Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: dharnie Blower switch - 07/29/06 04:11 PM
On my 1996 Mystique 4 cylinder, I need to get at the blower switch to replace it.

Anyone know -

How do I remove the dash panels? I see 2 screws just above the radio panel, which is the original radio. Appears that I need to remove the radio first - right? How without leaving tool marks?
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Blower switch - 07/29/06 04:25 PM
just did this last night, remove the radio, by the ash tray there are two screws to remove, take out the two screws above the radio and the panel is held on by clips. the fan switch is held in with one screw and you twist and pull it out, then reverse
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: Blower switch - 07/29/06 07:00 PM
Originally posted by dharnie:
On my 1996 Mystique 4 cylinder, I need to get at the blower switch to replace it.

Anyone know -

How do I remove the dash panels? I see 2 screws just above the radio panel, which is the original radio. Appears that I need to remove the radio first - right? How without leaving tool marks?

dont touch it.

There is a recall for it, take it to a dealer and have them fix it and the resistor pack for free
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Blower switch - 07/30/06 01:10 AM
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:
Originally posted by dharnie:

Anyone know -

dont touch it.

There is a recall for it, take it to a dealer and have them fix it and the resistor pack for free

It is not a recall. It is a Extended Customer Satisfaction Warranty.

01M07 Extended Coverage Program 10 years/150k miles.
"On your vehicle, the heater blower switch may lose function in one or more of the blower switch positions. If this should happen, defrost performance may be affected."

Autozone for how to.
http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/1b/cf/9f/0900823d801bcf9f.jsp
© CEG Archives