Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: johnoh wierd dpfe situation - 08/27/06 05:03 PM
'95 zetek 2.0 here

A couple days ago I got code 332 Insufficient EGR flow. I cleaned the TB and passages and the EGR itself was new so I decided to try a new dpfe. The old one was silver metal and the new one is black plastic.

Well the new DPFE stopped throwing 332, but throws 335 instead - "PFE sensor circuit voltage out of Self-Test range". There is no longer a lighted CEL when driving - but when I check for codes I get 335. Interestingly, when I reset the pcm and check for codes again, without even having driven the car since resetting, I get 335 - so it must register without even turning on the engine.

Because this was confusing me I picked up yet another dpfe and tried it - I get the same situation - no lighted CEL, but 335 is there. Anyone know what the deal is here?
Posted By: projectSHO89_dup1 Re: wierd dpfe situation - 08/27/06 10:30 PM
What brand and part number sensor did you install? Purchased where?

Bet it's not a Motorcraft...

Steve
Posted By: johnoh Re: wierd dpfe situation - 08/28/06 01:44 PM
Oreillys said my Contour takes their part EGR155 so I decided to go with it after reading the below...

"part number EGR155 from Oreillys and YES it is a Motorcraft OE sensor disguised in a Borg Warner box - the SAME Exact sensor that is $100 at the dealer. Its about $44 at Oreilly."

post from other Ford forum
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: wierd dpfe situation - 08/29/06 01:03 AM
Originally posted by johnoh:
..Well the new DPFE stopped throwing 332, but throws 335 instead - "PFE sensor circuit voltage out of Self-Test range". There is no longer a lighted CEL when driving - but when I check for codes I get 335. Interestingly, when I reset the pcm and check for codes again, without even having driven the car since resetting, I get 335 - so it must register without even turning on the engine.

Because this was confusing me I picked up yet another dpfe and tried it - I get the same situation - no lighted CEL, but 335 is there. Anyone know what the deal is here?

Check connector and wiring.
© CEG Archives