Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Random misfire fix... - 08/05/06 03:55 PM
Ok, so I was having a random mifire issue after I did my upper/lower intake cleaning.

Come to find out the misfire was caused by me forgetting to put this little sensor back on with the coil pack. The little sensor has part number "F6AF-18801-AA" stamped on it with one single wire in a loom going to it with a little metal bracket attached to the side.

Apparantly this little sensor gets it's ground signal from the passenger-front bolt on the coil pack...

So if you've removed the coil pack for any reason and are now having a random misfire, make sure the little ground wire is screwed down on the driver-front and the little sensor I mentioned above is screwed down on the passenger-front.
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Random misfire fix... - 08/05/06 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:
..Come to find out the misfire was caused by me forgetting to put this little sensor back on with the coil pack. The little sensor has part number "F6AF-18801-AA" stamped on it with one single wire in a loom going to it with a little metal bracket attached to the side.

Apparantly this little sensor gets it's ground signal from the passenger-front bolt on the coil pack...

So if you've removed the coil pack for any reason and are now having a random misfire, make sure the little ground wire is screwed down on the driver-front and the little sensor I mentioned above is screwed down on the passenger-front.

Thanks for posting about the radio capacitor.

"TAKE NOTE that there are two seperate items that were also secure by two of those four bolts.. the radio noise suppressor is on one side (small grey-ish plastic clip with a metal braket on it) and a ground strap on the other... REMEMBER THIS.." Ray (from Alternator R and R)
Posted By: projectSHO89_dup1 Re: Random misfire fix... - 08/07/06 12:39 AM
The ground wire could cause misfires. The RFI cap won't.

Steve
© CEG Archives