Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: zmoney Interior lights won't shut off! - 07/19/06 03:48 PM
Ok, so the other day I was parking my car and hit the curb pretty good. I was pretty pissed and I jumped out and checked but there was no physical damage whatsoever. The only problem is that my interior lights won't go off! I just turn the dome light off but the door lights won't go off. Did I knock off a sensor or something? For now I am just going to pull the bulbs out so I don't drain my battery, but any help would really be appreciated! If it matters, I have a 99 v6 manual mystique.
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Interior lights won't shut off! - 07/19/06 03:50 PM
Welcome . Check Central timer. It is located under the Passenger Compartment Fuse box (under dash, left of steering column).

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=trouble&Number=1226230&Forum=trouble&Words=central%20timer&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=3months&Main=1226230&Search=true#Post1226230
Posted By: phinfan Re: Interior lights won't shut off! - 07/21/06 02:48 PM
sounds dumb but check your dimmer controll it has a spot to stay on. this happened to me right after I bought my contour.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Interior lights won't shut off! - 07/21/06 03:00 PM
also check for a sticking door switch, although that normally causes the lights to stay off, but one could have broken ....
© CEG Archives