Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: coatsy Signal Light Blinks like 100 - 08/14/06 09:44 PM
When I put my left signal on it blinks like theres no tommorrow.. FAST and LOUD.. What might be causing it, all the lights work, just really fast blinking.
Posted By: starjammir Re: Signal Light Blinks like 100 - 08/14/06 09:49 PM
Maybe a burned out tail light...its possible
Posted By: European Re: Signal Light Blinks like 100 - 08/14/06 09:50 PM
I got the same damn problem but have been to lazy to fix it or attempt to fix it but my problem is CONSANT ticking, unbelieveable. someone here told me its the multi function switch dieing and needs to be replaced, or something along those lines, oh well, the ticking demons haunt me still.
Posted By: coatsy Re: Signal Light Blinks like 100 - 08/14/06 09:54 PM
Nope all the lights work..
Posted By: starjammir Re: Signal Light Blinks like 100 - 08/14/06 09:56 PM
Interesting, did you check the turn signal bulbs to make sure they work?
Posted By: coatsy Re: Signal Light Blinks like 100 - 08/14/06 10:00 PM
Originally posted by coatsy:
Nope all the lights work..

ALL LIGHTS WORK..
Posted By: starjammir Re: Signal Light Blinks like 100 - 08/14/06 10:04 PM
I saw that but didnt know if you ment just the tail lights or what...no need to scream at me...i would check the flasher unit, if that checks out good then go check for shorts
Posted By: coatsy Re: Signal Light Blinks like 100 - 08/14/06 11:41 PM
Sorry, I just said it twice that all lights are working..
Posted By: TRicker Re: Signal Light Blinks like 100 - 08/14/06 11:50 PM
my car did this once before too. i took out the taillight bulbs and noticed that one of my taillights was filled with water. the connection was just coming off and on when i would hit the brakes hard enough or accelerate hard enough for the water to slosh into the bulb connection. drilled a super tiny hole in the bottom of the light so it would drain, and cleaned off the bulb and voilla! no more ubber ticky.

(fyi, the car ticks faster when there is a break in the circuit, or that switch is broke, for those that dont know this common knowledge)
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Signal Light Blinks like 100 - 08/15/06 01:33 AM
When I put my left signal on it blinks like theres no tommorrow.. FAST and LOUD.. What might be causing it, all the lights work, just really fast blinking.

Multi function switch (MFS) a.k.a. turn signal switch.

Click this thread for how to
Posted By: m4gician Re: Signal Light Blinks like 100 - 08/15/06 01:54 AM

change your tail light and front turn signal bulbs.
Posted By: m4gician Re: Signal Light Blinks like 100 - 08/15/06 01:54 AM

Also check for water in either your tail light or headlight and use folded up bounty to soak up the water little by little, then change the bulb for a dry one.
© CEG Archives