-zetec Re: Cab Air Filter - 08/31/06 10:35 PM
mine leaked come to find out the filter was in very bad shape it was so bad that it had pulled away and was leting water pass behind and run down and in from behind the blower motor and was getting the carpet wet mine was holding water in the pass floorboard. i replaced the filter it still leaked so i used sealacone to seal it and have had no more problem from it just make sure u stop by a car wash and get all the water out from the mess. also try a cleaner and it will get rid of the smell.if you need any more help send me a PM.
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Cab Air Filter - 09/01/06 12:25 AM
Good info here
Posted By: Bugzuki Re: Cab Air Filter - 09/01/06 07:16 PM
Thanks for the additional help. I will look into it.
Posted By: 95blufrdr Re: Cab Air Filter - 09/04/06 11:28 PM
Where exactly is the cabin air filter ???
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Cab Air Filter - 09/05/06 12:20 AM
Originally posted by 95blufrdr:
Where exactly is the cabin air filter ???

Pasenger side. Under the "vents" next to the outside of the windshield.

How in Main Site FAQ

Good pictures from Autozone
© CEG Archives