Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: plance1_dup1 Cha Chunk Cha Chunk from Right Rear... - 08/01/06 12:51 PM
It doesnt sound like its down low, its driving me insane. Should I go to Ford?
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Cha Chunk Cha Chunk from Right Rear... - 08/01/06 01:04 PM
Originally posted by plance1:
It doesnt sound like its down low, its driving me insane. Should I go to Ford?

Before you do that, check that you have nothing loose in the trunk. Jack, spare tire, etc. Then do a strut test. Push down on car and let go. If it bounces more than once up and down, then it is probably a bad strut.
Thanks, but I checked the trunk, nothing doing. The struts seem fine but thanks for the ideas.
Posted By: jtour Re: Cha Chunk Cha Chunk from Right Rear... - 08/01/06 06:17 PM
Check your tires they maybe shot. Look for worn out tires.

If it happens on bumps, Sway bar hardware (links, rubber bushings). If under braking, rear brake shoes are worn out.
Posted By: rwea14 Re: Cha Chunk Cha Chunk from Right Rear... - 08/02/06 02:45 AM
If I may, I had a similar noise I think on my left rear side. I thought it was my sway bar link and bushings. After wasting most of the morning changing these I found our it was not that at all and I am still wondering what it is? Could it be the bushings on the actual sway bar itself..It is more pronounced when I have little to no gas in the tank??
Checked it out today, the right rear koni is snapped!
Which part of the strut failed?
The top part, the shaft is just fastened at the bottom.
© CEG Archives