Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: zetec herman yellow fluid? - 03/03/06 12:50 AM
I was snowblowing my driveway today, when I noticed some tracks of yellow liquid on the driveway. It was underneith my car and my mom's car. I was beginning to think antifreeze, although it green. I can't think of any other fluid that could remotely close to yellow comming from a car. And I don't have any animals (thinking it was animal piss). Checked fluids on both cars and they were fine. Could I be imaging this yellow fluid?
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: yellow fluid? - 03/03/06 02:14 AM
Brake fluid? Badly worn out power steering fluid?
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: yellow fluid? - 03/03/06 03:34 AM
You're car is bleeding the lizzard.
Posted By: Rogerm60 Re: yellow fluid? - 03/03/06 11:43 AM
Antifreeze does look yellow on snow. Most of the green is a surface effect of additives, since ethylene glycol is basically clear.
Posted By: Dr. Cross Re: yellow fluid? - 03/03/06 02:51 PM
I've seen the same thing w/ both of my Jeeps. At first I thought I also had a fluid leak. Took it to the dealer and they couldn't find anything. I never see any wet spots when I park my Jeep on dry groung (my garage), so I've convinced my self that it is not a fluid issue. I've noticed this yellow fluid dripping off of my exhaust when I do an undercarriage spray clean. I've attributed it to some sort of rust issue.
Posted By: Dan the rug man Re: yellow fluid? - 03/04/06 01:09 AM
When it gets really cold, the radiator inlet & outlet pipes contract and coolant will leak. The leak disapears when the radiator warms and expands. I usually see it when the my truck sits outside when it get -10 or colder.
Posted By: platinum_drew Re: yellow fluid? - 03/04/06 07:40 PM
power steering fluid is usually black-ish when old, maybe brown (usually red originally, add carbon and, yuck).

mighta been a kid hatin on your car and took a leak on it
Posted By: zetec herman Re: yellow fluid? - 03/05/06 02:43 AM
mechanic put it on a lift and didn't find any leaks. Wondering if it's my moms taurus.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: yellow fluid? - 03/05/06 06:19 AM
An animal or something pissed in the driveway?
© CEG Archives