Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: gunman_sr5 Need help asap. no manuel. - 08/02/06 05:03 PM
Hey guys. i posted it in the troubleshooting forum but i was wondering if anyone had a fuse diagram or somethign ot tell me where the fan relay is. Its a 1996 Mercury mystique. i have have asked ford but and they wont tell me anythign but i need to have it replaced and i have no idea which fuse or relay it is. Thank u.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Need help asap. no manuel. - 08/02/06 05:10 PM
which fan, the engine cooling fans or the passanger compartment fan?
Posted By: gunman_sr5 Re: Need help asap. no manuel. - 08/02/06 05:17 PM
its for the engine cooling fan. my car overheats and the air went out on it. and they think the fan relay is whats bad.
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: Need help asap. no manuel. - 08/02/06 05:26 PM
Just a guess here but it sounds like you have more problems then a blown fuse / relay.

I would check to see if the over heading problem is due to a bad water pump.

not sure if you mean your a/c stopped or is no air comes out at all. I think the blower motor resistor pack would be the thing to check for the no air issue.
Posted By: Andy W._dup1 Re: Need help asap. no manuel. - 08/02/06 05:28 PM
Not with the current temperatures sweeping across the US. Without fans the car would over heat very easily.

-Andy
Posted By: gunman_sr5 Re: Need help asap. no manuel. - 08/02/06 05:28 PM
Well the low speed fan will not come on at all. I have no air condition. The waterpump has been changed. They checked the resister pack and said everythign was fine with it.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Need help asap. no manuel. - 08/02/06 05:36 PM
Originally posted by gunman_sr5:
Hey guys. i posted it in the troubleshooting forum but i was wondering if anyone had a fuse diagram or somethign ot tell me where the fan relay is. Its a 1996 Mercury mystique. i have have asked ford but and they wont tell me anythign but i need to have it replaced and i have no idea which fuse or relay it is. Thank u.

It's in the owners manual I thought.
Posted By: JeSiZZle Re: Need help asap. no manuel. - 08/02/06 06:30 PM
read the title tod
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Need help asap. no manuel. - 08/02/06 07:29 PM
Download from www.fleet.ford.com

Fuse numbers are also here.
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=trouble&Number=887004&Forum=trouble&Words=brake%20lights%20fuse&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=6months&Main=886893&Search=true#Post887004
Posted By: FavoriteMystaque Re: Need help asap. no manuel. - 08/02/06 11:16 PM
This topic Fans topic will help, once you locate the fan relays. Look for my post with the diagrams. Good luck with your troubleshooting! The fan motors can get locked up or stiff turning as well as relay/wiring issues.
© CEG Archives